LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » TxC' given his meds Late...Problems... rehab Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TxC' given his meds Late...Problems... rehab Update
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lymers >>>>>

Sorry no where else to turn... so they have TxC settling in to a rehab/treatment place... supposed to be quality care and all...

Okay having friends and family in the nursing field,I know new intakes can be a bit confusing,if there are many at once...but come on...he came in last evening...

Pre-breakfast meds means before breakfast folks... they got the meds in way late...he took them as instructed [he had eaten already, remembering now, TxC is on painkillers...]... even tho' they are pre breakfast...

His blood sugars spiked and his BP dropped...he was dizzy, nauseous and hyperventilating...

I am three hours away,my helper-driver is at work [and subject to a husband w/ his own health issues and a four yr.old too.]...I'd like to give the Rehab folk a piece of my mind ,but I don't have any to spare...

SO I am venting here... TxC' is precious to me...the only Hubby I have or want, we are both going thru enough...WOW...maybe he's just another patient to some...but he is my hero...and my true love.

They need to be more careful of him ,and of others...most everyone is special to some one...

Okay...I'm gonna go check the laundry and try not to freak out...

Silverwolfi...who wants to be by TxC's side right now...[ again...lamenting...where is safe cost effective transporter technology when we need it...7[sorry no question mark button working]. '

[ 05-17-2010, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will not worry...I will not freak out...I wont get more ulcers...I'll sure try to remain calm...Pretty Pink and Blue thot's...[ hmm that makes deep lavender...]

Now why did I find more silver hairs-es 7
'

Jus me the Silverwolfi

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there someone at the facility that you can call for info? I'd keep after them. Call someone everyday checking on him (THEM).

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hey Lymetoo,

He gave me a number,when they first moved him to the facility yesterday... after trying the room # again in awhile...if I don't reach him...I'll call the other number...

Again, even a bunch of intakes in a few minutes doesn't excuse such carelessness... this concerns me greatly!

Altho' I don't want to hassle folks..I want to know my TxC'Bear is safe...thank you for your concern...Please pray for him!

Jus Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Okay <<<<< Friends/Lyme Family >>>>>,

I talked to TxC briefly,will check back in a few hours, I'm sure he was doing therapy...

I'm going to have him set up a time for calls since I don't know the schedule there.

Need to know his room number,visiting hours and etc...

Being at a distance is no fun,when one cannot drive and the brain doesn't always remember things well.

I am thinking I should ask someone on staff for a daily report etc., If they have somebody who can make calls etc. when things are calm.

Oy...Jus' the Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, give the facility another call. Kindly ask to speak with TxC's nurse. The nurse will likely be busy so expect to wait on hold or wait for a call back.

Explain to them that you are concerned about TxC's morning med incident. Sometimes orders get missed or mixed up in transport, obviously something happened. It would be helpful to go over TxC's regular med schedule to make sure that they have the right orders for each medication dose and time that they are to be administered.

If you talk with the nurse this evening, he/she will have time to contact the attending physician to correct the orders before tomorrow morning.

Try not to worry. Give the nurse a call. It is their job to take care of TxC. You can help them to do the best that they can.

Sending another hug your way [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right .. it is their job .. and they shouldn't mind answering your questions or taking your calls. I would seriously call them everyday for awhile. When they know you are "watching" they'll take better care of him!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sick Tick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sick Tick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver, definitely getting those meds late is not good. I am with the previous posters...call often, and make sure they know you are going to be vigilant, and they will take extra special care.

And don't forget to take care of yourself

Posts: 283 | From where the ticks are! | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Trying this again...it didn't post...

Thanks <<<<< Lymetoo, Sammy and Sick Tick for the input...

The nurse claims he was confused and sat up to quickly etc...ah...nope...they messed up the meds. He has one early a.m med and a couple just a little before eating. then a couple meds at night.

She was saying,well he got his meds at 6:00,and then ate at 8;30ish... well they 'd better review w his attending physician. I suggested they do so.

They gave him something from his normal meds routine, awhile -after- his meal... he may be a little groggy from the painkillers...

but...he knows that certain of his meds are to be just a bit before he eats and then only painkillers ,until close to bed time when he has a med or two that he takes.

I asked for a 'daily evening review' as this has bothered me...we'll see if they call in the pm's or not.

Gotta try to get up some energy for a bit of grocery shopping w/ neighbor. I just don't do very well w stress. OY!!!

BBL Silverwolfi gettin' silver-er

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm praying for you my silver friend! ...and especially for Tx Coord too.
Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< hshbmom >>>>>,

Thanks for the prayers, this has been very hard...I don't like long separations. A few weeks has me bothered.

TxC's niece is in Military and gone for long periods...not sure how her mom handles it.

We knew the knee surgery/therapy might be rough, but he said this is worse than his back surgery[1982], and the incarcerated hernia [ after a car accident,1985] ...

hernia ruptured and the intestines kinked and pinched up into the rip he had to have repaired...dangerous stuff.

And he wasn't dealing w Diabetes issues w/ the other surgeries as is happening now.He's had a couple that were kinda rough... but he was back to his own self in a week or so.

He is usually my care giver,and helper... now he is needing care and help...I feel vulnerable and helpless here.

Hopefully he'll be back home in early June...

I'm gonna try and rest as it is almost midnight here now...

Jus' The Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Silverwolf. I was just thinking of you. I hope that you and TxC had a better day today, that everything was worked out with his med and rehab schedule.

Hugs [Smile] You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Sammy >>>>>,

Thanks for the hugs, prayers, and kind tho'ts!!!

TxC' called twice today to talk, he is feeling a bit better,but still having trouble standing up.

He was a bit discouraged by this, tho' they did do much better w/ getting the right meds at the right time!!!

And If it isn't one thing it is another...good thing he has a cell phone,his room phone went out today. The cell phone is only a Trac-phone[pay as you go type], so we have to watch the minutes closely.

It looks as tho' I may get to see him Sunday for a bit... will see.

I'm fighting a bit of sinus problem...so trying to keep well,and not too tired...

I'll check back tomorrow ,must run some errands w/ young neighbor gal [trying to keep up w the bills] and then I'll be able to check in here...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Just a brief update between errands... after the next one I'm gonna need a nap [ neighbor and I are bathing Sihayah woofly,and Muad'i-ittybit doggys ].

Then I can rest, sinuses are buggin' me... darn weather..

TxC' called this a.m and was getting ready to try a shower at the rehab...then some therapy after that...hopefully it went well.

He wants out of there big time...so I know he'll work hard at getting his strength back so he can walk.

Maybe he'll be able to walk better than me,when he gets home, that'd be great [Smile] ...course I still trip over invisible things,so I hope they can help him get to walking far better than that.

Get the right leg working for him,and then they can do his left knee ,hmm, then his hands and shoulder... the Bionic Treatment Coordinator/PO that'd be... uhr-uhm ...interesting!!!

I don't care as long as they can stop him from being in pain,and he can walk again!!! He's been really discouraged not being able to walk.

He said he is still having some issues trying to stand,but maybe that'll resolve as they get him some strengthening exercises...I sure hope so.

Right now, it doesn't look like he'll be home until June... And I miss him,but if it'll get him well,we'll deal w/ it!!!

Wishin' I could talk to Mom, but a prayer to the Lord to hug her for me...will have to do...so I try not to get to down about her being gone these two years now.

Young neighbor is kind and helps as she can,between work,watching her four year old, visits from her young son, and trying to keep her hubby happy, he isn't well,[autoimmune disorder].

But they try to check on me,and get me down to see TXC' when we can ...long day but worth it...we'll try to drive down again Sunday.

I'm having a bit of a flare up, swollen glands/armpits,more weary than normal...sure it's the stresses and weather...

But that's how things stand right now...

Jus' the Silverwolfi updating...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just got back into town and read these.

i'm so sorry you're going through all this. i wish there was some way i could help.

boy it seems your state doesn't have any programs or anything to help people does it?

is there anything you need?

i wish i could get on a plane and come there for a visit or something.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Thanks for the update Silverwolf.

I'm glad to hear that you have a kind neighbor nearby to help you some. It is good just to know that she is there if you need.

Good also to hear that TxC is doing well. Rehab keeps a tight schedule. It is hard work for him now but it will be so worth it in the end.

Remind him that it will take time to rebuild strength and get used to his new knee. Sounds like he hasn't been able to walk right for quite awhile.

He's going to feel so much better (general health) once he's able to start walking/being more active again. I bet it will even help balance and control his blood sugars.

Hugs Silverwolf [Smile] Try to get some rest tonight now that all of your chores are done and you know that TxC is safe and well.

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Randibear and Sammy >>>>>,

The main problem is it will be a long while before TxC can 'walk' the left knee is about as bad as the right one was...

This makes rehab very very difficult...plus TxC is having to learn to use muscles a different way that he was used to...as he wasn't walking right for many years.

They are having to try to strengthen the left knee enough he wont fall and damage the new rt. knee. When he can walk well w/ a walker, perhaps he can come home.

VA is going to send 'home health' up here to Idaho when he is close to coming home,to try and get some safety bars around the toilet and a special lift stool for the tub.

When they see our front entry steps they'll freak..the back steps are even worse... so they may be having to do something about that too...so he can get into the trailer safely.

Now while I am very grateful for my young neighbor,as I said she has to balance job, four year old child,pets,and a young son she only has partial custody of, plus her hubby,who is having his own health issues.

I don't think we are going to get to the dog baths as it is almost 6:00 pm here.And my young neighbor is battling a headache..she does her best to help when she can. The odd weather isn't helping any of us lately.

TxC has had issues w his knees and ankles etc. for years...but in Sept. he slipped getting out of the tub..he's been on crutches or wheelchair/walker since then ,and things steadily got worse because the bones had started to deteriorate.

Anyhows that is where we stand..thanks for kind tho'ts and prayers !!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Member # 13952

Silverwolf,

If TxC is struggling with weakness in his left knee, I wonder if the rehab people might try using a brace or some type of support to help him compensate? Just thinking out loud here. It may not work but is something you might ask about if the time comes.

I'm happily surprised to hear that the VA is going to send some people out to your house to help make it more accessible for TxC.

If the stairs are a problem, you might see if the VA would be willing to rent a ramp for TxC. My family has done this before. Insurance paid for a portion of it because it was considered a medical device.

The grab bars are a great idea probably for both you and TxC. My dad has installed many of these around the house for my mom (she has MS and has had 2knee replacements). If the VA doesn't install them for you, you could try to ask someone in your church. It should be an easy job for someone with the basic tools.

Also, the VA will probably provide you with a plastic seat that sits on top of your toilet rim. It raises the toilet by approx 10 or so inches. This will make it easier for TxC to get up from the toilet. He will want to avoid low seats of any kind for awhile. It is too difficult to try to get up from that position.

Hugs [Smile] Silverwolf, it's almost the weekend. You'll be getting to see TxC in just a couple days now! (Sunday right?)

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Just checking in on you, Silverwolf! Praying that things continue to improve. [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Silverwolf,

Just wanted to say I'm praying for TxC's recovery and swift return back home...and for your strength to get through it all.

[group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here, Silverwolf! [group hug]

I hope you get to have a great visit on Sunday.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Sammy,Lymetoo,Dekrator', and Carly >>>>>,

Sammy great info' and Ideas, I mentioned the leg brace to TxC,when we spoke by phone this afternoon!

Y'all,I am trying not to feel to down,don't know if we get to go Sunday or not. Not sure what is up w neighbor but if her son doesn't get to visit,there'd be no reason for her to travel toward SLC.

I've not been told anything yet...and usually they are getting ready to go pick him up soon,she was to call if she finds out if her boy is getting to come up here.

There is a SLC shuttle service but it is way to spendy and I'd have no place to stay when I got the 3+ hrs down there...will let y'all know if I find out anything more!

Thanks for the kind tho'ts and prayers and the well wishes!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Well... Phew!!!

We'll go get Neighbors young boy in about an hour and a quarter...so if all goes well, we'll be going to see my TxC-bear on Sunday!!!

And we got my dogs bathed finally ...Sihayah needed it badly,but I was concerned...she's a big doggy and neighbor is a small petite lady...her hubby helped us get my sweety girl in the tub!

Then we got Muad'i bathed too!!! He's only about 11 lbs...so not hard to bathe!!!

Going to go and encourage TxC as best as we can...he had a rough night...his roomy is ill right now and the guy fell out of bed several times [the fella is feverish].

And of course one feels the aches and pains more at night,and then w/o sleep it is worse. Hoping TxC' has a better night and day tonight and tomorrow and that his neighbors fever breaks,poor guy.

Recovery is no a picnic for sure, if the roomy is better maybe TxC will get some sleep this pm.

Well, I'm off to try to find something to eat,that wont make my stomach hurt...it's been tender of late.

Willcheck in later...Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

YEA! I know he'll be SO happy to see you!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo and All keeping us in their hearts and prayers >>>>>,

Thanks for the kind tho'ts and well wishes!!!

I'll be relieved when I actually get down there and we are visiting for a few minutes...

This is difficult,for us to be apart like this for more than just a few days.

TxC's rehab is taking quite awhile longer than we'd tho't... they start out optimistic...'oh 3 or 4 days',and then you find out its more like a month...in many cases.

I just hope he gains strength quite fast...and the time flies quickly.

Will try to update on his situation when I get back...It might be Monday before I can get on-line.

Thanks again for y'alls caring and kindness... Jus'Silvwerwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Lyme-rs >>>>>,

Got to Visit w TxC for a couple hours, he has been able to do a bout 10 steps on the parallel rails.

This is going to take a while folks. For far to long he wasn't walking correctly and couldn't exercise as he wished.

In essence he is having to re-learn to walk ,it it goes slowly. He tires out quite easily, so it's any ones guess at this point whne he can come home.

Secondary issue,a bother for both of us... he's behind on a govt. Guarentee student loan bill,and the govt. want to garnish the SSDI check.

They called twice last week, and hung up before I could get to the phone [I don't always remember to carry it to the back of the trailer].

There are no messages left,but we've done all we could so will have to wait and see what happens. TxC' had the Drs. fill out some info' for the group handling the bill...

but I don't know if they've got it,as I cannot get to the phone quickly enough,trying to remember to carry it w/ me. [ LD and co's is beyond irritating,memory issues,and mobility issues too].

If the company involved doesn't call by tomorrow afternoon,will see if I can locate some sort of number for them. it certainly doesn't help mine or TxC's stress levels...

Beyond that,I am making do,waiting to see if check comes in un-garnished and in proper amount.

TxC' has said they are getting all but one of his meds to him on time, and some of the nurses are working to try to get that straightened out...

for some reason late night shift doesn't want to give him his Thyroid meds at the proper time.It gets ridiculous,hes been there a full week now.

Ah well. he is being carefully taken care of aside form the T-roid meds,...so we'll keep checking,and hoping that he can gain strength quickly...I miss him so very much.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

For clarification, TxC' does get his thyroid meds, but it is supposed to be in the pm about 8;30 ish not at 10 am in the morning...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Member # 13952

Thanks for the update Silverwolf [Smile] I'll be keeping you and TxC in my prayers.
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Sammy,and any other Interest-eds >>>>>,

Thanks for the prayers and kind tho'ts...

TxC' had a good rehab session yesterday,able to take several steps w/ the parallel rails,and also turn around, and not feel his legs were going to give out.

Then he did a special bicycle machine for strength building...suddenly small things like taking a shower or getting his hair cut means a lot!!!

I so know what this is like...yesterday I couldn't walk thru the trailer w/o tripping,hurt rt.ankle a bit,and my back.

I've cautioned him to work hard but don't push too hard either. I know when I over do I end up back where I started.

Sometimes I feel like such a whimp,and I want to be able to be strong for TxC' when he gets to finally come home.

Mostly it's just me...and things don't get done if I don't do them. I have a driver,depending on my neighbors work schedule and so on.

That helps me get to the grocery store and pay a few bills.

There just isn't any one else in this area sadly. Gossip after a "church mess" from a couple years ago has gone round and done some damage.

Of course we know the real story behind it all, so we hold our heads high,TxC' and I, and keep doing what we can...but one feels quite alone sometimes.

Most everyone seems so 'busy',to busy even to return an occasional phone call...so I just quit calling most folk...

guess they don't know,or don't care how a chronically ill person or persons might be feeling. [I'm a bit sad today I suppose.].

It makes me feel grateful for y'all and the young couple next door who tries to help us,in the midst of their own struggles!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Member # 13952

Silverwolf, It breaks my heart to hear how gossip has hurt and separated you and TxC from your local church families. I'm sure it breaks God's heart too.

Just know that you are not alone. You may live several hours away in a different state but that doesn't change the fact that you are still my sister in Christ.

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Sammy >>>>>,

Thank You for the kind words and prayer!

It has been very hard, and made worse by both of us having chronic illness.

We were in Ministry,but they didn't want someone who was fighting illness and forced us out...

Didn't realize until about a month and a half ago, that there were still folk w/ a huge chip on their shoulders about us and ministry.

In this area if someone is upset w/ another Christian, it can make it very very hard to find a church family.

It is sad but true... and was recently brought home to us, when folk related to some others in a situation[ we didn't know at first that they were relatives], wouldn't even come and pray for TxC' before this surgery. We were stunned.

Nothing should shock us anymore,but it did,... evidently sharing Christ's love is only for those, who these persons deem worthy,...and it can and does cause much heartache.

Sometimes it is very difficult... and perhaps I don't reach out as I should... hurts too much...

I am asking the Lord to help me be loving and kind...I don't ever want to do to others what was done to us...ever!

I'll check back later on, my young neighbors decided I should have dinner w/ them! [Smile]

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Silverwolf,

Just checking on you and TxC. I replied in your other post, but not here. I will continue to pray for the both of you. Please don't let those toxic people get you too far down.
With TxC not around right now, it's very important that you keep your energy up and not waste on people that say they are christians.

[group hug]
Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I will pray for you two even more now that you've told us this! My husband has his own share of church troubles because he is the organist. STUFF is always cropping up... discouraging him.

Thankfully, he is a strong Christian and will rise above it. It's really hard sometimes.

I hope they get TXC's meds right SOON!! Took me 6 wks to get them to give my mother a very important (prescribed) supplement while in the nursing home. I had to keep after them constantly. Someone finally got fired over it.

Thank the Good Lord for your neighbors!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< MDW00' and Lymetoo , Any One Else Interested too [Smile] >>>>>>,

Thanks for the Encouraging words,Hugs Prayers and such!!!

Finally they have gotten TxC's Meds schedule corrected, he says they even bring the one thryroid med in a bit early so he can take it at the best time for him!!!

His Physical-Therapy rehab is a long battle, but he is slowly gaining strength. Right now,it still appears he has many weeks to go before he can come home [Stressful for us both...].

I suppose the hardest thing for me, is not being able to see him, but about3 to 4 times a month [still better than nothing].Then trying to keep up w/ bills etc.,and dealing w/ a family member who's mentally unbalanced.

Had to cut off communication w/ the family member who' is unbalanced for the time being. I cannot deal w phone texts/calls at 3;30 a.m. Nor can TxC', and the person cannot be reasoned with right now.

Not easy,but getting myself and TxC' back to some sort of health and well being must come first right now.

Hopefully, I'll get to see TxC' Sunday again, and bring some encouragement his way... I enjoy our brief daily phone chats in the mean time.

HAd a bit of an intestinal bug yesterday, so last nights/this early a.m.'s phone scare didn't sit real well ... And I am extra tired today.

Will check in later!!! Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will call you saturday if you're going to be available.

blast!! send me your home phone number again, will ya hon?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Randi' >>>>>,

Just e-mailed you! Later from the Silverwolfi -gator

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement