LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 4/5-4/11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 4/5-4/11
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beautiful weekend we just had! We broke temperature records all of the state. It is very rare for Maine to have such wonderful spring time temperatures for Easter. Loved it.

What motivates you? I know it is quite a challenge when you feel so tired and in pain to get motivated. But we need not lose sight of our goal.

For me it has not been the goal of achieving a size 2 body. I have long given up on that fallacy. Lately, my focus is more of achieving a higher level of functioning and improved health.

Use it or lose it. I try to remember that as I battle this disease.

What can you do today?

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning. Thanks for starting the thread again.

After reading your post, I checked the weather report for my area.

We will have temps in the 60's this week with 30's at night.

Right now, I am in too much of a fog to figure out what motivates me.

But, it is a good question.

Wait a minute...news flash....what motivates me is the joy I feel when I am able to be out on a trail in the National Forest.

Short but much appreciated moments of feeling almost normal.

A big part of that is watching Rosie have fun off leash.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Able to unload dishwasher, put dirty dishes in, and put liner in trash can all at one time. Usually, I need to unload one shelf in DW, rest, unload another, rest, put silverware away, rest, etc.

Resting now as I am exhausted.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very difficult to motivate today...had to do it all weekend.

Not trying to whine, but I did too much and I hurt from feet up to my head.

The kids are out of school this week my daughter and her husband don't leave until Sat. to go back home and

my sweetheart is on vacation this week trying to put a new roof on the deck... but today at the opening day baseball game with a bunch of friends.

I just want to cry...I am so exhausted. I am so tired of pretending that I don't hurt and the more I pretend and keep going at this rate,
I honestly don't no when I am going to fall and not get back up.

Today I am attempting to rest LOL

Diane

PS... I also have 8 dogs this week that don't go home till Sat.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Diane...sounds like time to find a good family movie or two. [Smile]

I know how difficult it is to listen to our bodies when others are around and then over do it.

It is tricky.

Can't imagine managing 8 dogs. I do well with one. HA!

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from taking the family to the covered bridge for a couple of hours.

I sat and watched them play in the water, then we went to a fast food joint so I wouldn't have to cook.

I am DONE!!!! I told my family to relax for the rest of the evening... Play on the Wii...I was going to sit.
It has been in the 80s since Thursday last week and the heat sucks up my energy more.

Kam... I have 3 big dogs, 1 medium and 4 little dogs and they obey me, thats how I do it.
The pay is good and the dogs love meeeee.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Diane, the trip to the covered bridge and watching them play in the water sounds like fun.

Walked in the forest..5 min, rest, 5 min out...weak and exhausted but glad to be there.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW... what a handful!! I would love it myself!!

I walked a bit over a mile, but missed out on the new machine because others were using it. I could have waited longer, but my sciatica began to kick up .. so will try to add the machine on Wednesday!

It was beautiful weather in the 70's on Easter. It was gorgeous and we have about 3,000 daffodils and tulips on our church grounds.. most were blooming!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

TuTu...glad you were able to walk the mile.

Water therapy this am. Woke up at 5 am. Water therapy at 8 am. So, getting out the oil can( excedrin) so I can move about soon.

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, MDW, it is hard to not overdo. And the payback is really hard. Hope some rest will help.

I have walked to the mail yesterday and today. I am less out of breath when I get to the top of the road this week. Which is nice.

Things are popping up in the garden: garlic, asparagus and rhubarb. What I want to know is why the weeds come up before my perennials? I am going to be weeding later this morning. Plus more laundry. Seems like I am doing way more of that lately.

KAM, hope the water therapy went well for you.

I think it was Pam who mentioned the water being cold last week. That would give me a lot of pain. Not good.

Where is LPKayak lately?

Lymetoo, the flowers sound really pretty.

Have a good day every one!
Karen

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Water therapy went well. Even took a shower after wards and was not totally drained. Resting now and then will see what else I can do.

Glad to hear you are were able to walk to the mail box and were less out of breath. [Smile]

Saw tulips and one iris this am during my cruise around the block to toilet Rosie.

Hope we hear from Kayak soon.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Hi everyone,

Kam... so happy water therapy went well for you.
It's getting so hot here I might have to play in the water sprinkler.

Where is Kayak?

kgg... If I could make money from weeds I would be rich.

Lymetoo... bump them off your machine next time and defend yourself saying "Oh, so sorry I have lyme rage" lol I hope you get your machine on Wed. sounds like you enjoy it.

Today; for me, I'm planting a few more flowers in the front yard and I have my window boxes to fill. I am taking the day real slow(funny how the day still whips by)the heat makes my head hurt, so i am in and out today.

Diane

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Drained but glad I was able to do the 5 min walk in the forest, rest and then 5 min out.

The lighting at the time of the day we were there was wonderful.

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After being comatose and bedridden for months, I walked a mile with my cane twice in the last few days. So far so good. Missed it today, not sure how the rest of the week will go as I doubled my meds.

Rifampin seems to be my magic bullet, at long last.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Tracy, so glad to hear that you had some good days! A mile, Wow! Also happy to hear that Rifampin is helping you. My son is going to start it in a week. I have been nervous for him. Remember to take it slow on the walking. Don't want to overdo.

Diane, all of my relatives in are Louisville, Ky. The humidity there just does me in. I am just useless in humidity. I could never get used to it. But planting some flowers and filling window boxes sounds wonderful! It is my therapy.

KAM, sounds like you are making some progress! Yeah! [Smile]

I have a dental cleaning today. Not sure what else I will accomplish, but will check back later.

Have a good day every one! [hi]

MDW005
Member # 22706

It's supposed to rain tonight. We have been in

the 80's for awhile now. The rain comming in is sending us back into the 60's low 70's.

Today I worked in the yard, and kept making iced tea for the men working on the deck roof.

Diane

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg... I solved the problem with the machine... I beat everyone to it!! [lol] So my plan now is to get there early and do my warmups.. then wham-o... head to the machine!! hehehee

I got 5 min in this time. The nurses told me that some sessions they have people wanting to do 20 min or more, so they're going to have to limit everyone to 10 at a time!

I also walked 40 laps.. 38 is a mile.

Sounds like everyone here is doing pretty good!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tutu-thanks for your help in the health food store yesterday!

i drove 4 hrs to llmd appt today and got lost on the way back but it was a really good appt...more on it later. i'm tired

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Tutu...glad you were able to get on the machine

kayak..you were really moving your body yesterday

hope you recover quickly

diane the ice tea and yard work sound like good medicine to me.

Able to water 3 of my potted plants and put feeds ticks in them.

Resting and then hoping to water the last two.

Also able to start up the dishwasher.

yesterday I was in and out of sleep and slept all through the night last night.

Still feeling out of it this am but at least able to do a few things and hope to be able to do more.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Kayak... glad you made it back safe.

Tutu... happy you didn't have to fight for your machine.

kam... I bet it feels wonderful to sleep the night through. I'm jealous.

today my family went and played laser tag while I stayed home and cleaned house and had some quiet time.

Well needed time.

diane

--------------------

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did my 1 hour in the pool. PT guy said he notices improvement in me. that was encouraging,

Feeling sore in my feet and genera;ly tired. I started abx 3days ago, so let th efun begin!ha.

lost 2 pounds on my diet. I expected more, but oh well. it has only been 2 weeks.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:
[QB] tutu-thanks for your help in the health food store yesterday!

[Big Grin] That WAS long distance help, wasn't it!!?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys! [hi]

You all sound like you're having a great week!

Sorry to check in so late but I haven't had to much spare time.

I'm trying to adjust to working this temp job.

Monday and Tuesday I took Rocky just out in the yard-3 acres or so.

Yesterday we walked a little over a 1/4 mile and today over 1/2 a mile.

I'm short changing him but will try to make it up once this job ends on the 16th.

Am thinking of another trip to the dog park for him.

He loved it last Sunday.

See you all later!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Diane...I went years without getting sleep...finally found the right combo by accident....generic restoril, glycine, and gabapentin...

Melissa..glad you were able to do the hour in the pool. Wish I had written down all the benefits my PT guy told me that water therapy does for us [Smile]

AKW...good to hear from you. Wondered how you were doing with adjusting to work and life.

Friday am: able to take a much needed sit down shower and put clean clothes on. Drove 5 min out of town, walked 5 min, rested, walked back.

I feel so much better if I am able to get out....I feel so trapped in my body when I can't do anything around the house or get out.

Able to also do 2 loads of laundry...waiting for what it takes to put them away, able to sweep kitchen floor..it still needs mopping

Able to pick up some things off of front room floor...now it is safer to walk in there.

STuff is on couch though so need to move it off of couch before bedtime

[ 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

MDW005
Member # 22706

today....WOW...Can you believe me? I was up on top the deck roof putting the last shingles down!

It felt so good, I didn't feel much like a lady but it was fun. My legs are dying... seriously!
from my butt cheeks to my ankles and my toes.

I have been told I'm a stuburn Missouri mule(family from Mo.) and I have the brain that God gave a goose.

Walked a couple dogs. Thank God they all go home tomorrow.

My daughter and her husband also go home tomorrow.

Rest for me. I might stay in bed

I am going to take a long soak in the tub later
and turn to moosh.

Diane

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Diane...I think that is a first for our using the body and brain group. [Smile]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

MDW... take care of yourself!!!

I walked 40 laps and did 6 min on the new machine!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Lymetoo... are you scolding me? [Frown]

[ 04-09-2010, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Walked into dog park. Beautiful day out with birds singing in the trees.

One guy at the dog park keeps questioning me about the cost of grooming Rosie. This time he told me I could groom her myself.

Usually it bothers me that he doesn't understand why she needs to be kept cleaned up and why I can't do it myself.

But someone on this site gave some good advice during Easter about explaining our condition.

Think of them as the EAster Bunny...the Easter bunny just won't get it no matter how many different ways you try and explain this condition.

That helped this am. As I was driving off I thought to myself Easter Bunny.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Kam... this bunny is for you.

-

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Diane..that is so funny.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by MDW005:
Lymetoo... are you scolding me? [Frown] [/QB]

Yes, I am!!!! [tsk] You ol Missouri Mule you!! [Big Grin]

Funny cartoon too!!

Kam... WE understand! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

I relaxed today. Took the boys to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Came back home and my youngest daughter decided she wanted to cook on the grill.

She is 24 and has no clue how to cook. Made me fill good that she finally asked me to teach her.

Diane

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement