LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 5/24-5/30

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 5/24-5/30
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! The last week in May! This getting old business and time passing more quickly is a little scary.

Welcome to this week's thread. Every one is welcome here. We record our physical activities for the day or week here. In doing so, we encourage each other to not give in to this disease but to keep moving our bodies. Please join us if you are so led.

I woke up this morning at 7AM to the dogs barking and heavy machinery out in the front yard rumbling and beeping. Before I even had my first cup of coffee I was making decisions, moving seedlings out of the way and weed wacking so I could get some landscape cloth down. It was not how I wanted to start my day! [dizzy]

I am used to a quiet leisurely beginning to my day. I still feel like I need more coffee.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Karen [hi]

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kgg... I woke to children on this lovely Monday!
School is out for 3 months and 1 week the boys informed me this am. Yes, I need more coffee.

Lunch time for them and I am already exhausted.
It might take me a few weeks or 3 months to get a sort of routine. [Smile]

Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I awoke to less pain, but not too sure I slept at all! son up with ear pain. Off to the doc shortly. I am doing laundry like mad. I am just pushing thru the pain and fatigue which is hard.
walked to the bus stop.

who invented summer vacation???

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
esterday was a pretty good day as far as being able to do a bit. Hoping to be able to do a bit this am too.

I took 2 excedrin as without it I would be bedridden and the brain wouldn't be functioning.

9:40 am My breathing is slowly going back to normal. I carried 3 small boxes of books a short distance and put them in front of bookcases.

rick, maintenance man stopped by and fixed a few things ....he said he would pick up abx for me when he goes on his mission trip to Mexico. he leave Thursday so I need to see if I have the funds and decide which abx to get.

Able to wash the iron skillet I cooked eggs in yesterday.

Able to clean up in the kitchen a bit and start dishwasher

Hung up Monthly calendar. Hung up yearly calendar. Good to finally figure out where to put them.

Moved shoe rack into den as there was not room in bedroom. But, still need to remove plugs and steady rack.

Able to get on the floor and clean the bottom rungs of the bins and put bottom bin in.

Able to hang hats on hat/coat rack.

Slowly becoming organized. Going back and forth from feet to power chair to move my body. AS things get cleared away and organized I will last longer if I am able to do more while I let the power chair move me.

Able to make bed and put things I want to put on free table upstairs in one spot...

Thought by now, I would be done with organizing and unpacking and sorting...but looks like another week....still able to do more than i have the last 9 years.

Hoping to be out on the trail in the great outdoors next week.

Brain is doing that inflamed thing or whatever happens....but it also is about time for me to veg.

Excedrin has also worn off.

Hoping to read how and what others are doing later gator.

5 pm able to vacuum what I can see of floors...still need to empty boxes and put things away. Can't recall the last time I was able to vacuum...I hope this continues

[ 05-24-2010, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diane, you definitely win. I love children but they tire my brain. And now that my son is 23, I'm really not used to having them around. So my hat is off to you!

Melissa, glad you were in less pain this morning but hope it doesn't get worse as the day goes on. And I hope your son is feeling better quickly so you both can get some sleep!

KAM, I think you are doing great! I am amazed at how much you are getting done. It less stressful to be organized. So good for you!

Best,
Karen

[ 05-24-2010, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: kgg ]

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam you are doing awesome! Thats a lot of stuff you did!

I managed to do about 8 loads of laundry wash dry folded. It is my hardest chore. Now I need to get them put away. Hubby is home now so he said he would do it.

managed to walk to bus stop in pm. It was hard. I cleaned my cat box and hamster cage.

vaccumed and swept. Took son to doctor. He has an ear infection. ugh. I had the crazy and bad doctor who I do not trust. She didnt know what to do as far as abx were concerned.

She basically did what I said and what was done a month ago. She didnt know that it was twice a day that the meds are given. YIKES...

I also was very patient and did not yell today. I now this sounds dumb, but I tend to get very impatient and get irritated easily. so that was good.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read what every one wrote...now lets see if I can recall what I read....

karen...rude awakening this am

Diane..children...yep a routine would be good

Melissa....hmm...stress...hope you get to relax this evening and get a good night's sleep.

I like the part about staying calm and not yelling.

Pleasant day here today. Windows open again. No coolers running so quiet too. Whispy clouds in the sky.

Wanted to take a picture of them but when I took my sunglasses off and looked through the view finder the contrast was just not there... guess my camera needs sunglasses

Rosie did not have off leash time today. All outings were in the pc...perhaps tomorrow she will get to stretch her legs of leash.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang!!

In answer to the big question this week...

Teachers invented summer vacation!! Otherwise we'd never survive!!! Your turn! [Big Grin]

I walked 40 laps, did the weight and did 7 min on the machine. No arm cranks. Cranky neck still!! Not bad, but don't want it to be any worse.

It's so good to see everybody today!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Tuesday am: be back later to catch up on what others are doing.

Unpacked 4 boxes this am. The ones in front of the bookcases. Resting now and then hoping to tackle the boxes in the den.

Not sure why...but moved the 13 boxes left to unpack in the den to the front room.

Able to get the reclining power chair in the den and the old rocking chair out of the sun (had it in the sun in the past and it was not good for the wood)

10 am now. Most likely will need to veg until after 4 pm...but a good morning...

just the excedrin alone was not working so went to nearby convenience store via power chair and got a double expess starbucks...that did the trick this am

Just being able to get to the convenience store is not something I take for granted...brain and body rarely allow me to do this.

noticed when I put one more empty box outside my doorway in the hall that someone had removed the others. Guessing it was the maintenance man. Thankful for that.

4:30 pm Tried to sort through more papers but the brain has had it.

got to chill for the rest of the night along with ALW

[ 05-25-2010, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kgg
Member # 5867

Melissa, I would fight to keep my cool if my son was being treated by an incompetent physician. Good job keeping the temper under check. It used to upset my son when I lost it.

Lymetoo, you are right. Teachers need a break after nine months. Hope that neck is better soon!

KAM, Bob took pictures up at the Grand Canyon through his sunglasses. They were brown tinted and it really got rid of some of the glare that would have shown up. I thought the pictures looked better than the others.

I was up early again today before the heat hit. I worked around the yard for two hours. I planted a bed of impatiens, moved some rocks and gave every one a drink. It is humid today. I do not do humid. The rest of the day will be inside work.

Have a good one, everybody!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Karen, I thought about using my sunglasses while I was typing that out. I will next time.

Your morning outing sounds wonderful. The humid part does not. Glad you can be indoors and be OK.

TuTu..I was just talking about that with 2 other teachers at the dog park.

That and how we did not have a clue before starting to teach how necessary breaks are.

I had worked in the corporate world 60 plus hours a week...I thought teaching would be a piece of cake for me with all the time off.

Big difference between pushing papers and teaching!

A teacher friend of mine worked one summer in order to pay cash for a car she wanted. She said she would never do that again. It was just too much.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday-Vacuumed and did laundry.

Tuesday-2 hours of grass cutting this a.m.

Chilling for now.

[Cool]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today i was a tigger. took boys to Monkey Joes...
It's an indoor inflatable bouncy... umm... place.

I jumped around for awhile till my legs became jello. Wow I sure am out of shape. I'm going to feel this one for the rest of the day.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Diane...that has got to be a first for this thread. [Smile]

ALW...you are on a roll.

kam
Member # 3410

Wed am: took 2 excedrin and waited for it to kick in. then able to walk into dog park for a toilet only visit (had park to ourselves at 6 am again.

Then able to walk into grocery store and get electric cart. Pick up a few groceries.

Doing better on the electric cart. it is still a struggle for the arms and brain...but at least able to pick up a few things. But better than Mr. Toad's wild ride.

Resting now and then hoping to clean up kitchen and unpack a box...maybe two.

10 am I am done or undone until after 4 pm most likely.

I did do the 10 min loop in the forest. I was there but not there. Needed to get Rosie out to stretch her legs....she was attacking her dog bed with a vengence this am...she needed some off leash time.

so hopefully, I will be able to do the kitchen thing and unpack a box or two this evening.

[ 05-26-2010, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kgg
Member # 5867

Today is another humid day. So I am doing laundry (stair climbing) and organizing the house.

Have a good day everyone!
Karen

MDW005
Member # 22706

Took boys on a nature walk and did a little fishing. So glad they didn't catch anything... I don't know how to take a fish off the hook
We used rubber worms and I don't do the worm thing either.

A bit too hot for me, temples and head hurt now.

Diane

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny about the worms and the tigger thing! [Big Grin]

Enjoyed reading about everyone's activities!

Kam.. so true about resting in the summers. I was usually WASTED by June. Of course, I taught school while having Lyme ... 21 yrs worth.

HUGS to everyone!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wednesday-A shopping day.

Kohl's, Ulta and Sam's Club then home.

Looks like another grass cutting day tomorrow.

See you all then.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

AKW...that was a busy day both mentally and physically.

I know about Kohls and SAm's club although I have not been in either...but what is Ulta?

Rosie and I were out in the reclining PC this am ...a trip to the post office...that wore me out...resting now and waiting for the excedrin to kick in ...hoping I will be able to do a few things after it kicks in.

MDW005
Member # 22706

AKW... I love those srores. I also go to the same stores. I was just at Ulta the other day.
I ran out of base make-up.

Kam... Ulta is a make-up store, perfume and body lotions and hair supplys.
Sounds like you have been very busy this week Kam.

Lymetoo.... hope your arm is better. I have some super glue and bandaids if you need them.
What subject did you teach?

Kgg.... that stair climbing gets a little rough doesn't it. Wears me out.

me... I think I will do a few things around the house today. Boys are wearing me out. My legs are a little week from all the activity.

Everyone have a nice sunny day.
Diane

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Diane...I had a funny picture in my mind when I read that you had super glue and bandaids for Tutu.

A full body public service announcement for lyme disease with bandaids on so many parts of the body.

Able to sort out one of those plastic bins that had a variety of unrelated items in it.

Resting now and then hope to tackle another...but housekeeper is coming soon so hoping I will be able to hand write a to do list for her....(need to replace printer so I can communicate via the keyboard next time)

that most likely will do me in. She is just here for an hour but is a verbal processer so wears me out.

Getting a new person next week who works more independently

Also hoping to finish putting away the misc set aside stuff I got from teh plastic bin...have another box started of paper work that I will sort through as my last project.

I do think I am doing well enough now I can set up my own files for the first time in 9 years. Cool.

So both, mental and physical work this am.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I finished my 26th year of teaching teenagers the fine subjects of science and Language Arts (writing).

I just bought a new mountain bike with wide tires for better balance. Probably give myself a few days to recover from teaching and then start a walking program and biking program.

Of course, I have been pushing the lawn mower around my 1/3 acre once a week now for a month, planted the garden and flowers.

I am ready for summer, but not a hot one.

Blessings. Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8918 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Hiker...looking forward to your biking and hiking adventures.

Congrats on completing all those years of teaching.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-2 hours of grass cutting. Cleaned one bath tub and did a pedicure and manicure.

I'm wiped out!

Kam-MDW005 is right on about Ulta being a store that sells cosmetics, lotions, hair and nail supplies and has a salon.

A young lady that I worked with in April recommended that I go there so I just started shopping there.

Am so much in need of a makeover!

The first time I went in I was slightly overwhelmed.

So many beauty products to choose from. Some things I wasn't very familiar with.

Trying to sharpen up my image because I'm trying to go back to work.

Wish me luck!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

merrygirl
Member # 12041

enjoyed reading what everyone has been doing! For me today was a bad day pain wise and that overall sick feeling.

I did manage to bring one of our hamsters to my sons preschool class for pet day. The kids went wild. Of course this sent my nervous system into overdrive. they swarmed me and invaded my space..lol. they were allowed to pet the hamster. so they all were shoving their hands in the hammys face, but the hammy was tolerant.

short visit maybe 10 minutes, glad it was over

so after that I was in bed; didnt do much else,

but got a busy weekend ahead of me,

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry to hear of your pain, merrygirl!

MDW... I taught EVERYTHING ... as an elementary teacher would say!! [Big Grin] Taught 4th grade most of the time. Have taught 1st thru 5th one time or another.

Good to see you, hiker!! Yippeee!! A mountain bike!

No real exercise for me today.. had to do some shopping. Nothing exciting.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kgg
Member # 5867

Wow. Every one has been busy.

If I went into an Ulta store I would be sick for hours. Chemical sensitive here. The most make up I wear is mascara and it has to be hypo allergenic. I am about as low maintenance as one can get.

Yesterday I transplanted my Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli. Today will be more of the same. I finally convinced my husband I need a garden cart. It took too-many-to-count trips to the garden shed to get everything I needed. Found a cheap imitation of the Garden Way cart for $79. Typically they are close to $300. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Good luck with the job hunt, Aklnwlf!

Melissa, hope you feel better today.

Hiker, you deserve some kind of award working with teenagers. That takes a special person. I tend to be more like Lymetoo, preferring grades 1-5 when I taught short term.

As soon as the camera is charged I hope to get some garden pictures to share. This spring has been so nice compared to last year which was 2 straight months of rain.

Topaz! Are you OK?

Diane, hang in there with all of the kids. I remember rolling skating with Mark one year. Had a blast! Could barely walk the next day. I was amazed at all of the muscles I had not been using that were then sore.

KAM, I really like how the brain is waking up. For you to be able to do paperwork is great!

Have a good day everyone! [hi]

Karen

kam
Member # 3410

AKW...ah the transition from low health back to high enough health to return to work.

Do they have a non toxic, non animal testing section at this store?? I had no idea how toxic some of those products were until I came down sick nor was I aware of the animal testing....

..well kind of aware of the animal testing but not to the extent that it was abusive...I thought how could it hurt the animal. I was wrong.

...Melissa...glad you were able to get the hampster to school for sharing. Sorry it was such a rough time for you. Hope you are doing better today.

Karen...looking forward to those pictures. Glad you found a garden cart.

Friday: hoping to be able to empty the dishwasher, sort, unpack and organize another box full of misc stuff, do the laundry, vacuum, get that carcus Rosie brough home to the dumpster

..I'll be back to let you know if I was able to do one or two of these things.

Able to have some GF toast, poached egg and bacon and take meds and supplements. Couldn't have done this this morning if it were not for the indoor PC

Rested

Then put in 2 loads of laundry, took one blanket out to dry on its own, put a load into the drier...but had to go back and start the dryer...the lights, fan noise in the laundry room is getting to me this am...also put another load into wash...but thankful I am able to do laundry this am.

Mission Accomplished. Still need to put laundry away but at las at another time.

Sorted through that box of office supplies again...I think about 3rd time trying to empty it..difficult on the brain, processing and vision...one more time and I most likely will have it...found 6 staplers...looking for staples now then I will know which couple to keep

Took 2 excedrin after breakfast as the brain just was not co operating...hoping it will help me to be able to do a bit more this am

Not sure if it helped or not...still have the inflamed brain thing that goes on when over doing it.

Rest time now until after 4ish

Able to get the laundry put away. Hot here now. Thinking I will open the windows, etc in the early am and then close them in order to have things cooler tomorrow.

[ 05-28-2010, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Kgg... I guess I am sorta high maintenance, I'm a lip stick kinda gal, I have chemical sensitivities just not as severe on some days and most of what I wear is Hypo.LOL I run in the store and out. I know where everything is that I use.

Merrygirl... the good ole days, I remember pre-k pet day with the boys... fire belly toads, bird and hamsters.

AKW... good wishes for the job hunt.

Kam... two thumbs up for you, you are doing great.

Lymetoo... nothing exciting... good for the brain and body to take a rest.

Me... taking the boys frisbee golfing, it will be a good walk for me. I will have to wear my sun hat today, another 90 degree day.

Have a good Friday. Already? Where did the week go?

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm in nj and my brother made it bck to nh safe

that was hard-18 straight days of packing and driving...it cost a lot more than i planned on

i'm slowly unpacking but had to take today off...too much lifting...carrying...pain

today i spent a few hours on a dog beach with kris...it was cool...ocean breeze---no bugs-really nice. there was hrd sand to walk on...and rocks to sit on...i needed that

i'm making friends in the house i am in and looking forward to meeting some lymies next week when dr b and h talk close to here

i may have to buy about 30 miles away...unless prices fall a little more. but right now i need to settle in and recuperate from the move.

my priority: a 3 block walk to the beach everyday...at least once!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I can hear the seagulls now kayak and smell the beach air and feel the cool sand at the shoreline under my feet!

I miss going to the beach during a full moon and watching the diamonds on the water as they reflect the moon's light.

Glad to hear you are taking care of you and you made it safely.

Sat: able to take a sit down shower this am and put clean clothes on.

Cruised over to farmer's market in my power chair but brain was not working well enough to make any purchases.

11 boxes left to sort, clean, unpack and organize. I will be glad when the boxes are off of the front room floor.

Looks like I need to get up and take excedrin this am. Sure hope it helps the brain be able to work well enough to unpack a box or two.

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today is my day off from my elliptical.

so far doing 10 minutes six days a week.

have lost 10 pounds -- 60 more to go....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Hi everyone,

nothing going on today. Took my grandson to the dr. this am. ear infection and throwing up.

Randibear... great job, 10lbs! that is exciting.
I will be glad when my body decides to let loose a few of those lbs.

Kam... hoping you are having a good day. 11 more boxes...watcha gona do when you are finished unpacking and everything is in it's proper place?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Welcome to our little club, randi!! [hi] Good job on the exercise and weight loss!

kayak... glad you got back to NJ and are settling in!

kam... 11 boxes.. That is good!!! Almost done!!

I walked 40 laps Friday and did 6 min on the machine along with a few min on arm cranks and then some weights.

Hurt my left shoulder yesterday cleaning my husband's shower. All I did was scrub for like a minute or two .. should have just stayed with my stronger right arm, darn it!

Still have my shower to clean and a floor or two to scrub before my brother and sister-in-law come next week.

Come on over for a cleaning party!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm still really tired nd have a lot of pain. i haven' been taking supps exactly right with all the moving.

today started out real slow but i did get two 30 min walks in with kris and i am really glad cuz tomorrow will be really hot and even tho today was cool the walks knocked us both out

i did my meds/supps set up in their little thingy so i will be taking them right for he next two weeks anyway

and two ppl called to say they have horses for me to ride. and cheaper and closer than in nh. i'm just so tired rightnow i'm a litle afraid to try them out---but i will soon.

tutu---i know about switching arms and overdoing. twice with moving i got so my hands just wouldn't work. butrest and ice brought them back. we are so fragile..huh?

kam glad ou continue to settle in

randi...you give me hope! when i get back to regular elliptical i'll be starting at about 6 min a day!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i first started it couldn't do more than 2 MINUTES!!! THAT'S IT!!!! TWO FREAKING MINUTES!!!

i'm trying to work up to 15 but 10 just does me in.

this morning i weighed 189!!!! down 11 pounds....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Congratulations, Randibear! Two minutes would put me in bed for the day. So I was really impressed when you said that 10 minutes was what you were doing right now. Good job on the weight loss!

I am almost done with planting the garden. I still have lettuce and radishes seeds to plant and then I think I am done. Then back to weeding...

It has been a hard push to get the garden in this weekend. I have been falling asleep at 8 PM every night. That is two hours earlier for me.

What a beautiful weekend we have had, as we remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. I am grateful.

Best,
Karen

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement