LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » VALCYLE Is helping with my brain fog

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VALCYLE Is helping with my brain fog
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i was reading stuff on the net, and i read that if you have viruses it can give you brain fog, and there was a study that says if you use valcyte, it helps with the brain fog for hhv6,

well i have a lot of valcyte in my cabinet. never used them,,cause im afraid of this drug.

i will not be taking this drug every day.......once a week...maybe.

i decided to take one i took one this afternoon i notice a little relief, earlier tonite i took another one, and as im typing this, my brain fog is lifting,

my vision is clearing, before i go to bed, even
thou its after 2am, i will be taking another one.
i will bring this to the dr's attention...sometime at the end of march, i will

see him, because i have to pay taxes, and i have to have it all paid up before the 15th of april. so

i will see him end of march, or end of april. because i have one more payment to gave IRS, and i am not on a planned with the irs.

What is the most important information I should know about Valcyte?
Return to top

Valcyte can affect your blood cells and bone marrow, which may cause serious and life-threatening problems.

Valcyte can lower the amount of your white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. Your doctor may do regular blood tests to check your blood cells while you are taking Valcyte. Based on these tests, the doctor may change your dose or tell you to stop taking this drug.

[ 02-27-2010, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: street129 ]

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Quotes: " . . . well i have a lot of valcyte in my cabinet. never used them,,cause im afraid of this drug.

i will not be taking this drug every day.......once a week...maybe. . . ." end quote

--------------

Please do not take Valcyte without your LLPA's knowledge. You had a lot of this just sitting around? Obviously, this was prescribed for the HHV-6, etc. but you are now under the care of a LLPA.

If you take this, you are no longer following the LLPA's plan for you and you need to then just scrap that doctor. I wonder how far you got before - just treating yourself . . . one pill once a week, maybe?

It's really a dangerous plan. Yes, Valcylte has its benefits but it needs to be treated with respect as part of a carefully orchestrated plan.

If you don't find a plan and stick to it for at least long enough to give it a chance, you will never get well. But, if you continue to do this and that on your own, off the plan, then it's only fair not to see medical care. No doctor should be put in that position and it would be an impossible task to sort it all out.

You said you have another doctor (your GP, I assume) and you'll be bring to his attention the end of the month your sporadic use of Valcyte. Well, were I to be him, I'd drop your case like a hot potato.

Sporadic use of this drug is not a good idea. Follow the doctor's orders - whichever doctor prescribed this drug - or drop yourself from their caseload.

If you need supplements to minimize side-effects, that may be understandable. If you need dose adjustment, ask the prescribing doctor. But, please, these drugs are not just meant to take here and there at whim.

I do hope your GP can clarify this for you but it seems part of a pattern here of not being able to stick to any one plan for more than five minutes. You will never get well with that kind of pattern.

Now, we can all understand the uncertainly and challenges. But sticking to a plan is really important.

BTW, many have seen improvement with valcyte - taken as directed, or adjusted according to their doctors.
-

[ 02-28-2010, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neurolog ist got tired of me complaining about my cognitive problems and he gave me a trial of NAMENDA
It is an alzheimers drug
I noticed a drramatic improvement at the lowest dose after three days/doses
I have really good insurance so the cost isn't a problem
It is worth it to get a big part of my brain back
and
it isn't supposed to have a high rate of adverse side effects
the only thing I noticed, was for the first few weeks I wanted sex every day.
I didn't get it, but being on an antidepressant really puts the fire out of one's desire so just having desire was great.

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement