LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I hate Dr's almost as much as I hate liver..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate Dr's almost as much as I hate liver..
cityroam1
Member # 24787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cityroam1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone requested copies of their medical records? Anyone surprised by what the Dr wrote in it? Anyone gone back to the Dr to question him/her if there were discrepancies?

I requested my records from a couple of dr's, 1 of them wrote in the report that they did an exam of my back/spine and wrote that I had full movement, no problems.

Problem-- he never examined my back/spine and contrary to his report I do have severe back problems, I told him so.

I guess that means that he doesnt believe I have back problems?

[Mad] [cussing] [rant]

Posts: 75 | From NE Ohio | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kirk
Member # 24483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wrote a whole thing about these doctors in another post. I would never, in my wildest dreams, have imagined that I would have received the type of reactions that I've gotten from doctors.

I've lost so much respect for the medical community, I cannot put it into words. I still cannot get over the phenomenon of doctors not believing me when I describe my symptoms.

I dealt with this in 4 of the last 7 doctors that I have seen.

Posts: 41 | From astoria, new york | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cityroam1
Member # 24787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cityroam1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the onset of my symptoms my blood pressure shot up and I was having palpations. My PCP sent to me a cardiologist who told me there was nothing wrong, just try and reduce the stress. He wrote in my file that he had concerns that my symptoms were psychosomatic. I dont see how he could say that after only meeting me for 5 minutes.

He had me wear a holter monitor it clearly showed that there were some problems and now I am on a beta blocker.

He never went back and updated his report. It just P*#$#$ me off that it is now part of my medical record.

It amazes me that they can write that they examined an area that they didnt. I have clear swelling in my knees, the Rhumi didnt even look at them but he said no swelling present.

This whole thing is so frustrating! It makes me want to contact those Dr's and ask them to explain their findings. idiots!

Posts: 75 | From NE Ohio | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It amazes me that many drs no longer do actual exams. They just make statements they can't back up!

I was so blessed with a good LLMD and now I have a great GP who always believes what I tell him. Imagine that!! After many years of less than effective doctors, it always surprises me when my dr believes me and just takes it upon himself to do what is right!

I hope you will find a good doctor one day, cityroam!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kirk
Member # 24483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is an attitude pervading the medical community that people are not to be believed regarding their own symptoms.

I also firmly believe that Dr.'s are trained to label anything psychosomatic that they cannot explain. They'd prefer to call you crazy than to just admit that they don't know what is wrong.

Posts: 41 | From astoria, new york | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirk said "I also firmly believe that Dr.'s are trained to label anything psychosomatic that they cannot explain. They'd prefer to call you crazy than to just admit that they don't know what is wrong."

Amen. I have been sayind that for years. They are cloned.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree Kirk.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto, ditto, ditto--throw the rotten docs in the pit! [puke]

sometimes i can't even believe what goes on--it's truly like a bad dream. i don't know anyone who likes to go to the doctor. who wants to take so much time out from life to go talk about made-up symptoms? why don't they believe we're telling the truth? who wants to spend the money if they don't have a real problem?

i went to at least 50 docs for various lyme symptoms over the years. i can only imagine what they wrote in my file after some of the dismissive treatment i suffered. holy.

there's no justice.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite was, "If you think of a pain, you can make it happen."

You #@@#$%#$! How about I hit you upside the head with a bat! I just thought of a pain, and I made it happen!

[ 07-09-2010, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John S:
My favorie was, "If you think of a pain, you can make it happen."

You #@@#$%#$! How about I hit you upside the head with a bat! I just thought of a pain, and I made it happen!

I just had to log in and tell you how hard I laughed at your post John S. Thank you for that!

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad I made you laugh.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So logically, it would follow that if we think about our symptoms going away they will go away. Of course! [shake]
Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

I guess if I think of money, that'll happen too. Wait, I'm thinking about all the jerk doctors I saw getting a group punch in the face--there, boing--I'm sure it just happened.

Now, I'm gonna go walk on water.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement