LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » A Dubious Diagnosis (article)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Dubious Diagnosis (article)
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-met-chronic-lyme-disease-20101207,0,5671843.story

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So upsetting.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely, isn't it?

I just got into it with my family doctor again.

I had to visit her for something unrelated to lyme, and she was questioning me still being on abx for lyme after "all this time."

I wish mainstream "medicine" would get with the program.

Posts: 303 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only read the first of the four pages. Too infuriating!

The abundance of unfounded, sweeping generalizations is staggering!

Great "cure" for anyone Lyme-Aware with low blood pressure, tho.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A dubious article.

They have trashed the autism community too.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This war can't be won. [Frown] That's pretty clear.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The war can't be won by me.

And it can't be won by you.

But it MUST be won by US together - at the very least for our children!

We dare not look back or look down or look anywhere but straight ahead!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was also published in the LA Times. Arrgghh.

I haven't checked the LA paper, but the Chicago Trib. has 41 comment/responses so far. They are really a good rebuttal to this sloppy, biased article.

Hang on to this quote:

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that has." Margaret Mead

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These two newspapers are part of the same company:

TRIBUNE is one of the country's leading multimedia companies, operating businesses in publishing, digital and broadcasting. In publishing, Tribune's leading daily newspapers include the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, Sun Sentinel (South Florida), Orlando Sentinel, Hartford Courant, The Morning Call and Daily Press. The company's broadcasting group operates 23 television stations, WGN America on national cable and Chicago's WGN-AM. Popular news and information websites complement Tribune's print and broadcast properties and extend the company's nationwide audience.

Tribune Broadcasting
Setting trends in 19 of the nation's biggest markets, our Fox, CW and ABC affiliates offer the best in fresh programming.

Tribune Publishing
Operating one of the industry's finest news organizations with the experience of more than 4,500 journalists worldwide.

Journalism At Its Best

Great journalism has always been Tribune Company's foundation. Our success depends on it. Whether the story is across town or around the world, Tribune has the talent and the resources to cover it well.

>| TRIBUNE PULITZER LIST

>| NEWSPAPER SUBSCRIPTIONS

Corporate Citizenship

Tribune and its employees are active contributors to the communities where we do business. Each year, Tribune and its employees contribute millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours to charitable activities. Our business units also help raise public awareness for important issues by using our broad media reach to deliver public service messages, television specials and newspaper series.

----------------------------------------------

Seems they should change this description to "Journalism at its worst"

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever they start rehashing all this, they bring up the same old admonitions and the same people even from years ago are dragged thru the mud again.

Don't they understand that Lyme can KILL? (I guess not... it's all in our heads.)

oh.. and they always say that research showed long term abx to not work.. Their definition of "long term" is roughly 2-3 months if my memory serves me correctly. What a joke!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmilyT
Member # 11632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmilyT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that definitely cured my LBP. Unbelievable.
Posts: 33 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look under comments. I posted a 4 part series response entirely rebutting their position, and I provided access to my article: The Case For Chronic Infection, which I continue to update as new studies come out. I'm also currently expanding to cover issues that "cause" persistence, such as biofilms, and newer data that gives us a bigger picture of "how", not just what borrelia does when exposed to antibiotics.

Link to article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-met-chronic-lyme-disease-20101207,0,5671843.story

Link to Case For Chronic Infection: (Takes time to load, so let it sit)

https://acrobat.com/app.html#d=sbb-EmpQrQTgrPoezLGreg

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:

It will be won. Only one theory can withstand time and scrutiny. Pick up a copy of "The Structure Of Scientific Revolutions" by Thomas Khune

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Thanks, MB. You always make me feel better. [group hug]

I picture you with shield up and sword drawn!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, little good it will do me when I'm homeless on the streets, not able to work, and watch my family crumble. They've already pulled the trigger IMO. I don't believe many are actually reading these rebuttals except for IDSA and the never-ending Lyme activists. [Frown]

quote:
Originally posted by METALLlC BLUE:
quote:

It will be won. Only one theory can withstand time and scrutiny. Pick up a copy of "The Structure Of Scientific Revolutions" by Thomas Khune

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

I really think we should push to get alex jones to cover this.

He has a huge, huge audience, and might actually do it (if he's not controlled opposition.)

infowars.com
prisonplanet.com

RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the L.A. times article.

http://www.latimes.com/health/ct-met-chronic-lyme-disease-20101207,0,6131727.story?page=4

Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

here's the form to contact alex:

http://helpdesk.infowars.com/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi?cmd=newticket&sid=&style=#

RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, it hit the CT papers too! Hmmm

http://www.courant.com/health/ct-met-chronic-lyme-disease-20101207,0,7575771.story

Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Well, you noticed that it is in several of the Tribune company newspapers. The Courant in CT is in that same group. It will probably be in all of them. That is why concentrating media in the hands of large companies is a bad idea.
BHealthyNow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BHealthyNow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why it's ok to treat acne with long-term antibiotics but not Lyme.

I also find it frustrating that they believe there is a cure already, which is why there will always be opposition in funding more research. Why fund something that's already solved?!

They also fail to mention the thousands of patients who are misdiagnosed with something else before they find out they have lyme.

What bull.

--------------------
Lyme, Bart, possible Babs
Currently on IV Doxy, Bactrim, Zithromax, Nystatin, Mepron
Been on nearly every antibiotic since 10/09

About 60% improvement. Dizziness, air hunger remain.
http://lemonandlyme.blogspot.com

Posts: 333 | From Boise | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:
[QB] Yeah, little good it will do me when I'm homeless on the streets, not able to work, and watch my family crumble. They've already pulled the trigger IMO. I don't believe many are actually reading these rebuttals except for IDSA and the never-ending Lyme activists. [Frown]

In the short-term, you're right. Whether it takes another decade, two, three or a century, what I said is true. I'm sorry it doesn't bring anyone comfort, but it never was intended to.

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

I encourage everyone to post my link in all those newspaper comment sections. Remember, if even one more person reads it, it's beneficial. Again, the link is: https://acrobat.com/app.html#d=sbb-EmpQrQTgrPoezLGreg

--------------------

5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the info on one of the co-authors of the piece. Feel free to give her a call or drop by and let her know what you think!

Trine K Tsouderos
731 Gunderson Ave
Oak Park, IL 60304-1423
(708) 524-1034

Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Whether or not is will be won is up to us. They've given us evidence, jury and gavel--but we do need to bring down the hammer.
lou
Member # 81

Anyone who calls this reporter at home is going to be considered a stalker. This is not a good idea. Going after one lousy lying reporter will not change our situation a bit. Change has got to be made at the top, the govt health bureaucracies, before we get any real relief.

There are just too many people willing to carry the water for the big guys. Changing their minds will not persuade the big guys.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TRUTH will ALWAYS win.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

I don't think the reporter thinks she's lying.
I believe she's JUST reporting WHAT is told to her.

This is NOT the person to respond too! Look deeper and you will KNOW who to respond too!

RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Like Lymetoo says...THE TRUTH SHALL PREVAIL!

MY Mom always said...GOD DOESN'T SLEEP!

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The IDSA has hired a PR firm. This is the work of their PR firm, most likely. They are paying to save their butts from what will happen to them if they are exposed. And this same newspaper group has written many anti Chronic Lyme articles, unfortunately.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Wonder the strategy of why now to attack the non-existence of chronic Lyme with the papers????

Maybe because a new vaccine is coming out in January????

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

onbam
Unregistered

According to the NIH thug who coerced Burgdorfer into "not telling [Kris Kraft] everything," the ones responsible are "all the way at the top."

A new reporter is not at the top, and the IDSA is not at the top.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Tracy9:
[QB] The IDSA has hired a PR firm. This is the work of their PR firm, most likely. They are paying to save their butts from what will happen to them if they are exposed. And this same newspaper group has written many anti Chronic Lyme articles, unfortunately.

I believe it!! They are working hard, aren't they!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lou
Member # 81

At the top to me has always been the guys in the govt health bureaucraces. The thing is that those people do change from time to time but the policy lives on. Too hard to admit they were wrong? Too stupid to know it? What?
RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

I believe with all my heart, that the truth will prevail. I think these thugs are doing everything in their power to look good and make us look bad.

You see, there's WAY TOO many of us who can come forward to prove them wrong. Which brings me to ask? What THE HELL ARE WE WAITING FOR?

Washington anyone?

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is CALDA CEO Lorraine Johnson's rebuttal -

http://www.lymedisease.org/news/lymepolicywonk/609.html

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Someone named Reality Vs. Perception wrote a 6 part series, basically in opposition of every single thing I've said. At the end he then says "I have no agenda."

It's on page 1 and 2. Get a laugh while you can.

--------------------

lou
Member # 81

That would be Eddie. He doesn't have much else to do except harrass lyme patients.
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymies -

First off, I wanted to say how happy and proud I am of all of you and to be a part of this. (No not having Lyme) you know the community.

Next, as upset as I am about this article, lets please be smart about our actions. The Mass media has labeled us as basically quacks. We need to keep our cool and come back with information and facts, no need to fuel...no pun intended [Smile] fire.

I would consider everyone on this forum as highly intelligent proactive people. Lets get these ....you know

Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Here are the medical and scientific writings in the past of one of the authors. Looks like she was promoted way past her competence at a newspaper with no professional standards at all, with a history of fraud.

47 posts categorized "Trine Tsouderos"
December 18, 2008

Oatmeal food fight: Now it's Jamba Juice vs. Starbucks

Posted by Trine Tsouderos at 7:00 a.m. CDT

Oatmeal is hot, cheap and filling. Perfect food for a time when 500,000 jobs are lost each month. Happy days. Anyway, big corporations seem to be sensing these are oatmeal days -- Starbucks introduced its oatmeal in September. On Dec. 18, Jamba Juice, which has almost 750 stores, is previewing its version in all of its Chicago locations, with plans to roll it out across the nation in mid-January. For $2.95, Jamba Juice is promising slow-cooked (well, 40 minutes) organic steel-cut oats in three flavors, cinnamon crumble, banana and blueberry. The oatmeal will be available each morning, until 11 a.m.

Posted by leisureblogs at 7:00 AM in Breakfast, Restaurants, Trine Tsouderos | Permalink | Comments (2)
November 17, 2008
First bite: Briejo

Posted by Trine Tsouderos at 3:55pm CDT

We suburbanites get a little defensive when city folk assume our restaurants pale in comparison to theirs. And so it is with great hope that we await the opening of a new one, which, we imagine, will be fantastic, the equal of any (well, almost) in the city. And so I walked into Briejo, a brand-new jewel-box of a restaurant in Oak Park, this weekend with a head full of optimism.

Briejo is small, and very dark, with great red and yellow swaths of fabric the color of Indian spices breaking up the brick-walled space and giving the whole place, flickering with candlelight, a cozy exotic air. On this Saturday night, the dozen or so tables were packed, as was the bar, and reservations, gotten that day, were necessary. The place hummed with a certain buzz, but it wasn't loud. People had dressed up a little, even though the tables were covered with brown paper, not white tablecloths.

Our friendly and efficient waitress rattled off a few specials and took our drink orders, which we chose from a list of a couple of dozen wines by the glass, most priced at about $7 a pour. The menu included a handful of soups and salads, about a half dozen appetizers and an equal number of entrees. The feel was eclectic, with a nod toward seasonality and a favor for seafood, from mussels in garlic, shallots and wine ($9) to tilapia steamed in parchment paper ($16).

We ordered the goat cheese and marinara gratin dip with garlic crisps ($8), which came as an island of soft goat cheese surrounded by a sea of bland marinara sauce with several pieces of thin toast lacquered with garlic butter in which the garlic had been burned and tasted bitter. I ordered the pork tenderloin in raspberry BBQ sauce with a side of truffled mac and cheese ($20), while my guest ordered the roasted vegetable risotto ($17). The pork was extremely tender, almost soft, but under-seasoned under its tart-sweet shellac of barbecue sauce. The truffle macaroni and cheese was to die for, luscious with a lovely earthy note from the truffle. The bland risotto disappointed. Its watery vegetables seemed steamed, not roasted, and the risotto itself lacked that dish's starchy, indulgent richness.

Dessert was goat cheese cheesecake ($7) with hazelnut brittle, which delighted. It came in its own little pot, wonderfully creamy with a bright tangy note thanks to the goat cheese and a crackling of sweet thanks to the brittle. We ordered the dish meaning just to taste it, but we shamefully finished the whole thing. I left wondering why all cheesecake isn't made with goat cheese. It was that good. Walking home, I felt good about Briejo. Could it survive in the city? Give it a few months.

Briejo , 211 Harrison St., Oak Park ; 708-848-2743

Posted by leisureblogs at 3:46 PM in First bite, Restaurants, Trine Tsouderos | Permalink | Comments (2)
November 04, 2008

(Lots more like that.)

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

I really laid into them today. Check out the name "Michael Parent."

--------------------

17hens
Member # 23747

MB, you were buuuuuuuuuusssssssy!!!!!

Way to kick some tushy!!

That was great, really!

Thanks for working so hard on our behalf.
On my daughter's behalf.

------------------------------------

Is everyone reading those many, many replies coming from people from everywhere?

So articulate, so intelligent, so heartfelt!

Awesome!

Faith as big as a mustard seed can move mountains!

We can never give up - we have some mountains that need moving!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

I went after them again today. It seems the more I attack, the lower the rating goes. The article now has less than one start with over 21,000 voters.

They deserve it.

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx, Metallic, for posting all those studies there!!!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it probably won't help, but i sent in my tactful 2 cents directly to the authors.

YOU NEVER KNOW! if you can get 1 lowly reporter to see the light...there just might be more stories that advocate truth.

Being that Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities around (basing this off my political friends that live in Chicago), not likely to strike a cord there, but still....you never know!!

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Just got an email from a friend who saw it in his Consumer Health Digest put out by Quackwatch, which called it an "excellent" article...
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although very damaging, I agree with Metallic Blue, the truth is on our side and it is very hard to suppress the truth forever.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I myself refuse to read the article. I fear it will trigger a murderous Lyme rage.

However I remain extremely optimistic that the truth will come out. It ALWAYS DOES. The magnitude of human suffering will reach a critical mass making it undeniable.

Remember, we now have SENATOR Blumenthal in our court. I do not believe he has abandoned us. As Senator, he can do things that as AG he could not.

Who would have thought even a couple of years ago that the Conn. State legislature would pass UNANIMOUSLY a law protecting docs from sanctions for prescribing long-term antibiotics?

Who would have thought that the Ct Governor would sign the bill AGAINST THE ADVICE OF HER OWN PUBLIC HEALTH COMMISSIONER, who testified against the bill?

Who would have thought that the CT Governor would have a bill-signing ceremony in which she stated the magnitude of human suffering made this bill necessary? And then to have the scumbag Public Health Commisioner sheepishly announce that this was an important bill for Lyme patients?

Keep the faith people.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep.. you got it!

Looks like we are getting another Whalen from the dark side.

The infamous Forbes' Whalen and this one (Auntie Elizabeth), and quack watch.... all waddling in the same big pile of poopy.

Quack, quack, quack!!!

Not bad enough they enjoy kicking the stuffings out of the parents of children with autism.... now they feel they have to also try to beat down those who suffer from medical neglect from not being diagnosed or treated properly for Lyme.

Of course let's not forget the ALDF- who gets their jollies when this kind of trash oozes out in the press ... is that their fingerprint on it? They must be having a victory celebration, at our expense.

I really don't know what they would serve (food and drinks) at a "beating up on the sick, disabled and down trodden" party... do you?

Oh ... and get this.. the IDSA refers people to QuackWatch as a "Health Website"!!!! So much for credibility!

http://www.aldf.com/links.shtml

And then of course there are the others who relish in dumping on us, and our docs, our labs and the fact that there could potentially be such a thing as chronic Lyme.

You can see who some of them are by looking at who the ALDF supports or recommends- mostly the instigators of the "we hate chronic Lyme patients, advocates and docs cause they are proving us wrong", that hang in and about Bethesda and Atlanta.

http://www.aldf.com/news.shtml#NewDir

And you gotta love this....

The ONLY patient support group the ALDF has listed for PATIENTS to benefit from- you know- those who suffer and who they are charged with helping- or have they forgotten that concept?

Anyhow...

For support they offer us a link to web site that you have to PAY to get them to help you. So much for the almighty buck over patient's welfare AGAIN.

But not to be dismayed .. although you need to pay for their un-educational literature if you need hand-outs for an event....

It appears to be free to get a referral from them to see some of the IDSA's special ducks.

And even those who buddy with them, who don't have a duck license, are willing to help your doctor un-diagnose you. How generous they are.

They state...

"The foundation maintains a national physician referral service that includes board-certified specialists who have been contacted by the ALDF and have agreed to evaluate and treat Lyme disease patients.

Leading Lyme disease researchers serving as medical advisors to the ALDF may also be available for medical consultations with physicians in non-endemic areas who may not be familiar with Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment."

I wonder if the 45 cents worth of Doxy the special ducks may prescribe (if you meet all their criteria) is provided for when you pay the astronomical fees for the special duck office visits ..

Or if you'd need to pay another $75.00 for the measly handful of pills their Guidelines say are ok to have?

Yep, Whalen, Whalen, Whalen again.

I hope Harvard is proud to have produced such amazing slimes.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The perception vs reality guy sounds like McSweegan.

[ 12-14-2010, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JohnS.... The poster EdUthman says it all. Bet there will be a nice holiday bonus in that stocking.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

I looked for what EdUthman said, but couldn't locate what it was you were alluding to in all the posts.

If it was McSweegan, the man has no life.

Tincup
Member # 5829

John... read the NAME of the poster I listed.. slowly.

Ed U th Man

And it is yucking him up for the article.

Did you catch it?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Here is a very nice twist to the ugly that the other side produces. This time someone is standing up for us in a Journal. BIG time!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/101915

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

BTW- I wrote this the first day. They have a LONG history of printing garbage when it comes to Lyme.

Obviously they aren't going to publish it. I wonder why? HA!

[lol]

Dear Editor,

It appears the despicable mob mentality in Chicago didn't end when the infamous Al Capone met his demise.

The Tribune has apparently been mesmerized by those in this century who are just as notorious, which partially explains your 100% failure rate to get it right when reporting on issues related to Lyme disease.

In 1992 the Tribune went on record promoting inaccurate Lyme disease testing - Wisconsin researchers have announced the first definitive... [test for tick-borne Lyme disease.]

Your sources, supporters of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, who the Attorney General recently stated, ".. undercut its credibility by allowing individuals with financial interests -- in drug companies, Lyme disease diagnostic tests, patents and consulting arrangements with insurance companies -- to exclude divergent medical evidence and opinion'', should not be considered reliable or unbiased given the IDSA's well-publicized legal troubles.

Your 1997 article, New Vaccine Proves Perfect In Preventing Lyme Disease, again promoted profits for stakeholders at the expense of patients.

FYI- that ``perfect'' vaccine (based on unreliable tests) was removed from the market in record time- after over 1,000 people reported adverse events and multiple law suits were initiated.

It was a multi-million dollar flop, paid for in part by tax-payers.

Your 2001 claim, Lyme disease study finds little to fear, holds no water with the growing number of patients suffering from a disease that causes heart block, severe neurological symptoms, blindness and crippling muscle, bone and joint pain, amongst other symptoms.

The ``exploding'' Lyme epidemic has been described as a national health crisis, yet your article discounted its severity in what appears to be an attempt to cover the back-sides of those who keep spouting their inaccurate, yet self-promoting tax-payer funded research theories.

In your latest article, the unflattering twisted portrayal of our chronically ill and often disabled patients (many are children who can't stand up for themselves against your vicious attacks) only serves as another means of revenge by those already proven by authorities to be unscrupulous.

I would appreciate it if you would stop bludgeoning the sick and misleading innocent readers.

Assuming you don't have a personal stake in the outcome, please just ignore the advise of the galactically stupid and enormously greedy who have led you down the wrong road multiple times.

Maybe then the Tribune could finally get it right and be of service, rather than a disservice to its readers.

Sincerely,

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

17hens
Member # 23747

OOOOH, TC, you DO have a way with words! Very well done!!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement