LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Glenn Beck Testing...Virus?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glenn Beck Testing...Virus?
Renee K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renee K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish someone could reach him, discussed on his radio show the rule outs today, r/o MS, Lupus, Cancer....has some neuropathy, studying fibers.
Told may be nothing, will have to live with the episodes, no big deal

Has some vocal cord paralysis...told possibly VIRAL cause

Along with his eye problems and the fact they can't find a cause of all his symptoms sounds like a good chance LYME could be involved.

He feels he went to the "best" medical center in the country and had the "best" doctors.

Many of us have been there and done that.

so frustrating that he is so ready to go against the conventional in most things but can't accept the possibility of Lyme

Posts: 130 | From Central NY | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be all the DIET COKE he drinks???

http://www.infowars.com/warning-to-glenn-beck-dont-drink-diet-coke/ (not a website I go to, but interesting article a FB friend posted).

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be the aspartame but that should correct when stopped. he needs to get checked for lyme. Does anyone know where he is being tested out here?
If in Northern California then he could go to Dr. S or H..I wish someone could get to him and get him ILADS info.

Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Yes, I recall the NYT Magazine, Sunday before last - he says he drinks a ton of DIET COKE. Well, that'd take anyone down with the neurotoxic aspartame.

And it may not correct when stopped. It may, or to a degree but aspartame damages and kills nerve cells. Not all function is necessarily regained.

Interesting, though, he probably drinks that much in an attempt for energy and alertness. So, that's a red flag right there. I've been there. Long ago, I used to need constant Diet Coke just to stay upright at my job. Until I started falling all over the place.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a site that tells about his bulls-eye rashes that he went to the doctor about. He was out of the country when these rashes appeared.

I can't remember where he was but the doctor called in every medical person and had them look at his classic lyme rashes. So I'd say he's been told the abx he was given was enough and lyme isn't possible.

Poor guy is now going down the "duck" path, that we know so well.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renee K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renee K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, the prior bulls-eye rashes thicken the plot!

Nutrasweet can cause problems but usually not in a healthy individual unless they have a genetic problem.

If already overloaded with something else though it is a different story.

Lyme symptoms aren't always just about having Lyme but other things wrong in our body allowing the Lyme infection to become a problem

My bets are that Lyme is involved and that he will continue down the "duck" path as Pam said until he gets so ill he can no longer function

What a waste of time and money

Posts: 130 | From Central NY | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
While the bulls-eye rash history certainly points to some strain of Borrelia, and aspartame can make that worse, no one should be putting that in to their body, no one. It's a toxin to any body.

Some people just seem to get a way with it. Or do they?

====================================

http://tinyurl.com/28of7y

Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007 Aug 8; [Epub ahead of print] Links

DIRECT & INDIRECT CELLULAR EFFECTS OF ASPARTAME ON THE BRAIN

Humphries P, Pretorius E, Naud� H.

[1] 1Department of Anatomy, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

[2] 2Department of Anatomy, University of the Limpopo, South Africa.

The use of the artificial sweetener, aspartame, has long been contemplated and studied by various researchers, and people are concerned about its negative effects. Aspartame is composed of phenylalanine (50%), aspartic acid (40%) and methanol (10%).

Phenylalanine plays an important role in neurotransmitter regulation, whereas aspartic acid is also thought to play a role as an excitatory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system.

Glutamate, asparagines and glutamine are formed from their precursor, aspartic acid. Methanol, which forms 10% of the broken down product, is converted in the body to formate, which can either be excreted or can give rise to formaldehyde, diketopiperazine (a carcinogen) and a number of other highly toxic derivatives.

Previously, it has been reported that consumption of aspartame could cause neurological and behavioural disturbances in sensitive individuals.

Headaches, insomnia and seizures are also some of the neurological effects that have been encountered, and these may be accredited to changes in regional brain concentrations of catecholamines, which include norepinephrine, epinephrine and dopamine.

The aim of this study was to discuss the direct and indirect cellular effects of aspartame on the brain, and we propose that

*** excessive aspartame ingestion might be involved in the pathogenesis of certain mental disorders (DSM-IV-TR 2000) and also in compromised learning and emotional functioning. ***

----
European Journal of Clinical Nutrition advance online publication, 8 August 2007; doi:10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602866.

PMID: 17684524

=============================

http://tinyurl.com/bs7ck6

EXCITOTOXINS IN FOODS

Neurotoxicology. 1994 Fall;15(3):535-44.

==============================

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2384105525501310962#

EXCITOTOXINS: The Taste That Kills

VIDEO - lecture just over one hour by the author of the book, Russell Blaylock, MD (neurologist)

--------------

BOOK - http://tinyurl.com/avq449

Excitotoxins - The Taste That Kills - by M.D. Russell L. Blaylock

This is the 1997 edition

No customer reviews at this link but you can look inside the book and read (59 customer reviews) at the link for the 1996 edition of that book - http://tinyurl.com/as6je7

The customer reviews, in themselves, are an education.

============================

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

aspartame - 938 abstracts

aspartame, neurotoxin 3 abstracts
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't we all mail him a copy of "Under Our Skin" and "Cure Unknown"????

I would if I could I knew a address to send it to.

Obviously, we wouldn't be able to mail it to his home, but we could mail it to his studio.

Does he get gifts from his fans?

Or, maybe one of our LLMD's could try to contact him.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just realized that I typed a sentance that makes no sense at all!!!hahahaha

I meant:

I would if I knew an address to send it to.

I would send the video to any famous person, if I had their address of their place of work.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From his radio show this morning.. he said they ruled out MS and Lupus.

GLENN: And so they've ruled that one out. They believe that I have small fiber neuropathy. However they are now counting the nerves, which is great. They get to take a couple of chunks out of you and then they just count the nerves. And apparently you're supposed to have a certain number of nerves in one place in your body and a certain number of nerves in the other place. I have to tell you as somebody who has ADD, I cannot imagine going under a microscope and counting somebody's nerves.

PAT: I there's no way.

GLENN: Be like, I don't know, there's more than a dozen. I don't know. (Laughing). Just awful. The I also, they think I have what is the other thing? Raynaud's? Which I guess is common and no big deal. The small fiber neuropathy, they don't you know, they don't know what's causing it. That can be no big deal. That can be kind of dicey but nothing threatening. Just, you know, just me walking around going, ow, that hurts, occasionally, would be the, I think the worst case scenario on that.

The vocal cords, they don't know. I've got what's called a vocal fold and half of the vocal cords have gone into some sort of paralysis. They are thinking that it is a virus at this point but that's just because the

PAT: That's really good. That's way better than the alternatives for that one, right?

-----------------

Sure could be lyme!

Tracy has small fiber neuropathy, many of us have Raynaud's and problems with our vocal cords.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

found a Glenn Beck youtube video that is

REAL SCARY!

I have never ever heard him rage like this before!

Lyme rage?

I actually feel really sorry for him.

The title of the youtube video is

Glenn Beck Loses His Mind On A Caller About Healthcare

--------------------

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

AHA!

I found a way to get letters and "Under Our Skin" and the "Cure Unknown" to Glenn Beck.

I will commit to send a letter, the video and book to him.

Anyone with me?
Of course he doesn't need more than one copy, but if we all join together and flood him with copies, he will take notice, FOR SURE!!!

We can do this!

Here is the address

The Glenn Beck Program
1270 Avenue of the Americas
9th Floor
New York, NY 10020

What do you all think about this?

[hi] [hi] [hi] [hi] [hi]

--------------------

Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glen Beck is Mormon, so their religion forbids drinking coffee and hot tea, at least caffeinated hot tea. There is some kind of reference in their scripture against "hot beverages" that was interpreted to mean coffee and tea.

I know quite a few Mormons, so that is actually my biggest health concern for them.....there are many Diet Coke addicts because that's how they get their caffeine.

You figure anyone who has a demanding job or travels a lot, or is in college, will need caffeine at some point, so that's how the diet cokes and the Monster energy drinks come into play. Sigh. [Frown]

Given he lives in Connecticut, my bet is on Lyme. I hope he doesn't have Lyme, but if it is....my hope is that he is one of the few people in the public eye that actually would speak out against what's going on with this disease, in the same way Jenny McCarthy risked so much to become so outspoken about autism.

It really takes a celebrity that doesn't care what people think and doesn't care about controversy to go out on a limb like that, when there is a controversial disease.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeshmyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeshmyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if all of this could be related to Diet Coke. I suppose it could. I warn everyone I know about diet drinks but, sadly, most no one ever listens to me.

I never liked the stuff. I'm not much for any type of pop but if I induldge, I'd rather have sugar than that junk in diet. Though, of course, pop of any type isn't good for you.

I'm praying that he finds out what is the cause. I have a feeling he really needs to stop being so stressed and up tight about America. I've seen his shows and he is so ultra passionate that I can't help but think that is adding to his problems. Especially if it is Lyme. Stress always makes me feel worse.

Posts: 256 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcg08002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcg08002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO true!

Yeah I am mormon too! His daughter use to go to my school.

yeah, I honestly think he has lyme. Especially if he had those Bullseye rashes.

Obviously he didnt get the right treatment.

My LLND told me to stay away from anything Aspertame. It aggravates your symptoms and can make things worse.

--------------------
Stephanie, University Student.

Ehrlichia [POSITIVE]
IGG/IGM AB [H] 1.49
indexLyme AB interp. EIA [A] POSITIVE
IGG P93 AB [PRESENT]
IGG P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P23 AB [PRESENT]
Lyme IGM WB interp. [A] [PRESENT]

Posts: 145 | From Idaho | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. HOOS.. I thought the Mormons were against caffeine itself .. because it was considered "a drug."

Missing... That is very nice of you to do that!! I can't afford to do the same right now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

We could all send letters, and also let him know that we are praying for him.

Also sending letters to him so that he knows we care and from experience, we know it may difficult to get the right answer.

I will send one book and video for you, Lymetoo, if you want.

I will not include your name, I will just say that it is from someone, who after having treatment for Lyme, and her career ruined by Lyme, cannot to send a copy herself.

If that is okay with you. [kiss] [kiss] [kiss]

Let me know if you would rather me not send one.

Let's all rally together and do what we can.

If some can afford to send more copies of the video and books , then go ahead. THe more , the merrier.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No problem! That is so sweet of you. Are you sure you can afford two copies??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can send him the dvd and a copy of 'Insights Into Lyme Disease.'

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I forgot. I'll send a letter with it as well.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

map... Any chance you can find that site that told of the bullseye rashes?

I agree.. He has already been told that the antibiotics he was given would take care of any and all Lyme.

I'm sure no one told him about coinfections.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

RESOLVED.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RESOLVED.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the address, sending a letter.
Posts: 246 | From south florida | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, I spent an hour today looking for that blog by Beck. I found it a couple weeks ago on the first page of Bing search(when it was first posted on lymenet that he might have lyme).

Now with all the internet activity on him, it's buried somewhere is cyberland. I'll keep looking. It was interesting writing by him.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement