LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? July 26 to Aug 2, 2010

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? July 26 to Aug 2, 2010
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 14 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cdn.davesdaily.com/pictures/755-lazy-dog.jpg (OK..will be back later...tried several times to get a pic that will post but haven't succeed yet.)

What kind of dog day of summer is it for you today?

Thought I would start this week's thread as I don't see one started yet. I could have missed it if so let me know and I will delete this one.

This is a weekly place to come to daily or so to report in on what you were able to do to keep your body moving.

My brain has a lot of pressure this am so not sure what I will recall.

I do recall TuTu is in Texas so she moved her body across state lines. HA!

ALaskan Lone Wolf is adjusting to returning to work but has still been able to get out and walk with her dogs.

MerryGirl got to plant some Butterfly bushes last week. Doing something like that takes a lot of multi tasking and movement so congrats lady.

Karen also is able to work in her garden and took a trip to the big city last week. I think she is still trying to recover. Hope all is well Karen.

Green Girl had a cold but I think was still able to get out and walk last week for a bit.

LA went to the gym for the first time in she/he did not know when (sorry LA..brain can't recall if it is he or she)

I know I am missing some people here. Hopefully, the others will come along and remind us who is missing or check in themselves.

I was able to do more than usual the past two days but it looks like I will be joining my dog in laying around today.

Cathy (sorry, can't recall your penname for LN) had a scary time while traveling but is safely back home now. She was a sick puppy. Hoping you start to feel more human soon Cathy.

[ 07-26-2010, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam... The picture is great! Too funny [lol]

Well, for me... I got all my dogs back home to there owners. Been a very hectic couple weeks having so many dogs.

Been trying to get my house back in order.

Very hot outside... 118 with the heat index today.
I attempted to do some weeding, but with in minutes I was dripping with sweat. Can't handle this heat wave.
Very sad... All my plants and flowers are dieing.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW...thanks for checking in. you were one of the team I forgot but were on my mind as what is her pen name!

Sounds like you and the plants need to join the dog in the pool!

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I am new to this thread. I've gotten so out of shape that I decided to try and do something in the way of exercise today.

Well, I got on my treadmill and by 2.5 minutes, I was watching the timer. [Frown] I managed to walk up to 5 minutes, just barely!

I am so afraid that not only am I going to be cardio-vascularly out of shape but that I'm going to have muscle wasting.

[Frown]

Kim

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

IgM � Igenex Positive & CDC/NYS Positive with 18+ ; 23-25+; 31+; 34+; 41+; 66+; 83-93 (IND)

IgG � Igenex Positive; CDC/NYS Negative with 31+; 39 (IND); 41++; 58+

Posts: 339 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Kim. It is tricky trying to find what works. Glad you were able to move the body today.

Baby steps are often the biggest steps.

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the pic, KAM! Wish that was me! Thanks for starting the thread. I was AWOL yesterday. Went antiquing. I found a dresser and mirror for a very good price. But it meant leaving early and returning very tired. So thanks for starting the week off for us!

Welcome, TN KIM! Kudos for wanting to get on the treadmill. That is a good sign! Now, if that was me I would have stopped at 2.5 minutes. Start slow. And only do it every other day. Pacing is an art that is important with this illness. And not crashing even more. Some of us (me), can't do aerobic at all. If I did I am in bed the next day. But non-aerobic exercise is as beneficial. Hang in there!

Diane, I remember that kind of heat from the Valley of the Sun. Not fun. And hard to see your plants not tolerating it after all of your work!

Today, so far, I have pulled my garlic for the season. I bought some bulbs from Kentucky. I am not sure that they liked my Maine winter. Will have to try some more local varieties. Otherwise, I am going to do housework and get a nap in today. =)

Have a good day, every one!
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...im new to this thread as well. Its been too hot to even TRY to do anything much. Thats assuming i could in the first place. I did walk twice last week...about 10 mins. Havent mustered up the wherewithall to do it this week. YET. Have to do it really late in the evenings. And my gardens dying as well. [Frown] Just dont have the energy to get out there and water. We need rain! Going to do my best to walk tonite tho. If i can get off the couch lol...
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Karen, good to hear from you. You have been on my mind a lot lately so glad you are OK> Love the antique shopping. Yahoo! Makes it so much more fun when you bring something home too.

And flowers or bulbs too. Cool.

I have some home grown garlic here too...not from my home but...that is ok

I use to eat it in cottage cheese but since I have learned cottage cheese and me are not a good idea..I am not sure how to get the garlic down me now.

Welcome Misfit...yes...it is too much to move the body when it is hot out. Sometimes we just got to get through the summer the best we can.

Glad you were able to get out a couple of times last week. I know that lifts my spirits.

Hoping we will get rain here today. Haven't checked the weather report yet. Hot out all ready. Rain cools it off.

Able to walk 10 min on the forest trail near home. Resting now. SAw a baby cottontail and squirrel on the way to the trail. That was fun.

Kayak was on my mind this am. Hoping she checks in this week and all is well.

[ 07-27-2010, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg... is garlic difficlut to grow? Can it tolerate major heat?

Kam...Hope you get some rain. Walking 10 min. in the forest, thats great considering how hot it has been.
I don't even want to walk from my car to the store doors.

Me.... trying to stay cool, humid and hot! We got rain but made it worse outside. YUCK!
Ran some errands and met a new client, thats about it.

Diane

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got timed out yesterday and not able to post.

Yesterday and today-1 mile for me and Rocky.

Thanks for getting things started Kam.

[spinning smile]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good to hear from you ALW. And good to hear you and Rocky were able to get in a mile for the past two days!
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i didnt walk last nite but i did water. And walked around walmart...which counts for a little something right? And one mile! Thats awesome. I used to walk 3 miles 5 days a week. Boy those days are over! Im aspiring to get up to a mile. Maybe when it gets cooler.
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Misfit! Yes, walking around Walmart counts. I can relate to not wanting to do much outdoors with the heat.

Hi, Diane! I think you can grow garlic in the south. I plant mine in the fall. Then harvest in July/August. You can also plant in the spring but the bulbs will be smaller. Perhaps the ones I got from Kentucky would be a better variety for you than me up in the North.

Good job, Aklnwlf! Wish I could walk a mile. I assume Rocky did OK with that distance?

No, exercise for me. I have bursitis of the hip and right deltoid. And fatigue is still a big problem.

Glad you got your forest walk in KAM!

Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greengirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greengirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all.

Yes, cold is finally gone, but now feeling really lyme sick in my lungs. I got to the pool on Tuesday and was able to take my kids to a butterfly garden yesterday. Today I walked to work.

Welcome to the new folks. Really a bit at a time. Sometimes I overdo it and feel worse, then need to take a longer break than I like, so I really need to be disciplined about not doing too much (including chores)

Kgg, hope you get some relief from the bursitis.

ALW, sounds like a nice walk.

Kam, love the pic and love that you get to lay around with your dog. I love getting to cuddle with mine.

Posts: 252 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Will be back to read what others are up to. Going to water therapy as soon as I finish typing this.

Able to do two loads of laundry yesterday. Hoping to be able to put laundry away today along with the laundry that has been sitting there waiting to be put away for quite some time.

Able to gather trash together yesterday and put it out for pick up this morning.

Able to get Rosie to the dog park for a walk in, walk out visit this am, then drove to gas station.

Not able to walk from pump to cashier so drove in front of store and walked in and paid cashier and then drove to pump.

learned if I lean on the island instead of the back of the car that I don't get the gas smell which had been bothering me for quiet some time now. Hoping that works next time too and it was not a fluke.

Drove out to the dirt road that goes to what I call the healing ranch. But, not able to drive the 2 miles to it.

So, let Rosie out of the car and she ran in front of car while I drove. She finally got to stretch her legs.

It was good medicine for me just to be there and see how the rains have provided so much more vegatation in the area.

Feeling a little off this am head wise...

After water therapy, rest, then Rosie has an appointment for her nails and ears. Not sure if I will drive across the street or use power chair to get there.

Groomers comes out to get her so I don't have to walk up the few steps to her building.

Using power chair is rough as it is a rock filled parking lot. OK when body is stronger. AS I type this looks like I will be driving this am.

Vision is being weird this am too. Tricky. Thought maybe it was the windshield. Nope.

Thought maybe it was a smudge on the glasses. Nope.

Just vision being weird.

kam
Member # 3410

Water therapy was a success. Est 10 or 15 min in pool with a few rests. Also able to take sit down shower afterwards.

Adding new exercise...put pool toy over head (it is a round disk) and stretched from side to side.

Amazing how when I start to move the body in a way that it has not moved in a long time how it is so difficult on the brain.

greengirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greengirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam..I too have laundry baskets full of clothes that need to be put away much longer than i like. Sigh. And, I know what you mean about the brain..."whoa fingers, don't do that."

As for the gas, how long? Depending upon where you live, oxygenates are added to gasoline for the summer/hot season, they may be what you're reacting to.

Posts: 252 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Kam! that is so awesome you in the pool and exercising the way that you are. Hope your eyes and brain get better as the day moves on for you.

greengirl... understand about the over doing it.
just when I take longer breaks it usally winds up being the next day before I pick up again. smiles.

aklnwlf... great to see you are still doing those miles.

kgg... I was thinking about starting my fall garden here soon and will check into garlic, I have never grown before.

Me.... a little this and a little of that today.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Diane...a little this and a little that sounds good.

GG...funny about the fingers. Butterfly garden sounds very pleasant.

Karen...how are you doing?

Msfit..walmart is a tricky place to walk around....lights, movement, smells, noise...I'd give you extra credit for that one.

Fell asleep in the recliner after this mornings activity which is usual when I am able to do more than usual.

Almost 1:30 pm now. Rosie is letting me know it is time to take her out to toilet.

Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Nothing for me today. Am sick, feverish and in pain. On the couch in my robe. Unusual for me cause im always hot. My own fault tho. I blew it yesterday. Hope you all are having good days!
kgg
Member # 5867

Sounds like every one has been busy! I have been a couch potato for two days with hip pain. I don't think I even did dishes. Down for the count.

Best,
Karen

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam thanks for thinking of me. I also have loads of laundry that need washing/folding. I have to go to the laundromat though, washer is busted!

I went to the beach today. No real exercise. Feeling the pain today.

I hope everyone had a great day, I am also not feeling to great

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang!! I'm BAAAACCKK!! Yep, I moved my body across state lines and all over Texas. Whew!! We had a great time and lots of mileage!!

Got to attend the band directors' convention in San Antonio. Even went to see the Alamo again. That was an honor. Very hot and muggy that day.

But all in all, it was wonderful.

We came home to NO air conditioning. Still sitting in the heat. This is NOT good for my heart or anything else!!

It's 9:30 PM and it's 88 degrees in here. Hope to get it fixed tomorrow.. but who knows. The tech was here last night and this morning... still not working. Arrggh!

[rant]

It's too hot for me to sit at the computer, but I'm checking it from time to time. I'll be "in and out" till it gets fixed.

Back to the FANS!!

[Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Tutu..hope that air conditioning gets fixed soon. Glad you are back.

I do recall putting my swim suit on and taking a cold shower then leaving the swim suit on and putting shoes over it to stay cool sometime in my life.

Also putting a zip loc bag on top of my head full of ice and using a hat to keep it there.

Don't know if I could do that now. Guessing that was when I was healthy and without air.

Melissa, the beach sounds great. Going to the laundry mat does not sound like much fun.

I go down the hall to a room with 2 washers and 2 dryers. Life is more do able when you have a washer and dryer at home especially with kids and hubbies clothes to do.

Hope your washer gets fixed soon.

Karen. Hope you are doing better soon too.

I too was a couch potatoe Thursday afte 10 am and Friday. Not sure what today will bring. Hoping to be able to do a few things.

We had buckets of rain yesterday.

Misfit...hope you are doing better today and got the rest you needed.

End of July today. Shaking head. Wow. Looking forward to the fall.

kgg
Member # 5867

Welcome back, Lymetoo! Your trips sounds great except for the humidity.

Good to have you home.

Karen

greengirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25316

One of my worst nights in a long time last night. Not much doing today. A load of laundry. A load of dishes.

Lymetoo, glad you had a good trip. Good luck getting that AC runnign.

kam
Member # 3410

GG...hoping tonight is a much better night for you.

Able to walk into 2 thrift shops today. Looking for curtain rods. Had to keep it short...in and out.

But rare I am able to walk in. WE had buckets of rain today. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

Sunday, Aug 1st.

HOw are you all doing today?

I am waiting for the excedrin to kick in and then hoping I will be able to move the body a bit...mostly inflamed brain or ? is keeping me from doing things this am.

Weather has been very nice lately but heard it is going to get hot again this week.

I like to get in the car and go for a drive when we get the monsoons. It amazes me how quickly those dry creek beds fill up with an abundance of water.

It was flowing over the street I was on the other day. I decided not to go through it and went around.

Glad I did as when I drove down Main street and looked over to the street there was a police man wading up to his knees in it along with two cars stuck in the water.

A tow truck was there on my way back. A couple hours later and the water flow was low enough to cross over.

Many of the dry creek beds had water levels really close to overflowing and could not have taken much more rain. It was raining buckets for a short time. Amazing the amount of water those clouds can hold. I read somewhere how heavy they are but forgot now.

Wanted to drive out to the verde river and see how it was doing but brain was not doing well enough to drive 55 mph for 6 miles. Maybe next time.

Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Wow...sounds like a lot of rain. Its so hot and dry here that i notice the grass is starting to die. And today will be a scorcher..the weather channel said our heat indices will be 115! Im so hoping thats a typo. This heat has me slammed. But were having a pool party for my sons b-day so maybe ill get some gentle exercise in. I need it..im stiff and sore today. Hoping for the best for all! Tutu..welcome back!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEA!! The air was fixed last night.. and by the time we went to bed it was a "cool" 80 degrees. Woke up to 74!! Woo hooo!!

Air conditioning is bliss! [Cool]

Thanks for all the welcoming back, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone....really enjoyed just reading everyone's updates! So uplifting! Wonderful tips on keeping cool, too!

I need some help on modulating exercise. Who woulda thunk it? I used to post on this thread about walking a mile here and there; then it had been so long that I've been bedridden and unable to do a thing, I haven't posted in forever.

But now I have a pool, and I've started swimming. And I've been so busy swimming I didn't come and post it every day, LOL!!! I was going to....but I kept track of it in my Lyme log. (www.lymelog.com.) Anyway...now I am having trouble having any clue about modulating it.

I have clearly missed days due to bad weather and when I feel horrible. But I just swam a streak of five consecutive days, about 20 minutes a day of nonstop swimming, and I am in agony. Here's what I wrote in my Lyme Log last night:

"I really overdid it with swimming. Today I felt very tired, but I forced myself to swim anyway. When I first started my arms and legs felt like lead weights and I was very out of breath. As I kept going it got a little better, but I had to take breaks in between; compared to the last few days where I have breezed right through it.

Then when I went to bed, late at night the pain set in. It was awful; my joints hurt horribly! It was very painful but my legs also felt restless; very hard to describe, like I needed to move them but if I moved them at all they hurt like hell. I took 800 mg of Ibuprophen, which I am not supposed to take being on Coumadin. That did nothing. After suffering for a couple hours I broke down and took 2 Vicodin which finally took the pain away.

A while later I was still aching all over though my joints felt better so I took 10 mg of Valium which is prescribed for muscle pain though I very rarely take it. What a painful night, all in all. I need to learn how to modulate myself with exercise. I guess today I really needed to listen to my body. I knew I felt too tired to exercise; I've swam several days in a row without a break and could tell I was too tired to swim.

It could also be that my adrenals are overtaxed; and I realize I haven't been taking any supplements in over a week; which means I haven't taken any adrenal supplements. So between that and being physically exhausted I should not have swam today. I was just gliding along with ease up until today, thinking I was doing great, dammit!"

I am assuming I should take today off, but then there's that school of thought that when you are in pain you should push through it or else you will "freeze up"...and that pushing through it will help you to get past it.

HELP!!! Thanks in advance! And remember, I've gone from being basically bedridden and doing nothing for about 3 years to swimming like this for about the past 3 - 4 weeks.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Misfit...hope you were able to enjoy the pool. I use to be OK when it was hot if I was around water. Now. I am not so sure.

Tutu...hurray...cool comfort!

I was finally able to vacuum. I had mud on my power chair wheels when I came in. It dried. Then when I used my power chair around the apartment the dirt came off. So glad to finally get the dirt vacuumed up.

I also was able to do something else...oh yes..went to the rodeo grounds. Able to be on my feet about 5 min.

The trail that was once there is no longer so I just walked along the fence line. Lot of clay mud plus rocks...tough walking. But, Rosie did her business and that is what we were there for.

That and new smells of course. She really has the nose to the ground in that area for some reason. Most likely javelina scent.

going back to see how much of Tracy's post I can get through before the brain goes. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

Tracy..it put a smile on my face to hear that you are in the pool.

I, too, have the problem with the legs that you have when i over do it.

it is tricky figuring things out but you will with time.

kam
Member # 3410

PS You also reminded me that I have not been taking my adrenal support supplement.
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to new comers and hi there TuTu.

I was down in San Antonio last year in July and remember how hot it was.

It's been real hot here this summer, around 101 and 102!

Helped my Mom with a yard sale all day yesterday in the heat and today am still trying to recover.

So helping my Mom and doing a little laundry and house work since Wednesday.

See you all next week!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I am herxing from taking my meds properly for the last 5 days. I feel wretched!

SO no exercise for me today. But wnated to say hi just the same.

Have a great day tomorrow and maybe I will post soemthing about exercise.

lol

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi-sorry i haven't been checking in. its that thing that when you feel good and start to do real life stuff and you want to pretend your not a lymie...its happening to me.

bessie is going great. i wish i could post a pic of us. the owner of the barn likes me a lot and is letting me ride 7 days a week for the price of 3.

tonight for the first time(in a long time) kris started playing. he ran away and then stopped and stared at me and waited for me to say come and then he ran to me like a crazy dog. its an old game we used to play at one beach in nh. he did it about 5 times and then was pretty sore---but happy. i gave him his tramadol and he took a nap.

i've also been walking a full hour now...but not everyday. its really been hot and no sea breeze. but a few times a week i do it.

and i keep thinking about my kayak but just haven't gotten it together to go yet. but i think i am finally strong enough.

ive lost over 20 pounds in the last two months with the riding and walking. that maks 40 altogether in the last 6 months...so i'm pretty happy about that.

i have had to put time and energy into packing up my fat clothes and finding my next size down clothes---(two sizes down really)but i had to buy some new ones cuz i don't have 100 degree clothes since i came from nh to nj

i am really doing well and i think it is two things:

1. constant sweating-at least 16 hours a day-sometimes more. the heat is gross here-i take a shower and by the time i dry off i'm sweating again. but i think it is really detoxing me

2. buhner tea. it still happens that when i stop it for some reason i go backwards. i have been taking 1/2 cup a day of a really strong batch i made and i can't believe my energy. i did a lot today and i'm not ready for bed yet. i rode, packed, did tons of laundry and cooked for two hours....its almost like back in the day when i was supermom.

so i'm just gonna be grateful here and enjoy it. i think this is the longest i have gone in the last 5 years without going into the hospital.

i'm gonna do a parasite post in medical cuz something happened to me - but i'm probably too tired tonight. its after midnight and i feel like i can sleep---so nite.

ohhhh! to the new ppl. i was where you are a very short time ago. within the year. two years ago i was in a wheelchair. i remember exercising for 2-3 min and thinking i would die. my suggestion is slow it way down but don't stop. just do what you can in one day. often a 24 hr rest is necessary between sessions at first (read dr.b's exercise writings)

but mostly hang in-be creative about what you CAN do...think positive...and just do something each day. don't beat yourself up about how little it is. take care all.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW lpkayak...20 pounds in two months???? And walking for an hour? That's amazing!

What an inspiration you are!!!

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi again-gee-where is everyone?

it seems to be the horseback riding that reeally makes the weight come off me. walking helps. but when i ride there is an hour of getting the horse ready and hour riding and then an hour of taking care of the horse after and i think the 3 hour s of steady work-harder than i am used to is what is making the weight come off.

but it is the buhner tea or the sweating that is giving me the energy to actually do it.

its good to talk to you tracy...you have been thru so much

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Awww...thanks. You are really doing great!!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

WEll, I missed exercise again today. Haven't been since we got back.

I went to see the "Diana Collection" here. It was pretty good, but not great. Got to see some of her dresses. One green velvet dress was very interesting because it had an "imprint" of William's hand.. from hanging onto "mummy." Amazing.

I went with a friend from high school. We graduated together in Houston many years ago! We've both been living in this small town for more than 14 yrs. Just now met here!!

I found out about 6 yrs ago that she was here, but I didn't know her married name. Finally connected with her last fall on our high school website.

That was cool getting to spend time together. She owns a motel and is so busy it's been hard for her to find the time.

Our AC is still iffy. It was 80 degrees this morning and has been hovering there all day. We have it set at 70. It was 101 today. I'm going back to Texas where it is cool!! (ha, .. not quite!) But at least it was raining there!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement