LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Financially were done...Emotionally I'm done...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Financially were done...Emotionally I'm done...
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really at rock bottom now.....between not being able to go to work, on long term disability, my salary is at 50%, paying $1600 cobra a month to keep our medical insurance, and hubbys business dealing with hard times......I am at the end......

we cant go on like this so where do we go now.......

I cant physically or mentally do my job but i am going to have to try...i feel it will finish me off, I'll probably lose my job and my license but what choice do i have, my family cant lose their home.......

I just dont think i can make this work any longer, i dont know what to do...........

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leadmare
Member # 15431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leadmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Florence, I have nothing to offer, but empathy. [kiss]

Just saying~ Someone is hearing you [group hug]

Posts: 58 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thx.............

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wish i could suggest some things.

you know once in awhile people will list things here that they need. so i might suggest if there's anything you need to please post it adn somebody might be able to help.

i retired from a job i really liked. some of people didn't believe i was sick. it caused all kinds of problems.

i wish i could wave a magic wand and we'd all be cured.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to quit my job 4 years ago! It was very sad; and took a chunk of our livelyhood with it.

Thankfully hubby's job is keeping us afloat; but its still scary feeling like its all we have to rely on. So I can imagine how stressed you must feel.

And the "emotionally I'm done part"......I can more than relate to that right now. I feel like I have reached my limit in that department.

All I can say is try to stay as positive as is possible in situations such as this. Many times these things work themselves out in ways we could have never imagined.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

i know..its hard as you dont know what the future brings with this....when will things be normal??........or do i acceept my previous life, job etc is unattainable......and make changes to and accept my my life as it is..........thanks

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Florence, at first I use to assume I would get my life back as it was before; but now I am at a place where I think I have to start to try and accept that it probably is never going to be the same. That does not mean it cannot be good again! Only different!

It is very hard not knowing what the future holds. I am a person that has always needed concrete answers, always very cautious about making decisions and plans; and now with this life, nothing is concrete and being cautious means nothing.

Not that any of that is any help to you. I guess I'm just venting to let you know what you are feeling is not uncommon at all in the lyme world.

After 4 years of being ill and 2 years of learning everything there is to learn about lyme disease, I still don't understand how a small little tick can do so much damage to ones life.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellephant
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellephant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really sympathize with you and can totally relate. i really hope something miraculous happens and you don't have to go back to work, because i know working would finish me off as well!
Posts: 220 | From Kansas | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch. I had heard cobra was high. I was just thinking how I have never known fear like I do now since I came down with this.

it does get scary often.

Hang in there. This too shall pass. Just keep breathing for now. That is your only job.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emotions ? Go to www.mercola.com then go to the bottom of the page and hit EFT.

Emotional
Freedom
Technique

[Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dj
Member # 20969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can I help? Please pm me with your needs. I can't send money but maybe there is something else that I can send through the mail to assist?

Keep the faith!!!

I know these can be dark times but this too shall pass.

--------------------
I am not a doctor and am only expressing my opinions...please do not take this as medical advice.

Posts: 44 | From US | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

thanks guys...I am sure we have all or most of us his hard times throughout this process.......thanks and good luck to you all...........

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Suggestions for When You Need Treatment and Funds Are Low

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/22281
=

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement