LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » test results explanation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: test results explanation
Debsido
Member # 26714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debsido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got a copy of my test for lyme disease AB and all of the Igg are non reactive and the Igm bands 23 and 41 are reactive. I dont understand if this is a good thing or bad thing? The blood work sent to Cal. came back with no co-infections. Just confused- have appt. next week with LLMD but just curious while i am waiting
Posts: 12 | From Roscoe,Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
What that Igenex Labs? That's a very good lab.

There is no good or bad thing here. Well, it's not great that you're ill but that's already water under the bridge. You seek answers, the truth. What is, is. You just want to know what is going on and what you can do about it.

Q: Did you EVER have a bulls eye rash? Not all lyme patients do, but that would be, well, a bulls eye, a "bingo" and save you a lot of guess work.

You may have lyme, as even one reactive band, with symptoms and history can point to that. However, lyme is a CLINICAL diagnosis. The LLMD who has seen and successfully treated hundreds or thousands of others (I hope) needs to SEE you - how you walk, talk, sit, think, process, etc.

Tests for coinfections are not all that accurate and, again, you history and what the LLMD observes will tell him a great deal.

Something must be going on and the LLMD is trained to assess for a variety of infections, dysfunctions and deficiencies.

================

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

Topic: Dr C's Western Blot Explanation

Be sure to read whole thread. This is just an excerpt:

This is a quote from Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation (at top of Medical section). It explains why the blood must be drawn on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday only:

"The right way to process the Western blot specimen means for the blood to be drawn and express mailed early in the week.

Research shows the borrelia antibodies have the potential to clump together, resulting in false negative test results. So far, unclumping has not been practical for laboratories to do.

The fresher the specimen, the more accurate the test results. Patients at our office are scheduled Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday if testing is to be done.

This way, express shipping will assure that the specimen does not spend the weekend sitting at the post office. This is the right way to test and ship borreliosis specimens. ". . .

==========================

www.canlyme.com/seronegreasons.html

(27) REASONS WHY A SERONEGATIVE TEST RESULT MIGHT OCCUR
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Debsido
Member # 26714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debsido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never had a bulls eye rash or even remember a tick bite. I did have a rash on my chest though that were little red bummps with white centers that hurt when you would try to pop them like acne. What does 23 outer protein and 41 flagella mean? wondering if anyone has had these results and what helped them to get better. I have had doxy. for 26 days and had terrible reactions or herxing and had to stop on the 26th day. so i wondered if these 2 bands were known for being terrible or what was used(antibiotics) to try and beat this stuff?
Posts: 12 | From Roscoe,Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement