LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 10/25-10/31

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 10/25-10/31
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the last week in October. Unbelievable. Where did this month go?

This thread is about moving our bodies. We can't give in to this disease. We may not be running marathons every day, but we count and celebrate every thing we can do. Because that means this disease is not winning, we are.

Use it or lose it!

So what can you do today?

Best,
Karen [hi]

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see your health is doing ell enough to write an intro this week.

Missed water therapy all this month including today's appointment. Hopefully, I will be back in the pool next month.

Able to put two loads of laundry in down the hall. But, really having a rough time holding myself upright in the power chair.

Able to sort the clothes this am. I recall when that in itself was hit and miss...mostly miss.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi kgg.... been missing you, had to come peek in and see whats going on.

kam.... too much reading for me to catch up so give me a quick.... why no water therapy all month?

me...taking it slow today after an active weekend.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diane...glad you had an active weekend. Was it for your birthday?

Good to hear from you.

Water therapy is hit and miss with me. I think I have only made it for all 4 appointments once for the month. Depends on health.

Able to fold one basket of clothes/linens and put away.

Had planned on washing the pots and pans. Moved them from one sink where they have been soaking to the other sink...by the time I put hot water and soap in and moved them I was done in.

[ 10-25-2010, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys. Today was a great day for me. Probably the best I have felt in 3 years! I managed to clean under the sink cabinet and another very scary cabinet. I cleaned the cat box, hamster cage, swept 3 floors

I have minimal pain and my fatigue is better today. yesterday want so bad either. I did increase my cymbalta 2 days ago. I am also on A-Bab. I also took my rialin.

Maybe the combo is working for me.

canceled water therapy tonight as I had no child care.

now if everyday could be like this!

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Very cool Melissa! Yahoo! I do hope it is because of the combo of your new meds, etc and continues.

Able to drive 3 miles out of town to the Verde River. On my feet less than 5 min down to the river, sat on a rock and then walked out.

It was an incline on the way out..heart was pounding in my chest with exhaustion.

But, good to be out.

Also able to put my bed back together.

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night was my last Tai Chi night. It has been a fun class. I hope to get in the habit of doing the routine daily. Time will tell...

Good to hear from you, Melissa! Yes. May you have many more days like the one you had yesterday.

Hi, Diane! I have been wondering how you are doing. Good to hear from you. Hope in the busyness of family life you are able to take some time for yourself.

KAM, I have done that before with my pots and pans. The good thing is that by the time I get back to them, they are easy to wash after soaking.
I am sorry to hear that you are missing your water therapy. But it really sounds like you are able to do so much more lately. Long may it continue!

Aklnwlf, how is your week going so far?

Have a good day, every one!
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning to all. I will resppond later.
Going back to bed. I was up most the night with a deep thinking daughter.

Take a few steps for me ok? my only steps right now are to my bed.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Hope you get the rest needed Diane.

Karen...Hoping you are able to get in the habit of taking some time for Tai Chi too.

Able to drive Rosie to dog park for a short visit.

Able to walk into Walmart and get in electric cart. Got one thing and then was out of there.

don't like that place but thankful we have it as for some things it is the only place in town.

Still have the weaker than usual thing going on...just got to wait it out.

Keep breathing everyone and moving. [Smile]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Melissa. That's wonderful!!! YEA!!!

I did the usual exercises on Monday and looking forward to Wednesday!!

(I did lots of house cleaning Sunday and Monday too....ouch)

Has anyone heard from kayak??? I got an email from her today, but it was NOT from her, I don't think. I think someone hijacked her email. So I wonder if that is why she's not here??? Computer problems??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Wow. It seems like it has been a long time since we have heard from Kayak. I hope she is OK and just doesn't have access to internet.

Paging Kayak.

I have been a wet noodle lately. Able to clean up in the kitchen for a very short period of time and then able to put two loads of laundry in...then what little strength I had is gone and I am frustrated and exhausted.

Just need to wait this it. I will be able to be outdoors again.

kam
Member # 3410

Ok Able to take a shower and get dressed. One of those times when I wonder did I shower and then feel the wet hair on my head and know the answer.

Not able to fix breakfast so drove through a fast food place and got breakfast.

I recall when I thought I was really doing something just to be able to drive through to get a cup of coffee and that was a challenge.

Then drove out to what is called the Eagle's nest..it is a decking in a development that is not being developed due to the economy.

Needed to walk a few steps to get to the decking and then up a few steps but did OK.

Stayed long enough to eat. Would have liked to stay longer but needed to have something to sit in that supported my body better.

Feeling better now attitude wise. But, time to go into neutral until this evening most likely.

I also was able to get the towels out of the dryer this am but still need to be able to fold them and put them away.

kam
Member # 3410

It had been awhile since i went to the decking in the forest. I was so thankful I did not have that sick feeling like I use to.

I recall how i tried to lay on the benches so Rosie could have some out door time and how out of it and sick I was.

Nice that those days are rare now as long as I live within my limits.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday-Me and Rocky 1 mile. Got caught in the rain and both of us got home a little on the drippy side.

Today-Me and Rocky a little over 1 mile.

Need to vacuum but have a headache so might just watch some t.v. today.

BTW, got my tests results back a couple of weeks ago and am going to the Mayo in MN.

Have a dislocated clavicle (7 years now) and other issues as a result.

Problems exaccerbated by cutting grass.

Ha! No surprise there huh gang?

Glad to read what everyone else is up too. Sure keeps me motivated.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Kam... wow! I can tell I have not been here for awhile. You have been accomplishing more. I guess it has been months since I have been around.

Aklnwlf.... 1 mile thats great. Hope you get rid of that nasty headache.

Karen.... If you don't mind me asking, what is this class you are taking? Meditation?

Mellisa... the best you have felt in three years!
lets hope it continues.

Lymetoo.... Today is Wed. watcha do today?

Me... hmmmm.....nothing.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

ALW...sure hope they are able to help and you get some much needed relief.

diane...good to hear from you. Nothing is only on the outside. I am sure the inside is working hard...all those little cells running around and blood pumping and lungs doing their thing. [Smile]

Just got back from the outing. Not sure how long I was on my feet..est 10 min.

but, I was not by myself this time. WAlked with a person I usually pass on the way to the trail.

I have this deja vue feeling a lot since coming down with lyme.

AFter I got home I felt like we had had the same conversation before.

If I see her again, I will ask her.

She has been dx with Parkinsons. She is still teaching and like us..looks fine on the outside.

But, is getting the vertigo in the classroom, using a walker at times on the asphalt now...

learned that is why I see her on the asphalt and not on the trail...balance issues

She walks with 2 dogs. So Rosie enjoyed having company.

I like the company but it is too much for me.

I goofed up and got out of the car without putting Rosie's leash on when we got back.

Rosie took off. She doesn't go far and she doesn't go for long..under 5 min.

But, I still don't like not knowing where she is.

it was dark out so finding a black dog in the dark is impossible and not safe.

beautiful sunset on the way home. Worth the outing.

If I had gone to the trail head tonight, it most likely would have been too dark...shorter days now.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW.. You really know my schedule, don't you!! [lol]

I walked 40 laps and did 11 min on the machine. Also a few leg exercises.

Beautiful weather today! Went out and took pictures at a campground and at the nearby college.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Aklnwlf, Ouch! That sounds really uncomfortable. How are you sleeping? I'm sorry. I don't remember what tests you had run. But please be forewarned that Mayo is not Lyme friendly.

Hi, Diane! I was taking a Tai Chi for Arthritis class. I really enjoyed it. Here is a link that shows 10 minutes of it: http://live.taichiproductions.com.tmp.anchor.net.au/secureshop/product.php?ProductID=291

KAM, I hope that you are feeling stronger soon.

Lymetoo, how did your legs like the exercises?

Yesterday, was a long errand day. Lots of walking and sitting in the car. We have a beautiful day today, so I am out the door to plant some spring bulbs.

Have a good day every one!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Nice out here too today.

Able to be out for an hour this am. Mostly in the car. But, was on the trail for 5 min, rest and then 5 min back to car.

kgg
Member # 5867

Yesterday, because of two appointments for my MIL and Dad, I only got my iris and crocus bulbs planted. After I planted my crocus, I went inside for two minutes and Brewster dug up my crocus bulbs and ate about 7 of them! [cussing] That was all I got done for exercise. Today I hope to move some perennials and do some last of the season weeding.

Have a good day everyone!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Ugh. I would not have been a happy camper with Brewster...but he is just doing what dogs do.

On the other hand...that would have made a great home video to enter on one of those shows I see on TV if you could have caught that one on film.

Last of the season weeding. That sounds good!

Looks like I will need to get up and take some excedrin to help me get going this am.

AFter it kicks in hoping to take a shower and get dressed and out of the house to toilet Rosie.

Don't know if I will be able to be on my feet until I try. I do know i am doing well enough to drive to a trail head this am.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to drive 17 miles from home today. Headed East on the 55 mph road but due to construction it was 35 mph at times which works out very well for me.

Might have a ticket. There is a 45 mph speed limit as you are coming into a town with camera's taking your pic.

Saw the camera flash as I went by which jiggled my brain to slow down. Sure hope I dont' get a ticket in the mail.

Able to turn off one road that I have wondering where it lead. NOw, I know. Not a road I will go back to. Learned it is a private road with trailer homes on lots.

Turned off another road I have been wanting to explore. Saw 3 large school buses coming and going so must be a few homes in that area.

Only made it to a side dirt road. Let Rosie out to toilet and then I was drained and needed to head home.

STruggling emotionally this am. If I could cry I would.

But, in the big picture of things...when I first moved here I would not have been able to drive out that way nor did I have a vehicle to do so.

Hoping to go back out that way and explore some more.

AS usual, when I first got in the car I had no idea where i was going. Started to go out to my usual spot but thought about how it would be in the dark and cold this am.

So, headed out towards a place I know that would be open and in the light...it was sunrise.

Then, thought I would like to be near a stream so headed East...but needed to find a side road to turn off of before I got to the stream as I was fading fast.

I am looking forward to being able to a time when I can bring some food and fire wood and build a fire next to a stream and just stay put in my lafuma recliner for a while.

A friend is coming next month from CA. So, perhaps then. That way, when I fade fast she will be doing the driving.

Also looking for a place to hike a bit too from the campsite.

Place I stopped at today had two large campfire rings in the middle of the forest.

Private land though. I noticed they are getting ready to have a land auction.

There also was markers for the different plots.

It was the first side road in the morning sun.

I ran into a lady on my usual outing place who said there was a good trail behind the lamplighter that she takes her dogs.

I wondered where the lamplighter was and what it was. I saw it today as I was heading out of town.

It is a trailer park. There is a National Forest behind it. Looks like you would need to drive through the trailer park to get to it.

kam
Member # 3410

Hurray! LN is back on line. Able to get gas in the car and get a few groceries via driving to store, walking in and using electric cart.

resting now then hoping to put groceries away and clean up in kitchen a bit.

Also able to walk into dog park.

backintherain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for backintherain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. It's the very end of the last day of the week, and I thought I'd check in quickly.

I had a great week. I rode my bike to work on 3 days!! Pretty good since I've probably ridden in a total of 6 times All Year! (Work is only 2 miles away.)

Saturday I took a 2.5 hour exam. I carried a 30 pound box of books 1/3 a mile, from my car to the testing center. Wow, my arms are sore! I kept having to stop and rest along the way.

Anyway, I don't think I passed the test, my brain was slow-moving. But that's ok. I'll just try again in the spring.

Posts: 227 | From Northern CA (bitten in Illinois) | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement