LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What Can You Do Today? 2/22-28

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What Can You Do Today? 2/22-28
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh, KAM. I hope you are feeling stronger after your parking space fiasco. That made me furious just reading about it. And a useless manager to boot! Yikes! I hope you can get that spot designated as yours soon.

Another week. I spent the past weekend in my recliner. I think this is the fourth one in a row that I had to do that. I did manage to go to Home Depot, Lowe's and Walmart on Saturday morning. My husband and I were trying to make decisions about lights in the kitchen when my brain and body shut down. I could not stand any more and found the whole conversation really frustrating. Bless his heart he is patient with me!

I am hoping after these couple days of rest that I will be able to get some things done today. Time will tell.

What can you do today?

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KAM- I have found that since getting my handicapped parking placard that people are really rude when it comes to using handicapped spaces. I see people all the time parked there that do not have any tags or placards saying that hey are handicapped. I have been tempted to call the police several times.

There are also not enough spaces for all those who need them. SOmetimes they are filled and I have to park far away.
I do have times where I can do that but other times I Can not.

I was able to walk to the bustop this morning. Benn really having alot of pain since my pool therapy. I hope it gets better. I have an apointment to morrow for trigger point injections and some new thing called the graston technique. Its like a massage of sorts where they use metal rods to smooth out your muscles.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I think I need to send my invisable limo driver to take us to John Travolta's plane so we can all go to a health spa and vet...just sit around and have them bring us food...

perhaps a message...a warm soak in a luxurious bath

....quiet....

RE: parking spot. I did apply with a doctor's note and it was reserved for me....but someone needs to do a better job of marking it.

I am about to look into having a sign made and put up...when I am able.

yep. the new manager is ..kind of iffy

Mon evening...started feeling human again. able to do the 10 min loop on the nearby trail with a rest half way.

But, that is it for today for outdoor time and household chores.

With the exception of trying to do a little dance step here and there when able.

Karen...tell you hubby thank you for us to for being patient with you. So nice to hear.

Melissa....I am still trying to find a routine or balance with water therapy.

But, I love being there when all is going well.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang!! Glad things have calmed down for you, kam!!

I walked 30 laps today instead of usual 38 .. a little too much back pain and I knew I had to be on my feet all evening to feed the poor here in town.

Our church was in charge of tonight's meal. We fed them sloppy joes and other goodies. They also got homemade brownies and homemade ice cream. Sort of homemade.

The college where my husband works has their own dairy and makes their own ice cream. They donated for tonight. It's awesome.

My husband provided piano music for them! I hope they liked it!

So... here's hoping I can sleep tonight. I think I'll be able to. The pain is not real bad.

Where is everybody else??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday-Me and Rocky about 1 mile.

Karen-Hope you rested up after a busy weekend.

Merrygirl-Hope you feel better.

Kam-Have that limo driver stop for me too!

TuTu-You must attend a wonderful church. Hope you can rest too.

Off bright and early tomorrow to the IRS.

Oh joy!

[shake]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KAm I like your plan!!!!

I am have 2 appointments this week for the pool. the only pain I felt during the appointment was standing on one leg. my calves did not like that. I feel like i rushed through the exercises. maybe that was my problem. I mena I expected to hurt some but still not lifting back to the way I was before the appointment, I will keep you posted.

found out today that my dads puppy has demodectic mange! ugh,

its not contagious but it is gross. He only has some hair loss around his eyes and a spot on his back. We got to dip him and recheck in 2 weeks.

I feel like my animals are falling apart.

my maxy has ulcers in both eyes and bad arthritis.

my emma has allergies and double ear infections and I worry about her with the mange becuae she has no spleen so her immune system isnt the best.

my pup has mange he has had it since we got him in december, and I want to strangle the guy we got him from.

my other pitbull has severe knee (4 surgeries) problems and allergies.

its crazy!!

Lymetoo- hope you can sleep tonight. I know how hard that can be.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AKW...good to hear you were able to get out with Rocky.

Melissa....yep...I get peeved when I go to the dog park...there is one lady who always parks in the handicap place that does not need it or have a place card.

She does have a bent finger through and wants you to know because of that she has health problems...

Kind of funny... She is so clueless

TuTu...glad to hear you were able to be part of dinner.....wow..that is a lot of work...multi tasking and movement.

Sure hope you are doing Ok today.

Melissa...sorry to hear about the dogs. I don't recall it hitting me so hard when my kids were sick as it does when something is wrong with my service dog.

But, I tell myself it is because with the kids I knew it was just a cold and they would be fine and I was well then and could take care of them.

Tutu...yep. I am calmer now...as long as I lie here.

Been lying here for over 2 hours now. it is starting to turn light out now. Hoping to be able to get up and take a shower and put clean clothes on.

I feel so sticky. Wondering if I have clean clothes.

So much more I would like to do today. But, being able to take a shower will be a good start.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Hoping we all have something in our day that gives us a lift or we are able to give someone else a lift.
kam
Member # 3410

OK Able to take the shower and put long johns on and clean clothes.

Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest.

but, also encountered a bunch of negative stuff this morning....from others and my frustration with not having more control over my life.

things that should not bother me are bothering me more than they should.

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't do much today that is for sure! I vacuumed half of the house. I thought I would take a brief rest in the recliner but never got up again. [sleepy]

I have left a message with my doc. I can't function on Malarone. My house is falling down around me. [shake]

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Karen, I sure hope he is able to find something else for you.

Something that helps but also allows you to function.

I too sat down in the recliner and unexpectedly fell asleep. I am glad now as I do feel more human.

At least the pressure in the head is less and the vision is better.

Not planning on going out to do the walk in the forest though. Took Rosie out to toilet via the reclining power chair with leg lifts..the comfy one.

I recently learned it was OK to recline the smaller power chair too while moving.

Let me rephrase that. It is OK to recline it a bit and then move.

this has really been so much more comfortable as I get the support needed for my back and don't have to be in pain while I try to sit upright in it.

All this time, I thought I had to keep it upright or it would strip the gears.

I thought I could only recline it after I quit moving.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there!!

Kam.. hope you are up and going better tomorrow.. but today didn't sound too bad...????

Ak... it's a great church, but we were just a part of the big picture here in our small town. We have hot meals for the poor every night. We alternate where the meal will be served and who is serving it.. (actually.. cooking it)

I look forward to the next time we do it! They even have a board where you can find out what people need and arrange to get it for them.

merry.. sorry to hear about all the ill pets. That's awful to see!! HOpe you are OK.

kgg.. babesia sucks... so getting it knocked down would be a good thing. Maybe backing off on the malarone would work??

PS.. I slept OK last night! Boy did my legs hurt though! I stood for about 3 hrs. UGH!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i vacumed and did 3 huge loads of laundry-a lot of bedding-and then went to PT eval and she figured out one side of my hip was 2 inches highr than the other. anyone remember my bucking hourse? well she hurt my sacro-illiac joint and so i have been walking uneven for 4 months so that is why my ip got so bad. this PT was rally good. our session would have made a funny video. she climbed all over me so i would use her for weights. at one point she got between my legs and i had to"scissor" her.

she was really good. wen she was done my hips were even and it didn't hurt to get back in the car.

some pain is back-but i will go to her for a month and she is pretty sure she can make me bettr

they moved the closing to friday and i am totally freaking out. i just want it over at this point...we have zero to 2 feet of snow forcast for the next 4 days. noone knows wha will happen. i hope the sellers get here-they live far away

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, glad to catch up on how you are doing.

Tutu, how wonderful that your husband was able to play piano for the dinner. What joy that must have brought to people's hearts, combined with the dinner you provided must have really lifted them up!

My Bill is getting better every day, and we are able to take our Sheltie Logan for a walk most days. Only about 1/2 mile so far, but we are working our way up.

Also started using the wii every day we can, and that exercise is helping. So slowly we'll build back up.

Hope all the problems resolve for everyone. Try and find a little joy in each day. Keeping you in prayer!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Finding a little joy in each day is such a good idea.

Glad you were able to walk Logan.

Glad you are getting help Kayak.

The moving thing would cause a lot of anxiety for me too..even when I was well..purchasing a home was high anxiety.

Off to take a couple of excedrin..pressure in head is causing me to not be able to function yet this am....

except for the outing in my power chair to toilet Rosie this morning.

I forgot to put my clothes on over my long johns ....noticed it when I got out...too exhausted to go back and get dressed.

Head pressure seems to be less when outdoors?? But can't stay outdoors for long..est 10 min tops.

Need to figure something out so I can stay outdoors for longer periods of time.

INdoors I lie next to computer and it helps keep my mind of lyme and or watch TV in the afternoon..can't seem to take TV in the morning..brain needs the quiet as does vision

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam... I'm picturing you in your long johns. Hehehee!! Hope you feel better this afternoon!

Kayak.. let us know how things are going with the house and your PT. I wish I had access to a good PT! WEll, maybe I do and I just don't know it!!

Melody.. Good job on the walking. I can just see your pretty sheltie. I'm a fan of border colies (used to have one) and so I'm partial to any type of collie.

I'm skipping exercise today. My sciatica decided to kick up during the night last night and I'm just uncomfortable enough to know that I best not be walking my mile today. Shoot!! [bonk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Good to listen to your body Tutu.

I have been watching westerns since coming down sick.

I think I should have had my cowboy boots on with my long johns and a cowboy hat.

Looks like I will be down for the count today too.

kgg
Member # 5867

I held my Malarone today to see how I would feel. It wasn't much better, still weak just less sleepy. So I will take my evening dose and skip a morning one once in a while so my house doesn't collapse.

Since I was Malarone-free I was able to empty the dishwasher, load it and do up the pots and pans. Plus I baked some of my gluten free bread. That's about it. But it felt good to get it done!

I saw a nice sign of spring today. The two mallards that we had last year have returned and came with another couple! I was really surprised to see them in our little mud hole of a pound.

LP, you are a brave woman to do PT! So glad she was able to help you. Hopefully a month's worth of treatment will make it permanent.

MelodyMaker, good job on the walking! Thanks for the prayers!

Lymetoo, I hope that sciatica calms down for you! I was just lent the book Three Cups of Tea. I plan on reading it soon.

KAM, today must have been the day to get caught in our pj's. I had two glass men show up at the door and then our firewood person came. Of course, I was still in my pj's. Still am! I may not even bother dressing at this point.

Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KGG, here's a hint from experience, if you wear knit pants and shirt to bed, you actually look like you're dressed even when you're not. Then I just throw on a jacket if someone shows up and Voila!!! I'm presentable.

No way would I get dressed at 3 in the afternoon, I'd just have some cocoa and call it a day.

Kam, I can just see you in RED cowboy boots and matching hat with your Long Johns. Or maybe Hot Pink with rhinestones. That would be great!

Saw our specialist today, and I'm continuing on treatment, so being in prayer about that. She's also running some bloodwork just in case as I'm having some muscle weakness. We'll see.

Otherwise, I didn't do any exercise today, as I baked (lemon walnut scones) and did laundry then town for our Dr. appts.

Tomorrow is another day, but it will be a chilly one. I know I won't get sympathy from the Northerners, but it's going to get cold again here. Brrrrrr. Lows 20s, highs 50s. Brrrrrr.

Blessings Y'all!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam...this made me chuckle:

I forgot to put my clothes on over my long johns ....noticed it when I got out...too exhausted to go back and get dressed

twice i put clothes on inide out and just went my merry way...once to my sons college graduation---but nobody even noticed! and once to work...my boss noticed...embarassing...but we just laughed over it

the whole closing thing really is horrible. noone is talking to me except to say "everythings fine!" but it isn't...i keep finding out stuff that is happeneing

i am so stressed about not seing the papers ahead of time in a way i can go over them wih my daughter. i'm in nh. shes in CA. and the last i heard none of the impt papers will be ready ahead of time. so that means me with my lyme and brain injured brain readin stuff---lots of stuff---with everyone watching and waiting for me to decide yes or no. i'm just afraid they are goingto back me into a corner like last time and i was the good guy and ended up with a house with no heat in northern nh.

iturned off my phonw a whhile ago and i am going to try to relax and get god sleep so my brain will be working as good as possible...but bottom line i think i'm just gonna pray i make te right decions---see...i can't even spell after all the stuff my brain has done today

i guess i save money if it goes thru fri and i lose big time if it doesn't---the rates have gone up and stuff.

oh well. whaever will be will be.

so are you getting dumped on up there kgg? all rain here...may get flooded out tho.

it makes me feel better i'm not the only one who doesn't get dressed everyday...i've learned a few shortcuts about that this year. i don't wver remember brushing tteth, showering and dresing being such a problem. i had to switch to wearing bathing suit tops instead of bras cuz i can't get em on with these hands(sorry if that is too mych info)

anyway...enjoy the snow!!! be safe. take care. have fun! if i disappear for awhile you will know i bought the house and i am in the process of moving.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Karen...glad you were able to do a bit around the house...good planning on the meds

What kind of gluten free bread did you make? I still have yet to find some I like..but haven't tried baking some...

MM..lemon walnut scones..yum and clean clothes...nice..all take multi movement and multi tasking...it is a work out at times

Kayak..I hate that part of lyme disease...not having the clarity and the ability to take in more than one thing at a time and figure things out...

..I never thought of asking to be able to take the papers home over night and then read them...even when I was well..but I don't see why you can't do that...

..and you could fax them to your daughter or scan them...

..but ah las it has been years since I have purchased a home..

..Oh...I just read the next line...forgot about catching the rates when they are at the lowest..which is tricky..

..Take care of you kayak..

Wed evening....10 min loop in the forest with rest half way.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

DId one hour in the pool today. felt better about it. More energy today. but up with insomnia at this point 2am...ugh.

everyone have a great day tomorrow!!

kgg
Member # 5867

I have managed to do more today. I did four loads of laundry, which includes stair climbing. Vacuumed the lower level. And made a beef stew for dinner. I still have to take my MIL to an appointment but otherwise I am done for the day.

Recliner! Here I come.

Sure hope KAM is feeling better to enjoy her birthday! [kiss]

merrygirl
Member # 12041

happy bithday KAM!!!!! hugs to you!

lpkayak- I pray everything goes smoothly. you sound majorly stressed out. I really hope all goes well.

kgg- wow you got a lot done. I hate doing laundry

I am a blob today. havent done a thing. but my shoulders feel gret after getting trigger point injections on tuesday! Fantastic relief. I didnt sleep well last night or nap well today. not sure what the problem is. I started tumeric, thats all that is different. anxiously awaiting my igenex results!

kgg
Member # 5867

Well, Merrygirl, I am the blob today. I tried to wash two days worth of dishes but only got the utensils and cups done. The rest of the pots and pans will have to wait.

Looks like it is going to be a recliner day for me!

merrygirl
Member # 12041

1 hour in the pool. pt increase my exercises by 50% more reps. I am pooped..
kam
Member # 3410

Kind of able to take in what you all have written...I caught the blob word... [Smile]

I was able to cruise around the block in my power chair this am to take Rosie out to toilet at sunrise.

Good to be out

Then took her to the dog park for a short stay. She loved it. I enjoyed hearing the birds in the trees but would have preferred being in the forest and on my feet for 5 min.

I recall when just getting to the dog park was a big treat for me. NOw it is old news...been there done that...on to other things now.

Also able to put some turkey meatballs in the crock pot...haven't tried these before...started out with small meatballs but as what ever is going on with the body when I try to stand or sit upright started happening...I started making very large meatballs just to get the job done.

The recipe calls for ground turkey of course, plus cranberries and shredded apple and shredded cheese???

I wondered if I had a handicap apartment if I would be able to be in the kitchen longer....I could sit in my power chair but the kitchen is so narrow not sure how that would help with doing household chores..I think not...I think the kitchen would need to be larger and the cabinets within reach from a power chair before it would help.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Ah yes, kam!! Boots and a red hat! Wooo HOOO!!

kgg.. You're going to LOVE the book!!! I plan to buy his second book SOON! It just came out.

http://www.threecupsoftea.com/purchase-three-cups-of-tea/

To all the blobs... Take care and get some rest!! You know who you are!! [lol]

I walked 34 laps instead of 38=mile. Sciatica is still iffy. Woke up again last night in pain...but it was much better today, thankfully. I'm so tired of that!

kayak... yes, fax questionable stuff to your daughter...hope you have time to do that!

I'm off to the big city for a jazz concert! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Wow. enjoy the concert TuTu.

I was thinking that Robin needs to add the blob factor into the Chicken story.

the brain hasn't been well enough to take in what she has written lately but I see she has been at it again. Fun.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy belated B-day Kam!!!

Me and Rocky walked two more times this week about 1 mile each time. My knee is swelling again and am kinda limping a little.

Went to the doc Thursday and my back is on the mend. Don't have to go back unless I have problems in PT.

Loved reading all the posts!

Oh, BTW, the IRS was no help what-so-ever and ended up taking my taxes to a CPA. So am having to pay twice this year to have my taxes done! [Frown]

Kam, would like to have that turkey meatball recipe if you have one.

Merry, your poor doggies!

Kayak, I've had lots of problems with my S.I. joints. When I lived in Alaska I flew down here to the south to have special P.T. just for those joints. Hope you have success with your P.T.

Hey, who made the lemon scones?

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

no closing cuz of storm. i only lost power for 6 hrs but title company and underwriters are still out i guess...if it doesn't happen by wed i may pull out cuz thenmy rate changes.

this storm is bad-its the 3rd day with 2 more to go and then 2 more storms next week.

i don't know---maybe my angels don't want me to buy this house. i'm just goin with the flow now...can't fight mother nature.

i did walk all the way around the block today. it was so wierd-the ice and puddles hae been too big for weks for me to walk around the block. then we get 5 inches of rain and slush in 12 hours...and it all drains away???

it was good to walk-i'ven been haveing so many chest pains i'm scheduled for a stress echo---but i mostly get them wehn i lie down in bed at night--none when i xercise. it felt really good to walk for more than a few minutes

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

sorry bout the typos...i think i'm up to needing 7 surgeries now...i really do have to get these hand fixed

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

kayak..i now think typo's are the norm and don't even notice them anymore.

this comes from someone who use to make a living by editing lesson plans at a nuclear facility!

I guess typo's were a little bit more important there. HA!

Glad you were able to get out and walk...

u too akw and thanks for the birthday wishes.

Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is the first time I have read this post...it was interesting (:

also, not that I am glad but its good to see that others are having the same feelings as I do (meaning Im not the only one) as so often we feel like we are alone in this. Im not complaining, as I do now sometimes have ok even close to good days but when the bad days creep in feelings start rolling back in.

I was just sitting here eariler today wishing I didnt feel like not getting dressed.

I have to weight is something worth the effort..grocery...bank etc and ususally it isnt.

I have a dear friend who has free concert tickets tonight to a local church concert and she wanted me to go.

Honestly, with my head hurting, diarhea starting back, stomach ache, ears ringing OFF THE HOOK, and fatigue I have to tell her AGAIN how sorry I am that I am not able to go---its just takes too much energy to shower, get ready and even try to figure out what to wear and get dressed. (I started back flagyl and nystatin yesterday) so I figure im in for another week of crap.

Like I said, Im not trying to complain, as I know there are others so much worse off than me, its just now I know Im not the only one that doesnt get dressed ALL day, and can often not get enough energy to do a load of clothes.

Spring is coming and I am setting my sights on feeling better....I LOVE the outdoors and want to be able to get out and walk, hike and have at least part of my "old" life back.

Take care all, hope you're ALL having a good day and my God be with you.

Lots of love,

Karen (:

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Welcome, Karen Mc! Yup, we commiserate when we can't and cheer when we function better. It helps to keep our sanity.

I am sorry about your not being able to get to the church concert. But totally understand not being able to go. Hang in there this week with the Flagyl and the Nystatin!

LP, no worries about typos. Boy that storm really hit your area. We got the wind but not much precipitation.

Aklnwlf, your knee now? That is not fun. And definitely not fun paying for tax preparation twice! Sorry that happened.

Today, I did more of the dishes that did not get done the yesterday. I pulled a stool up to the sink and that helped a little but not great. The only other thing I accomplished was a grocery trip with my husband. Otherwise it has been just me and my recliner. This has been the longest stretch I have had in a long while. And I am not liking it!

Have a good evening, every one!

kam
Member # 3410

Having food in the house and clean dishes are good. Glad you were able to do that.

I cooked a GF pancake this morning via my power chair.

it worked this time. But, like you...sometimes it helps to be sitting while trying to work in the kitchen and other times it does not.

I think dishes are more difficult...more multi movement and multi tasking going on.

Sat evening...had a good outing. Went to what is called the first creek crossing. I have to be a bit stronger on the legs with that one as it is not level ground.

Est 15 min on my feet with some sit down time here and there.

Enjoyed the creek having more water in it, the sun on the water, the sound of the creek flowing over the rocks and the wind in my face at one spot we stopped.

Went there to see Rosie do her happy dance in the sandy area. But, she waited until after she got a bit wet in the creek to do her happy dance.

She was walking along the edge of the water and she did not see that the ground dipped down in one part.

After she got out and shook herself off she did her happy dance.

Also able to get gas in the car. Took a back road to the gas station . Pretty drive.

Pretty much got gas like a normal person. Even able to clean out the car a bit.

Resting now and then will see about dinner.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

karen-sometimes i say it and sometimes i justthink it but knowing i am not alone i one of the best things about this thread

kgg-i was soooooo lucky. the wind ws scarey-it knocked down the weather station so they don't even know how bad itwas. but the rain must have melted snow that was blocking water cuz the puddles are gone and i can finally walk. today i went out twice! once for 1/2 hr and once for an hr. kris was in heaven.

my weight has stopped going up just by walking a few days in a row.

i got a depressing email from the mortgage guy tho. the underwriters didn't get the papers back to him friday so i don't think we're gonna close monday...on the other hand i don't owe any money on my taxes...so yea!!!!!

i'm packing to day too...so walking and packing is good exercise right?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad you're with us, Karen!!

kayak.. hope it all turns out OK! Glad you got a little walking in.

I'm doing much of nothing today. Did get out to the grocery store today. Tired tonight.

have a good night's sleep, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest this am with a rest half way.

Snowing out

Had planned on going out in power chair this am as just getting dressed exhausted me.

but, forgot to charge power chairs last night and it was snowing.

Liked being on the forest trail this am but not so sure it was wise health wise....so exhausted and hurting.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i had togo out to sign my taxes and got groceries on th way back and then walked the dog with a friend. now i'm ready for a comfy movie or book...hope i walk again befoe it gets dark.

pray to the closing gods for me...

--------------------

merrygirl
Member # 12041

not doing anything today. HAd accupuncture yesterday and it made my pain level a 2 from a 7!

definitely worth it.

karen welcome to the group.

a little sore this pm.

hope you all had a wonderful day.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Welcome to KarenMc!

Kayak-Hope you feel better soon.

Kam-Loved to hear about Rosie's happy dance!

TuTu-How was the concert?

Karen-I need to join you this evening. I'm kicking back in my recliner too!

Merrygirl-Had a great day!

Saturday-Me and Rocky one mile.

Today-Cleaned inside of car, burned 3 leaf piles, did a little grocery shopping. That's it. And now that the hubs is out for the count can turn the channel and watch something else besides hunting shows! [Big Grin]

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement