LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 2/8 - 2/14/11 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: God Thought 2/8 - 2/14/11
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just noticed this week includes Valentine's Day! He soooo loves us!

I think the following is a beautiful quote by A.W. Tozer,

"All the time we are pursuing Him
we are already in His hand."

How could I not love Him after the way He's loved me! [bow]

May we sense His love in a deeper way this week, Friends.

Sleep well all.

PS: Please keep Dekrator's son, Andrew, in your prayers (especially this month). He's deployed in Iraq.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning friends!

daisy,

That is a beautiful quote! Wow!

You also say, "How could I not love Him after the way He's loved me!"

Amen to that!!! I love the idea of sensing His love in a deeper way this week in honor of Valentine's Day!

Thank you for mentioning my prayer request from last week's God Thought thread,for my son, Andrew. I appreciate that.

sammy,

At the end of last week's God Thought thread you say:

"Dekrator, I'll be praying for your son Andrew His service is a blessing to all of us."

Thank you so much sammy!!! [kiss]

That means alot to me.

I'm feeling nervous and even more teary than usual (hard to imagine).

Friends,

I hope your day is filled with love and blessings!

1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning All,

Dekrator, Thanks for sharing the verses from 1 Corinthians 13. One of my all time favorite chapters in God's "Love Letter".

I was thinking about how much we love our children...even when they are in the womb...not yet born...we love them!

God loves us with an everlasting love. He loved us even BEFORE we were in the womb. WOW! [kiss]

My favorite Psalm 139:14-17,

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!

Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it.

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

You saw me before I was born.

Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!"

Pretty amazing to think that God's thoughts toward us are sooooooo many that they cannot be counted. [bow]

Rest in Him, experience His love today...and His healing touch for the body, mind, soul, and spirit!
[group hug]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

On last week's God Thought, HorseHelper closed with a beautiful prayer.

Want to make sure everyone is aware of it.

God bless you, HorseHelper.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Talking with a friend recently...and "stealing" friends great idea. [Big Grin]

Well, God loves us and that is a given. I mean He is always showing us His love in ways...too numerous to count.

Ummmmm, what about us???

How do we love God back?

Hmmmm...I think one way I show my love to God is by reading His Word. YIKES. I'm behind in my chronological Bible reading...

And I thought I'd add this one, too.

How do we love people?

When I send a card/letter to someone in their time of joy or pain...I think I'm showing I love them and care about them.

OK, your turn... [Smile]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy I sent this via PM but your box is full.
You ask.....

How do we love God back.... John 14:21 Those who obey my commandments are the ones who LOVE me. And because they LOVE me, my Father will LOVE them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them.

If God asked me, "Why do YOU follow me?" I would say... "because, I love you Daddy"
Even when I do not obey, I will still love Him.

daisy...I had a really loooong pm on "stealing" and "contridictions" and I lost it cause I forgot your box was full! [kiss] yeah I'm whining. [lol]

[ 02-08-2011, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+5&version=NIV

Deuteronomy 5 (New International Version) - 10 Commandments

``I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

1 - ``You shall have no other gods before me.

2 - ``You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

3 - ``You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

4 - ``Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

5 - ``Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

6 - ``You shall not murder.

7 - ``You shall not commit adultery.

8 - ``You shall not steal.

9 - ``You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

10 - ``You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.''

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can love God and people by sharing His word with others and giving Him praise.

We can love God by listening to Christian music, praying, and thanking Him.

We love people by showing kindness, care and concern. We love people by showing love and support.

We love people by feeding the hungry, helping the poor and comforting the brokenhearted.

We love God by saying Grace before meals, by supporting the Church, and by drawing even closer to God during difficult times.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do we love people....when we touch one hand and one heart ...we get a wave of love going.

-

yeah daisy I do like using my own [lol]

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

You have really outdone yourself this time!!! [Big Grin] [lol]

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW, Sorry my box is full [bonk] [Frown]

And I just cleaned it our recently. I'm hopeful to get it cleaned out tonight. I've done that, too, and lost my message. Thank God I didn't lose my salvation [cussing] [lol]

That scripture you posted is the same one I was thinking of too, today...about those who love Him, obey Him. Oh, I like that part of the verse, "And I will reveal myself to each one of them.

Isn't it exciting how God reveals Himself to us! [woohoo]

"stealing" and "contradictions"...me???...YIKES! I would have loved to read that PM.

That wave Graemlin...I'm with Dekrator on that...You DID out do yourself. [Big Grin]

Have a peaceful evening!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

hens, WOW...The Ten Commandments!!!

When I read them, I started tearing up. They are so beautiful. I don't know, I guess I never realized how beautiful they are.

God is just trying to show us the way that we'll be happy.

I was thinking of people who do not live by them (no, I'm not talking about being perfect, of course, because no one is), but I mean people that live their lives/or make a living by breaking The Ten Commandments.

Many are so unhappy, so anxious, always looking over their shoulder...

This really hit me

2 - ``You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."

We are so blessed/by His pouring out of His grace. Both are examples of His grace!!! [bow] Compare the three or four generations....to a thousand generations. I mean He could have said "a thousand generations of those who hate me" but He didn't.

I'm just thinking out loud again.

Have a good night's rest!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator, You are so right-on with your examples of LOVE!

Now what am I going to share?! You "stealed" them all. [lol]

Seriously, so wonderful!!! [kiss]

Reminds me of the Golden Rule, "Do unto others what you would have them do unto you."

As I read your "list" it challenges me...that is what I want to do more and more.

I am enjoying reading the Bible through. I am a little behind right now...but catching up.

Sleep good and may the joy of the Lord be your strength!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

sammy, How are you doing? How about that PICC line?

We find strength in the shadow of His wings...(and I have a feeling...that's where we find everything we need).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59u7ipQ81Y

Good night, sleep tight.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you everyone for reminding me of His goodness...how much He cares for me.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends!

Thanks daisy!

I enjoyed the song you posted for sammy. [Smile]

I saw on the news this morning that OK is having alot of snow again.

Are you snowed in again? Be safe!

How is everyone else doing??? Hens, MDW, sammy, Lymetoo, Horsehelper, momindeep....and anyone else???

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
1 John 2:17 (NIV)

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning Dekrator I am doing well this morning, thanks for asking. I do like John scripture this morn.

I was thinking little this morning and a question popped...for real in my head. Do you understand why God loves you? Do you really know how much God loves you?'' Inspired by Daisy's line....
"How could I not love Him after the way He's loved me!" (how do you post this in bold?)

Thought I would challenge myself with this one today. Begins at the Roots correct? I will enjoy reading scriptures today. I really want to look at all the things He has done for me.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

momindeep, Glad you posted! Your post is a great reminder for all of us...Yes, He does care for us so much and His goodness is more than we'll ever realize this side of Heaven.

Dekrator, It is snowing again in OKC...maybe up to 12". This is crazy for Oklahoma. Plus the windchill is 13 BELOW zero. I saw on the news that it's colder in Oklahoma than Iowa right now. There is something wrong with that picture (I used to live in Iowa). [dizzy] [loco]

But I'm staying home, keeping nice and toasty, and prayed again that we do not lose electricity.

MDW, Glad you're doing well this morning.

About God's love...it is hard to fathom.

One thing that I thought of that has helped me, is related to my two sons. I could NEVER not love them. And if me being human feels that way about my two boys, just imagine how God feels about us?!

He made us. He says He knew us even before we were in the womb. (Hard to wrap my mind around that one.) Yet, If I could NEVER not love my two boys...then how could God NOT love His creation?!

Is that clear as mud?

I suppose we will never comprehend how much God loves us, for real, and we will have all eternity to try and grasp all of the facets of a God that loved us so much to die for us...making it possible for us to live with Him forever!!!

Makes me want to say...softly, tenderly, "Father God, Abba Father, I love You! Thank You from the bottom of my heart!" [bow]

Hmmmm...thinking outloud, I think it would be harder for a person to realize God's love...if they've not experienced human love.

Father God, use us to be Your hands and feet, and especially Your heart, to the people that You bring into our path...so that they want to join us on this journey to realizing more and more of Your amazing, awesome, wonderful love for Your creation.

Dekrator, 1 John 2:17...thanks for sharing. AMEN!

Everyone, How you doing? Pray you're having a HOPE-FILLED Day.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW, posting in bold, ah ha, the one thing I have learned how to do...

put this before the sentence you want to be bold

put this after the sentence you want to be bold

and it just happens magically.

OOPs it turned the sentence to bold so I'll have to give you the symbols on two different posts.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Doing this again...put this before the sentence you want in bold

[B]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Put this after the sentence you want in bold

[/B]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Well, we're snowed in, again, in Oklahoma...

Beautiful words from the Love Letter:

"So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other.

Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples" ~ Jesus

John 13:34-35 (New Living Translation)

Jesus, help us to love like You love,
not just in words but in actions too!

Have a great day everbody!

MDW005
Member # 22706

I was listening and watching a video a bit ago and this scripture came up so I looked in my bible and here it be....1 John 4:10 In this Love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent his Son to be propitiation for our sins.

God is love 1 John 4:7-21 I read it all.
Daisy stop it...lol. Those are beautiful words you posted. I will love.

1John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us,we also ought to love one another.

Dekrator.... You doing ok dear friend? I'm still praying. [group hug]

[ 02-09-2011, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

I learn so much from all that you post! [kiss]

You know that you can never leave lymenet and God Thought, right? [Wink]

Thanks for the scripture.

Love you for being you!!!

MDW,

Aww, thanks for your concern and the continued prayers!!!!

I went out for awhile to get a change of scenery. I like to look through the clearance racks at Kohl's. Then I went to Curves to exercise.

I haven't heard anything more from my son yet. I just keep praying too.

Thank you for posting the scripture.

Have a great evening all!!!

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have often pondered what kind of love that it must be that God has for us...He loves our own children more than we do...hard to believe, but it is true...I think on that one often.

He died for us, yet He was sinless.

The number of hairs on our heads he knows.

Our name is engraved on his hand...not written with marker or ink...but engraved.

His thoughts of me are innumerable, like the sands on the beach.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Those are just a few of the truths I remember off the top of my head...sorry I can't tell you what book and verse, but I know they are in the Bible.

It is mind-blowing.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, getting my evening God-thought cry in now... you guys are so good for me! And God is soooooo great!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends!

Thank you for all the prayers for my son, Andrew!

He is safely at his destination. He will be there for a little while and then will be traveling again.

Praying that all have a day filled with love and hope.

Ephesians 6:23-24 (NIV)

23 Peace to the brothers and sisters, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning Friends,

I haven't thought of this song in years...for some reason it is on my heart today. The words are so beautiful (the tune too...but didn't look for it on YouTube).

"For The Beauty of The Earth"
by Folliott S. Pierpoint, 1864

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies;
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the wonder of each hour,
Of the day and of the night;
Hill and vale and tree and flow'r,
Sun and moon, and stars of light;

For the joy of ear and eye,
For the heart and mind's delight;
For the mystic harmony,
Linking sense to sound and sight;

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child;
Friends on Earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild;

For Thy church that evermore,
Lifteth holy hands above;
Off'ring up on ev'ry shore,
Her pure sacrifice of love;

For the martyrs� crown of light,
For Thy prophets� eagle eye,
For Thy bold confessors� might,
For the lips of infancy.

For Thy virgins robes of snow,
For Thy maiden mother mild,
For Thyself, with hearts aglow,
Jesus, Victim undefiled.

For Thyself, best Gift Divine,
To the world so freely given,
For that great, great love of Thine,
Peace on earth and joy in heaven.

Amen.

Have a great day every day!!!

[group hug]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning Again!

Reading your recent posts was such a blessing. I'm at work and during my breaks will respond.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW,
Beautiful verse, 1 John 4:10, "In this Love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent his Son to be propitiation for our sins."

I was looking for your question...the one about "propitiation" [Wink]

One of the deepest, richest words in the whole Love Letter [bow]

WOW. if God loved us that much, then we should be compelled to love others too.

Dekrator,
I am so thrilled about your son. PTL!!! Thank You, Jesus!!! We'll keep praying God bring him home safely. You enjoy your peace and joy!!!

Dekrator says, "Love you for being you!!!" WOW, Thank you! There was a time I didn't like me, so I was whoever anyone wanted me to be.

Later God showed me that I was precious, special (peculiar actually) [Big Grin] AND He made everyone else that way too. How awesome is that!

So it's ok for me to be me...and it's ok for you to be you. In fact, that's best! WOW, I would never have thought I'd realize that. THAT is a miracle!

momindeep,
So good what you shared. It is those truths from God's Word, that He used, to minister to me about my brokeness and low self image.

"The number of hairs on our heads he knows.

Our name is engraved on his hand...not written with marker or ink...but engraved.

His thoughts of me are innumerable, like the sands on the beach.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

Thank you for sharing!

hens,
I know exactly what you mean. We do have so much to be thankful for. Sometimes the appreciation just spills over and comes out as tears!! [bow]

Friends, our God is great!

1 Chronicles 16:25,

"For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods."

\o/

Great day to everyone!

[group hug]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dearest daisy, I did not ask what propitiation meant because i have enough questions already.
The song was a deep song and I think I understan the word from the song.

God loved us so much that He sent his Son as a sacrifice to cleanse the sins from us and the damamge it has caused in a true meaningful relationship with Abba Father.

I do not feel well at all today, so please forgive me for not reading all the posts yet.i was reading from bottom. Try later okay family? still love yous.
umm... share a scripture quickly
Mt.22:36-37
" Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He says to him,"You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul,and with all your mind."

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

I didn't recognize the words to the song you posted, so I was curious and found it on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHIfRLNYUGw

It's a very pretty song!

Thank you for sharing in my joy and praise to God for my son's safety.

I enjoyed your thoughts on you being you and all of us being special. You have a way of making everything sound exciting!

MDW,

Praying that you feel better real soon!

Thanks for sharing that scripture!! It's a very inspirational one!

[group hug]

Speaking of love...I am reminded of God's enduring love for us and these lyrics in the song "At the Cross" that say...

"Even when I fail you, I know You love me"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOY0mjjmx8Y

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi momindeep and Hi Hens!!!!
[hi] [hi]

So glad you are here and it's good to read your thoughts!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW,

Appreciate you telling us how you're feeling today. You can't stop us from praying for you. [Razz] Love and hugs girl!!!

OH, WOW!!! Propitiation! You got it and said it beautifully!

"God loved us so much that He sent his Son as a sacrifice to cleanse the sins from us and the damamge it has caused in a true meaningful relationship with Abba Father."

The Greatest Commandment!

God sees my heart to want to love Him with all of me...but I fall short. [Frown] I'm so thankful for propitiation!! [bow]

Dekrator,

So glad you posted that song on "At The Cross". So comforting, awesome, and I can't think of the words to say (that's rare--Ha!) even when we fail Him...Oh, how He loves us!

And thanks for finding the song I was writing about. I listened to it. That is beautiful and that is the words...but I remembered a different tune. I looked and looked and finally found those words with the tune in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWBo9XXD21k

WOW (I'm using WOW a lot lately) one of the pictures in the video has a person, hands raised with a green light shining on them and the words are "Lord of all to Thee we raise"

I couldn't help but think of Lyme Disease...and, "Lord of all to Thee we raise...even LD and we pray for healing" He is the God that heals!!!

And Dekrator, there is a picture of troops in uniform in the song...very moving

Song gave me goosebumps!!!!!!!

Everyone have a good night's rest. Blessings always!

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning,

I was remined this morning of many thought, not just this weeks thoughts but last weeks and the week prior. Agape posted on an older post and I was so thankful for her, It was a great reminder and an awakining to reread parts of our life. Thank you Agape if you are reading this weeks God Thought.

It is so easy to get rapped up in our sorrows, pain, and stress. I want so much to scream how much I hate lyme disease, and forget to look at the big picture at times.

We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, character: and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into opur hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:2-5

I am learning what it is to put myself in someone else's place. I am learning that by accepting limitations, you make life a richer experience. And I am learning that people can be "HEALED" even if they are not cured.

Will try and catch up on God thought read and a week of chronological reading...wow time flies.

daisy quote and thought...
"So in spite of LD, LIVE, LAUGH, ENJOY the things you enjoy doing. Those endorfuns (heee heee) really do help to get better too."

--------------------

phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had to post and Thank God for answered prayers.

My greatgran daughter has been very sick and was hospitalized. The doctors that were treating her didn't know what was wrong. She was so sick it was scary.

Due to prayers, there was another doctor that intervened and within minutes started working with her and getting IVs going.. She was Dangerously Dehydrated (from the flu they think) but if God hadn't sent this doctor she was ready to go into cardiac arrest.

Praise God, she was released from the hospital yesterday and is up and eating.. She is still very tired and not herself. She has a follow up appointment this morning.

Just had to post and Praise GOD, I know it was the prayers and his will that she is home today..

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

phyl...what wonderful news for all of us to share in your praise. Very happy your grandaughter is doing so well.

Dekrator..I am so happy for you and your son, whew! still praying for him. Thank you for praying for me dear friend. The music was beautiful to my ears. I love music.

Daisy.... Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak but He is strong."

I have not yet made it to the precious part, but I do know that I have precious friends who care about me and pray for me. Thank you.

momindeep... I enjoyed reading your thoughts, please come join us more often.

Hens.... me too want to cry happy/thankful tears  -

God is doing alot for me and so are my dear friends, just when I think I have had my fill, God opens more doors and Bible messages of His love. I missed bible study this week do to not feeling well, but still in return I sure have received love.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good afternoon friends!

daisy,

Aww, yes, now I recognize that tune you posted!! Thanks for finding the one in your head.

I feel proud when I see pics of troops in uniform. I love my son for wanting to serve.

MDW,

I enjoyed reading all your thoughts and "rethoughts" from previous threads.

Thanks for also rejoicing in my son's safety.

I love hearing how God is working in your life!!!

Still praying for you to feel better!!
[group hug]

phyl,

Wow! So happy to hear that your greatgrandaughter is home and doing much better!

God heard your prayers and sent exactly what she needed!! [bow] [woohoo]

God is soooooo good!

I learned at church today that today is a World Day of Prayer for the Sick.

Praying for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Evening All,

As I read the posts since my last post...it echos in my heart...Our God is so very good!!! And we are so very blessed!!!

phyl,

WOW! I am thanking God with you for His great faithfulness toward your great granddaughter and entire family.

Oh, Lord God, You do answer prayer.
You are worthy to be praised.
You are worthy of all the honor and the glory...you alone worked out the details and intervened in this girls life. Thank you!

You share, "Just had to post and Praise GOD, I know it was the prayers and his will that she is home today." And we are so glad you did!

MDW,

Sorry you are hurting...you are in my prayers. May you experience God's touch.

I, too, was blessed reading the past God Thought thread. God's word is eternal and it blesses us, and ministers to us, again and again and again...well, always. Plus reading the history of our lives and connecting with God and each other.

Beautiful scripture you shared:

Romans 5:2-5 that you shared...comforting.

You share, "I am learning what it is to put myself in someone else's place."

Had a thought. As we are able to do that...perhaps it helps us to better understand what Jesus did for us. He totally has walked in our shoes..and even died in our place for our sins. He knows what we are going through.

Dekrator, you are a blessing to me. Thank you for your kind words to all of us...faithfully. Have a great weekend!

It's been a good, busy day for me...plan to take it easy tonight.

Have a good night's rest friends. [group hug]

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi friends [Smile] It's good to see you all here.

This week has gone by so quickly for me. I didn't realize how much I missed until I came and read yesterday.

Dekrator, what good news you share. Thank you for the update. "Thank you Lord for taking care of Andrew! Please continue to be with him and bless him every moment of every day. Please also bless all the men and women serving with him and their families back at home. Let your light and your love shine brightly in this world. Thank you Lord."

Phyl, it's good to see you here. Thank you for sharing with us your good news. It is always encouraging to here how God answers prayers. He is performing miracles all around us (and in us!). How great it is when we actually recognize them for what they are.

MDW, I do hope that you feel better soon. I saw your post yesterday and have been praying for you. Thank you for sharing Romans 5:2-5. I needed that. It is so easy to get caught up in our own pain that we lose focus.

Daisy, I'm so glad that you are you and you are here [Smile] How did you know I loved that song (Third Day- Your Love, Oh Lord)? I've been listening to that CD alot lately.

Hens, I totally agree with you, you all (everyone reading this) are so good for me! God is so great...

He has, as always, continued to provide. My PICC line has been working and I pray that it will continue to do so. I was able to start a new IV med a couple days ago. Hoping and praying to experience some big improvements with this change. I've really not been feeling well and have had a hard time dealing with it lately.

Holidays are supposed to be happy days. With Valentines day fast approaching I feel very aware of my singleness. I got sick 6.5yrs, I was 22yrs old. Most of my friends are married, having kids, buying houses, getting higher degrees and better jobs. I feel like such a failure and a burden. I know in my head that God does not judge success like the world does. But in my heart I judge myself by the world's standards.

I don't know how to change these things that I feel. All I know to do is to pray that God will help me. Pleasing him is what really matters in the end.

Thank you all for listening and caring. Sleep well tonight.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Friends, I have read your post and would love to reply to each but this has been a stressful week and I Thank God for letting me be there and help during the little ones illness but it has taken an toll on my body so having to rest a lot etc.

Prayers and thoughts for each of you and God's Praises...

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dear Sammy, It is so good to always see you here too.

What a beautiful post...made my eyes fill with tears...from your prayer to sharing so personally.

That is a powerful prayer you prayed for Andrew and the other men and women serving America, serving us. I say a hearty, AMEN!

How true, the week did go by so fast.

About that song, I didn't know you loved it and you've been listening to it so much (Third Day-Your Love) but Our Father knows everything. He knows you inside out...I would say He knew.

Isn't it amazing how God uses others to minister to us. It happens to me all the time, especially on God Thought. [bow]

That was exciting news about your PICC line. To God be the glory. He did answer our prayers for you.

I'm joining with you in prayer that the new IV med does work!!! And we can praise Our God for another answered prayer soon!!!

Sammy, thank you for sharing your heart with us. Being young and single, having your whole life to look forward to with all the dreams in your heart...and then you got sick...Nos 6 1/2 years later... [Frown]

BUT that's not the end of the story!

You are so sweet and God sees all the dreams in your heart. He is more than able to fulfill them...in the perfect timing...which could be a lot sooner than you may be thinking at this moment.

These verses come to my mind, Ephesians 3:20-21 (New Living Translation),

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen."

In reading the Bible chronologically a verse really hit me, in a good way, from the book of Job.

Job 42:12, "And the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning."

You share, "But in my heart I judge myself by the world's standards. I don't know how to change these things that I feel. All I know to do is to pray that God will help me. Pleasing him is what really matters in the end."

Feelings can be so deceptive, and the world "shouts" so loud it's easy to drowned out the reality of the truth. God help us!

I watch a church online. I love the worship and the preaching. Here's a great quote by Dr. Joel C. Hunter, Senior Pastor, Northland Church, Orlando, Florida.

"May I be the first to wish you a Holy New Year! A lot of people wish you Happy New Year, but the way I hear this works, is that if you first seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness all else will be added unto you.

If you pursue holiness, happiness will be yours. If you pursue happiness, likely you will get neither."

Yup, Sammy, you are doing right, good...and you'll probably get holiness and happiness. [Big Grin]

I am praying for God's healing touch upon your whole being. May you be encouraged in spirit, restored in soul, may God give you wisdom and a clear mind, may He touch your body and may you begin feeling better and better. In the Name above every name, the Great Physician, Jesus.

May you have a better day than yesterday.

Love and hugs!!!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Awww Phyl, Don't ever feel that you HAVE TO respond to all the posts. God always works that out. I find times I'm not able to respond for various reasons and God always uses one of the others to respond.

I'm just so thankful to hear from you and have you share with us.

Sorry it's been such a stressful week. It's hard when the little ones don't feel good. Hope the little one is feeling all better now. Such a good mommy!

May you get some good rest this weekend and your "gas tank" be filled back up...raring to go in no time.

Come back often...and post when you can. You are a blessing to us!!!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning,

I woke up this morning with a song on my heart...but before I got out of bed, I did what Dekrator does. She shared with us earlier this week (I think it was)...she prays for the God Thought friends, etc... then get's out of bed. Oh, WOW, Dekrator.

It was a privilege and joy to pray for you!!

I found the song that is on my heart it is Psalm 5. I found one with the lyrics on YouTube and it starts with a man reading the Psalm 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzrSkMIQCIY&feature=related

You will be blessed!!!

God hears your voice...He sees your heart. He answers our prayers.

Have a busy day planned, catch you later. [hi]
[group hug]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning my dear friends,

Daisy you have such beauitful words that touch my heart, even the ones that are not directed at me but for other God family... brings a tear to my eye, your heart felt words. and the song you posted, well I do not have a word to describe, pick one.

I was up and moving real early this morn. Kameron was looking a bit shaggy so we had to clip a few hairs. and shopping , my girls are comming over tomorrow for a valentine family dinner after I get back from church, will be a glorious day.
I feel better spiritually today even with pain. attitude..thumbs up. I too have much to be done, chat with my family after bit. Thankful day it is. Thank you my Father and my God thought family

--------------------

LIQUIDNAIL
Member # 30454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LIQUIDNAIL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anytime God is involved it helps with the attitude. Smile it makes people wonder what u are thinking [Smile]

--------------------
misdiagnosed for 19yrs until 2007 and trying to be positive for the future

Posts: 21 | From mt.juliet tn | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW!!!! So glad to read your post. You share, "I feel better spiritually today..." that is so BIG!

May God give you strength and touch you...exactly where it needs to happen...His expertise.

Blessings God Thought Friend!

I gotta get going...working today on some writing projects. Really enjoy doing that!

17hens
Member # 23747

Can't remember ever hearing Psalm 5 before. I LOVE it!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

I prayed for you all before getting out of bed this morning too!

I wonder if God wants to take magnesium like I do when a lot of sounds (prayers) come at Him at the same time... [Smile]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

LIQUIDNAIL, I just noticed your post...I see we posted about the same time...but...you beat me!!!

So glad to see you on God Thought!

I sure like what you said...Every word was great!

In fact, it was so great I'm going to copy and paste it right here [Big Grin]

LIQUIDNAIL says, "anytime God is involved it helps with the attitude. Smile it makes people wonder what u are thinking [Smile]

Hens, Wasn't that beautiful. And I was touched be the elderly gentlemen reading Psalm 5 before the song began.

Oh, WOW, you too! Prayed before getting out of bed. Must be God's Thoughts speaking to us this morning. [lol] I love it when that happens.

You are too funny that last line...ummmm...anyway....thank God He made magnesium...huh?!...but I kinda, sorta, think...it's for us. [Razz]

Everyone have a great day.

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam,
I'm afraid of Picc line. Was supposed to get blood work again. I gotta change Dr., and I am. LLD. This Dr. is Infectious Disease and I've felt weired since going to her. Why? She only RX'd me; doxy 100mg. 2 daily. This is inadequate and I'm very sick again!

I have a call into a Dr. that people on the forum stated is good. My other thought, do nothing! I wonder if it'll even work!

Hope You're well

HH
[hi]

--------------------
I'm glad to know I'm not alone
Some peace of mind I somehow find
Through folks like you with Lyme!

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Horsehelper, good eve to you. I noticed that you directed your thoughts to Sammy but cannot help but to say a few words of thought for you.

Hope has been a chosen word for me this year. I did not choose it; He chose it.
You say...."My other thought, do nothing! I wonder if it'll even work!"

Let me say... How can God direct your steps if you are fearful and not taking any?

Katherine Paterson wrote... Hope is not a feeling; it's something you do.

Even when illness has narrowed your world a bit, maybe you can still be hopeful, wide-eyed child of God, waiting to see what He has in mind next.

Take a chance, take a step, and hope will follow.

Not trying to step on your toes, thoughts that I have learned and learning from that scary word "fear."

--------------------

17hens
Member # 23747

Yes, MDW, I agree. I've learned alot about "fear" in my lyme journey too.

I've learned that when I meet it, in whatever form, I turn away from and choose to follow the thing that brings me hope.

I refuse to allow fear to influence my steps (or lack of steps).

The Lord is NOT fear. He is hope. I will follow hope.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good evening friends!

Our internet service was down for awhile but now is back up.

Lots of posts to read since I was last here!

sammy wrote:

"Thank you Lord for taking care of Andrew! Please continue to be with him and bless him every moment of every day. Please also bless all the men and women serving with him and their families back at home. Let your light and your love shine brightly in this world. Thank you Lord."

Thank you sooooo very much for your beautiful prayer, sammy!! [kiss]

It warmed my heart so much!

I'm praying that your PICC line continues to work and your new IV med helps you.

You are a BLESSING and not a burden or a failure.

You will have learned sooo much from your trials that you will be the one to savor every moment of life...never taking anything for granted.

God will send that special someone into your life in His timing. He knows you better than anyone.

You are one awesome person and I am grateful to know you here.

daisy,

Awesome thoughts you shared, as usual!

Thanks for sharing Ephesians 3:20-21 and Job 42:12 when you replied to sammy.

I love how you are always able to think of the perfect scripture for any situation. [kiss]

Thanks for the prayers!!! Can never have too many of those!

Wow, daisy, I WAS blessed by the video of Psalm 5. Beautiful....made me teary.

phyl,

Glad you were able to stop in. Rest up and we'll see you when you are able.

I will pray for you.
[group hug]

MDW,

Still praying for you, dear friend! Enjoy your lovely Valentine's Day dinner with your family!

Enjoyed reading your thoughts about fear....good advice.

Hi Liquidnail!

I liked your thought about smiling! [Smile]

Hi Hens! [hi]

How's your daughter feeling?

Still praying for your whole family.

Thank you for your prayers too.

Horsehelper,

We've all been through the learning process that comes with this illness.

God will guide you to what you need.

Praying for you!

Everyone sleep peacefully and may God comfort you in His arms tonight.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

God Thought Friends, not one but two verses come to my mind about fear...yeah, I know you're not surprised [Big Grin]

"Perfect love casts out fear" (1 John 4:18).

"God hasn't given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7)

Dekrator, So glad to see you tonight. Bummer your internet went down...but so glad it's back up.

I am so thankful you are here! What you shared with everyone is perfect and so encouraging! God bless you my friend!

And God bless everyone tonight. The last line you share Dekrator..."Everyone sleep peacefully and may God comfort you in His arms tonight." AMEN!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning on this Lord's Day,

This morning I started reading "Our Daily Bread (ODB) online and then noticed the "listen" option. So I listened to it, that was cool. Very good...talking about God's attributes.

Following is one of the scriptures from today's ODB.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations'' (Ps. 46:10).

This verse reminds me of a short blog I wrote several months ago:

"No matter what is happening

around us,

in us,

to us,

we can just be still and realize

without a doubt

that our God is GOD INDEED!

He will always get the last word.

BTW, He got the first word too.

Be still and know..........God."

Praying you have a great day getting to know Our Father better!

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I'm at the Gramys, don't want to leave anyone out!

Everyone, know that I was newly diagnosed. As with cancer or any illness it takes a time to process. I will get there.

MD: I truly need the rememinder, I should know better, God is the Great Physician, not man! I stick by those words! If can heal me right now!

Dek, your faithfulness to me and all of us is heart warming, thanks so much for supporting me.

Daisy, "Be still", I love that scripture! When I sit here by my window and look out at the snow and the birds, I am so very very grateful for simplistic life.

17hens, hope you are having a joyous day in the Lord! Church was nice for us. [kiss] [group hug]

--------------------
I'm glad to know I'm not alone
Some peace of mind I somehow find
Through folks like you with Lyme!

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon friends,

Daisy that sure is alot to meditate on....He sure does not ask much does He. smile.... "He is I AM. Our God is the Mighty One." Yes I read OBD because you got me curious.

Dekrtor.... Thank you so much for always being here and thank you for prayer. Not sure what happened with my health I sure fell back many steps, but I will be okay. You are a dear friend.

Sammy how are you today? Thank you for also praying for me.

Hens... great to see you, I love it when you pop in, you make me smile.

I had a thankful church service this morning and am thankful God gave me the strength to attend service. It was so beautiful worshiping Him, and the choir sang superbly, violins and all today. WOW!

Good day my dear friends.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good afternoon dear friends!

I love having such nice, supportive, faithful friends!!! [woohoo]

Today we had a great time attending church with our grandsons, then breakfast out, then an indoor soccer game, then lunch out, then back to our house.

Now my husband is playing ice hockey outside with the boys...in the snow.

Just got a picture of the "team".

Gave the boys their Valentine's surprises in case we don't see them tomorrow.

I'm reading the pamphlet that was in our church bulletin today...it is "Christopher News Notes".

It says, "Three steps toward God...

In this fast paced, frenzied world, these three "R's" can keep you grounded in your faith in God.

READ. Study sacred scripture. Think about what the Lord says about how you should live your life.

REFLECT. Take a time out daily. Pray that you might know the Lord's will for you.

REACT. Love your neighbor, so your faith becomes a gift for others as well, healing and rejoicing, fortifying and uplifting."

Also says, "Each of us, in challenging times, can draw strength from the God whose love is boundless and who never abandons us."

and..

"Each of us is part of God's family, called to foster faith, hope and love for our brothers and sisters."

and includes this prayer:

"Lord, increase my faith...

...to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt.

...to bring peace and healing where there is chaos and suffering.

...to give hope to the weary and strength to the weak.

...to foster life-affirming choices in every moment.

Lord, increase my faith so that I may treasure Your precious gifts, and live always in the joyful knowledge of Your great love."

--------------------

phyl6648
Member # 28522

Third day in bed. Tomorrow is our anniversary I didn't even get hubby a card, nor will feel like going out or cooking him a good meal.

Its times like these I feel what am I here for but know there is a reason and I will bounce back, one day..Its so hard to accept who I am instead of who I want and use to be.

Have so much to be thankful for, greatgran still doing as well as expected. God is so great..

My Prayers and love to each of you..

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

My 4 year old grandson keeps me on my toes.

Here are some questions he asked me this evening... [Smile]

Do priests die?

Can they see Heaven?

What does Heaven look like?

Then he and our 7 yr old grandson wanted to play church with us....it was so sweet as they tried to recreate what they saw and did in church today.

Warms my heart.

[kiss] [group hug]

Sleep well everyone!!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

phyl,

I'm sorry that you are so sick.

Our God is the God of all comfort and mercy.

May He give you comfort and hope for a better tomorrow.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning!!!

Great reading your posts...as always.

Yesterday our church service was great too. The pastor has been doing a series on "Cradle, Cross, Crown". He talked about "Crown" and us having the true picture of the RISEN LORD, JESUS. It was powerful!!!

Jesus is not a wimp. Ha!

There is nothing impossible for our God...and He does work all things our together for good. [dizzy] [bow]

Have a great Valentine's Day...if you have a honey...oh, and also have a Great Valentine's Day with your Lord.

(I'm at work and will post during breaks...hopefully.) [Big Grin]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

HH,

We do have so much to be thankful for. Plus counting our blessings is always good. Helps to put things in perspective...especially whwen we need it most. HH, it's a blessing to have you on "God Thought" and Lymenet in general. [Big Grin]

Dekrator,

Thanks for sharing the devotional material. I like that...it helps when there is like "the three R's" helps to remember. "Read, Reflect, React"...so true.

May we be doers of His word and not hear only (according to James 1). That is my prayer for me in 2011.

I love reading about your grandsons. Awww so precious. Would have been great to be a fly on your wall...watching them play church. WOW! You can tell that they are getting a good "God" education and it is so real to them.

One of my sons was always asking deep questions. Made me think and do research too. And now you have your 4 year old!!! grandson doing the same thing.

I called my son "my little philosopher". He is now a big philosopher!!!

Life is a wonderful circle. And to think we live FOREVER! [bow]

Beautiful what you shared with Phyl, "Our God is the God of all comfort and mercy.

May He give you comfort and hope for a better tomorrow."

AMEN!!!

Have a great day, and think those happy thoughts about your family...especially those precious grandchildren! [spinning smile]

tbc...to be continued

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW,

One of the really great things about God...seriously, how can I say..."One of" because all of the great things about Him are infinite...never could be listed. The list goes forever!! [woohoo]

Oh, well, anyway...

So one of the great things is found in this scripture

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him" (Philippians 2:13, NLT).

Isn't that amazing! God shows us His will (what pleases Him) and then gives us the power to do His will.

You church service sounds great...that worship music!!! I so enjoy it when the church uses those instruments...I really like the trumpet.

Pray you're doing better, have a much better week.

Blessings to you!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Phyl,

We know how you feel and that can be a discouraging place to be. So sorry you've not been able to get up and about. The people who love you, I'm sure, are more than understanding.

We're all praying for you. Pray that today is the start of a better day and a better week.

You have a beautiful spirit and a beatiful attitude. WOW, you are so grateful...that goes a long way to getting along on this "journey".

May the Great Physician touch you in a special way! You are His Valentine...ALWAYS...every minute, make that every second, I mean every nano-second!!! [kiss]

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends!

daisy,

I like hearing about your family too...like when your sons were little and now that they are grown.

Even though I have read the scripture you posted before...

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him" (Philippians 2:13, NLT)...

it spoke to me today....funny how that happens. [bow]

Friends,

I am heading out to run errands. First I am going to Curves to help the owner pick out a new paint color for the walls.

My screen name, Dekrator, is just a play on the spelling of "decorator"...bet you would have never guessed that!

I really enjoy interior decorating.

May the Lord bless all of you today, knowing that His love is everlasting!

Praying for you all!!!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning All,

Since today is Valentine's Day I wanted to post this verse for everyone. It was hard to post this one verse because all of 1 John 4 is sooooo AWEsome!!! If you get a chance, I encourage you to read it.

1 John 4:10, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." \o/ Hallelooo!!!

THAT IS TRUE LOVE!

Have a LOVEly Valentine's Day!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator, yeeeeeeeeah, I guessed it (that's how I say your name "decorator". That's what I thought!!! I always like knowing why a person decided on their "name".

It is interesting how what people post speaks to us...me too...happens often...and I like it alot!!

MDW005
Member # 22706

Daisy I did read 1John 4 at the beginning of the week every word! There is so much to be said for this chapter. chapter is that right word 4:1-21? Now I have read it a second time. Now if I could just get caught back up on my chronological reading that would be a smile.

Dekrator/decorator yes thats what I also thought. Enjoy yourself today and I very much enjoyed reading about you and your grandsons.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy and MDW...you two are too smart! You figured me out!

I am going to go read 1 John4.

Hugs to all my friends on this day to celebrate love.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

This was sent to me and I read every scripture, but I do not understand the life, push, faith, act in each scripture. maybe someone might be able to break it down more for me?

L.I.F.E. P.U.S.H. F.A.I.T.H. A.C.T.
Love In Family Enjoyment L.I.F.E. 1 Cor. 13
Pray Until Something Happens P.U.S.H. Luke 11:1-13
Families Are Important to Him F.A.I.T.H. Rom 8:30-39
Action Control Trust A.C.T. Heb. 11
...AMEN

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

[Smile] I caught up on my Bible lessons tonight [Smile]

Ten Commandments..thinking umm...1. duty to God; believe and trust in Him. Yes?
2)our duty to our neighbor. Yes?

covenant is a relationship initiated by God,and people respond in faith. Correct? okay so there is an old covenant, is there a new? (OT, NT)

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 John 4:10, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." Hmmm that is true love!

Happy Valentine's day friends [Smile]

This is the song that's been playing in my head today: "For the Glory of Your Name" by Michelle Tumes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keEY2a-TdWY

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

PS: I enjoy hearing about your families.

Dekrator, I had to laugh when I read your grandson's questions. I love being around kids. They teach you so much about God's character. And they're a lot of fun!

MDW005
Member # 22706

Sammy this is a beautiful song that you have shared, I have listened to it a couple times this morning. Well I am off in a few to learn with a cup of coffee in both hands.

Have an eye opened morning, [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement