LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » absolutely furious with doctor!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: absolutely furious with doctor!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i made it through my test but i am beside myself with anger at my doctor.

you all know that mike does not believe in lyme and thinks everything can be solved by loosing weight and exercise. i hear this constantly!!

well after the test, the doctor told him that everything was fine -- no diverticulitis, no polyps, etc.

he told mike that "well your wife is one of those that needs a therapetic visit once in awile to assure herself that nothing is wrong."

WTH!!!!! OMG!!!

that is like pouring gasoline on a fire!!! so he told mike that she needed to exercise, loose weight and stop worrying!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!! mike told him "well that ain't never gonna happen" and the doctor said "well i see alot of older wom3n who have problems like this."

and then they had a good laugh!!!

mike said he heard him go into the next cubicle and tell this woman THE EXACT SAME THING!!!

so what do i hear when i get home. "see i told you there is not a damn thing wrong with you, but oh no, you have to spend money, you have to see a doctor, you have to be reassured. you should get off your fat *** and do something" and it went on and on and on and on....\

i am never ever going to that doctor again. i don't care if i've been going to him for over 25 years.

I DON'T CARE IF I EVER SEE HIM AGAIN!

WHAT HAPPENED TO PROTECTING YOUR DAMN PATIENTS!!!

I AM SO SPITTING MAD I CAN HARDLY SIT STILL.....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad your test was ok but so sorry you have to deal with this BS !!!.......

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wendihk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wendihk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it makes you feel better I am 5'9" tall and weigh 117 pounds and I am sick with this. So, in summary, losing weight does not make Lyme go away. On the contrary, some people gain weight with this crap and some people lose weight.

These doctors look for the easiest explanation for everything. Just like you need to exercise and lose weight I need to eat more. Wish it was that simple.

Don't waste your precious energy on this a-hole. Just move on and think positive.

Posts: 114 | From New York | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women always get this crap from doctors. My own GP tries his best to put me on antidepressants everytime I go see him. He has never offered them to my husband. If your a woman over 40 then its all in your head!

At least you know that your colon is okay! You at least got that much from him.

Sorry your husband is not supportive. I personally wouldn't live with that. I don't think you can heal in that kind of environment.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I to am glad your test were ok... and it is so sad you have to deal with this.

It's amazing how much PROOF we have that LYME DOES exist people continue to not want to believe or accept it.

Try to change gears (it will be better FOR YOU) take a warm bath, relax and remember you WILL always have allies here.

WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Praying for you,

Karen [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing...

God KNOWS the truth... that is why he has brought us here to this place (:

Not only do we have Him we have each other.

WE WILL NEVER BE ALONE [Smile]

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Another thing...

God KNOWS the truth... that is why he has brought us here to this place (:

Not only do we have Him we have each other.

WE WILL NEVER BE ALONE [Smile]

MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, you seriously need to report this *** to the medical board, especially for joking about your weight with your husband.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the lesser-than theory taught in medical school?

I think so.

Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This book is specific to lyme and other chronic stealth infections. The author discusses the endocrine connection and effects of STRESS on a person with such infections.

You can read customer reviews and look inside the book at this link to its page at Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/6xse7l

The Potbelly Syndrome: How Common Germs Cause Obesity, Diabetes, And Heart Disease (Paperback) - 2005

by Russell Farris and Per Marin, MD, PhD

=================

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

infection, obesity - 2433 abstracts

viruses, obesity - 388 abstracts

viral, obesity - 464 abstracts

bacteria, obesity - 889 abstracts

--------

One of those:

J Dent Res. 2009 Jun;88(6):519-23.

Is obesity an oral bacterial disease?

Excerpt:

. . . It seems likely that these bacterial species could serve as biological indicators of a developing overweight condition.

Of even greater interest, and the subject of future research, is the possibility that oral bacteria may participate in the pathology that leads to obesity. . . .

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so you're saying that in some cases, like people with lyme maybe, that exercise could be contra-indicated?

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Comments about weight are NEVER jokes. It was abusive intent on the part of your doctor - and I'd also give any husband the boot who went along with that kind of abuse. He should have set the record straight rather than join the boys' club.

==================

Background regarding aerobic exercise in the presence of infection:

http://www.ott.zynet.co.uk/polio/lincolnshire/library/uk/post-me.html

[Post-polio expert] Dr. [Richard] Bruno points out that physical over-activity is the biggest cause of post-polio symptoms. [3] (See Dr. Bruno's "Fainting and Fatigue" in the Spring 1996 CFIDS Chronicle, page 37.)

EXCERPT:

when mice infected with Coxsackie B3 were forced to swim in a warm pool, the virulence of the virus was drastically augmented.

In fact, viral replication was augmented 530 times. This did horrendous things to the animals' hearts.

We all know that to play squash with the flu can lead to heart attacks. Much the same danger can be courted by undertaking hard exercise with M.E. [what CFS is called in the UK.]

. . .

In 1988, Reyes and his colleagues exercised mice suffering from Coxsackie B3 myocarditis -- inflammation of the heart muscle caused by the virus.

They showed that the effect of exercise on the production of the neurohormones which regulate immune response and inflammation led to an increase in susceptibility to Coxsackie virus infections -- the host response was altered in favor of the virus. . . . .

. . . Cont'd at link above.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Randi,

I was trying to get my two posts together and just moved the exercise one. Still, they are not together but continuity eludes me.

YES. If aerobic exercise, damage can occur if any infection is present.

Aerobic exercise is NOT allowed for lyme patients until they are nearly better. That is the cornerstone of Dr. B's self-care section.

However - other exercise is VITAL. But a patient may require complete ADRENAL support in order for even mild exercises. If the adrenals are toast, exercise can further damage the system until proper support is in place.

Mitochondrial dysfunction, too, needs to be examined as that is huge with lyme and causes severe exercise intolerance.

===================

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Dr. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines (2008) - 37 pages

Sections regarding self-care:

Go to page 27 for SUPPORTIVE THERAPY & the CERTAIN ABSOLUTE RULES

and also pages 31-32 for advice on a safe, non-aerobic exercise plan and physical rehabilitation.

Excerpts from page 32:

1. Aerobic exercises are NOT allowed, not even low impact variety, until the patient has recovered.

. . .

4. Exercise no more often than every other day. The patient may need to start by exercising every 4th or 5th day initially, and as abilities improve, work out more often, but NEVER two days in a row. The nonexercise days should be spent resting.

. . . .

============================

In addition to the usual coinfections from ticks (such as babesia, bartonella, ehrlichia, RMSF, etc.), there are some other chronic stealth infections that an excellent LLMD should know about:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=069911#000000

TIMACA #6911 posted 03 August, 2008

I would encourage EVERY person who has received a lyme diagnosis to get the following tests.

- at link.

=====================

Much more about exercise safety for lyme patients here - including details about MITOCHONDRIAL dysfunction from lyme, ADRENAL SUPPORT, etc:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/77325

Topic: To everyone with cardiac symptoms please read!

=====================

http://www.cfids.org/sparkcfs/working-out.pdf

HTML version - without photos for easier printing: http://tinyurl.com/4qevgl

WHEN WORKING OUT DOESN'T WORK OUT

By Dr. Christopher R. Snell, Dr. J. MarkVanNess and Staci R. Stevens, et.al.

-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Randi,

You said you made it through your test. WHAT test?

I think it's time to file a complaint with the medical board, however, in this time of hatred of all those who carry fat - I think you could be up for more mortification.

I'd fire your doctor for sure but my guess is that you don't need to return.

As for any husband who takes delight in sharing with a doctor such a put-down of his wife, that's another matter.
-

[ 02-05-2010, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

randibear
Member # 11290

i had a colonscopy because of severe abdominal pain with rectal bleeding and constant diahhrea.

i suspected c. diff and the er gave me abx and the ct scan showed "diffuse swelling in the colon".

so i went to my gastro and this is what i got!!!

mike is so furious over this that he's been in den all day, in the back of house, and now is in the bedroom with the door closed. i told him look you can watch tv here in the living room and he said "well i certainly didn't get any sleep last night so i need to shower and clean up and then i'm going to bed" and closed the door again.

i asked him if he wanted me to sleep in the guest bedroom and he said "oh no, you'll be fine now. you saw a doctor, got your drugs and painkillers. you should be happy now until you run out of drugs." and then shut the door.

i AM sleeping in the guest bedroom!!!

oh this is just great, just great.

i could kill that damn doctor, i really could.

--------------------

pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi,

I would request a copy of your records for today.

Did you hear the doctor say this, or were you told this by your husband?

I don't think your husband is trustworthy.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

this was my husband telling me this....but i have a sneaking suspicion that he's telling me the truth, cause when i told that doctor that amiben doesn't work and neither does tramadol or codeince, or darvocet, he just looked at me and said well that's all i give, and walked away.

i WAS NOT asking for heavy duty pain killers. i was just telling him that what he gave me didn't work.

he said i have "chronic ibs with splenic flexure syndrome with mucoid colitis".... yeah, right, you jerk....

he did give me robinul for what he said was colon spasms. he supposedly told mike "well they can hurt"...

gggrrrrr

so i'm seriously seriously po'd at this guy.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Randi,

If you are not yet gluten-free that might really help your colon symptoms. For some with IBS and Crohn's, being gluten-free has made a huge difference.

-

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. What an unprofessional doctor. Very sexist. What a butthead.

The GI symptoms you have been talking about for a long time on this board sound pretty serious to me.

What treatment are they saying you should get for this stuff? (those diagnoses you mentioned in the last post...surely someone wouldn't label you with that without giving you treatment options?)

Hopefully not steroids.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi,

Will your LLMD treat you for this problem? If not, I would find another GI doctor.

My kids went to a few GI doctors before we found a good one for them.

You have posted about your husband for a long time. The way he treated you today is not going to help a GI problem.

Do what you need to, so you can get problem to under control.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:

If you are not yet gluten-free that might really help your colon symptoms. For some with IBS and Crohn's, being gluten-free has made a huge difference.

Absolutely.

What a terrible doctor! But I also agree with "pab" that you should get a copy of your files in this regard. You may find out some interesting things. I don't trust Mike either.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it terrible that you go to a doctor for a complaint, and they just want to reassure you that you are "fine".

Unfortunately, reassurance has never worked for me, because I am anything but fine. "Reassurance" never makes me feel better, but if a duck were to actually find something important, I'd be thrilled. But it's usually something like, "Your labs are fine. There is nothing wrong with you."

Duck: "Have you tried Paxil? How about Cymbalta? I see that you are on a lot of benzos."

Me: "No, doctor, once again, they don't work. They make me very agitated."

Duck: "Well, you are not giving them long enough to work."

Me: "Yes I have. They don't work. They make me over-stimulated."

Duck: "Well, here's a psychiatrist. [hands over business card]"

Me: "I already have one."

Duck: "Well, maybe you'll like this one better."

Me: "[Frustated look] Walks out of office to never see them again."

Fortunately, I don't see these kind of doctors anymore. It's unfortunate that better doctors that think outside of the box spend time with you and often don't take insurance. I guess their business isn't sustainable if they take insurance since the practices don't run their patients through a mill process.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s0ngbird1962
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s0ngbird1962     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are HIPPA laws that protect your privacy. Your Dr. broke this by discussing your medical issues with your husband. To say he is unprofessional is the least of his problems here. I'd report him to the medical board, but do be prepared to find another MD....

--------------------
Mom to a 5 year old lymie....
Taking it one day at a time.

Posts: 182 | From Ipswich, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time I go to a nonLLMD is when I REALLY believe I'm dying.

Other than that, nonLLMDs are not worth the time, money and AGGRAVATION.

[group hug]

Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, big hugs to you after all that.

I am glad your results were normal.

Do whatever is best for you....that's all that matters.

Pray alot for strength, peace and healing.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

well here's an interesting viewpoint that i didn't consider.

ya'll know my sister is a radiologist, so i called her up and was witching something awful. she listed for a couple of minutes and then said "uh, did you sign a release form?" and i said "well yeah." she said "you dummy. you gave the doctor permission to say anything he wants to to michael. he can say you're nuts and you can't do a damn thing. don't ever sign a release form like that if you have a husband like that. you need to go into his office, if you plan on staying with him, and i wouldn't, and tell them to not open their mouth one inch with michael, and not to ever ever discuss anything, including the weather. that way, you've effectively tied his hands. they can't even leave a message on your phone. that will stop this asap. don't you ever ever sign one of those."

so she told me i created this mess by signing a release form. she said still it was unprofessional to do this and bad of my husband and that idiot doctor.

i did ask michael about this and told him i thought it was very unprofessional and his response was "well i shouldn't have told you. the doctor said he sees a lot of women like this. you're just too sensitive."

i told him i was going to confront the doctor and he backed off. so i'm still thinking pam might be right too. mike was telling me what he wanted and not what the doctor really said.

however, i did learn about that consent form and signing it. she said it releases the doctor from all liability, so in effect, my fault.

i didn't realize that when i signed it, but you better believe i'll never sign another one.

i did think it strange tho that he supposedly tole mike that there was nothing wrong with me but on his written report it says "diverticulitis of sigmoid and transverse colon, severe splenic flexure syndrome with associated mucoid colitis."

that doesn't sound like nothing is wrong to me...

--------------------

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi,

What is the doc wanting you to take/do for those problems???

I just want to make sure you are getting treated for your conditions.

The fact is, you went to the doctor for a problem, and the problem needs to get fixed. If this doctor can't help you, you need to find a GI specialist that can.

And with the next one, don't mention the Lyme or the antibiotics (not sure if you did or not this time), so that they will only focus on THEIR job, the GI issues. That's the best advice I can give.

Please don't let all these things go untreated!

Hugs.......

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
As far as getting treated for the condition, in addition to a gluten-free diet and magnesium supplementation - avoiding RED meats might be tried.

As many lyme patients have a type of porphyria, red meats can raise the level of porphyrins and when that happens, the colon will spasm causing severe pain to unbearable levels.

Other things that exasperate porphryia are certain drugs - such as sleeping drugs more than any.

Decades ago, I had been dx with IBS by several of the the "fibromyalgia" doctors. None suggested gluten, red meats or medicines they pushed at me were CAUSING the problem.

It was only when I become gluten-free (and, yes, genetic tests did show I had celiac after the G.I. biopsy failed because that doctor failed to tell me I needed to be ON gluten for the test to register.)

I also learned I had 2 kinds of porphyria so drop all the drugs that trigger porphyria attacks and followed the porphyria diet by dropping red meats and being sure I had lots of beta carotene, etc.

No drug will cure IBS because IBS is a symptom, not a disease.

IBS can be very serious, indeed, but until the doctors start teaching patients about the underlying causes and the changes in diet that are essential, all the pills they toss to the patient are likely not to have lasting effect, other than making it worse, in many cases if those drugs use the liver detox pathway Cytochrome P-450.

Now, I'm hoping your doctor told you all this but my guess is that he did not. It's a start. Especially with lyme, and your history of C.Diff. this is very complex. But, until your doctor suggests a gluten-free diet and attention to changes that can decrease elevated porphyrins, then you have to step up and take over with your own power to save your own life.

-------------

www.celiac.com

CELIAC - and GLUTEN details.

=====================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/87840?

Topic: Porphyria

-

[ 02-07-2010, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

randibear
Member # 11290

well crap, he gave me ambien and something called robinul.

which i tried the robinul and it gave me such a migraine i thought i was going to cry.

another pill in the trash drawer.

and no he didn't say squat about red meat. said only to avoid corn, nuts, go on liquid diet until symptoms subside then back to normal.

i hate to tell him there is NO normal for me.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
By a liquid diet, did he mention making your own fresh VEGETABLE JUIICES? Or pureeing lentils or other beans - or pureeing vegetables? You can't just drink down chemicals. REAL food, put through a food processor or with a hand-held blender right in the pot is what will help.

A liquid diet can be a minefield devoid of nutrition and loaded with dangerous chemicals. It need to be liquified (or pureed) food. Real food. Spinach is also very easy to digest (easier than kale). Powdered greens as in GREEN VIBRANCE may be very helpful but you still need to start with real food so as to avoid so many of the chemicals in the instant food mixes.

The Jack LaLane Power Juicer is very good. I've used several over the years and this is the best (aside from VitaMix which costs fortune). Amazon and Costco are just two places - or find the official Jack LaLane website.

I don't see how you could eat a liquid diet UNLESS you make your own vegetable juices. It's really amazing how much better I feel when I do this.

Miso soup and TOFU can also add much value. You can run tofu through a food processor and add all sorts of garden herbs such as dill, etc. - or add a touch of stevia and banana with vanilla. The "silken tofu" sold for dessert use has gluten in it, though, so it needs to be without food starches added (the label will tell you).

Lots of good information here about IBS, highlighting many options for finding relief:

http://www.vrp.com/ArticlesSearch.aspx?k=IBS

Articles Search results for IBS - many wonderful articles

========================

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

Gluten, pain - 158 abstracts

Gluten, brain - 144 abstracts

Gluten, inflammation - 214 abstracts

Gluten, IBS - 19 abstracts

-----------------------

Cross-searching with the same terms at Google will also bring up many good articles and links.

-

[ 02-07-2010, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

With nonLLMDs, I've had better luck with FEMALE doctors. Not all female doctors are better but some are.

Before you leave, how would it affect your health insurance, etc?

[group hug]

randibear
Member # 11290

oh i've got govt health insurance, single plan.

we both are covered individually so no problems there. the insurance goes where i go.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
If you just leave even for a short time, as this is a marital dispute, you may be giving up certain rights to even your own property that would be left behind. Please consult an attorney so you are clear on all your options and protections.
-

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Agree. See a lawyer before you do anything.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did think it strange tho that he supposedly tole mike that there was nothing wrong with me but on his written report it says "diverticulitis of sigmoid and transverse colon, severe splenic flexure syndrome with associated mucoid colitis."

that doesn't sound like nothing is wrong to me..."

EXACTLY what I was thinking. You need to call your dr's office and ask to speak to him personally. Don't let them tell you NO.

Ask him what he said to mike.

If you're not satisfied with his demeanor or his answer, then send him a letter telling him how unprofessional his behavior was .. and state in the letter that you are sending the Med board a copy. Then DO it.

RAndi.... Go off gluten for one month at the very least. That is all you need to do. It may change your life dramatically.

www.celiac.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Keebler said,

"Decades ago, I had been dx with IBS by several of the the "fibromyalgia" doctors. None suggested gluten, red meats or medicines they pushed at me were CAUSING the problem.

It was only when I become gluten-free (and, yes, genetic tests did show I had celiac after the G.I. biopsy failed because that doctor failed to tell me I needed to be ON gluten for the test to register.)"

++++++++++++++++++

That is what happened to me. I had the gold standard test 30 yrs ago and it was negative. I had been off wheat for 5 yrs prior to that, thinking I had an allergy to it.

Thankfully, I stayed away from wheat for the most part over the next 27 yrs...but ate some amounts of oats, barley and rye (and hidden gluten in processed foods) over those years.

It finally all hit the fan 3 yrs ago and I went off gluten on my own. In 10 days I felt like a new person!

I know now that lots of damage had been done to my body by my eating gluten all those years.. not knowing the truth of the matter.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement