LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 5/10-5/16

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 5/10-5/16
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is for those who keep going. Who don't give up. In spite of pain and fatigue, we get up and move our bodies. We count activities of daily living and celebrate with those who actually manage some aerobic exercise.

We have some victories to celebrate this week:

KAM was moved to her new apartment yesterday. She made it! Unfortunately, the work continues as KAM unpacks, but she is there and still functioning. (I get clumsy towards the end of my moves too, KAM. It was a sign for the whole thing to be over soon!)

And LPKayak, is getting settled in her new area. After much frustration of trying to find a new place up north. The new location sounds ideal and fits several needs.

Kudos to both of you!

I am still recovering from a round trip to Massachusetts this past weekend. Traveling used to energize me. Now it zaps me for a few days. But my plan is to get my arm exercises done and some laundry which will involve multiple trips up and down the stairs.

What can you do today?

Karen [hi]

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was up busy cleaning closets and throwing things out before the garbage men came today. Up and down the stairs many a times. Did my high reach stretching to gather old things up and replace with newer.
Head, shoulder's, knees and toes kind of exercise day.

Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diane,

I like that: head, shoulder's, knees and toes.

Karen, thanks for the intro and info.

Trying to clear my head right now by lying down. I just unpacked a box that was sitting on the sink. NOw, I can get to my kitlchen sink.

resting and then will try and get those dirty dishes in the dishwasher that are in the sink.

Drove to the grocery store this am and used their electric cart for a short trip.

Then walked into dog park and able to have a hosrt conversation with one of the laides at the DP.

Clsoing my eyse as I type this as I am fading fast.

Bottm line its it was an usnusaul morning as fara as being able to do things.

Also able to plant that plant I dropped on the front room floor

Short conversation with the cable guy.

Obviously got things working.

Short conversation with the manager and maintenance guy.

Short conversation with a visitor.

Conversations are like jogging around the block for my brain.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am sooooooo happy. these 10 days or sot of vacation have gotten me out of the depression and i am so sure this is where i belong. this morning i found hundres of horse farms in two towns about 20 min away. there are thousands of houses under 150k. the beach is beautiful

but i did take two ticks off kris when we got back. they had not attached and were very sick cuz of the permethrin i have on him. but i will have to be careful.

tomorrow i drive 9 hrs back to put the apt in storage, sell the camper and bring a few things i will need back here. i hope i can do it quicly but have 2 1/2 weeks if i need it.

there are 2 top-o-the -line llmds within a few hrs and a bunch of good llmds very close

I AM HAPPY!!! now i know why everything was going wrong in nh...i just didn't belong there
lymetoo---hold on to your hat and be safe! you've got some weather coming your way

kam-don't over do...i'm so glad you are there

kgg-i do love NE but it is just so hard for me there now...guess i'll be a flatlander for sure

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice intro, kgg!! [Smile]

Doing good, kam! Don't overdo, OK!?

MDW... good job too!

kayak... sounds like you are in the right place... I'm worried about the ticks though!!

Hopefully, the storms will miss us here. They head in our direction and then they dissipate as they near the mountains here. Like I said in a PM... I did find myself in the closet a week ago, hiding from a storm!! [Smile]

oh yeah.. I forgot ....

I walked 40 laps, did weights, arm cranks and 8 min on the machine.

Hubby bought a Total Gym.. so he's moving too now!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you are both movie now TuTu.

Wow. I am so happy for you kayak.

I think that shot of adrenaline or whatever caused the good cycle has bottomed out.

I know I did something thsi faternoon, but can't recall what.

Hoping to take Rosie to the trail head first thing in the am.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did my pilates yesterday and it was much easier this time. Wow does that work your middle!

Today I put up a bluebird house(one of many), put some rabbit fencing up in my garden and started some planting.

I've got my garlic and sage growing nicely in my raised bed, and planted some rows of beets and lettuce today.

Definitely got my exercise in!

Kayak, it is so nice to see your "I AM HAPPY"! I'm feeling pretty happy today too. [Smile]

Wow Lymetoo, that sounds like an awful lot of exercise!

You were busy today, Kam! Moving is not an easy task. And on top of that, it seems as if you are doing more and more. You are doing an amazing job.

MDW005, I'm about due for some of that head, shoulders, knees and toes kind of stuff too. My closet is a mess. Don't wear 3/4 of the stuff that's in there. It's just so hard for me to part with things. But I know I'll feel so much better when I do!

How are you feeling today, kgg?

Here are two pictures of what I got done in the garden today. I'm proud. [Smile]

My raised bed with some sage and garlic. Next to that I planted some rows of beets and lettuce.

-

-

I can't wait for fresh veggies! I have to be careful though and plant little by little. Last year I hurt my back really bad gardening and was laid up for a couple of weeks.

Happy Monday to all. [Smile]

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topaz... very nice, you should be proud. I will take a couple of those garlics. [lick] I almost forgot what black dirt looked like.

We have red clay and have to buy expensive black dirt.

Kind of another gloomy day again today...Guess I will turn on some tv and see if I can find some easy exercise program.

Biggest Loser comes on tonite... grueling exercise I couldn't imagine putting myself thru... No, I think I will stick to Romper room exercise and reach for the sky.

Diane

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the pics, Topaz! Your garlic is ahead of mine.

Today I have gone up to the mail. Have done some housework and will plant some beets, radishes and more lettuce today. Not sure what else. I have been low energy so perhaps by the time I get supper done it will be recliner time.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Karen

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Feeling undone right now so will read what others are able to do later.

I had another unusual morning. yes. I was hurting and stiff and sore and so foggy when I got up. But, took 2 excedrin and it helped.

Able to drive Rosie to the dog park. Someone donated a picnic table and put it just inside the gate...bless them.

Now, I do not need to walk to the middle of the dog park to find a chair and sit down.

Able to walk just a few feet from my front door to the car this am too which helps.

Enjoyed taking a shower again this morning in the sit down shower. I sit on the bench in the corner so my back is also able to relax and I don't have to hold the shower head....the water just flows on me...so nice.

Sat in power chair and was able to blow dry my hair. Started to put on mascara but felt like I was pushing it.

Looked at my cheeks and they were flushed. A sign I was pushing it.

Wondering how long mascara lasts as what I have is about 4 years old...i just haven't been doing the make up thing for 9 years now.

Put 4 loads of laundry in...mostly blankets

Went pass laundry room 3 times this am. I use my power chair and a laundry cart on wheels to get to the laundry room.

Used power chair to fix breakfast this am. Need to have refrigerator door moved to other side.

Able to put a few things on a shelf in the bathroom.

need to have those doors taken off as the door is a sliding and folding door and it is just opening half way.

Resting now and then will finish up with laundry. Doubt I will be able to fold things and put them away.

But, it has been a good morning.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Well I didn't find any exercise programs on the TV today but I did some ironing without burning myself and I took the weights out of my car trunk and used them for a short while.

I also walked up the big hill and down. I have been working that hill all school year and my butt cheeks ache just like the first day of school.

Now that the boys only have one more week left of school, I will most likely be more active.

Hope everyone had a good day.

--------------------

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go easy, kam!

I'd say it's time for some new mascara. And I think it's a good sign that you had the thought to put some on!

Happy gardening, kgg. [Smile] Isn't it the best? I can't wait to get my other stuff in. Gotta be patient though, it's not time here yet. I'll wait another week or two. I usually have everything in by the end of May.

MDW005, I remember seeing that red clay dirt in my travels to different places. It's so odd to see dirt that color.

We just moved here 3 1/2 years ago and the dirt is amazing! Where we moved from wasn't that far but the soil was all sand. Nothing grew.

My significant other added a little peat and manure to the garden, rototilled it all in, and that will pretty much do it. Things grow well here.

Today I made a perch for a bluebird house I put up. I read that tree swallows like them and I'm presently obsessed with them. [dizzy]

Then I put up some more fencing onto our existing fence. I've been doing this for weeks now.

We've got almost an acre fenced in with picket fencing, but two of my dogs are slipping through the slats and coming home with ticks on them and making me crazy. I've been putting up hardware cloth so they can't get out. It's taking FOREVER.

Bringing my son for his baseball pictures tonight and will not be cooking dinner. We're having what we call a "picky night" here...meaning eat whatever you can find!

Then we'll all cozy in to watch Lost.

A good day all in all!

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday-Me and Rocky 2 miles.

Loved reading all the posts and hearing about the animals and gardening!

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Tuesday aternoon: 10 min loop including small talk as I walked with the guy who is living at the site.

it was too much. So veging for a bit.

kam
Member # 3410

Took a couple of excedrin after the talking and walking thing...waited...then able to try and get more boxes sorted and donated and ? Resting now as being on my feet was too much.

then hope to do some more.

kam
Member # 3410

Like the pic of the garden. Very cool.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew!! You guys are wearing me out just reading all that!

Loved the pics of the garden, Topaz.. I'm very jealous as I have NO PLACE for one.

I spent the day deep cleaning my apartment. My brother and his wife are coming here in June for a day or two.. then we will practically follow them down to Houston soon after! ( they are stopping here on the way to Indiana )

So I'm kinda sore in my lower back and neck from vacuuming, etc. Washed clothes too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my exercise today was a 9 hr drive-with a 30 min nap in the midle of it(i did stop the car for that)

oh-actually i guess it WAS exercise packing and unpacking the car and then watering all my plant s when i got back here after 10 days gone

tomorrow i make the plan and line up some help and i think i have about 2 weeks of free yard sale and packing and moving stuff to storage before ihead back down to jersey..

i'm following in your moving footsteps, kam.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

kayak,

I was worn out just reading your activity. I recall those days when I would need to pull over and sleep in the car...this was before being dx

I just couldn't understand what was going on.

Able to do some more unpacking and organizing. About an hours worth with breaks in between when it got to be too much mentally and physically.

kam
Member # 3410

tuTu...glad to hear you were able to do some deep cleaning. I really like to have a home that is clean when people come to visit...

And I think of you when my lower back starts to hurt to much to move about...thankful that when I lay down for a while it goes away.

I don't think yours does that. OUCH.

kam
Member # 3410

Topaz, good to read all that you have been doing.

I was wondering what to eat for dinner tonight...Picky night will do..most likely gluten free crackers, apple slices and cheese.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
count me in, I did 50 minutes on the elyptical yesterday, today little to no pain.

Im trying to lose weight ultimatelly

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymeHerx001:
count me in, I did 50 minutes on the elyptical yesterday, today little to no pain.

hear beat was around 150

Im trying to lose weight ultimatelly

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

LH...just getting the body toned would be wonderful..but I know how it would be nice to drop a few dress sizes.

Wed Am: able to do something this am. In and out of sleep last night but expected that due to taking the excedrin so late.

Able to put the trash bag outside the door. Hoping to be able to take it out to the trash soon.

Would not have been able to get off of the couch this am if it were not for having the handicap apartment now to help me be able to use the power chair to move my body.

able to fold that large stack of laundry that was on my bed. Bedding is still not on bed but that will come in time.

Able to put the patio back to how i first had it and put the wooden thing someone left here out for Rick to haul off.

Took small clay pots I had put in a box for Rick to haul off back out...decided not to let them go yet.

had to be on my feet for that one.

Able to empty the dishwasher and put some dishes in. Hoping to be able to wash the dishes in the sink that will not go in the dishwasher some time today.

But, need to veg now. I did think of when I first moved here and I was not able to fix myself something to eat in the mornings and waited until meals on wheels came.

I am so thankful for the power chairs that help.

I also was not able to use scissors or a knife or fix simple meals as my brian was not talking to my arms.

I am seeing improvement. And now this new handicapa apartment is helping out even more.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, kam!!!! Glad things are getting a tiny bit better and hoping the handicapped apt will help!!

Kayak... Can I go in with you on your yard sale?? I don't have a yard, but I have tons of stuff to get rid of!!

lymeherx... WELCOME!! I'm so glad you came over to join us!!! [hi]

I walked 38 laps, 8 min on the machine, arm cranks, and weights. Pretty good day!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

went to the female dr. this am, won't know anything for a week or so.

Walked the big hill. took dogs for a walk this evening.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

packed a lot...took the camper to the rv place-they think they can sell it for me-andmade lots of lists. lined up a few helepers too.

i got a lot more done than i expected...but just as i was about to take a little nap earlier, i patted the dog and felt something wierd and i still don't know what it is. i couldn't get it off. i'm afreid its a bunch of attached nymphs. i gave him his biospot a week early and sprayed his bed. i'll check again in the morning.

hmmmm. that would not be good if i am bringing bunches of nymphs back from nj. and not good if it is so easy to get them there even tho he has permetrhin on.

now i feel all creepy crawly and i'm afraid iwon't be able to sleep even tho i am exhausted.

we'll see.

and more tornados you you lymetoo. pigwits kids are in edmond ok.

--------------------

kgg
Member # 5867

Welcome, Lymeherx!

Every one sounds busy. Yesterday, I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floors. My plan was to go downstairs and do the same there. Lunch time came and I sat in my recliner. [sleepy]

I did not get seeds planted the other day, so I am hoping to get that done today. I have to figure out some kind of border for my perennial gardens. The dogs walk through them like they are the lawn. I have a bleeding heart that is flattened over.

Have a good day everyone! [hi]

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Oh yes, the dogs are very tough on flower beds! I've got three diggers here myself.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and then came home and cleaned the house a bit. Then went to my son's baseball game and felt totally wiped out after that.

Today I'm a little achy but NEED to get some more of the fence up. My two dogs are slipping out every single day and I feel desperate to put a stop to it.

They're coming home with ticks on them and it's making me very nervous, to say the least. We've also got lots of coyotes wandering around, which also makes me nervous.

Was going to go to my gram's but will have to call her and tell her I need to do some work around here. Tomorrow is supposed to rain so I need to act fast!

Hope everyone has a good day and moves those bodies in one way or another!

kam
Member # 3410

I will come back later to see how everyone is doing.

Mouse was not working yesterday.

Rick's wife came and helped for 2 hours last night. I lasted about an hour...not straight...but doing something small, resting and then doing what I could again.

I can see the front rooom floor now.

Went to WM this am via my car and then using the electric cart. Brain struggled but got the job done. Walked from front dooor of apartment to car ...very nice.

Feeling a bit more independent lately as able to do things I was not able to do when I first moved here with the help of adjustments.

But, not getting to excited as I went through a very low functioning time right before this higher functioning time.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Topaz... We have some coyotes around us also.
I am a bit surprised to see them along with a few deer. I live in an over populated suburb...I guess whith man tearing down animal environment I will continue to see more.

Today I went for a walk at the Green Way with my golden retriever.
It's a beautiful nature walk that doesn't end, well it does I just don't know where.

Befor I realized it I had walked too far in, 45 minutes too late!so I turned around and started to feel the panic set inside me. I had the fear I wouldn't make it back to the car.

Thank goodness I had my dog with me to help pull me along. He just seemed to know what to do.
Sampson is such a good dog. We both made it back home exhausted. Next time I can't forget the water in the car.

Diane

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i could not get going til noon afer all the packing yesterday---and i had run out of buhner tea and my meds weren't poured so haven't had them for a few days. i did get the meds straightened out before i was dressed-and made some more lists!!!

the first thing i did-at 1pm- is walk kris around the block . it took about 20 min. i knew there was no way i could walk after packing.

i didsome---and am dragging but trying ot keep ging. tomorrow i have help

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Glad you were able to walk for 20 min kayak.

Diane, the walk on the greenway sounds very peaceful. I know how it feels to wonder if you will make it back OK. Glad Samson helped.

Still hope to catch up on what others are doing later.

Walked into health food store and got some Vit D.
Thankfully, they have a chair to sit in while I waited for my turn at the cash register.

Hoping to sleep through the night tonight so I will have what it takes to be out on the trail tomorrow.

Oh yes. Walked into Walgreens to hand in my roll of film. Thankfully, they have a chair at the photo counter to so I sit while I wait for my turn.

MDW005
Member # 22706

My honey took the day off today. Our anniversary
Is the 18th of this month. We went to breakfast and did a bunch of running around today.

After walking the Green Way yesterday I was sore in the hips,and my family talked me into playing frisbee golf last night.
After nine baskets I was done. Way too much walking up and down pine needle hills and hunting for my frisbee in the woods. It was fun
until the body quit on me.

We are taking the boys swimming this evening with our friends and having a cook out, so everyone have a wonderful evening and I will chat tomorrow.

Ps, Kam... I hope you got the good sleep you were hoping for.

Diane

--------------------

kgg
Member # 5867

I find my short term memory is going. I sit down to type out what I did yesterday and I can't remember! [dizzy]

So I will write what I did today. I took Brewster back to the vets. He has a hot spot. I went to Walmart, salon and the grocery store. I am going out to finally spend some time in the garden and will make some pizza dough for tonight's supper. Then the recliner and I will get some quality time.

I confess I needed a cup of coffee and hour ago just to stay upright.

Kayak, you are doing quite a bit! Be careful not to over do.

KAM, I am amazed that you are still doing OK. Go girl!

Happy Anniversary, Diane and DH!!

Topaz, I hope you were able to get the fence closed in. It is so freeing to be able to let the dogs out and know they will be safe.

Lymetoo,keep up the good work!

Have a good Friday!
Karen

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i'm doing a lot but some of you are doing a whole lot more!

mostly packed today but had help. also made plans for two more helpers and took kris to vet to get tick mouthparts pulled out. grrrrr.

he had good tick stuff on and it wasn't time to do it again at all and he got 3 ticks in nj. they were very sick when i took them off and not engorged---but still . i;m not used to seeingticks if he has his stuff on. i wonder if the jersey ticks are not bothered by permethrin. they were not healthey tho.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Just wanted to check in. HOping to read how others are doing later.

Able to take Rosie around the block in the reclining power chair with leg lifts this am.

Did put the dishes in the DW last night while sitting in my small power chair. So, much more do able and less tasking on the body plus I lasted a bit longer.

Able to take a sit down shower.

Watered 3 potted plants I think. Cut dead stuff off of two.

Potted one small plant.

[ 05-15-2010, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kam
Member # 3410

OK Worked in the kitchen a bit today. Mostly, clearing off a counter that catches clutter.

Also wiped down one side of the kitchen counters and the trash can.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Hi Kam.... I'm sure it nice seeing the progress

You have made. It sounds like your new place is coming together.

Kayak...You are doing alot, packing and moving
is such a huge chore and exhausting!

Me... my usual Sat. sports with the kids. A little of this and a little of that today, and not a lot of hoofing.

Diane

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Sunday...still hoping to catch up on how others are doing.

I find moving my body and the brain are closely related.

Able to walk out the front door and get in car this am. Drive to the grocery store. Walk into store and get electric cart...use cart for short period of time of shopping without the struggle I usually have with the brain and body...

Walked into WG and picked up film.

Then able to carry the few bags of groceries into apartment from car without having to get power chair. So, nice having the car right outside the door.

Hoping to be able to do more today. We shall see.

Still looking forward to when household chores are back to normal and I can drive to a trail and be in the great outdoors for 10 min. I miss it big time.

Slept from 10 am until 3 pm ...guess I wore myself out this am.

Emptied one shelf of the dishwasher. Resting now and then hope to empty the lower shelf.

[ 05-16-2010, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

lpkayak
Member # 5230

wow-did a lot get done at my place today. i was EXCELLENT at delegating!!!

my brother came and really did a lot for me. all the heavy things that i can't move are in storage. i had to get up earlier than i wanted to and i sat a lot and just told him what to do.

last night in bed---after a few days of packing my left hand didn't work at all. i couldn't even pull the sheet on me. its hard to do that with one hand!

so everything that is here i am able to handle. but i'm running out of totes to pack stuff in...soo much easier to use them than boxes. and now that the big stuff is gone there are many, many piles of little stuff everywhere on the floor. but theres more floor space and my wheelchar broke but i am using my desk chair with wheels and it is working pretty well

poor kris---no walks today. tomorrow i am doing paperwork and walking him-more than once i hope. and icing my hand.

also---just in case anyone has any ideas about this. the last night i slept at the new place(i was only there 4 nights) i woke up with sort of a bloody nose. it wasn't running but when i blew it bloody chunks came out (sorry) its still doing that for 6 days now.

i know allergies were botheriing me a lot down there and the 5 days i was at my sons house their smoking made me sick. and in the new room i was using an ac.

when i looked it up online they said

1. stop smoking (i don't but i had been in 2nd hand smoke)
2. could be dryness or ac-just try vaseline in nose
3. and then of course lots of talk of cancer and sinus etc

anyway...i never had it before and i am back in a house i didn't have it in and i still have it--so any ideas?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak.. you can buy some saline type nasal spray to keep the inside of your nostrils moist. It's good for everyone to do that, actually. Was probably the combo of smoke and the A/C.

guess what? Thursday a.m. we had a BIG tree snapped just below the surface of the ground during a storm. The top of it just missed hubby's car. At least we didn't SEE any scratches. Whew! Would have taken out two cars, but no one is living next door right now.

I walked 40 laps Friday, 8 min on the machine and weights and arm cranks. May have to skip arm cranks and weights tomorrow since my left shoulder hurts now!

kam.. you are doing great .. just think how great it will be once you get all moved in!

MDW.. sounds like you had a great time with the family!

kgg.. hear ya on the bad memory!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to pay more attention to this thread. You Lymies are amazing!

Topaz, you really impress me! Nice veggie garden, enticing photos...wow. I want raised beds. I have a little rolling stool cart to sit on that I got from an elderly neighbor who couldn't use it any longer. It allows me to plant or weed a little.

I've taken to just wandering around my yard. I've been introducing friends to eating spiderwort blooms. Have you tried 'em? The entire plant is edible. [lick] Fun.

Diane, I had a Golden, too. Now if I get the nerve to walk my active little brown dog, I often go too far 'cause she's been so bored and I can't do much.

Oh, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Diane!

'night all.
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

still working out

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement