LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 9/13-9/19

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 9/13-9/19
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that we have a vascular system that helps our bodies to rid itself of toxins? And it is part of the immune system. It is our Lymph system. It becomes stagnant when we become sedentary. That is not a good thing. Many of us don't detox well and it is part of our problem.

Moving causes our muscles to contract which pushes the fluids along in our Lymph system so that we can move the toxins out.

Now we can also do this by a massage that is focused on the Lymph system. Or we can just move! Much cheaper.

We don't give in to this disease. We take a break when we need it. But we get up and move our body. Use it or lose it!

That is why on this thread we don't focus on the "e" word but on what we can do. Be it cleaning house, walking, running or crawling.

What can you do today?

Karen [hi]

[ 09-13-2010, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: kgg ]

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pasting KAM's post for today:

kam
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3410
06 September, 2010 11:01 AM

Brain is in a fog this am and vision is a problem too.

I was able to do 2 loads of laundry yesterday and put a few clothes away...not sure if I posted this all ready or not.

I was able to drive out to the trailhead yesterday. I wanted to see if Paul or his camper was there.

It had not been there the past couple times I was able to be in that area on my feet.

I learned he died. Obit said it was from asthma at the age of 50?? Ouch.

They have a cross at the area where he was camped out right before the National Forest starts.

I did walk it off so to speak. Estimating I was on my feet 10 min. I will miss him and his dog Rusty.

I still can't recall how long he had been camped there. I know he moved out last winter but came back once they started building the home.

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Karen. I just got back from the dog park and on the way home realized it was Monday.

So, able to walk into dog park and visit with some of my favorite people at the dog park and then walk out almost like a normal person.

Rosie enjoyed being there. Cooler today too so far. Just closed the windows. Neighbors all ready have their fans on.

Guessing my place stays cooler because it is not upstairs and not boxed in but gets some wind coming through the side windows.

Vision seems to be OK if I am driving. Problem seems to be when I am on the computer.

Same problem I have when trying to read.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, hello everyone!

Well, another week and to start it off, me and Rocky walked one mile today.

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI, AK, KGG, and KAM!!

I loved your introduction, kgg!

Kam, I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Paul! What a terrible thing! Poor Rusty, too!!

AK... good to see you !

No exercise class today as they are off for Labor Day. I may go for a walk at the college.

CHEERS!!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul was always pleasant and never complained although I know he was not living the life he wanted. he wanted to be with his wife.

Rusty will be OK. He will get back to being the greater at a local restaurant cabin place in the mountains full time...lying by the fire place during the winter.

I met Rusty first! I printed out Paul's obit and thought I would frame it and add it to the site.

It alsways amazes me that people who are able to do so much more than I am able to do die.

Still wanting to know more. I know he did construction and handiman jobs. Was he at work when this happened or in his camper. not sure why I want to know. it just doesn't make sense to me.

Ak..good to hear you and Rocky had some outdoor time!

Able to clean up a bit in the kitchen. Since I have not been able to clean in there since WEd I had some science projects going on....yeck.

Also find out why the dishes were not clean coming out of the dishwasher.

New help is not rinsing dishes off before putting them in DW so food was being baked on.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a great idea to frame it and put it out there, kam.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

10 min on the forst trail
kam
Member # 3410

Went to water therapy this am but was in and out. Water was cloudy.

They had just poured something in the water before I got in. I could smell it and see it circulating in the flow.

Brain was cloudy too. but, at least I was there and I was able to take a sit down shower after I got out.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all!

Tuesday-Me and Rocky a little over 1/2 mile and then hours of house cleaning.

Rocky didn't help much with the cleaning. [Big Grin]

My Mom's coming on Thursday so had to spruce the place up.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Aklnwlf, my mom is coming in two weeks and I am trying to clean my place too. But it needs way more than sprucing up! [Eek!]

KAM, wish they would add that stuff at the end of the day! Too bad your therapy was cut short.

Today was more house cleaning and painting. We have put up 24 pints of salsa in the last couple of days. I have more picking to do too. I pulled some annuals today as I am really sick of watering! So on my feet most of the day. I hear the recliner calling....

Karen

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walked to bus stop today. Thats it.

Good job folks

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Melissa, Missed you. Wondered how you were doing. Hugs,Katherine
kam
Member # 3410

Karen

24 pints of salaa is very good.

I tried to find an old song on u tube with the lyrics for I am calling you but did not succeed...hope you had some quality time with the recliner!

Enjoyed reading your post AW

kam
Member # 3410

Clear headed enough this am to drive to the grocery store, walk in and use electric cart.

Foot went numb again after about 30 min ....my cue that I need to lay on my back and veg

Houskeeper is here. She put groceries away and is cleaning up in the kitchen now and put the laundry in.

I was able to sort laundry, empty a trash can, sweep the front porch a bit while on my feet and move a patio table.

Resting now and then hoping to do some more.

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done my spine rehab this morning. Going for a chiropractic adjustment later today (3 times per week), then to Curves for

30 minute combination cardio/strength train. This is what I try to do every week, even though my arms hurt, gotta keep em moving!

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

arkie..good workout

10 min walk in the forest again to the phoenix tree and back.

est 1 hour outing

Rosie was not ready to get in the car so drove to the decking and let her run while I drove

Such a beautiful area I have in my backyard.

I will try and take pics and post them when i am able to go again

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wish my mom (or dad) was coming this week. Enjoy your parents while you can! Cherish every moment.

First exercise (the real kind) I've had since last Friday. And now I'm going to miss this Friday... doubt I can go walking either. "Hermine" is coming to town tonight and probably plans to stay awhile!! (RAIN)

Carry on, gang!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

TuTu...glad you have a good relationship with your parents and look forward to being around them.

Good session in water therapy today. in the pool for 20 min est.

Came home and took a sit down shower. Now, laying in bed with robe on trying to recover.

I was pretty out of it when I got out of the pool. Even had to talk myself through getting out of the pool. Then forgot to dry off and just put on clothes over swimsuit as that was all I had left.

Guess I need to keep it to 15 min on a good day.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm sorry, kam. I meant that they are no longer living. And yes, our relationship was good. I thank God for them.

I'm sorry if it's not the same for you. I can't imagine how tough life would be in that case.

I've been sitting on this computer all day. I think I'll see about getting my new steam vac put together. Do I have the brain for it or not??? [bonk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Me and Rocky one mile.

Layed around until my Mom came over then we went through some of the clothes to take to the flea market on Saturday.

We worked a couple hours with a break thrown in there to eat some rice, kimchi, pickled garlic and bitter cucumber with miso.

A typical Okinawan-Korean lunch! [lol]

KGG-Try not to overdo to much on the cleaning. I didn't clean the tub, shower and 2 back bedrooms. Just cleaned the rooms my Mom would actually see. I am sooo sneaky.

Love salsa too. Can't imagine having my owned canned salsa. I'm jealous and hungry now. [lick]

Merrygirl-I remember those days too. When I first started walking I think I could walk maybe 1/4 mile at the very most on a good day only.

Arkiehinny-Can't wait until I can start working out again. You keep it up!

Kam-Your episode of overdoing it at the pool reminded me of myself last week when I cut grass for 3 1/2 hours. Ended up getting overheated and came in and had to lay on the bathroom floor (yuck) cause I got lightheaded.

I learned not to cut more than one tank of gas worth of grass a day.

TuTu-Just my Mom left and I try to do as much as I can with her. Relationships in my family are strained and there's a tug-of-war with my poor Mom in the middle. It's ugly, and it boils down to money.

I know what you mean though. I wish I could spend more time with my Mom.

Am I starting to rant???

Gotta run, see you all later!

[kiss]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

ALW....the Okinawan-Korean lunch sounds good.

Laying on the bathroom floor sounds like it would be cool on the body but not a very soft place to lay. But, good you listened to your body and waited it out.

Able to walk in the forest last night. The 5 min, rest on a rock and then 5 min out.

kam
Member # 3410

Est 15 min on a trail head this morningAT THE horse camp 3 miles from home. Slight incline on the way out but coming back was much more do able.

Just glad I was able to be there.

Hoping to be able to water potted plants next and clean up in kitchen. We shall see. Don't know until I try.

Able to empty dishwasher with the exception of silverware and put dirty dishes in sink to soak this evening.

10 min on the trail ? amt of miles from me...hoping to one day remember to check as it is the one I go to the most.

[ 09-11-2010, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kam
Member # 3410

Realized today that if it were not for Rosie needing to get out and stretch her legs and toilet, I most likely would not be getting up and getting out in the am due to health.

My life has gone to the dogs but must admit it, it is good medicine.

Took Rosie out in power chair this am. FEd her. Rested. Then recalled I wanted to get gas in car.

Able to park car at pump and walk in and pay cashier.

Drove back out to the horse camp grounds and est I was on my feet 10 min with a rest half way through or less.

Rosie kept stopping and looking to the right of us. While sitting on a stump, I thought...well at least she is not barking.

Ha. She started barking. Decided it was time to head back to the car.

Rosie ran as I drove on the dirt road. Saw two camp sites with the campers that have the sleeping quarters in the front and the horses quarters in the back.

I think those are so cool. Horse were in the paddocks provided at the camp sites.

Went to car wash after that. DRive through. Good Morning, but can't move now so laying here hoping it will go away. Brain is pretty much drained too.

Cool out this am. Saw several things I would like to take pics of but brain was not working in that area this morning. Just needed to stay on task.

Turned heater on in car. Not really that cold out. I think it is just my body. I need to warm it up now as I am freezing but getting up to do so is not worth it right now.

Hoping I will go back to normal after I lie here.

kam
Member # 3410

On my feet this morning to get trash ready to put outside of my door for pick up.

That wore me out. Resting now. It is easier to walk in the forest for 10 min than it is to do the multi tasking it takes to get trash out the door.

kam
Member # 3410

Albe to walk into dog park this am for Rosie to take care of her business before going into grocery store.

It was too much at the dog park for me...wish I had choosen a less active place for her to toilet.

Cut grocery shopping short as I was not doing well. Walked in but used electric cart to shop and get to car.

Clerk helped load groceries.

They started carrying a new product...gluten free soup mixes and other things. Sorry, don't know the brand as I was not doing well enough to take that in.

I did take in Navy Bean soup and purchased 2 others.

But, was not doing well enough to purchase the other ingredients needed to make the soups.

Hoping this works well for having something I can enjoy several meals.

All ready hot out here...9 am almost. It was so cool and nice when I went out at sunrise.

I am always amazed at how quickly that sun rises in the sky and sets.

Hoping you all have a moment of fun or enjoyment today.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Sunday-1/2 a mile for me and the hound.

Today-One mile for me and Rocky.

BTW, Saturday at the flea market was alot of work. Got there at 7:30 and worked until 3:15.

Made about 20 bucks.

I would have paid $20 cause I spent some good quality time with my Mom.

Kam-Know what you mean about life going to the dogs. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

ALW...good to hear you made a little money and had some quality time with your mom and are out there truckin with Rocky.

Able to put in two loads of laundry. Now, I will have clean underwear and don't need to turn them inside out. (just kiddin)

I thought I was doing pretty good and able to last longer this am but knew that after the laundry is done ....I am done ...at least until after 5 or so.

My body was still working but the brain was really goofing up...had to make two trips to the laundry room as I forgot the laundry. HA!

kgg
Member # 5867

Hi, every one! I am cheating this week and using last week's intro. I just changed the dates.

I was off early for an appointment so I did not get to the computer like I usually do.

For exercise in the last few days I have been cleaning and canning.

Hope you have a good week!
Karen

fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was really sick and initially diagnosed in January, I made it a goal to get better to participate in a certain event in September. That intermediate goal helped me through a lot of crappy months.

Well, that goal is here. I am leaving Thursday to compete in the US Skydiving Nationals near Chicago. My team mates have been very patient because my past physical condition made practices very difficult at times during the spring and summer.

This is the best I felt in many months and am completely pumped. Team Motley CRW is competing in 4-way Canopy Rotations and 4-way Canopy Sequentials. A link is listed below.

http://www.skydivechicago.com/Events/2010USPANationals/Scores/tabid/250/Default.aspx

BTW, one of the competition judges is a Lymie so I will make sure to say hello to her.

Thanks to all the advice, words of encouragement, and positive energy this forum has supplied.

Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Sounds like just being there is going to be a treat. Good luck to you!

Had a scare yesterday evening so laying low today. Guessing I over did it yesterday.

I have got to do a better job of getting protein and liquids in me.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds wonderful, guido..! I'll check the link later. Thanks for providing it!

No exercise for me today....had a dr's appointment.

kam... take good care of yourself!! Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

TuTu...scared myself last night. Have not had the symptoms I had yesterday evening in a long time.

So laying low today.

Karen...I like the lymph node intro from last week and am still have that on my mind so good it was extended another week. [Smile]

You all take care of you too!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Sounds like everyone's doing great!

Skydiving, canning, cleaning and laundry!!!

Today I just took Rocky out in the backyard.

Went and got a haircut and glaze, vacuumed the car and washed it at the car wash.

Getting ready to work the weekend in Atlanta at Japanfest 2010.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kgg
Member # 5867

Fatherguido, toes and fingers crossed for a fun, safe, and successful competition. Prayers too! Please let us know how you do.

KAM, I hope what ever happened last night is not repeated!

I am like Lymetoo, no exercise. It has actually been a few days. Fighting a cold and have had appointments. And have another tomorrow.

Aklnwlf, I remember last year when you went to the Japanfest. You had a great time and reported all sorts of yummy food. Hope it is a repeat this year!

Have a good day, every one!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Looking forward to hearing how it goes for both ALW and Father guido.

AKW..glad you were able to clean and vacuum the car...I have been wanting to do that for months now. It is so nice when the car is clean.

On and off my feet for 30 min this am getting as ready as I can for the housekeeper in about 20 min.

Able to put two loads of laundry in. Able to clean up the clutter on the kitchen counters a bit.

Exhausted now and resting. I will be so glad when I have one of those morning when it is not so difficult to move around and do things or I am able to go for a walk in the forest or at the Indian Ruins.

kam
Member # 3410

OK Able to clear off the counter between kitchen and front room a bit.

then able to fold about 5 blankets/bedding stuff and put some laundry away. Blankets will have to wait as I am done in now.

Resting, then will get towels out of dryers.

novy
Member # 25987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for novy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i was able to do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCD0l7COqk

it was very gentle to the body and calming to the mind- i drew the curtains and blinds to darken the room- when it felt difficult on the knees, i didn't bend as deeply which enabled me to complete the exercise-

Posts: 94 | From shaker heights, ohio | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Just learned water therapy is out for the rest of the month.

Some kind of oil was leaking into the pool and it will take a while to fix it.

novy..will look at the video later.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Me and Rocky 1 mile today.

Feeling a bit run down so have been vegging on the couch all day.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

novy
Member # 25987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for novy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i did part two of the Qigong video i posted yesterday: ( it is only two parts, each less than 10 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANSNaN4x-80&feature=related

Posts: 94 | From shaker heights, ohio | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

I checked the link that Fatherguido left. I did not see his team Motley Crew listed anywhere. So I am assuming that they didn't jump yet or the pics aren't posted. Would love to hear how it went!

Welcome, Novy! I have considered trying Qigong. But that is as far as I have gotten. A local person with Lyme is teaching TaiChi soon. It is only for 6 weeks but it is from 6-7 PM. Not my best hours. But I am going to try and see if I can last the hour. Glad to have you with us! And kudos on getting the routine done two days in a row!

KAM, that is a bummer about your water therapy. But glad they found the problem! Hope you are feeling better.

Aklnwlf, I am with you. I have had a sore throat/sinus cold all week. I have a lot to do and really just want to get in my recliner! Hope you feel more energetic and less draggy soon!

I have been pulling potted annuals and throwing them away. Putting out fall decorations and still trying to get my house presentable for my mother's visit in two days. I tried looking for someone to come and help. But it didn't happen. So lots of time on my feet. Looking forward to Sunday, a day of rest. Ahhhhh..... [sleepy]

Have a good day every one!
Karen

novy
Member # 25987

thank you for the warm welcome ... [Smile]
kam
Member # 3410

Able to walk into grocery store and get a the ingredients for the GF soup mix I purchased earlier via the electric cart.

Glad it was a short trip and glad I was able to make it.

There was another younger women in an electric cart I crossed paths with several times...she had a look on her face like I felt...go ahead..make my day!

kam
Member # 3410

Able to water the 5 potted plants outside my hallway door.

Resting now, then hoping to be able to water the plants outside my outside door.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Welcome, novy!! Glad you joined us!!

I did 40 laps today and 10 minutes on the machine. Got to talk to another nurse who had helped my mom at cardiac rehab about 7 yrs ago.

She reminded me that she called my mom "Diamond Dell".. (Mom's name was Della)... because Mom always wore pretty jewelry. I kept her well supplied since I make jewelry! [Big Grin]

She commented on how Mom was always cheerful and how attentive to her I was. It meant so much to me for her to say those things. Mom has been gone almost 5 yrs now.

I don't mean to toot my own horn... just sharing something special with my friends. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Painting kitchen cabinets,

SLOWLY but surely!

Takes about 3 coats, but it takes along time because there is so much , oh! no! I forget what its called! That detail stuff that they add on cabinets and it has a lot of grooves.

So , anyways, it is taking a lot of time, but I am going at it slowly.

Only 2 hours per day of painting, but I make myself do it!

Boy! oh Boy, they are looking beautiful. My designer picked all the paint colours for our house. That was when we actually had money for things like that.

But designers are worth it! It looks like we have brand new cabinets.

I am going to get brand new hardware for them too!

Home Depot is letting me pay next year! I know its bad to do that! but it is just too depressing to be stuck in this house and not to have little "treats" like that sometimes!

then I went grocery shopping today, made supper and did dishes!!!!

DEFINETLY NOT!!!! doing painting today! I thought I was dying ALL afternoon! My grocery shopping trips are a huge event! Our family needs a lot of food, and I just by everything at this discount grocer to save on any extra errands!

Oh yeah! I have to help with carpooling!

My day is WAY too busy and hectic!

I push throught the pain, I remember hero's like Terry Fox and others. If they did it, then we can! I refuse to let this entirely control my life. I will continue to dream and to believe.

WE fight so others can live!

Take care all!!!!

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Welcome, Missing! Your cabinet project sounds fun. We painted our cabinets when we were in Arizona. I loved how they looked. I agree about the designer but have never used one, just lots of HGTV. Speaking from experience, be careful with the home depot card. If you don't pay it off then the interest rate is above 25%. Ouch!

Hey, Lymetoo! Good to hear from you. Diamond Dell sounds like a wonderful woman. You were blessed.

Now that the weather has turned cooler, I have started making soups again. What kind of soup did you get, KAM?

Yesterday, was last minute preparations for my Mom's visit. Changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, and laundry. This fall my laundry room is moving upstairs. Less exercise but way more convenient when I am having bad days.

Today will be a lot of sitting. We are traveling 3 hours south to pick up my Mom at the airport.

Have a good Saturday, every one!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Good Memories TuTu!

Missing...enjoyed reading about your paint project...and welcome

Karen...so glad to hear that the laundry room will be moving!!

Getting up now to see what the name of the soup mix company is:

Petosa: It is a new company that the local grocery store has started to carry.

It said on the package to just cut the liquid in half and put in the oven if desired.

I desired! What I did not notice until it was too late is that they used white rice. I usually do not do well with white rice so we shall see.

I have two other soup package mixes to try out with this company too.

Walked into the dog park and actually sat upright in the chair for a bit...then pulled another chair over to put my feet up and slouch.

Able to talk with 3 of my favorite people while there too. Not sure why I can have a conversation with them and not others.

I think because they keep things simple...not too much info to process at one time.

Rosie was a happy camper!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's quite a project, missing!! What color/s??

Doing nothing much today. I'm really motivating you guys, right!? [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am making soups too!

I chop lots of vegetables, but just in half.
When they are cooked, I take that special blender that you can submerge right into soup,

and I BLEND like crazy!

It is so much fun!

My husband and daughter will actually eat the soup this way.

I add a 4 cans of Cambells soup to my giant pot of blended soup and it tastes just like restaurant soup!

I also add lots of onions.

As far as my kitchen cabinets are going, well, they are not!

I made the soup today and was absolutely unable to move anymore.

But get this! The paint name for my cabinets is called "Gossip"!!!

No joke! haha!

We had to pick a paint colour that matched the existing tiles.

So, the cabinets are grey with a slight pink undertone, but to make it more modern, we are buying black handles.

The cabinets look brand new!

Our whole house has a theme of grey and brown, with antique and modern furniture throwm together.

You can hire a designer for only one hour, and pay $70. She gave us the paint colours for our whole house in that time.

I paint a little at a time.

Thanks to kgg, for the reminder about the interest rate.

VERY jealous of Lymetoo!

Enjoy doing nothing today, my friend!

It's very good and very okay to do nothing. That is when all the best ideas are born!

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Woke up with head stuff I have not had in a long time.

It was the one I use to have all the time. The one that I would keep a bottle of excedrin next to the bed and some water and need to take it and wait it out before I could get up.

Funny, how we forget about old symptoms until they return.

I assumed it was due to the white rice in the Cowboy Soup mix so dumped the cowboy soup mix this morning.

I just can't do white rice yet.

I was able to clean up the kitchen a bit this am...put dirty dishes in the DW and put other dishes in the sink to soak and move the expresso maker to a more user friendly place on the sink I hope.

And get the blender out..it is not in a user friendly place so need to move some more things around. But, at least I got it out.

Est I was on my feet for 20 min in the kitchen.

I also mopped a bit. I had spilled the cowboy soup on the floor yesterday and wasn't able to clean it up then.

It is going to be a hot one again today but Tuesday is going to be in the high 80's so that is good.

We have a stray cat that visits several apartments here. I have started to feed him or her in the evening.

Rosie lets me know when she is at the screen door. It is as if she is telling me it is time to feed the cat.

When it first happened I wasn't sure if she was telling me it was time to feed the cat or to take her for her before bedtime toileting.

This time, we had done the before bedtime toileting so I knew that help bark was letting me know the cat was outside the door and wants some food too.

The cat eats very little. I assume it is because others are feeding the cat too.

Haven't picked the cat up lately to see how he or she is doing. When I first picked him or her up she or he was all bones...no meat..so that is when I started feeding him or her.

It is not an easy task for me to feed her or him. But, I figured it is good therapy to help motivate me to get the body moving.

I just need to hold the fence line outside the door when I walk with the dixie cup of food as the cat likes to be under foot and my brain struggles with the multi tasking needed.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement