LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » what you have "dumb" lately?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what you have "dumb" lately?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't believe i did this. well, i can, but geezz....

i was cleaning house and doing laundry. went into the utility room to get some cleaning stuff.

i kept looking around for my dirty clothes.

egads, i had put my dirty clothes in the trash!!! and my trash in the laundry bin.

thank heavens, i caught it in time. i had my nightgown, some of mike's stuff, etc.

i can't believe i did this.

this is almost as bad as me wearing my pajamas under my clothes to work....

or the time i had on one flat shoe and one heel of a different color at work...

or the time i .....ah, well, you get the picture...

it ain't no fun being one taco short of a combination plate all the time.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got out of bed.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am NOT laughing. I refuse to laugh.

[lol]

[lol]

[lol]

Oops!

I am so glad someone else is one sandwich short of a picnic. At least I am not alone!

[lol]

BTW- I never do dumb things.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joyful
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. I went to the grocery store with only one kid (left the other one with her dad). Every few minutes I'd panic and think I'd lost a kid! Then I'd remember she was home with dad. Duh!

--------------------
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
Psalm 139:14
http://confessionsofalymie.wordpress.com/

Posts: 113 | From down South | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SEREN J WEED
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEREN J WEED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend that does my laundry every other Saturday. My laundry room is down stairs at my building which I can't navagate safely.

The day he came over I had it ready by the door. He asked why my laundry was there as the day

wasn't Saturday, it was Wednesday. Oh well, it will wait until Saturday. That's just my latest screw up!

--------------------
SEREN WEED

Posts: 116 | From LOS ANGELES | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility of me doing something so foolish that my first reaction is to look around to make sure no one saw it!

Or as Brittany once sang, "Oops, I did it again." [bonk]

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter was out ad selling this past week. Someone wanted her phone number to call her back. She says to me "Mom, I wrote my phone number on their paper,and I think I wrote the wrong number."

I just looked at her like she was crazy. She just laughed about it. She said it was her lyme brain and she was having "one of those days" I think it is compounded by being overly tired.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have run the dryer without any clothes in it...and have almost done it again, a few times.

I was in the bathroom and I was reading the Draino bottle it said it's "Guaranteed to clear TOTAL blockages"

I sat there for probably 2 mins really TOTAL. I kept saying TO Tawl, Tot awl, and then it hit me and I'm like ohhh TOTAL!!

I do that alot when I'm reading, words I know but can't figure them out.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other morning we were running behind and I was frantically looking for my keys and my sunglasses to take my son to school.

I looked EVERYWHERE and I yelled for my son to come help me look because we were running late. He yelled to me to just sit down and relax and think about where the last place was that I saw them.

Of course, I'm completely blank. So he comes downstairs and walks over to me and smiles and said "You really don't know where you left them???" and I said no, this is not the time to be funny we have to go, just help me.

He then pointed out that in my left hand were my keys and on top of my head were my sunlgasses.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a special trip to the pharmacy to pick up my meds. While there, I purchased some instant coffee & had to bartor with the clerk over the sale price.

I left my meds on the counter....now I have to travel the 25 miles to the pharmacy to pick them up.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I made a shake for my daughter. I put in the fruit, the soy milk, an egg, some yogurt and turned on the blender and WHIR CRACKLE POP!

"What was that?" my husband and son yelled from the other room.

"I don't know," I replied and turned it on again. WHIR CRACKLE POP POP! "Oh, it's the spoon I left in the blender."

Sheesh! Anyone want a used blender?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to see if I can throw objects of trash like a balled up sheet ot paper or peach pit into waste basket across the room from my bed.

Last night, I missed and was surprised to see my reading glasses had landed near the waste basket and the peach pit was on my nightstand.

Today, I can't find the remote for my TV. Have barely left bedroom today. Pretty sure it's not in the wastebasket. Better check the bathroom.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty funny, Marz! Made me chuckle!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've done so many things i can't count.

you know, like, going grocery shopping and putting mayonnaise in the cabinet instead of fridge.

i've even mailed bills without signing the checks.

lost glasses that were on my head. forgot to pick up prescriptions, etc.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladycakes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladycakes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do the reading thing a lot. I saw the word "misled"... but I read it as "mizzled".

Worse, I said - out loud - "what the hell is mizzled?"

Posts: 306 | From Brownsville, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are cracking me up!

Of course, I NEVER do dumb things---oh, wait: I often am looking everywhere for my reading glasses, only to discover that they are on top of my head!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tipped my hair dresser 40% !!!!!!!!
Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Needing Hope
Member # 28067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Needing Hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new here, so I hope it's ok that I reply. You all cracked me up, and you have no idea how badly I needed a laugh! Especially the reading part. I struggle to understand my favorite books. I used to love to read, but now it's so frustrating because I simply can't understand what I'm reading!

The next time my poor brain forgets what I'm doing or can't form a sentence, I'll try to remember "what the hell is mizzled"? It's so hard to laugh at myself when I remember who I used to be but have to live with who I am now - a lymie.

Thanks so much for showing me how to laugh at myself. God bless!

--------------------
Sick since 12/98. Finally Diagnosed with Lyme 4/10.

Posts: 45 | From IL | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called across the house to my husband, but instead of calling his name, I called my name!

we both laughed,
but then it kinda freaked us out

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
echorox
Member # 11969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echorox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dog called Rufus once and I kept him inside a small wooden shed. When it came to securing him inside that shed one night I coaxed him over using the usual doggie treat.
I then threw the doggie buscuit onto the floor of the shed and proceeded to go into the shed myself and locked the door behind me...
after a few minutes I thought "Duh" -"something's wrong with this picture"
I think even Rufus was laughing at that one!!

Posts: 46 | From waterford, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbyjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i WAS MAKING HARD BOILED EGGS, I BOILED SOME WATER, THEN PROCEEDED TO CRACK THE EGGS AND PUT THEM IN!

I ALSO INTRODUCED SOMEONE THE OTHER DAY, AND THEN A FEW MINUTES LATER PROCEEDED TO INTRODUCE THEM

AGAIN, THEY LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS CRAZY, THEY WERE LIKE "YEAH, WE KNOW, YOU JUST INTRODUCED US A

MINUTE AGO. SCARY, BECAUSE I DIDN'T REMEMBER AT ALL!!

--------------------
abbyjo

Posts: 255 | From Southern CA. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to know I'm in good company. Needed a good laugh. Thank you everybody for sharing! All VERY relatable stories.

My husband and I both have Lyme and cos, so lots of freaky stuff is always happening in our house. And we have post its EVERYWHERE!!! It's the only way we can remember to do things. Last time my husband got the pack of post its that were all different bright colors. Can't stand it!!!!! Too many bright colors splotched everywhere. I need to go back to my calm yellow.

Still laughing at the stories above. Thanks for the chuckle.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
things randomly disappear!

never to be found again,

for example:

spices, birth certificate, clothes, etc,

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joyful
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the laughs [Smile] It's good to poke fun at ourselves I think...healthy [Smile]

My hubby is constantly laughing at me because I'll ask him a question and then a minute later have to ask him again because I forgot his answer, lol.

--------------------
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
Psalm 139:14
http://confessionsofalymie.wordpress.com/

Posts: 113 | From down South | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few autumns ago, the year my son was born, I went to an outdoor nursery to buy cornstalks to attach to the front entry pillars of my home. I examined all of them, lifting them up and hoping to chose the fullest one.

They were on all sides of the building and required two hands to examine. Putting down everything I had carried with me to search for the best, it wasn't until the stalks were loaded and the baby wasn't, that I realized I had left him laying in his carrier on a stony dirt pathway on the other side of the building.

When I remembered him (I first had to remember him), I then had to remember where he was. [shake] [bonk]

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember someone on lymenet a couple of years ago tell that they wore a toboggan on their head for their headaches.

It wasn't meant to be funny, since I guess that's what they call a certain kind of tight fitting cap in the south.

But in the north where I live it has a totally different connotation and when I read it, I laughted so loud for so long imagining this person with a sled on their head.

Still laugh when I think of it!!!

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

echorox - your just got a belly laugh!! did you hear it echoing across the ocean? i bet the dog WAS laughing!!! [lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

I was at a clothing store and saw the most perfect dress.

It was a beautiful wine color! I had been looking for years for a dress that color.

I tried it on and it was a great fit, so I bought it.

When I took it home, and showed my husband, I was so disappointed!

The dress was NOT a purple/wine color! IT was ROYAL BLUE!!!!

This happened before I was diagnosed, and all sorts of weird things were happening!

But THAT topped it all!

I thought " How in the world did I manage to see it as purple!!!,, when it was really actually blue?"

Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to parent teacher conference thurs nite. This is a very small school..the kind where all grades are in one big building and each grade has one classroom. I went to the 1st grade class and was having a nice conversation with the teacher about general stuff. I finally asked her "so hows *** doing so far this year"? She looked at me like i was nuts and thats when it hit me...and i headed down to the FOURTH grade class. [bonk]
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Misfit,

That made me laugh.

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've enjoyed all of these, but Echorox, yours made me laugh out loud.

I could relate to so many! Early on, I rented the same movie we had just seen two nights earlier...and even after I started it, I still didn't remember it at all.

Last weekend, I had two things I needed to do: mail my friend's birthday card and pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.

I went to the post office first, and when I got to the drug store, I was stunned to find my friend's card sitting on the seat, and the $20 missing.

Sweet postal tip!

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristieL
Member # 27786

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ChristieL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joyful:
Thanks for all the laughs [Smile] It's good to poke fun at ourselves I think...healthy [Smile]

My hubby is constantly laughing at me because I'll ask him a question and then a minute later have to ask him again because I forgot his answer, lol.

Yes, yes, yes..He gets very frustrated with me, and sometimes I have to write down everything.

I have had him come home, greet him, then five minutes later say; oh your home..
how was your day, he looks at me and says;
that's nice but I have been home for an hour lol..
I also have to ask a LOT>>>
What did I just say?
It does feel good to laugh, so thanks so much for all the funnies and for sharing [kiss]

Posts: 41 | From Springdale Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neary.robin
Member # 28058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neary.robin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say laughter is the best medicine!! Thank you all for a great way to start my day!!
Posts: 16 | From Wethersfield,CT | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not remembering movies is the reason i dont rent them anymore. I ALWAYS come home with something weve already seen. DH almost envies that about me..like when theyre showing some movie thats been on a zillion times already. I KNOW ive seen the pirates of the carribean..i just dont remember whats going to happen. [Smile]
Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manderson7185
Member # 27787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manderson7185     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This makes me feel so much better! I was an English major in college and love reading, but lately have had to read and reread sentences because they just don't make sense. It's not until the third time that I realize I inserted a completely different word.

Or I do what Littlebit does where I pronounce a word I know over and over until it makes sense. Last night's word was "academicians" - sat there trying to sound it out because although I know what the word meant, I had forgotten how to say it.

Has anyone else developed a slight stutter because of this??

--------------------
June 2009: Lyme IGM 23 and 39 positive, Titer 1.12.
September 2010: Rediagnosed with Lyme as well as Babesia coinfection.

Posts: 27 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

A slight stutter? Yes. Im not always sure about the word that just came out of my mouth or ill trip over the word a coupla times. My MIL says its old age. Hah! And i was going to read "the sum of all fears" but i couldnt get thru the second chapter. Ah well...
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to get blood work done as well as a urine and I went into the washroom with the little urine cup, sat on the toilet and went pee and totally forgot about having to pee in the cup.

Needless to say , I was there for a while until I could pee again.

Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

I went to a birthday party and totally forgot the card and gift. For my sister-in-law - NOT GOOD!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I intended to hang up our cordless phone in the phone dock.

When it wasn't fitting in the dock, I suddenly realized I was trying to hang up our tv remote control, not the phone. [bonk]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rerae
Member # 28438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rerae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tammy N.:
And we have post its EVERYWHERE!!!

I use post-it's all the time to remember to take my meds. I also have alarms set on my phone to remind myself. And yet, do you think I remember to take them? Nope!

Once I was talking on the phone with my best friend while getting ready for work. As I was walking out the door, I searched for my keys. 5 minutes later realizing they were in my hand, I started searching for my phone. As I'm talking out loud, she replies, "I believe you have your phone." I asked where and realized I was talking on it. Oops?

--------------------
*~*Rerae*~*
Bitten 3/98, Diagnosed 9/04
Treated 3 weeks, then pushed aside.
Need good doc to pick back up.

Posts: 25 | From Erie, PA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement