LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » COLORADO?!? Chronic and out of time...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COLORADO?!? Chronic and out of time...
overfences
Member # 24331

Icon 7 posted      Profile for overfences         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody! This is my first day on lymenet, and I am so impressed by everybody's willingness to help one another, and the wealth of knowledge that you all have. It gives me hope, for the first time in years. I am 30, and I have had Lyme for almost 14 years. (The better part of my life.) I have seen countless doctors, healers, naturopaths...I sort of gave up looking for help, a couple years ago, and decided I would simply have to live with this disease, like it or not.

I was naive to assume I wouldn't get any worse. I have. In fact, the past few moths, it has occurred to me that I am actually DYING, rapidly, and I am in desperate need of help, right away.

For two years, I turned to drugs. Not Augmentin and Motrin, but heroin, cocaine, crystal meth. That is a secret that I feel I should share, in case anyone else out there has done or is doing the same. Not only do these things not work, they speed up the decline, and mask your symptoms so you don't notice. Sure, I had energy, felt less pain, could alter my moods accordingly. I could sleep at night, and wake up in the morning. It cost about the same, or less maybe, and I didn't have to visit doctors, or tell anyone my symptoms, or act like a sick person. But while all this was happening, my body was failing.

And then I got arrested. And now I am on Supervised Probation, and drug tested twice weekly, randomly. And here I sit; in bed, at three in the afternoon, sick and sober for over six months now, and awash with regret and a realization that I need medical help.

I hope you all won't judge me, I do that thoroughly all by myself. I also hope that anyone who has a similar experience might say hello...I'm really out of time at this point - I need to start the fight against this bacteria, before it kills me. If you have any advice, doctor referrals, or just want to talk, here I am.

I'm a nice girl. I love horses and books. I have red hair and freckles. I also have this relentless disease. It won't be ignored any longer. Thanks, guys. Lots of love. -NP  -

[ 02-04-2010, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 6 | From Denver, CO | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless your heart. I am sorry you felt the need to turn to drugs for relief. Don't be ashamed. I have

not been there, but I do see how easy it could happen to any of us. You can be helped. While the

road may be a little longer than others, I believe it can be done. I hope you find the best LLMD to

help you get there. Hold your head up, be strong and you can do it.

Someone who has the list will be along shortly to help. Prayers.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overfences
Member # 24331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overfences         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Pinelady, for your kind and hopeful words. You are the first to reply to this post, which I was nervous to publish, and you have put me at ease. xo
Posts: 6 | From Denver, CO | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry about it. Trust me. I did think about

it before I got my diagnosis. For over 2 yrs. I

had a doc. tell me I was not sick. I had to work,

and when I could not do anything else but that, I

thought about something to keep me going. But by

that time I knew if I didn't get help I was going

to die. 3 doctors told me there was

nothing wrong with me. And I almost believed

them. Thats Lyme. Has someone sent you a list of doctors to treat?

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. I am putting a copy of this post in General Support so you can get more support answers. I am also leaving it open in seeking a doctor so they can help you find a doc.

Don't feel ashamed. It's a bad, bad disease. With treatment you can get better. Hang in there. It sounds like you're getting on the right track.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to lymenet! I'm so sorry you need to be here. [kiss]

I don't think many people here would judge you. We all understand. [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Lymenet!! We're so glad you are ready for a change and ready to tackle this disease!! I hope you can find a dr near you.

Many of us have to travel quite a ways to find a good LLMD.

PS.. Most of the action is over in Medical Questions. Join us there!!

For jokes and fun, go to Off Topic!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calmom
Member # 24054

Icon 1 posted      Profile for calmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
overfences,

This is a really great place. I am pretty new here too. Everyone just seems to want to share their knowledge and experiences in hope of helping one another. You will find support.

I grew up in southwest Denver, my mom is still there. it has really changed in the 25 years since I came to Calofirnia. It is a beautiful place.

So sorry to hear you have gone through so much with the drugs, - I went through a lot with my oldest - very happpy to hear you are on a path to wellness - and that is what is important now.

There is another site - I think lots of people from here go to - I went looking for recipes, it loovery social and fun (which Lyme people really need) - maybe check it out. http://lymefriends.ning.com/

All the best on your journey..here you are on a good path.

CalMom

Posts: 29 | From California | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, overfences. [Smile]

It took a lot of guts to open up the way you did and I commend you. We all have to deal with situations and learn life lessons in our own ways.

It sounds like you have and are now on the road to recovery.

Good luck finding a lyme doc and beginning your new journey.

We're here for you!

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly believe many people need to resort to recreational drugs just to get through life, pain and illness. I wish you the best.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trishee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trishee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contact ILADA.org for a LLMD nearest you. Important to get on top of your symptoms before damage is permanant. Appreciate your honesty:)

Blessings,
Trish
www.S-L-A-M.org
"Ribbons Across America"

Posts: 142 | From Sturbridge, MA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that reference was meant to be ILADS.org. Do find an LLMD right away.

I am so sorry to hear that you've had to go through all of that.

I was lucky to figure out my illness after a few months, to have mild symptoms, and to get myself to an LLMD within a short time. Now I have started good treatment and am hopeful that I will recover and will not progress to worse symptoms, but who knows?

So I have been lucky not to be in your situation, though I could find myself there in the future.

What I want to say is, people have beat Lyme, and people have beat drugs, and you are going to do both. (Even though you have quit the drugs, it sounds like you are still coping with the stigma and the effect they have had on your life.)

You will find supportive Lyme friends here. I had a friend who met her husband when they were both in Narcotics Anonymous--if you haven't found NA yet, you might find other supportive friends there, too.

Good luck to you, and hang in there! You can get better and get your life back.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement