LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme death
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was visiting a neighbor friend today. She's a

65 yr. old lady who gets lonely since she lives by herself,

My family goes down and help her out around the yard. Anyway, we were having a chat about Lyme
and she informed me that her sister battled lyme for 10 years, on meds. all those years with little success.

It was very discouraging to listen to her tell me this story, and then the outcome was a heart attack that led to her death caused by lyme.

I so wish for a wonder pill. I want this disease to just go away! I thought I was always a good person, I never maliciously hurt anyone, I'm a
recovering catholic, I go out of my way to help other people and ask for nothing in return but a smile on there face. I would give my last penny to someone if I knew it would help them.

I keep thinking to myself, WHAT DID I DO WRONG!!
I'm not evil, why do I have to go through this????
Thanks for listening to me

Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've often wondered the same thing! I don't understand why bad thing happen to good people. Life just isn't fair...

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abigail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, some people believe in reincarnation. Some others believe that suffering by good people makes up for some of the bad done by unrepentent sinners who would never be able to see the light unless helped.

--------------------
Dying is easy. Living is harder.

Posts: 257 | From owensboro kentucky | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too. some days i just sit andwonder "why me, how can i do this, how much longer have i got, why can't they find a cure?"

the questions just keep coming.

unfortunately no one answers.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it seems like just when you think you can't take the pain anymore, because the saying goes: God
doesn't give more than you can handle, I will get a day or two of less pain and believe me those two days makes me see beyond the disease and want to live again and fight the fight. Then the pain comes back, HO-HUM want to throw in the towel. I don't, I just keep waiting for the next
break from the pain.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The range of emotions and thoughts that go with this is mind boggling.

Fortunately, I have heard more good stories about people recovering from this and than not.

All said it took a long time but they made it.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

I am going to be one of those that recover, but now and then
I think a good I feel sorry for me is ok as long as I pull my staps up and move forward again.

--------------------

joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think an occasional pity party is good because it lets us see we are not alone. We're right here with you. [kiss]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did nothing wrong... forget about that kind of thinking.

There is a book titled "When Bad Things Happen to Good People"... maybe you'd like it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never asked "why me?"

Instead I thought of how I've been blessed by this.

Yes, blessed.

After diagnosis (for which I will always be grateful for)

I helped my neighbor get tested and diagnosed.

Then I recognized the symptoms in my husband and then two young children.

Lyme and company have taught me the value of "good health" and "good" days.

It has brought me closer to God and myself.

It has strengthened my resolve and ability to deal with adversity.

I choose to feel blessed by this disease.

Who knows? It may one day be the culprit that brings me from this world to the next.

However, it has taught me how to truly live and love and share.

The bad days are always really bad.

I still have them every once in a while.

However, I choose to look at the bad days as a measure against the good.

I've met the most incredible people here.

People who have shared their love, laughter and undying support with me.

How many times in life are you offered unconditional love?

Even at my worst, my friends here have been a light in the dark.

I should add that my Lyme came on after I lost my home to Hurricane Katrina.

Not one life changing event, but two.

Yet I choose to believe that all the hardships I have endured,

And yet to endure are trials that each can teach me something new and wonderful.

Trust me when I say that when awful things happen,

I wasn't the first one in the row with my hand up screaming "pick me!".

Yet, I've been chosen to take this as well as other hardships,

And find the blessings or opportunities in each one.

I hope you all find some peace within yourself.

Never give up on Hope.

Never give up.

Things can and do get better.

Prayers of hope and healing to all of you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm w/ Geneal. How can I complain...my dental hygienist's 12 yr old son has an aggressive bone cancer, they found it when it already metastesised in his lungs.

That and others suffering (yes, here too) keep me from getting caught up with the why me?

If God allowed His Son to suffer why not me?

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Geneal, will you run for president??

I would like to make a "bat signal" out of your last post and read it in the sky every night.

I must concur that there have been some positives coming out of the great suffering and loss from this disease.

Has this good outweighed the bad? From my perspective, no. But I know that there are other perspectives at work here, not just my own.

Others have been diagnosed with LD b/c of my diagnosis -- a few friends and my own children. Many others now know not to accept a couple of weeks of abx after a tick bite.

I guess what I really want to say is that it is so easy for us to fall into victim mode- - "why me". And it's so hard to fight it when all our energy is being used for things like sitting up, or standing.

But there is something beyond our immediate pain and suffering. There is a bigger picture.

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't sit around and say "why me"! But I do get down at times, yet I never give up. There is something in me that just keeps wanting to survive.

This is a very awful, bizarre illness and sometimes I wonder why I don't die, because I feel that bad sometimes.

But anyway, I just keep telling myself that "suffering is not meaningless".

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

ok, ok, I don't like feeling sorry for myself.

I don't like feeling like Eeyore any more! I want to be Tigger. Do you think there were any ticks in the 100 acre woods?

--------------------

julielynne4
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I bet the 100-acre wood was so full of tick-infested deer, that is why Eeyore was so depressed, he had bartonella.

Yes, Tigger might be a "glass-is-half-full" kind of guy, but his lyme-induced ADHD was enough to make your head spin.

And Rabbit's irritablility and Piglet's anxiety were likely from lyme and bart.

That owl probably had ticks dropping off him as he flew over the woods, spreading the disease throughout, all the way to poor Christopher Robin's house...

how sad. [Smile] just kidding

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

too funny, LOL

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gumby and Pokey came to mind during one phase of this condition.

AT one time, I wanted to get some cartoon characters and put out which one I was feeling like that day.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

I think Poo had brain fog.

--------------------

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julielynne4 .... [Big Grin]
Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

TOO funny guys ... I want to type more---maybe later my minds not into it now and son is waiting for computer to do his homework--yeah but I just had
to add......

I must be Pooh [spinning smile] [spinning smile]

Karen

and as far as lyme goes......oh bother

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember my mom telling me about a nurse friend of hers who had breast cancer, 3 times, that she never asked herself, "why me?"

Instead she asked, "why not me?"

It's not wrong or bad or disgraceful to ask, "why me?" sometimes. But it sure is a lot more hopeful and productive to be thankful for our daily blessings (we can all find at least one!) and look for ways to help the next guy going thru this.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement