LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 5/31 - 6/6/10

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 5/31 - 6/6/10
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These verses are so encouraging to me. The Name of the Lord be praised!

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.

Great is His faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning.

I say to myself, ``The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in Him!''

Lamentations 3:22-24 (New Living Translation)

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks daisy. They are encouraging to me also!

I've been away for several days and am just catching up.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dekrator, welcome back. Trust some of that time away was refreshing and fun.
Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Yesterday, I woke up and heard birds singing. Then I heard thunder and realized it was pouring down rain outside. The birds continued singing even though it was raining "cats and dogs".

This morning I woke up and guess what? I heard birds singing. The sun is just starting to come up. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day outside.

I have learned a valuable lesson from birds. (Didn't we talk about birds last week in "God Thought too?!") [Razz]

"Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy."
(Psalm 100:1-2, New Living Translation)

I've noticed singing when it's "raining" or when it's "sunny" is good for my SPIRIT-but also for my MIND and BODY (go figure?!)

Have a blessed day! [Smile]

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisy,

Yes,our time away was nice.

We went to NYC. Saw Billy Elliot on Broadway, ate lots of good food (no sugar for me though), walked alot, shopped, and toured the ship "Iwo Jima" on Memorial Day.

It was docked in the city for Fleet Week. There were lots of members of the Navy and Marines there.

I wore my pink Army shirt in honor of my son. [kiss]

There's always so much to do there.

And you are absolutely right about the birds. [Smile]

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Decrator, My hubby and I went to NYC for one of our wedding anniversaries. There was so much to do. We had a blast.

My dad, retired Navy, I remember touring several aircraft carriers. I'll never forget.

I imagine it was quite emotional for you (it was emotional for me just watching various "things" on TV). I'm glad we remember!!

Awesome you wore pink Army shirt "honor of your son".

So glad you shared with us!!

"God Thought" has become such an, ummmm friend-place. I love learning about you all, and as I see your posts on other threads, it gives me a better picture of my Lymenet Family. [hi] [hi]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

What are you facing today?

"Our God is greater,
Our God is stronger,
God, You are higher than any other,
Our God is Healer,
Awesome in Power,
Our God, Our God!

If our God is for us, then what could stand against us?"

"Our God is Greater" by Chris Tomlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlA5IDnpGhc

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

You never cease to surprise me with another great inspirational verse!!

Yes, I was more emotional this Memorial Day than past ones.

I can understand why you would be also.

I wanted to thank you for the prayer for my son that you posted on last week's thread.

I just went back and read through the posts I missed when I was away and I just saw it...I really appreciate that.

You have alot of members of your family who served in the Armed Forces!

My Dad was in the Navy too, but only for 4 years.

We are getting ready to pick up our grandsons and take them to our local amusement park that has "Spaghetti Wednesdays" starting in June.

They love eating spaghetti there, riding the rides, playing games and then getting ice cream before we leave.

We usually do this every Wed in the summer.

I hope you are improving daisy. Thinking of you.

Have a blessed evening.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy,

our local christian radio station is called the Fish. I know you probably won't believe me but I was cleaning my car over the weekend and must have bumped the radio buttons and this very song was on "Our God is Greater."

I never changed the station back and this must be a popular song, because I swear, every time I get in the car that song is on!

Thank you for sharing this song.

PS... Today I didn't take the car... I took the van and didn't hear the song. till now!

Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator, Isn't God's word beautiful, so full of inspirational verses. I mean--who writes a better love letter?!! [spinning smile]

Our little grandson loves spaghetti noodles with butter and salt. Every time he comes over for the weekend his Papa (that would be GWB) makes them. Not healthy, but, oh well sometimes! He loves blueberries and ice cream.

Oh, you got a great summer ahead of you grandsons and fun and games. Laugh a lot my dear friend!!! Get those endorphin fixes. [lol]

I am improving! I've been on the Jernigan protocol since April 30. I plan to share but wanted to wait for some time to go by. I know that one week I asked for prayer (like I said first time ever) it helped so much! Thank God! Thank you all!

I have had one day in the whole time that was equal to a really bad herx while on abx (which sometime I'll explain what that means to me, each of us is different). ONLY ONE DAY--that is amazing. I think I'll share about it on Lymenet when it is the right time.

You have a great night thinking all those happy thoughts of all the fun you've had lately.

Blessings,
Rhonda

[ 06-02-2010, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: daisyrlb ]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Diane,

I love it when God does that. "The Fish" that's cool.

You do not know how many times I either start or almost start a sentence with "I know you probably won't believe me but" [Big Grin]

"Our God is Greater", I really like that song a lot. I am listening to it right now. The truths are inspiring, encouraging, WOW!

Oh, so you must have "bumped the radio buttons' cleaning your car. Yeah, uhuh. Hmmmmm. Doesn't sound like a coincidence, SOUNDS like a Godincidence to me. SOUNDS--get it--SOUNDS??!! [lol]

You say, "I never changed the station back and this must be a popular song, because I swear, every time I get in the car that song is on!"

Popular, really? (interesting when I get in my car that songs not always on--heee heee) maybe it is one of those "God-Gifts" to you!

OK, so now it's my turn. I know you probably won't believe me but...this morning I was driving to work and the car in front of me--license plate read:

GODB4ME

Did you catch the "bridge" in the song we're talking about, "And if Our God is for us then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us then what could stand against?"

So you got to hear the song after all today. What a coincidence. NOT! [Big Grin]

Blessings,
Rhonda

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning Daisy and Dekrator,
Daisy I pm'd you but your box was full.
You sent me a scripture from Matthew 6 with "The Lords Prayer":

Our Father in heaven,
may your name be kept holy.
10 May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today the food we need,[a]
12 and forgive us our sins,
as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
13 And don't let us yield to temptation,[b]
but rescue us from the evil one.[c]

I thought this was the "Lords Prayer":

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I'm not familiar with Matthew 6, actually, sadly
to say, I'm not familiar with anything in the bible. If I have heard... I don't recall.

Maybe this is why when you post a scripture, it's an eye opener to my daily living and growth needs.

Thanks for your patients and guidance.

Diane

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks daisy.

So glad you are improving. I look forward to reading about your latest treatment when the time is right.

How cute that gwb makes your little grandson his favorite spaghetti noodles with butter and salt!

We had fun last night. Tonight is my older grandson's baseball game.

Blessings back to you as you are a blessing to all of us!!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW005,

Hello and it is nice to get to know you!

daisy is so good at explaining bible scripture, isn't she?...and she is so encouraging that she could make a speeding ticket sound good! [Big Grin]

I look forward to seeing you around here as we learn and grow. [Smile]

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW005, first of all so sorry my box was full; hope you didn't lose your PM. I've cleared it out.

Good question about the Lord's Prayer. Thanks for bringing that up. I didn't even think to mention this, but there are two versions in the New Testament-one found in Matthew and the other in Luke.

Great you have an inquisitive mind. You go girl!! [Big Grin]

"Wiki" does a great job sharing this info. It is fascinating to me. Here is the Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Prayer

Notice about half way down the page you'll see the Lord's Prayer in

Original Greek Text

Latin

Catholic

1962 Anglican (the traditional one you quote)

About the last one-third of the page takes the Lord's Prayer and breaks it down phrase by phrase with explanations...

Be blessed as you skim through that info. I was!

You say, "Thanks for..."

We're just all here helping each other along the journey and encouraging one another. We are blessed to be a blessing!

[group hug]

dj
Member # 20969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see others with lyme keeping the faith. We have an awesome God and he loves us.

Please visit http://mustard-seed-faith.com

You can receive a free book or CD on healing if you email them.

--------------------
I am not a doctor and am only expressing my opinions...please do not take this as medical advice.

Posts: 44 | From US | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Hi Dekrator,

You are always doing such fun stuff! God give you strength.

What fun to watch your grandson play baseball. Brings joy to the heart. [spinning smile]

A verse comes to my mind,"

"A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
Proverbs 17:22 (New International Version)

MDW005
Member # 22706

I forgot that last line in the prayer!... For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. This is from 1928. My mothers mother would not be very happy with me.LOL

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW005...God is very happy with you!

Good Friday morning to everyone, I don't know if I've shared this lately or not...but this morning I woke up and this song is on my heart.

"At the Cross" Hillsong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOY0mjjmx8Y

John 15:13 (New International Version)

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 (New International Version-NIV)

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

TGIF: Thank God It's Forever!!!! [woohoo]
MDW005
Member # 22706

I was listening to this song "At The Cross" and my 10year old grandson came over and was looking over my shoulder listening and watching. The next thing I knew, he turned his head and looked me in the face and said "Mama, Why are you crying?" I said they are happy tears.

Stop it Daisy; you are turning me into a blubbering cry baby! I'm not opening your links anymore LOL.

You have a wonderful day, you started my day in a wonderful way.

Diane

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW005, LOL!

I was actually in bed and thought of this song and had to put it on "God Thought" tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiVvHxgHL5Q&feature=related

OK, now I can go back to bed.

Oh, Father God, You love us soooo much! Thank You, Thank You Forever!! I love You, Father God!

Good Night.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Today may you sense His presence and healing touch--Our

"Wonderful merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend...

You give the healing and grace our hearts always hunger for..." [bow]

MDW005
Member # 22706

That was a wonderful song Daisy. I truely enjoyed. Beautiful... I don't have the words to describe that song. amazing.

diane

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW005/Diane, so true.

The tune to that song is very beautiful, and those truths regarding God's Son...

I think Paul in 2 Corinthians 9:15 expresses it well (just like you did). Paul writes,

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! [bow]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

dj, Thank you for posting above. I don't know how I missed your comments. I'm so sorry.

You are a person "after my own heart" when you say, "Great to see others with lyme keeping the faith. We have an awesome God and he loves us." [woohoo]

I like your website. It is easy to navigate and encouraging. Thanks for sharing the link. Joyce Meyers and Joel Osteen are great encouragers.

Keeping the faith together and together keeping the faith! [group hug]

dj
Member # 20969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisyrlb,

Thank you for all your postings - it's good to know that there are others out there and we're praying for each other.

It sure is a journey.

btw - are you an Oklahoma Thunder fan? They played terrific and I enjoyed how hard they competed against the Lakers!

--------------------
I am not a doctor and am only expressing my opinions...please do not take this as medical advice.

Posts: 44 | From US | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Hi dj, I was rooting for the Thunders. So close, so close, what a final game!

It is a journey for sure and I'm thankful to have traveling companions along the way and to know that we are never alone!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

"Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

``Therefore do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Mathew 6:30-33 (New King James Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua86ap8JfOI&feature=player_embedded

HAVE A BLESSED LORD'S DAY!

Joyful
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOVE those verses...they are such a comfort to me. Thank you for posting them [Smile]

--------------------
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
Psalm 139:14
http://confessionsofalymie.wordpress.com/

Posts: 113 | From down South | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

I went to 10:30 services. First time in years.

I went to bed last night and decided I would get up and go today.

As I was putting on my make up and trying to figure out what to wear since my clothes shrank, my oldest daughter came in the room and asked to go.? My daughter has not set foot in church since she was a little girl(29 now).

I thought I was going to church for me, but realized it was for her. Daughter became so emotional after she took the bread and drank from the cup. She kissed me on the cheek when we sat back down and said "thank you, My mind was straying(She is a recovering Addict) and I needed this."

Thank you Daisy; if I had not found your sight here my daughter might have started using again.

Diane

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

I bought a bible today; it's an English Standerd Version, and I also bought a book called...Moments of Peace from the Psalms.

I was very nervous about buying and I remembered your words Daisy... God will guide you. I closed my eyes for a moment and sighed and said please help me. After that it wasn't so over whelming.

--------------------

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy...read my post today about the full moon.

Om...

Oh, yes...I believe! God IS within us all.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Blessings to you Joyful,

Psalm 139 is my favorite Psalm! For years I struggled with believing the truth that I was "precious".

God did an amazing healing in my life!

"Daisy" means "precious pearl"...thus the reason I chose "daisy" as my name.

AMEN! We all ARE fearfully and wonderfully made--precious, very precious!! [woohoo]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW005/Diane,

It is my turn to cry...cry such happy tears when I read your recent posts! I was thrilled that you went to church, and WOW, your daughter went too, so thrilled, so thrilled! My heart is blessed and overflowing with joy at the good things that God has done!

Who is like our God? He is so crazy in love with His masterpiece creation (people)!!!

He is sooo much EVERYTHING MORE than we could ever imagine.

sooo much more LOVING than we could ever imagine.
sooo much more MERCIFUL than we could ever imagine.
sooo much more GRACIOUS than we could ever imagine.
sooo much more FORGIVING than we could ever imagine.
sooo much more GUIDING than we could ever imagine.
sooo much more ________ (fill in the blank) than we could ever imagine.

When I said to you, "God will guide you"...just in the time I've been reading the posts...I can see He has been woooing and drawing you to Himself, and guiding you all along. And to think He is even using you to draw your daughter to Himself, WOW!

Is our God good or what? Well, our God is an Awesome God!!!

Rhonda

(I know I used a lot of WOW words and !!!!! but it is THAT thrilling!!!!!)

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Marnie, thanks for sharing. I found your thread and read it. I made a comment or two or three... [Big Grin]

God bless you!

MDW005
Member # 22706

I couldn't fill in the blank [Frown] I drew a BLANK in my head.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW005/Diane, That's OK. God will guide you to "fill in the blank" in His timing.
MDW005
Member # 22706

I just opened my Psalms book and this is what it said.."They have greatly oppressed me from my youth, but they have not gained the victory over me."Psalm 129:2 NIV
This is/was a big issue for me this evening. I found my peace for the night, I think I can rest my heart now.

God, thank you that I don't have to live under the oppression of these issues any longer. Thank you for freeing and loving me, Lord God . Amen

Diane

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Diane, what a beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing with us. Sleep well as you rest in His peace.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW005,

Wow, I also cried when reading your post about you and your daughter going to church.

God is so good.

God Bless you both.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

God is so good to use you to help others like this.

You are the friend that God wants all of us to be.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Hi Dekrator, God IS so good!!

We are all blessed to be a blessing. We are especially blessed to have a FRIEND who sticks closer than a brother (according to the Word of God).

Have to believe another week has passed and time to start a new "God Thought" thread.

Looking forward to seeing what God has planned this week. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement