LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » i cant take this anymore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i cant take this anymore
Jody Rinehart
Member # 24080

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jody Rinehart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant take this anymore, i am in so much pain. i am so depressed and i cant even get out of bed. i feel terrible, i already did my infusion at the hospital and got my steriod shot and i still feel bad. thinking about calling my doc, any advice?
Posts: 34 | From goldsboro, nc | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ran a nice warm/hot bath of epsom salt 2 cups and 1 cup of baking soda and soak for 20 minutes. Pain meds taken before. Drink plenty of water before and after soak.

On days when I at my wits end and just need a break, I call this the best pain killer ever. It only lasts for a few hours but a break is a break.

Add a few drops lavender essential oils in the tub and it will also help your mind relax.

Do this twice a day.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
you said you " . . . got my steriod shot" ?

Are you being treated by an ILADS-educated or ILADS-member LLMD?

My concern is that steroids are strongly advised against for lyme patients unless of life threatening situation (or to save eyes or ears, etc.) but then only with very specific antibiotics to address lyme + other possible infections. Abx would not protect against viruses, however.

Infusion of what? Antibiotics? Vitamins?

Hopefully, all the bases were covered. If not, the knowledge will help in future.

Bu, whatever is going on, Pam's advice should help. If you deal with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities) and if you've not used it before, you might want to avoid lavender, though. A drop of lemon oil seems to work for those MCS patients who can't tolerate lavender.

Vitamin C may help. Magnesium, too. and REST. I know it's very hard but REST is the best thing right now. Nurture yourself with healthy food, music and hope.

This will get better.
-

[ 01-23-2010, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jody Rinehart
Member # 24080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jody Rinehart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am getting antibiotic infusions at the hospital. my doc isnt a LLMD. he seems very confused, he just told me he thinks i have a co-infection. what does that mean?
Posts: 34 | From goldsboro, nc | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless there is a specific reason for the steroid shot, it's a really, really bad idea. I wouldn't take one from someone not highly educated in Lyme Disease because it can make the infection SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

A coinfection is an infection passed by a tick other than borrelia (Lyme).

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jody,

First of all my heart goes out to you.

I know how you feel I have been under treatment since April 2009.

I am doing better but I STILL have days of good and bad....then REAL BAD...

but PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP..

This is such a terrible thing to have to deal with but I promise it CAN get better.

YOU MUST try to find a qualified LLMD..

This is a total must!!!

Its very costly but they are the only ones that have a clue as to what we are going through.

until then try to stay on this (or other sites) as much as you can.

Even if you don't feel like posting...just read what you can when you can and

Take notes...as every thing gets so confusing and jumbled together.

I see you live in NC, which might pose a problem trying to find a LLMD...

I live in Va and when I was looking for a LLMD I could not find a single one listed in NC but there are some in SC.

If you could read a letter I wrote in April before I started treatment (I WAS A TOTAL WREAK, and prayed to God because I just COULD NOT take it anyone) but

to see me now I am better...not ok...but at least some better. (of couse depending on which day you see me--lol)

PLEASE look for and find a local Lyme support group to join.

The reason I say stay on this site as they have been a life saver to me.

I finally realized I am NOT alone and I am NOT the only person going through what I am going through

and I feel that might be how you are feeling now.

I must say my faith in God is what has kept me going as well.

I don't know if you are a spiritual person but please try praying when you get to your wits end...

I promise He will hear you...I can not tell you how many times I've been so down but after praying I have felt better.

One other thing...as far as the steriods

Just my opinion...

but they are BAD BAD BAD for Lyme patients.

Before I got diag. my MD treated me with predisone for what we thought was a sinus infection in Jan and they just about killed me....

I have no doubt they made me much worse...i even stopped taking them before time (not even knowing what was going on) but I could just sense something was wrong with me taking them.

I truly would STOP the steriods... I don't know if they could be helping you but I am sure they could be hurting.

PLEASE keep in touch and DO NOT GIVE UP.

I will be praying for you.

Love in Christ,

Karen

[group hug] [kiss]

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Steroids are not a good thing,they lower our immune system and help the Lyme get worse.

I got a lot worse after being given steroids for poison ivy,they were called prednisone.

You always get worse then get better,the ABX kills the Lyme and the Lyme release toxins when they die.

So after your toxin levil drops you should feel better.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jody - you can google the symptoms for the main co-infections and see whether you think you match any. Babesia, bartonella and erhlichia.

You definitely need to be under the care of an LLMD - ie, a doctor who knows how to recognize and treat Lyme and the co's.

If you need referrals, you can make a post for an LLMD in your area in the Seeking A Doctor section.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best thing for reference is to print the green booklet from http://www.lymepa.org

it's on down alittle on the left side of page
tells about tick diseases & last pages list symptoms

Definately get to a LLMD...lyme literate MD.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know any llmds your way, but I hope you get relief soon. Things get worse before they get better - I know you get tired from hearing that - I wish you better soon.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find an LLMD ASAP!!!! Steroids are a terrible idea and your dr is doing you great harm!

Go to Seeking a Doctor here if you haven't already.

you CAN get well with the proper care!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jody, steriods shut down your immune system and allow the Lyme to run rampant in your body.

My husband had to have steriods to have a CT scan as he's allergic to the contrast. Doing this to shut down his immune system over several months allowed the Lyme to grow in his body, as the immune system was no longer keeping it in check.

Your Dr. is on the right beginning with the IV antibiotics, but have a serious discussion with Him/Her about the idea of steriods / immune system function / infectious disease.

You should not be getting steroids.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme cycles up and down, you know an upturn is
ahead. Agree with warm (not hot) bath and adrenal support
but that means mineralocorticoid support e.g.
aldosterone or aldosterone like plant/herbs/minerals of which licorice is an example or the Rx flourinef. I agree with above that
immunosuppressive glucocorticoids like prednisone would likely
be a not good thing to do unless you have a deficiency of those e.g on a blood test.

Best Wishes for a Better Tomorrow,

Beachinit.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kris8
Member # 12539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kris8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jodi,

Concerned about the steriods as well. My husband HAD to have a shot about two years ago when he completely lost his vision (which even didn't fully come back. He didn't have a choice. Steroids makes the Lyme have a field day. Please reconsider the steroids if possible.

Posts: 22 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement