LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Very Frustrated, anxious could use help, kind words

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very Frustrated, anxious could use help, kind words
janice victorov
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22937

Icon 9 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,
Having a very frustrating few last weeks. Doing ok accept for a few lingering symptoms which include cramps in calves, sore shins.

I want all of this over. I'm getting a second opinion as I'm not seeing the results or being treated like Dr. B says we should.

I have to start all over again with the first appt. which is expensive to say the least. I just can't take it sometimes. The ups and downs of treatment, money for tests etc.

Anxiety out the you know where. I get sick of budgeting my money for this abx, office visit. I can't work anymore than I am already. Plus, am a single mom with a daughter in college. My fiance is great as is my daughter.

I just wish the progress of my health would not be so up and down.

OMG,,,well, that's it in a nut shell. Janice [Frown]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry that you're not seeing the results you want. Hopefully this next round will be a resounding success.

You've no doubt come a long way, however..and you can wipe out those last remaining symptoms!

A single mother with a DD in college...I'm surprised you have more than two nickels to rub together, lol.

Hang in there...you will get past this.

Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the kind words. I have come a very long way and continue to get well.

I wish I had two pennies to rub together for that matter.

I hope you are doing/feeling well also. [Smile]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janice,
Anxiety and muscle cramping are symptoms of low magnesium and can be considered symptoms of Lyme, since the Lyme bacteria use up the magnesium in our cells.

All enzyme processes in the cells need magnesium.

You may be able to relieve this by taking supplemental magnesium, intravenous magnesium, magnesium injections, or magnesium solution applied to the skin.

Eating food high in magnesium is good:
Beans, such as baked beans, refried beans, bean burritoes, bean soup.
I add a can of rinsed kidney beans when I make macaroni salad.

Almonds, almond butter.
You can buy a pound of almonds at the grocery store. Eat a couple ounces per day.
When I did this for two months, I lost my craving for chocolate.
Chocolate has magnesium!

Almond butter is similar to peanut butter.

I just wanted to point out that you may be able to improve some symptoms without antibiotics.

These are things you can do for yourself while you sort out the doctor issue.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janice,
I'm not real good at "kind words" that encourage someone to continue on a path that may not benefit them.

I'm all for getting to the point.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JV,

You are beautiful! You are wonderful. You are amazing!

Now, to save some $$... maybe apply for help with lab tests?

Check the section on the main page for the new program called Lyme Test Access Program. Hope it helps!

www.MarylandLyme.org

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janice,

Sorry that you are not seeing the results as fast as you'd like. The ups and downs...is not fun. When I've been "in the thick of it" it has helped me to picture the up and down line on a graph and realizing that...overall...the squigley line is contantly going upwards, even though there are dips. That has helped me.

Another thing that has helped me is the encouragement I have found from the "God Thought" threads from others who know exactly what I've been through.

I trust the thread would encourage you too. Please go to the Lymenet thread "God Thought" (there is a new thread started each week with the corresponding date). I believe you will be lifted up in body, mind, and spirit as you read what others share.

Just said a prayer for you. Have HOPE, better days are ahead!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janice. Tthinking of you.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janice,
Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and I find this ugly frown on my face staring back at me. A wrinkle in the wrong place that I do not want stuck there when I get old and botox can't fix.
So I make these funny faces to put a smile on my face, then I give myself a big hug.
Have you hugged yourself today? Smile

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you (:

I was having the aching cramping calves and cramps for years.

I have been taking just plain MSM, 4000 mg a day and I truly think that is what has helped me.

It is a supplement that you can buy right over the counter.

Of course, I have taken other supplements and abx's over the year and a half of treatment...but something in the back of my mind has always told me to continue with MSM.

Good luck, hope you are feeling better soon (:

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement