LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Glenn Beck on Drudge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glenn Beck on Drudge
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Drudge Report. Glenn Beck is talking about his illness and taking some time off to see about it.

I'm still emailing, hoping it eventually gets through.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's that?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.drudgereport.com

Scroll down the page a little bit

It's on the right side of the page and shows a photo of Glenn Beck.

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY WORD!!!!!!

He has numbness in his hands and feet and problems with his vocal chords!!!!!

www.theblaze.com/stories/glenn-beck-reveals-hell-undergo-medical-tests-for-combination-of-problems/

I don't know how to copy and paste, but I just typed out the link for you all.

Hope it works

I hope they figure it out.

I hope he doesn't have Lyme, but if he does, I hope he helps all of us. He would be a great "out-spoken!!!" spokesperson!

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He says he's in the hands of a neurologist. Thus, it would be quite the miracle for him to EVER be diagnosed with Lyme.

It's sickening what today's doctors DON'T KNOW ABOUT LYME.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

I had an idea.

If someone credible from the Lyme community, like Lorraine Johnson from Calda, or Pam Weintraub, or a LLMD,, contacted Glenn Beck, then he may be willing to consider getting some testing done.

Maybe someone here has greater influence or credibility than the rest of us.

Or maybe someone here is connected to someone with greater influence, or we could all ask our LLMD's to get involved somehow.

I don't know.

I will just feel terrible if they don't have any answers for him.

What if they tell him that he is depressed and has fibromyalgia?

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missing,

That is a good idea. I hope someone on lymenet could make that happen.

We can keep emailing ourselves. I have been sending to:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Another email posted on his site: [email protected] doesn't seem to work. The others have gone through.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent email.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

What if we let Attorney General Blumenthal know our concerns on that new website he has available so that citizens can write in.

I don't know. Just an idea. Grasping at straws, I guess.

Maybe it would make us look a bit crazy or something.

Or if someone was able to personally speak to Attorney General Blumenthal?

Then maybe Blumenthal would talk to Glenn Beck?

I am just throwing out ideas here.

It is surprising to me that no doctor has even suggested to Glenn Beck that he may have Lyme.

I am very curious to see what they will diagnosis him with.

on a side note:
Does anyone know if Michael J. Fox every tried treatment for Lyme?

Have heard that a lot of famous people get treated and just never tell anyone about it.

I am so curious to know which famous people had Lyme. Sometimes I wonder about Paula Abdul too?

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Missing,

Good idea about the AG! Who on lymenet knows him or knows someone who does?

We have lots of activist-types. Maybe one of those people...

I agree with Tutu; if he does use a neurologist, the chances of a lyme dx are slim.

Maybe it's not lyme, but they at least need to try to rule it o

I'm still emailing daily.

[ 10-10-2010, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: linky123 ]

--------------------

WIZARD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4597

Icon 4 posted      Profile for WIZARD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can lead a horse to water...

But you can't make him drink.

Think of all the other people in your own life who have had Lyme and now have "other" diseases. Have you not tried exhaustively to convince them.

I no longer push it, it is too detrimental to my own health. I don't see this as any different.

(But then again, I don't even know who Glen Beck is) [confused]

Posts: 252 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Wizard,

You are right about not being able to convince some. My kids are a prime example.

However, I think Mr. Beck may not even know that lyme is a possiblity. Once informed, a person can then decide for themselves what to do.

I wish someone had mentioned the possibility to me 21 years ago. It took me 19 years to get dx.
I would have gladly looked into it had I known.

I think there are many on lymenet who have had similar experiences. We just didn't know what was wrong. Given the way things are in the medical community, it's hard to get to the truth.

Glenn Beck has a radio-talk show, and also has a show on Fox News.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Missing .. Michael J. Fox DID have Lyme. I guess he got the usual 2-3 wks of abx and that was it.

Many of his co-workers got sick at the same time he did, but I think he's the only one who got "Parkinson's."

As for Glenn... He's going to be dxd with some rare disease ( may or may not be correct dx ) or MS. I can see it coming.

Very good idea about contacting Pam Weintraub or Blumenthal. But can you imagine Blumenthal rescuing a right winger like Beck!? [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

linky123
Member # 19974

Tutu,

I agree about Blumenthal maybe not wanting to help Glenn Beck.

It's sad that people would let someone get sick and possibly die because they don't like their politics.

I'm still emailing.

I'm just a nobody, but you never know. He might read it. I got a response that said he doesn't always do so in a timely manner, but he tries to read all of his mail. He obviously can't respond to all of them personally.

--------------------

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Lymetoo---So there's a good chance that Michael J. Fox has Lyme? woah! I wonder if he has been informed about long term antibiotics as a treatment option.

He is another outspoken person that we could try to email.

I also thought that we could try to get ahold of a very wealthy famous person to help our cause. Not so much because of their money , but because of their power and influence.

We can't let the bullies win and we can't give up.

I have already tried to find the emails of some billionaires, just to try to get the information to them.

I really don't know how to do this.

I believe that persistance pays off. If I lived in the same city as a famous person , I would try to find a way to get a meeting with them somehow.

The movie "The Pursuit Of Happyness" really inspired me.

In 2009, when I was diagnosed, I still hadn't even really heard much about Lyme disease and thought I would be all better in a month!

Most people still have no clue! My mother in law had just invited my daughter, who has Lyme, to go for a walk in the woods with her!!!!!!!

Obviously I started to send her even more articles about Lyme. First of all my daughter is too sick to take a walk!!!

and second, she was taking her into a high risk situation where there was all sorts of deer and fallen leaves, etc. etc!!!!

My mother-in-law's husband always tells her that we aren't that sick because he is the "expert" on it because he read one article saying that all a person needs is one week of antibiotics!!!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, Michael J. Fox said in an interview MANY years ago that he had Lyme. He is from CT or was living in CT at the time. (however, he was infected in Canada while filming .. that is where others were also infected)

I think the door is closed on the Lyme issue with him. I know for sure that people have either contacted him or tried to contact him.

Same with Montel Williams.

That is a good idea about contacting someone of power and influence. May work.

Sad to hear about your MIL.. sheesh. Give instructions to your daughter to STAY OUT OF THE WOODS!!!

[ 10-10-2010, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeshmyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeshmyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As soon as I heard that MJF had Lyme I thought that he probably hadn't been treated long enough. You just never know. MJF seems to have embraced his diagnosis as truth, so I highly doubt that would ever change. And who knows, not every one with a disease has Lyme... so we could be wrong about that one.

I agree about someone high up in the Lyme community contacting Glenn. I'm not so sure he'd listen to a bunch of Lyme infected people who are probably seen as nuts in the medical community over a "professionally trained" head doctor. You know?

I wasn't going to accept a diagnosis of MS or Lupus because I knew in my spirit that wasn't it. I knew it was Lyme. But I also saw the tick in my skin and knew I started getting sick shortly thereafter. Getting the medical community to listen to my concerns was another thing. Once they told me that wasn't it, I dropped it and went on the long, drawn out, painful process of finding out what it could be... only until several tests for other things came back negative did I INSIST I be tested for Lyme. I wish I would have insisting a long, long time ago... but at least I finally did. Or I'd still be sitting with no diagnosis.

Not that diagnosis means a sigh of relief. I'm going through more now that I'm being treated than when I wasn't. Having said that, I know this is what has to happen to get well through medicine. And if I hadn't been treated I would have gotten far worse and possibly died from it.

Lyme is no joke. If Glenn has it, I pray that he wakes up and does his own research on the topic. Likely he is just listening to the over priced talking heads he is surrounded by.

Posts: 256 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Glenn Beck makes his living questioning everyone and everything,

so maybe he will question his doctors and his diagnosis.

My friend was diagnosed with cancer and he and his wife questioned the treatment. They sought out a different treatment option and made their doctor mad in the process.

I have questioned my doctors all along.

When they told me I was depressed, I thought that they were idiots! Since when is flu-like symptoms, numbness in half my face, dizziness, a severe mirgraine and nerve pain---depression!!!????

When they finally, 3 years later, diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia, I did not accept that. I said to my doctor, "doesn't that just mean I am in pain and you don't know why?"

She said "yes, but we just don't know what to do for you" ,,,then,,,2 weeks ago, she said that they all know that I have Lyme!!!!!!!!!

They also had told me that my abnormal MRI's (which were getting worse with more lesions), were just an indication of a headache or something
even though it really wasn't normal for someone my age!

I searched for the answer and thankfully, when I did a google search, "Lyme" kept popping up.
I suggessted it to my doctors but little did I know that the testing wasn't accurate.

Luckily, I found a ND who had me tested through IGENEX.

Hopefully, Glenn will search on his own as well.

When I saw him speaking about his illness, and saw how emotional and tearful he was, it sure reminded me of how easily I would cry and sob, sometimes for hours.

Then I started my Lyme treatment. Now I NEVER cry at all.

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Missing,

I think you are right about Beck. He's not the pushover type. I think if someone could at least plant that little seed of doubt in his mind, he would do the rest.

He may be familiar with lyme for all we know, if he really does live in CT. or at least somewhere in the NE where it's so prevalent. He just may not have considered it yet.

I think most of us had to question our doctors, or we never would have gotten to the truth. We know instinctively if we're being sold a bunch of $#@&.

Great idea about getting someone famous to help, but wouldn't know how to begin. I hope somebody on lymenet will come along and help with that.

So it's up to us to keep emailing.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement