LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I just did a goofy Lyme thing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just did a goofy Lyme thing
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a sudden moment of panic because I noticed that my cell phone was no longer on my desk at work. I started trying to remember if I brought it back from the break room at lunch, or whether I had put it in my locker, or if someone could have come in when I was away from desk and taken it.

At the time, I had the phone to my ear, waiting for my LLMD's office to answer my call. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Wanda Sykes did something similar. She spoke about it in her comedy routine lol

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't feel bad, lightattheend!

I do silly things like that all the time.

At least you know you are not alone! [lol]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as my grandma used to say about misplaced objects that were staring you in the face, "If it was a snake, it woulda bit ya." [Smile]

My mom's was, "You'd lose your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders." Probably more appropriate now than when I was a kid, haha.

--------------------

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i've done things like that.

like putting my clothes on over my pajames and going to work.

wearing two different colored heels of different heights to work.

putting milk in the utility room and frozen stuff in the cabinet.

oh, i could go on and on...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol! I do that stuff all the time. Im always looking for my glasses and theyll be on top of my head. Silly me...
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep the phone thing!!!! LOL
oh and the sunglasses on your head thing too!!!

Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time when my boys were small, I was running errands.
I glanced in the back of the car -- and they weren't in the back seat!

There I was, driving down the road, in a panic, trying to remember where my children were.
I ALWAYS had them with me.

This was kind of like the dream I sometimes had, where I couldn't find the baby.

Actually, I can't remember now where I had dropped them off, but they were fine...I just was not used to driving anywhere without bringing them along.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Too funny! Hey, we have to laugh at ourselves!!!

Hugs,
Kim

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

IgM � Igenex Positive & CDC/NYS Positive with 18+ ; 23-25+; 31+; 34+; 41+; 66+; 83-93 (IND)

IgG � Igenex Positive; CDC/NYS Negative with 31+; 39 (IND); 41++; 58+

Posts: 339 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually try not to tell anyone when I've been looking for something I'm holding in my hand...they just think I'm a happy person when I start to giggle about it.

[ 08-05-2010, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SEREN J WEED
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEREN J WEED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one! About 5 minutes after my friend left my home, I saw his cell phone on my dining table.

I quickly ran and got my cell and proceded to call his number to tell him he forgot his phone.

His phone then rang on the table and I realized what a dope I was. Also a whole lot of times with the glasses on the head

--------------------
SEREN WEED

Posts: 116 | From LOS ANGELES | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good one, you made me laugh!!!

I've done it myself...

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol] [lol]
OH, I NEVER do things like THAT!!! [lol] [bonk]

I was a mere 8 or 9 yrs old when I went to school with my pajamas "panties" on under my clothes. They were short like underwear. I came home for lunch and was shocked to see what I had done!!

In my defense, I probably had Lyme already at that time!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

This morning I put my hand on the faucet handle, and then forgot how to turn my shower on.

(In my defense, it's not one of those single levers; there are 3 knobs to turn.)

Luckily it came to me after a minute.

--------------------

slcd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slcd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've totally done the phone thing except I usually just have it in my hand, ready to walk out the door, and I'll go into a complete frenzy looking around trying to find it.

A few weeks ago I was didn't realize until I got to work that I had never changed from my flip-flips to my work shoes after I took the trash out. That was a $20 sprint to Walmart since we had people from our corporate office coming in that day! lol

Posts: 415 | From Canton, GA United States | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the office I was making a coffee for a client who takes milk. I opened 3 of thelittle containors and poured them onto the counter instead of in the cup. scarey
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
slcd.. Yeah, I went to the store in "houseshoes" one day. The good thing is that they are perfectly acceptable these days. They are Crocs!

I just choose not to wear them in public. I know. I'm weird... they're not even the ugly crocs. They're more like closed-toe slippers.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think im getting dangerous...i was cooking fresh yellow squash and forgot. Burned it to a crisp. Also made fresh green beans that i forgot to snap the ends off of. That was my job as a kid...i know to snap the beans. Forgot i was cooking them too. [Frown]
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slcd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slcd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Lymie brain told me that I had to cook some rice in the microwave for 20 minutes instead of 2 minutes...I blew up the microwave and had so much smoke pouring into the house that I had to grab my then infant daughter and take her out for a few hours while the smoke cleared... ;-)
Posts: 415 | From Canton, GA United States | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's lame, but typical. Was shaving my legs with an electric razor today and thought "Hey. This doesn't seem to be working."

Of course, the clear plastic cover was still on the razor.

Most comfortable shave ever...

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missy Joy
Member # 27685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missy Joy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These posts are so encouraging. The forgetfulness and brain fog are the most disturbing symptoms I am dealing with. It is so good to know I am not alone - hunting for things that aren't lost, forgetting what I cooking, quick panic attacks for the silliest things. I am just so glad that people around me cannot read my mind!!!! If they only knew....

--------------------
I've probably had Lyme since 2003, but started treatment after more tick bites in June of 2010.

Posts: 8 | From Eastern Shore Of Maryland | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement