LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Video of some of my muscle twitches

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Video of some of my muscle twitches
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 4 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is easiest to see the twitching if you click on the video and let it actually take you to YouTube and then you expand the video screen!

These were some twitches from this morning ... I have these every single time I lie down and also throughout the day while sitting at my computer.

I'm sure MANY of you can relate!

A red box will pop up at the location of each twitch... the first one is about .33 into the video so it takes a while to start!

BE SURE THAT THE RED "SPEAK OUT" ICON IS CLICKED IN ORDER FOR THE RED BOXES (ANNOTATIONS) TO APPEAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAWvKGYzhek

[ 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: TN Kim ]

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

IgM � Igenex Positive & CDC/NYS Positive with 18+ ; 23-25+; 31+; 34+; 41+; 66+; 83-93 (IND)

IgG � Igenex Positive; CDC/NYS Negative with 31+; 39 (IND); 41++; 58+

Posts: 339 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They must drive you nuts! Hard to fall asleep, I'm sure!

um... I couldn't see anything... what am I doing wrong? Figured out how to enlarge (amazing I figured that out!!) .. but then...

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused ... lol ... so once you enlarged it you could see? Did you see the red boxes I added

to point out where each twitch would be? The first twitch is about .33 seconds into the video.

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

IgM � Igenex Positive & CDC/NYS Positive with 18+ ; 23-25+; 31+; 34+; 41+; 66+; 83-93 (IND)

Posts: 339 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no boxes.. let me go again... maybe I didn't wait long enough. Headed back!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

(OH me... I am SO impatient! didn't wait long enough!!)

YES, I SAW them!!! OMG! How DO you ever get to sleep??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's annoying for sure! Did you see the red boxes? Sometimes when I go they are not there ...

you have to make sure the red "speakout" icon for annotations is clicked.

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

Lymetoo
Member # 743

They were there... I would have no idea how to activate them! [bonk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Ok, thanks! I don't know why they don't just make them stay "on" if you go to the trouble of making them! [Wink]

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I get twitching on my face sometimes and it's really annoying. This looks pretty annoying too.
Has it gotten any better with treatment?

Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Opus ... no, not yet! I have had this since pretty much the beginning of my onset of illness.

Just started Rifampin a few days ago .. maybe that will help with this?

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

INEBG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INEBG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing that. They look like hiccups. I've had that in my bladder in the past. Does that happen if you are moving around, or only when you are relaxed. Question - it may be shadows, but on the video it looks like you have the same discoloration, blue veins, and "bruising" from knee to ankle along the shin as I do - do you? Do you know what it is?
Posts: 212 | From San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

INEBG, no I don't have bruising like you described, I guess it was a shadow.

I get twitches in various places ... just had a couple right now ... while sitting at my computer.

I don't know if they are "worse" when lying down or just easier to notice???

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

echorox
Member # 11969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echorox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, I get them also
mine are probably not as frequent as the person on the video
I get them when resting and its an involuntary twitch or more like an all- over bodily jolt lasting a few seconds..bizzare stuff

Posts: 46 | From waterford, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lot of symptoms like this. My doctor told me "You're making it twitch so you can get attention."

Really? Seriously? That's all I could think.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Be sure to tell your LLMD. As frightening as this is, it is really very common with lyme. Still, your LLMD should know and you both should reassess your support supplements and nutritional intake.

I also had lots of similar twitches (and much more pronounced ones that would even throw me off the bed).

If this is happening when you are sitting, be sure to assess your ergonomics. Feldenkrais is good for that.

Massage and Magnesium were the very best help. My guess is that your magnesium level is very low. Calcium and other minerals & electrolytes, too.

Yoga stretches can be helpful but most helpful would be full body cranial-sacral therapy with someone trained in the UPLEDGER method (Google for those near you trained in this style).

Restorative Yoga - also very important

When these twitches start, it is important to reposition your body. Go to the source - where the muscles that is twitches "starts" and gently massage and stretch that. The contraction should subside.

What is your current dose - and how often -- for magnesium? This appears classic magnesium deficiency which is very common with lyme.

======================

www.upledger.com

The Upledger Institute

----
www.iahp.com/pages/search/index.php

Find a Practitioner Trained in Upledger Techniques

=================

www.myofascialrelease.com

MYOFASCIAL RELEASE

JOHN F. BARNES, P.T. is one of the top experts on myofascial release. After a surgery, this can help reduce - or soften - adhesions that typically occur.

---
www.myofascialrelease.com/mfr/mfr_what.asp

What is Myofascial Release?

(Great illustration with the pulled sweater.)

-----
http://mfr.somapt.com

Find a Myofascial Release Therapist

=========================

Licensed Massage Therapists (LMT) also are very helpful. You can search for their licensing organization in your state and contact your local lyme support groups for those LMTs who are good with lyme patients.

=========================

For ergonomics and posture, etc:

www.feldenkrais.com

FELDENKRAIS METHOD
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
These twitches appear to be a degree of myoclonus. Magnesium deficiency can cause myoclonus.

=============================

http://www.mbschachter.com/importance_of_magnesium_to_human.htm

The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition

(thanks to Carol in PA for this link)

=======================

For further reference, you might find this book - and some of the links below - of interest.

This book holds great information about treatments options and support measures:

http://tinyurl.com/6lq3pb (through Amazon)

THE LYME DISEASE SOLUTION (2008)

- by Kenneth B. Singleton , MD; James A. Duke. Ph.D. (Foreword)

You can read more about it here and see customer reviews.

Web site: www.lymedoctor.com

==================

http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

Nutritional Supplements in Disseminated Lyme Disease

J.J. Burrascano, Jr., MD (2008)

====================

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

Magnesium - 78917 abstracts

** Magnesium, myoclonus - 18 abstracts **

======================

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art751&zTYPE=2

* (low) Magnesium Levels Linked To Irregular Heart Beat

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1715&zTYPE=2

* Magnesium: The Key to Health and Life

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art588&zTYPE=2

* Magnesium: The Underappreciated Mineral of Life Part I

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1634&zTYPE=2

* Magnesium: The Underappreciated Mineral of Life Part II
-
-----------

All this on magnesium is partly because it has helped me so much. However, be sure to ask your doctor. Most lyme patients are very low in magnesium as the infections seem to do that.

Some are concerned that the magnesium can "feed" infection, however, if the body is severely depleted the body must be replenished as magnesium is a necessary mineral for survival.

Taking magnesium with B-6 helps it get into our cells better. And B-6 is a calming vitamin, too.
-

[ 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

echorox ... the person in the video is ME ... ha ha!

Thank you all for your input! I did tell my LLMD about these just last week at my visit. That is

when he added the Rifampin and also Coenzyme B Complex, DHEA, and something called MaxGxL which I

ordered and am waiting to arrive by mail. He's never said anything about Magnesium deficiency ...

don't know if that was one of the many things checked in my blood panels or not. I do, however,

take Epsom Salt baths to try and help with that. Oh, and I had to order the Coenzyme B Complex online

as our local stores including GNC did not carry it! So .. maybe that will help with twitches once

I am able to start it?
EDIT: Keebler, I will look over your links! TY!

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Epson salts (warm, not hot) bath can help but it will not come close to supplying all the magnesium you need throughout the day. Not even close. I needed much more, 3 or 4 times a day.

Source Naturals has a good magnesium blend. NaturalCalm is nice, too. I take 1,000 - 2,000 mg a day to keep the myoclonus down.

WHICH MaxGXL are you getting? There are several types. This could be promising.

Choices: http://maxgxl.com/max4u/pages/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:com.max.web.page.IndexProductPage&view=shop&showOnlyProds

Is this it? The basic one: MaxGXL ingredients:

http://www.maxenespanol.com/docs/7MaxGXLIngredients.pdf
-

TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Ok, I'll try to remember and ask my LLMD specifically about Magnesium!

It is just called MaxGxL and he said to take the full dose. It was ordered through his office so I

didn't actually get to see it. I know it's over $80.00 per month though, so I sure HOPE it's good!!!

[Wink]
EDIT: Oh, and my Glutathione levels were very low so I know this is supposed to help that!

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I clearly saw the twitches in the red boxes once I enlarged the picture to full screen. It must be really annoying!

I'm fortunate to have had only mild twitching a couple of times in my lower lip. Then once my left elbow/arm (the one that hurts all the time) gave ma little twitching number. Nothing since then, though.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17yrsAndCouting
Member # 27961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17yrsAndCouting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,
I have a new handle but I am not new to these boards although I have not been on them in almost 3 years. Since it's been so long I could not remember my old name so I created a new one.. I wanted to comment on this post.. I too have horrible twitches and spasms all over my body.. To the point at night when trying to sleep they would lift me off the mattress and one night we thought I snapped my neck.

Since I have not had an LLMD in 8 yrs my MD put me on Ativan 1 mg three times a day and it's pretty much stopped the spasms although I still can not fall asleep on my side.. When I try too I still twitch but only when laying on my side.. Still not sure why this is..

Posts: 5 | From South East USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement