LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » How often use infared sauna

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How often use infared sauna
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How often can one use an infrared sauna? And for how long? Once a day? Twice a day? Three times a week? For those who have Infrared saunas, how often do you do them and how long do you stay in them?

Thanks

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would LOVE to get an infrared sauna.

Imaginit, you buying one soon?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used mine daily. My LLMD said for 30 min .... but I stayed in it longer than that many times. He had me take extra minerals, so be sure to talk to your LLMD about using it.

Now that I'm not longer fighting Lyme, I try to use it twice weekly for toxins.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use mine usually 6 days out of 7. Seems like there is always one day, that I just can't find time.

I built up to staying in for 45 minutes and increased temperature slowly. I'm now up to 123 degrees. I start sweating around 101 degrees.

I drink a few glasses of water while I'm in the sauna.

It is time consuming. 1/2 hour to 45 minutes in sauna, I take about 20 minutes to cool down and keep sweating during that time.

Then I take a shower to clean any toxins off the skin. I use a bath brush to clean my skin, including my scalp (with a separate brush). Then I use a mild soap.

I replace the towels each time I use the sauna since they are soaking wet and I'm sure full of toxins, in the wash they go.

I use a terry cloth bathrobe when I get out of the sauna and that sure obsorbs a lot of sweat also. I have several terry cloth bathrobes since they should be washed frequently also.

Before I got my carbon heater FIR sauna, I used a ceramic heated sauna at a local small massage, facial place. They didn't have a shower but gave me a bowl of ice water and a wash cloth to wash down. I was amazed when I finished the sauna, the water in the bowl had a brown tinge to it. I never believed in toxins in the body until I saw that. Of course, that was pre-TBD diagnosis.

I no longer see any color in my sweat.

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting about the sweat color. My sweat left a pink tinge on everything. At least it was pretty. [Smile] But it did ruin sheets, white clothes, etc.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all so much. I purchased a portable one about six weeks ago and I love it!

Canefan--it was only $249 and takes up little space and sometimes they're on sale for $199. Hoosiers got me interested after she raved about hers. I believe this is what is going to let me be able to continue on with the abx. Detox, detox detox.

I just wasn't sure you could do it every day. I do drink a lot of water and take my supplements. I have been doing it for twenty minutes every other day...so now I'll make that every day and then increase time inside from there. Thank you!

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
imaginit,

Where did you find it for that price?

Is it a safe one? Right kinda glues etc?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six
I used to have brown stains on white tops around the underarm area. [Eek!] That was a bummer to get those stains out.

I think it may have been a week or more of using the sauna at the massage place that the brown stains disappeared.

Interesting in the different colors in sweat. I wonder if the color has to do with the level of toxicity?

BTW, for people wanting to try a FIR sauna, call around to local massage and spa places. The gal who owned the place I went to, charged me
$ 90.00 per month and I could use it every day. She was opened six days a week. I used her sauna for 2 months and then bought mine. But I went with the carbon heaters not the ceramic.

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Elaine,

Where'd you get yours?

six,
What are some ways we could replenish minerals during/afterwards?

Did you use a supplement or something like seasalt in water?

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Cane,
I bought an Elixir Therapy one person Zen model.
It actually holds two people. I think they are on a 8-10 week back order, right now. It is made in the USA and uses the Japanese medical carbon heaters.

I think many people have had good results with Sunlight saunas.

I wonder if mineral water would be better to drink in the sauna instead of filtered water?

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

I just thought of something else to add, don't know if it is important but thought I'd mention it.

I have a lot of raised bumps, moles, etc., some of my bart beasties.

I had this mole on my arm. It was one of those ugly witches mole on the face type things. It dried up when I was using the sauna at the spa.

In between stopping the spa sauna and waiting for my sauna to be shipped, the mole grew back and was bigger and uglier than before. I was just getting ready to go to the dermotolgist when my sauna arrived.

I went into my sauna for two days and noticed on the third morning, little black specs of something on my sheets. When I started investigating and looking at my body, the mole on my arm was totally black, dried up and was half gone. The next day the mole was gone completely and hasn't come back in six months.

This has also happened to a raised bump on my leg. It dried up and is going away. Not as fast as the mole, though.

What does this mean? I have no clue. [bonk]

Is it getting rid of some of my Bart growths?
I sure hope so.

bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a good one person fir sauna where your head sticks out?

I bought a cabinet type and can't do them because I get migraines afterward.

Bug

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Cane and Bug,
I bought mine at National Pool Wholesalers. It is the one where your head sticks out. Just google it and hit saunas at the top of page. And then it's one at the bottom that it is silver. It's on sale now for $199.

Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Cane and Bug,
I bought mine at National Pool Wholesalers. It is the one where your head sticks out. Just google it and hit saunas at the top of page. And then it's one at the bottom that it is silver. It's on sale now for $199.

leonimous
Member # 24402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leonimous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to substantially reduce keet population using an infrared sauna?

Is it true the Bb can't survive temps. of over 106F?

With proper detox measures to deal with the kill could a person get a substantial leg up using the sauna?

Posts: 13 | From Colorado Springs | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

My LLMD thought that the sauna reduced the lyme load but that a cyst buster would be needed to go along with it.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement