LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Can anyone help with Chinese translation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can anyone help with Chinese translation?
Andromeda13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been reading a Chinese site about Lyme and although it's all been translated automatically by google, it doesn't make sense.

Just wondered if anyone here would be able to look at a few sentences of the Chinese script and tell me what it really means.

Many thanks,

Best wishes,
Andromeda

Posts: 180 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Sorry, I cannot. If you get no responses here, you might contact the closest university to you and ask if someone there can help you. There may also be a school of Oriental Medicine or Acupuncture near you that you could contact and they could better interpret concepts as well as words.

There was no word for lyme - no such illness in China until very recently (or they did not know that is what it might have been).

However the article below explains how they treated similar conditions for centuries. There may be some similar language on that website you're looking at. Gu Syndrome is a very distinct concept in China.

I was treated by a N.D. with this method. Unfortunately, he failed to adequately respect the nature of the spirochete, thinking that lyme was not really that unique. Still, this work is very important in many regards. You may see this mirrored at that website.

--------------

http://www.classicalchinesemedicine.org/clinicalinfo/downloads/fruehauf_gufinal.pdf

GU SYNDROME: A Forgotten Clinical Approach to Chronic Parasitism

- by Heiner Freuhauf, Ph.D., L.Ac.

=========================

Below is a site by a doctor who was trained in China - then in the U.S. - he has taken great care to study the spirochete and has taken Chinese Medicine a step farther regarding understanding the unique nature of lyme:

http://tinyurl.com/5drx94

Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine - by Dr. QingCai Zhang, MD & Yale Zhang

web site: try www.sinomedresearch.org and use "clinic" and then "clinic" for the passwords or call Hepapro through www.hepapro.com
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone I could ask. Can you pm me with the site info? thx -

Also, re China, we have a report that there's a sign in a park in Inner Mongolia saying Beware of Ticks.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromeda13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much Keebler.

Here below is some of the info from that web site: very interesting and useful.

Best wishes,
Andromeda

Spirochete Diseases in China and Modern Chinese Medicine

The first LD cases in China were reported in 1986, and now LD has been reported in more than 18 provinces. There is no record of this disease in the literature of TCM, but effective TCM treatments exist for five other known spirochetal diseases: syphilis, yaws, relapsing fever, rat-bite-fever, and leptospirosis.

The treatments that have been developed for these spirochetal infections can be borrowed to treat LD. Over the last forty years, Chinese medical scientists have sought to integrate TCM with modern western medicine by comparing the pharmacological effects of the TCM remedies with the physiological actions of western medicine. This integration of TCM and western medicine created a new medicine -- modern Chinese Medicine (MCM).

Based on western medicine's understanding of the etiology and pathology of these diseases, certain MCM herbal remedies, which have anti-spirochetal and anti-inflammatory effects, have been studied to treat these diseases.

Anti-spirochetal Chinese herbs have been successfully used for treating syphilis and leptospirosis in China. Syphilis was a severe illness and affected millions in China. As a result, many effective TCM herbal therapies were developed for treating this disease.

Smilax glabrae Rhizoma (SG), as a major ingredient of the herbal formulas, is used to treat syphilis and achieves a greater than 90 percent sero-convert rate back to negative. Even for the late stages of syphilis, the cure rate is above 50 percent.

Leptospirosis is transmitted through contaminated water in the rice paddies in China. In poor rural areas, barefoot farmers work in the rice fields and epidemics of this spirochete disease affected millions of farmers in China. Smilax glabrae Rhizoma has been studied as a preventive treatment for leptospirosis. Out of 2,000 people tested, the incidence rate of a pre-treated group compared with a control group was 1:5.58 -- a statistically significant result, demonstrating that taking SG can successfully prevent leptospirosis.

In recent years, the active ingredients listed below have been identified, and gone through both animal studies and human clinical trials. They were tested and found to kill the spirochetes in leptospirosis, and have been used clinically to treat leptospirosis in China: Allicin, an active ingredient of garlic; Decanoylacetaldehyde, an active ingredient of Houttuyniae Herba (HH); Coptin, an active ingredient of Coptis chinensis Radix, Smilax glabrae Rhizoma, and Scutellariae Radix, etc.

Posts: 180 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Andromeda13 ,

Thanks for posting that as I was curious as to what might be written about lyme for a site from China. I recognized it and searched the title so that I can see who wrote it. It was one of the authors I posted above. Good to see that.

Here's the link to that article on the author's US website:

http://www.sinomedresearch.org/ld/treatment/SpiroMCM.htm

From: Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine - by Dr. QingCai Zhang, MD & Yale Zhang

Home page: http://www.sinomedresearch.org
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromeda13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8314

Hi Pinelady,
Thanks for the info.

This is what the yahoo site babelfish came up with, and the second one was worse, so it will probably take someone with knowledge of Chinese to make sense of it. It's quite funny really!

e sensitive anti-sparse helicoid immune body initially sieves the experiment. *Adaptation card: Chronic walks randomly the red spot, the skin benign Lymphatic tissue to increase falls ill, the lymphocyte meninx rhizitis, the carditis, arthritis, the chronic atrophy acrodermatitis and nerve sparse spirochetosis. *Blood serum outset degree of dilution: 1:10(IgM),1:100(IgG).

Best wishes,
Andromeda

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this one: chronic walks randomly the red spot [lol]
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyflyer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyflyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend who is Chinese/Filipino, I'll ask him to translate it.

--------------------
Jennifer

Posts: 266 | From Ocean County, NJ | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I think that site has an English language twin. There may be no translation necessary if it's from the Sinomedresearch site link I posted above.

However, if that is just an excerpt from a much larger site, that is different.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement