LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » LIGHTWORKS!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LIGHTWORKS!!!!!!
jeffe
Member # 13034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK i have looked ALL over, I keep hearing people on how great they herxed from it, I have one, I have felt nothing, I am sure i'm not using it right. But I cant' get ANYONE to tell me how they use theirs.

Please if anyone has any novel ideas of setting or points on the body please pm me or something!

thanks

Posts: 23 | From mass | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
No one ever has a "great" herx. All herxes are bad and hard on us in many ways.

I've read several of the threads on this and don't recall reading that the SOTA LIGHTWORKS producing a herx. Maybe some other LED light systems do, though, or in combination with other methods. I've focused mainly on reading about SOTA.

Still, it should help increase circulation and offer some level of pain relief.

It's really best to avoid a herx, doing all you can with pacing and support measures. A herx is very taxing and, although common and sometimes unavoidable, it is not necessary for healing.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought my Lightworks when I was making a decision about whether to go to Germany for Bionic 880 treatment. I thought it was a relatively inexpensive "test" before I decided to invest in the trip for a more expensive treatment and machine.

I did feel something from the Lightworks. I don't know whether it was good or bad, but I did feel something, so I decided light did something and went for the more-complete Bionic 880 therapy, which uses nosodes along with the treatment.

My daughter used it on her parakeet that had a hernia. The parakeet seems to love to bask in the light. Somehow her hernia gets better with the light. I talked to the vet about it and he said he has also used an infrared light for healing and it's been nothing short of miraculous, so he completely believes it helps the bird. This bird is ten years old and has been near death in the past.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jeffe:
But I cant' get ANYONE to tell me how they use theirs.

BTW, I'm one of the few people here who have one and I have never refused to answer a question that I've been asked on the board. I don't know who you have asked, but since it's well known that I have one and that I used light treatment to get well, I wanted to set the record straight that I did not refuse to answer your questions. Your PM to me around the same time you made this post was the FIRST time I heard from you regarding your Lightworks.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Also look up posts by CarolinPA - she has one. You can search the archives, too.

Basically, you use it (as directed by the manufacturer) on painful areas to increase circulation. As I understand it, this is supportive therapy in addition to other methods that directly affect spirochetes.

I'm speculating that it may be used on specific acupuncture points or meridians, though, and that MAY be helpful to a more involved relief than just using it on any ole sore spots.

There are some kinds of infrared lights used for the ears, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol recommends the Lightworks all the time in chat! She's really sold on it. She usually sleeps during much of the day, so will probably respond this evening.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Lightworks the device that is hand held and is used for certain areas of the body to relieve pain? If so, I have it at home and seems to worked well on my painful hip.

Janice

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what it is. It relieves inflammation , according to Carol who recommends it for about everything!

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I used a similar, but stronger device for treating infection. I used it in combination with homeopathic nosodes.

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a group on www.lymefriends.org called "Lightworks", and in the group all the instructions for using it are posted. Check it out. I recently copied and pasted them from a few sources when someone else asked the question.

Carol however does know a great deal about how to use it and can rattle off the answers better than anyone. She has had me use ours for things like nausea, even putting it on my stomach and just letting it cycle through helped me out immensely with nausea during a horrible Bart herx.

I have found it very helpful with pain, but you can only treat a small area at a time. It does really work, though.

Basically if you just turn the thing on and hold over the spot that hurts, and let it cycle through, you can't go wrong. Red light side is for skin, like a cut, clear side is for deeper things, like sore muscles.

I just let it cycle through repeatedly when I have a lot of pain. Again, it saved me during a bart herx with horrible burning soles. I stuck it in my socks and just kept moving it; used it for about two straight hours until I'd gotten all of the bottoms of my feet.

Which reminds me, I should be using it now for inflammation and pain in my neck and head.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement