LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What Can You Do Today? 3/22-3/28

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What Can You Do Today? 3/22-3/28
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a blessing weather-wise last week was! We saw temperatures in the high 50's low 60's! Very rare where I live. This week is supposed to be more average with snow and rain.

Now that I have the weather forecast out of the way, what will this week bring? My kitchen will be put back together finally. So at some point I will be loading up my cabinets and finally finish unpacking the last of my moving boxes that have my cookbooks in them.

Unfortunately, there is a strong chemical smell from the cabinets even as hard as I tried to get MCS friendly ones. So in spite of the weather, my window will be open. I may have to seal them at some point. If I can find the sealer....

Meanwhile, I hope to get up to the mail daily. I have not been able to do that consistently in the last few weeks. I also want to start some arm exercises with weights as gardening is coming very soon.

What can you do today?

Best,
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear from you Karen. Sure hope the toxic smell of the cabinets goes away soon.

Not sure what the weather report is for here. I will check later.

Just know I still need my down coat and gloves when I go out first thing in the morning to toilet Rosie.

Able to go to the grocery store today via the tram and power chair.

A few times when I needed to lift the basket on my lap and stand up to get something..so had the up and down thing going on ..not an easy task when the body is weak...exhausting.

Felt sick coming home in the tram...sometimes it is difficult to know whether to just head home in the power chair or wait for the tram.

I have thrown up on both occasions when I got home. But, that is the exception now instead of the rule thankfully.

Actually enjoyed being well enough today to go to the other grocery store in town.

Hoping my health will improve enough I can alternate between stores as each have things that the other does not have that I like.

The staff at the new store is getting pretty good at helping out too.

They called the tram this am without me having to ask. They also packed my frig stuff in the special bag I have without me having to ask.

That way when I get home, I put the frig stuff away and wait until I am doing better to put the pantry stuff away.

Started trying different frozen fish and frozen vegies lately.

works well when I have what it takes to get it in the oven and bake it or boil the water for the vegie pouches.

I think it is the jolly green giant brand that has some great combo pouches you can put in the microwave or boil water and drop in.

Can't always do this, but when I am able it turns out to be an easy and delicious meal...fish and vegies.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmurfyMom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmurfyMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took a shower and my heartrate went up around 140. Pathetic.

Having heart issues more than fatigue today, so going to revival tonight, then stopping by the store to pick up a blood pressure cuff (old one busted).

Posts: 155 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only did ironing today...took up most of the day.

I haven't had very much pain the last couple of days...having more obsessive thinking and lyme rage instead...it's something new.Very scary.

I knew the pain and understood the pain...These new symptoms I don't.

It was only 40 degrees today after being in the high 60s but weather man said after today we would be in the 70s the rest of the week.

Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good you are listening to your body or in this case heart Smurfy Mom.

Went out to the nearby trail head. it is like a parking lot there this afternoon. Even cars parked on the access road but I was able to get around them.

I drove on the dirt road while Rosie ran in the forest.

Good to be out.

Saw people in shorts and halter tops on the way back.

Spring has sprung here it looks like.

Also saw daffodils.

Hoping to be able to take a shower and put clean scrubs on tonight.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi kam, got a vision of Rosie runny. It sounds like the both of you enjoyed the forest today.

Diane

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a rainy weekend so no flea market for us.

Also I've come down with quite a cold.

Today me and Rocky walked a little over a mile.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg...thanks for beginning the thread! Hope you can get your kitchen all settled and aired out!!

Smurfy.. I was having tachycardia today... it's settled down now. I went ahead and walked my mile.. but slower.

kam... still cold there.. should be warmer soon! We had snow yesterday and today was sunny and 60 .. go figure!

MDW.. ironing??? ICK! I iron about 20 things a year! Maybe you're raging about having to iron?? just kidding.. hope this stage passes quickly for you... likely a herx.

AK.. sorry to hear about the cold.. my husband has one too .. hope I'm not next!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to my friend's yesterday and she took me to a place the kids call quartz mountain.

Walked about a mile in the rain, mostly uphill. At one point, my legs started to feel like rubber so I had to take a little rest.

Found a very pretty citrine quartz crystal so it was all worth having rubber legs and getting drenched.

Lymetoo, *fingers crossed* that you don't catch husband's cold.

Kam, I've been seeing a lot of shorts here too. My girls keep asking if they can wear them to school but I think it's too early. Mornings are cold!

Feel better, aklnwlf.

MDW005, I'm hoping those scary thoughts will pass for you very soon.

SmurfyMom, hoping you feel better as well.

Kgg, I'm so excited for gardening I can't even stand it! Better start conditioning and doing some stretches now though. Last year I really hurt my neck and upper back while weeding and couldn't do anything for quite a while.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. It's SOOO dark and dreary and rainy here today.

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Topaz, you walk to quartz mtn sounds like fun...even in the rain. Glad you found a piece.

Looks a little like rain here this morning too.

TuTu...glad you were able to walk the mile and had the sense to slow down

AKW..glad you were able to walk the mile with Rocky too

Diane...I still have trouble with the different moods that come up with this. The fear, low self esteem, an empty filling in my gut, the inpatients with people...a good movie helps me

Did someone mention ironing?? Can't imagine doing that.

Water therapy this morning. Time to go now. Really weak this am, but at least I will be able to make it.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love gemstones and rocks, Topaz! Do you like them too and that is why you chose the name "topaz?"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Topaz... I have books on the healing with gems.
very interesting info. I used to get into all that kind of stuff years ago.

Kam... Sure hope you are eating before and after water therapy, keep your strength up.

Today I moved some furniture around on the deck
so it would be out of the way for the house painters. They will have to move the heavy stuff.
Looking forward to my long needed house to be painted. Hopefully it will be finished by end of the week.

There is never a dull moment around here.

--------------------

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No walking to the mail for me. I have the same weather Topaz is having. Just nasty. The rain is coming down at a 45 degree angle and it is 38 degrees out. YUCK. But I did run numerous errands. I really would like to take a nap but I have to go to the big city tonight. If I nap now, I won't be able to go later. Never feel better after a nap.

Diane, hope you are able to figure out these new symptoms. The rage really upsets me, when I have it. I can't imagine ironing with the pain you typically have. I take every thing out of the dryer as soon as it stops. I iron more in the summer because I have some linen clothes. Otherwise forget it! Hope you feel better soon.

Aklnwlf, my dad had a cold recently that lasted about 3 weeks. He ended up on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. So keep an eye on your symptoms. And feel better soon!

KAM, hope the water therapy went well for you.

Be careful, Lymetoo!

Best,
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Kgg... thats the strange thing... no pain for the last couple days? thats why I have been able to push myself ironing and other pysical activities longer. weird huh?

--------------------

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, I've always loved stones, bones, minerals...any sort of "treasure". Topaz is my birthstone. [Smile]

Honestly, I've got suitcases full of rocks! One is a huge Herkimer quartz crystal I dug out of some cliffs along the Hudson river. They're not usually found outside of Herkimer, NY, but I managed to find a collectors piece, along with a suitcase full of smaller ones surrounding it in a clay cave about 2 feet deep, 1 foot tall, and 1 1/2 feet wide. I was just SCOOPING them out. One of the most exciting things I've ever done. For real.

The rock shop guy I brought the large one to said it would be worth hundreds of dollars to collectors. I will never give it up!

I've also got native american arrowheads, native american grinding tools, suitcases full of flint partially worked, and of course interesting bones that I find...that sort of thing.

Kgg, I can't remember the last time I ironed. I do the same as you. Clothes come out and are folded immediately.

MDW005, enjoy those pain free days!

Kam, last night I watched "Seven Pounds" on Netflix. It made me laugh and cry. Have you ever seen it?

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job everyone!

I did an hour in the pool. It was colder than usual. I wish it was warmer in the pool. SOme of the exercises did hurt my neck so we went easy on those.

Take care guys,\\

melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well today will be my first time to the Y this week. My lower back problems are very puzzling to me. I'm hurting.

This has been going on for over two months. It's either lower back throbbing, or tailbone pain or right hip pain. Is it lyme acting up since I started rifampin for bart or is it bart in lower back that was living in peace before rifampin?

I'm going to Y today and take it easy doing anything that uses the back area.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Map... I had a thought(scary) My neighbor was complaning about her back and muscles being in so much pain that she could not eveen stand to touch her skin. two weeks she suffered.

Well she went to the dr. and they told her she was lacking Vitamine D. They gave her a rx. 50,000 units of D She doesnt hurt now.

Diane

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl58qufXfYk&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-2-HM

No Arms No Legs. Nick

Haven't been able to watch this video yet but I will be back to watch it.

Just watched another one on Nick but wasn't able to post that one here.

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no Y class today. I had an appt with my cranal-sacral therapists first. I couldn't even stand up straight because of my back/hip pain.

She worked on me for an hour and got me moving better but I asked her about going to my Y class today? Why waste money and time and turn around and do harm or undo her work?

She told me to wait until Thurs for Y pool exercise.

Diane, thanks for the Vit D info. I started back on Vit D 5000 i.u. daily about 2 mths ago. I'd forgotten how much I needed it during the winter months. Blood tests say I'm not D def, but what do they know? lol

Someone had posted on lymenet info that said we could need much higher doses. The formula they used said my weight as much as 13,000 iu a day????

So maybe Thurs I can take my warm water pool dip and light exercises? Please!

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

My neighbor takes the 1 vit. D once a week.

My boys had early release today, so we went bowling and a nature walk afterwards.

Halfway through the walk my head started burning again. I truly enjoyed my up days.

diane

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to walk into small store and get eggs and into WG for one errand.

Drove Rosie out to dirt road in forest... I drove she ran along side.

Hoping to be on my feet on the trail soon...keep waiting.

MDW005
Member # 22706

I am hoping for you Kam.
Remember the wizard in Santas coming to town?

"Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you will be walking out the door(wizard is in the forest singing this song.)

Just random thinking.
Diane

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

Okay, got a Y water class in today. My back/hip feel so much better just getting in the warm water and doing some stretching and light exercises.

Thank goodness!

Pam

--------------------

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did 1 hour in the pool. I asked to increase my reps from 15 to 20. seemed to go ok. we will see how I am tonight.I started at 10

I am officially on a diet. I am surely going to starve! I am so hungry.

I have to drink shakes in place of 2 meals. this is expensive medical food for diabetes.

So we will see if it works. I hope I can do it.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Up to the mail and once around the field with the dogs. I am coming down with a virus that is going around town. Not thrilled. So I will be laying low the rest of the day.
kam
Member # 3410

Glad you were able to get to the mail box and walk once around the field with the dogs Karen.

Sure hope the virus goes away quickly and you barely notice it.

Merrygirl..you water therapy sessions sounds like it went well.

Hope the food intake works out ok for you too.

pam..wow..good to hear you were able to get in the warm pool too.

Diane..LOL..

Woke with almost a clear head this am. Knew being on my feet was out. But, thought i might be able to make it to the dog park via the power chair.

That lasted about a block and then the fogginess in the brain and the fatigue got to be too much...had to turn around and come back home.

But, during that moment of clarity I recalled that being in the reclining power chair with leg lifts is not a new thing for me..I go through these cycles...

when I am doing better, i will graduate to the upright power chair that goes a bit faster.

Then, I will graduate to being able to be on my feet on a trail head.

I was able to take Rosie to the groomers this morning to have her ears cleaned out and her nails clipped.

I have had her since 2005. I am just now doing well enough to keep up with her maintenance...and her nails are almost getting as short as I would like them.

The groomer said she got a lot of gunk out of her ears again.

Hopefully, we can keep on top of the hair in the ears and the gunk so she doesn't have to be put under and the vet clean things out like last time.

And no infections.

So, being able to take care of Rosie is a positive thing. Able to get her food via the power chair this week also from the feed store.

I think it was a bigger bag too so should last longer this time.

Didn't drop it while I had it on my lap on the way home. This is good too.

Dropped the bag in the store once...broke the bag open...food every where. That was when I was on my feet.

I was trying to get the bag from the shelf to the shopping cart. Goofed up some where. Can't be on my feet and think too.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved reading how everyone's week has been going.

I'm still under the weather with this sinus/cold thing.

Walked a little over a mile with Rocky yesterday and today.

It's so nice here. Reminds me of an Alaska summer day, just gorgeous.

Outside of my walks have been staying on the couch. Have been really tired and run down feeling from my cold.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

It was one of those days...nothing.
 -
Diane

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

This morning I went and picked up a couple dogs for the weekend.

Dixi is a golden lab and very strong, she just about yanked my arm out of it's socket.

I'm feeling the pain now, but will be ok.

Today the painters are here, so i'm a little stuck in the house today with my six dogs.

I will try and go for a walk this evening after
everyone gets home from work.

I hope everyone had a good day.

Diane

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Need to veg but wanted to type things out before I forget.

Finally able to do several things I have patiently been waiting to do:

cleaned up two spots in frig, cleaned around patio door handle, cleaned one burner pan on stove, did on load of laundry and got lens put back in prescription sun glasses.

BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last doctor visit I really needed him to fill out my disability reevaluation form and he's bad ab out filling out forms.
I ended up threatening him with,.I won't leave your office until you fill it out
Then,
I promised him I would exercise 5 days a week.
I can't fail
I will need him to fill out forms in the future
He told me I should exercise in spite of how bad i feel

Today, I melted after the caffeine wore off
then
the "crankies"m the irritibility and musccle aches started coming on
I took my flexeril whch helps a lot
still
exercise is not what I want to be doing
I set my goal at 15 minutes
i'm at 11 so far
we'll see
i really just wanted to come home and curl up\

my husband thinks i would be better off walking with him outsdide
I just about bit his head off....he was too persistent
but he did give me a hug and sympathy in the end

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Me and Rocky just walked around our 4 acres today.

Driving 2 1/2 hours northeast of here for a Cherry Blossom Festival over the weekend.

Have to get up at 4 a.m.!!! So looks like an early night for me.

Will check in next week gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

map1131
Member # 2022

Got another Y water class in today. It's nice to have a hour of no pain. The warm water is my best friend. Very healing.

I had appt this morning for my yearly gyn/mam. After telling him about my lower back pain the last 2 mths and several months of other female related problems....

they do a urine test and I have a bad UTI. WTH!
How can you be on abx like rifampin for 2 1/2 mths and have UTI?

I hope my lower back problem is from this. Another abx added tomorrow. Ggggrrrrrrrrrr!

Pam

--------------------

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

I'm going to shovel some dog poop today!

I may also try out a new pilates dvd I picked up.

We shall see how it goes.

Happy Saturday to all.

kgg
Member # 5867

Pam, no wonder you were having low back pain! I hope you feel better soon!

Aklnwlf, a Cherry Blossom festival sounds wonderful! Hope you have a good time.

Bug Barb, I applaud your decision to exercise. Please be careful and not push too fast. Be gentle with yourself.

Go KAM! You did a lot. Kudos.

Diane, I hope the dogs don't wear you out. And I hope you are pleased with the painters efforts!

Topaz, I should do poop patrol but it will be a couple of more days before I get to it. I have never done pilates. It was big in Arizona when I was there.

Lymetoo, you OK?

Today, my husband and I went to the big city again... I was just there yesterday. So more walking around Walmart and Lowe's. Then home again to continue putting things away in the cabinets.

I also vacuumed my MIL' apartment. Did 4 loads of laundry and cleaned one bathroom. Tomorrow will be more of the same without a trip to the big city.

[hi]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yup.. I'm here! Forgot to check in!! I walked a little over a mile and did 4 min on a new machine they have! Hope to increase slowly.

Back to hibernating..... [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Got up, got dressed including putting on hiking boots...got in power chair and headed to entry way of apartments.

The plan was to park power chair and walk to car. but, I was too exhausted from getting dressed and getting out the door.

The hiking boot thing did me in.

So, headed out door in power chair to let Rosie pee.

Came back and took 2 excedrin and rested. Left boots on.

Tried it again and succeeded this time. Thankful the excedrin helps when the brain is doing what ever it does that stops me in my tracks.

est 1 hr outing. 10 min on feet. Drove around an area out of town i don't think I have been before.

Older homes with horses, etc.

Found new trail...kind of...I had been at the other end of the trail for a short ways.

But, able to drive on this dirt road and Rosie ran.

The trail ended up where I had begun before.

Lots of deep ruts in this trail. Thinking i need to go to the Walmart web site and charge that prepaid phone I saw a while back.

A couple of inches one way or the other and I would have been stuck in those ruts this am.

No turning around...just needed to keep going and hope for the best. Glad brain was working well enough.

So good to be out of the lyme cave.

But, do need to find some shoes that don't wear me out just putting them on. The hiking boots are heavy. But, it is more than that that wears me out.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement