LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Still sick after ABX!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still sick after ABX!
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, as everyone mentioned, ten days of doxy was not enough.

Labs tomorrow, then picc line if still positive.

I do, however, have the symptoms as I did before.All the symptoms arrived only two days folowing abx; runny nose, headache, flue like feelings, aches, weak/fatigue,and such a pain right elbow!

Well, at least it's sunny today.

Meeting with a couple and the hubby has had Lyme since 1997. I need the support right now.

Blessings!
HH
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I'm glad to know I'm not alone
Some peace of mind I somehow find
Through folks like you with Lyme!

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a shock! [lol]

Hope you have a good visit with this person. Onward, forward! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I had a great time. 2 l/2 hours of Lyme talkin!

They got me convinced to check out a LLD in PA. I am calling to check my insurance. It's l.5 hour drive.

I'm not shocked! I knew she didn't provide the protocol for treatment. It's all cool!

Bye, [tsk]

--------------------

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have all of our support HorseHelper.

Good luck with the ins. and the LLMD...

Feel better!!!

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HorseHelper,

Your symptoms sound just like mine when I stopped doxy after 4 weeks. Everything returned in 2 or 3 days.

I believe now that was Bartonella front and center for me.

I would be interested to know which LLMD in PA was recommended to you. PM me if you want to share.

Blessings,
Hens

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is absurd that you have to have labs done after only 10 days of doxy to see if you need a picc line when your symptoms are still present.

It goes to show that Dr's need to learn to treat the patient, not the lab test.

I pray that you find the LLMD that you need.

[group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you got to talk with someone who has been dealing with this for a while. It helps to talk with people in person.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad things are moving along for you HH and doors are opening!

Dekrator shares, "It goes to show that Dr's need to learn to treat the patient, not the lab test."

Hear, hear!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daisyrlb:
"It goes to show that Dr's need to learn to treat the patient, not the lab test."

DR C says this in his WB explanation! and he lives it

horsehelper... have a chat with 17 hens . . she's been around the barnyard with drs there! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo: horsehelper... have a chat with 17 hens . . she's been around the barnyard with drs there! [Razz] [/QB]
[lol] [lol]

Yes, I stumbled over way too many turkeys, ducks and even an a$$ or two on my way thru the barnyard! [dizzy]

I just want to save you time and trouble! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Right now, I'm beside myself. I want to forget everybit of treatment and just pray. I'm fed up with all this crap!

Sorry, got nothing good to say today. Totally confused!!!! Too many opinions are messin my head up and I am so ill I cannot think right! [cussing] [cussing]

--------------------

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope tomorrow is a better day HH!

[group hug]

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Thx. momlyme,
Emotional lately. I was doing well on the depression issue which I've had for years. A screwed up childhood and a rape certainly makes one get teary, ya know?

Difficult to see God in it all, I'm sorry. I don't want to be like this. Pray is so hard now.

Thx. for writing me. I sure need everyone.

--------------------

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

God has been in my life since 16, now 52. I want to say how much I love Him. This recent diagnoses is something I need to get used to, forgive me for sounding negative.

God suffered much more than I, didn't He?

[bow]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The meds will do that to you. Keep focusing on getting well. Sorry to hear about your past.

Tomorrow will be better!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LIQUIDNAIL
Member # 30454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LIQUIDNAIL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont let your faith go now. its these times we need to dig as deep as possiable to reach for God.

even if your ****ed at the world. dont let lyme win. im new here and i feel your pain. let God hear you and let him back in.

its ok to be angery. just dont let it take over and blind you of the power God has.

--------------------
misdiagnosed for 19yrs until 2007 and trying to be positive for the future

Posts: 21 | From mt.juliet tn | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LIQUIDNAIL
Member # 30454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LIQUIDNAIL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like you have a good history with him. keep it going

--------------------
misdiagnosed for 19yrs until 2007 and trying to be positive for the future

Posts: 21 | From mt.juliet tn | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Thx. all!
Going to sweat it out on the dance floor. Slept several hours (nap) so I should be ok. [woohoo]

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HorseHelper: My heart goes out to you....I know you must be very angry! I understand. (You & I are the same age, btw, and both love horses).

I don't remember when you said you contracted Lyme. Is it a recent infection? Like within the last couple of months?

Wow, my friend, you are right. You aren't alone!!! Go girl...beat the stuffin outta this bug! You'll be doing a Lyme dance before ya know it!

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Before the stuff eats me up I'm not shuttin up. Contacted newstation and Plain Dealer newspaper and have distriuted several posters on group meeting for Lyme. Seems no one else is doing it, so I need/have too!

I refuse to
this devil disease kill me!!!@$@$@@$

Glad you have a liking for horses, their my favorite animal, well, next to my 103# lab whom I adore daily with nose kisses!!!!!

Tested 2003 and showed positive bands, but nothing was addressed. I lost my job because of how ill I was, and I sought out an attorney, nothing happened. Now, in this past Nov they retested and I had positive markings.

Infectious Dis.Dr. is treating mean, however, upon completion of doxy, I'm sick again. Going to another Dr. that a person on this forum mentioned. She is not in network, but I do not want to travel to PA either. I'm a homebody!

Thanks for being a concerned Lyme patient! I need it as we all do!

And you? how long for you?

Blessings, and big Hugs!!!!
[group hug]

--------------------

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Sorry about misspelled words. Distributed and mean is "me". I'm not doing good with writing or balance or my eyes lately. [dizzy]

--------------------

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find the BEST LLMD your money can afford and just get there. It is the first day in the rest of your life.

Travel to where ever you HAVE to to get properly treated and cured. Anything less is not worth the cost.

Distance does not matter, just get there if you have to beg borrow or steal,,,,yes I said that!!!

I can see your being mistreated,,,anybody thinks 10 days of doxy and your all better??? Just better run away from that idea.

And multiple testing???Run faster!!!

Time and education here will get you going in the right direction!!!

be well, ib--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Because of all the info, I don't know what to do. Went to office for blood work, they were gone! Makes me wonder and doubt! I have the symptoms, I know I still have it. Why should I continue to dish out $$$$$ for add'l testing. Just IV me!!!!

But really, why do anything at this point? I've had it, I'm sure, for over one year. What's the antibiotics really gonna do, it'll come back, won't it? I've heard this in so many already.

ARK: I'm thinking of leasing a horse, I just have to find the courage to bring it up to hubby.
He won't go for it. They only want about $150 a month. That's not bad. I had to vet bill, nothing. $150 covers it all!

LIQUIDNAIL; Hi. Yes, trying to pray through it and leaving it up to God now, not Dr.

Don, thanks! You are right.

[dizzy]

--------------------

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Hi everyone!

Ark, loved your cute comment!
I'll kill'em dead with my garlic tea. Two evenings I've been ingesting the smelly stuff. Good for the ugly parasites!

Nice day today. It's much much warmer and sunny!

Got a lot done yesterday. Dog and I went to nursing home, cleaned condo and vac/cleaned inside of my convertable.

Cannot wait to have the dog and I cruise!!!!!!!

His lips flap in the wind and the slime just flies in my face and I love every bit of him!!!
He is by me now, he is my best friend.

Because of my sick (paranoid schiz) son, I call my dog the son that doesn't hurt me and he's always happy to see me. Thank God for animals.

DOG backwards is GOD, isn't that something??!! [hi]

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HorseHelper: Go girl!! Whoopee....hey, you may want to look into Salt-C protocol. It kills everything! Even though I'm through with ABX and doing well, I'm on Salt-C for parasites and to make sure I get all the LYme cootie doo-doo outta my system.

If you'll go to http://saltc.proboards.com/ and look at www.lymephotos.com, you'll understand more how having parasites actually sets us up to have a weaker immune system. The good thing about Salt-C is it kills the bugs and kills bacteria, too!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said "But really, why do anything at this point? I've had it, I'm sure, for over one year. What's the antibiotics really gonna do, it'll come back, won't it? I've heard this in so many already."

HorseHelper Please Please Please don't give up on treating your Lyme infection!

Even if you've been sick for over a year you CAN get better with proper treatment. If you don't do anything you WILL get sicker. This is what happened to me. I was sick for 4.5yrs before I was properly diagnosed. Every year I got significantly worse. The longer you wait to treat, the more life you lose (talking about ability to work, socialize, care for yourself, etc...)

I don't mean to scare you but I do want you to realized that what you are dealing with is serious stuff. Lyme is an infection. It will not go away on it's own. If you had a strep infection you would treat it, right? We all know that if you don't treat a strep infection it could go on to damage your heart and cause death. Lyme can do the same, it can damage all of your body systems.

So please contact an LLMD, get evaluated properly and start treatment. If you don't want to use antibiotics then find an LL ND (naturopath) to guide you in your treatment.

Hugs,
your sis' in OH

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo had it for 50 years, maybe more,,,and SHE is well and going strong!!!!!

Just because you have had it a year doesnt mean a THING!!!

Find a GOOD 'LLMD', get abx treated and get on with life,,,its a long and bumpy road but everybody here has to travel it!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Sammy,

You are right! I know, too, I was in the medical profession.

I will say this, drinking my garlic tea at night as helped greatly! Seriously! I haven't really sweated much and after I drink this I do. Plus the next day I have energy.

Getting ready to do a gig. Have to perform/sing. I am glad I'm feeling good today because I have heavy equipment.

Thanks,
HH
[hi]

--------------------

phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horsehelper, how to you prepare garlic tea?

tks

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

I boil 2 or 3 cloves. When done add all of it to mug. Add a little honey, cinnamen, and lemon.

I even did this; cut several fresh pieces of garlic and swallowed them. I figured this really is as natural as it gets.

Hope I'm not hurting myself. Can't feel any worse than I do now, HA, right?

[kiss]

--------------------

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think that if you just ignore this, that you are going to be okay?

Do you think that you will actually get better?

You said that you think that maybe there is no point of treating this since you have had it for about a year.

If I compared how I felt in year one, comparing to how I felt in year 2,,,I would say that I went into a serious decline! and by year 3 we were planning my funeral and checking my will!!!

Are you kidding? I am not sure if you were serious or not. Are you really planning on just trying to ignore this? Wow!

That is like someone saying that they might as well just ignore the cancer because they didn't catch it right away!

By year 3, I was bedridden and screaming in pain!!! I had a list of 20 symptoms. My life was ending. Then I went to a LLMD and within a week, some symptoms resolved!

I never doubted for one second this treatment route! No other answers or treatments were offered to me from any other specialists. They all told me I was depressed and to go home and not bother them anymore.

This disease has ruined so many things in my life!

I always try to remember that almost everyone has had a horrific childhood and that lots of people get raped and abused.

There are billions of people that are living in China, India, Africa and South America that have a really tough life. What does this have to do with trying to get well and be there for those that need you around?

You are so very lucky to have figured this out this early in the stages of Lyme and co-infections!

What ever you do! make sure that your LLMD treats you for the co-infections. That is the key to getting well.

I am so mad today because, while I am in torturous pain and feeling like I am being suffocated! I have to now go and work for over 40 hours in the next 4 days!

I run and hide in the bathroom and collapse on the floor and cry!! every moment I get! I can barely walk and think because I feel so ill. I feel like I have a fever of 104,,,,

then I come here for support and about people complaining about wether or not to treat this illness.

It is so weird! and annoying! I can't stand it anymore! I would give anything just to be back at year one of this illness! Anything!

All I do all day is beg God for mercy. Having a worse form of Malaria, plus Lyme, plus Bartonella is so horrific! I actually tell God that it would be okay if he took me home to heaven. I feel like a semi-truck has crushed my body, and that a gang of theives have stabbed me to death with knives. Every single breath that I take is so much work.

I lie in bed all day, alone and no one cares.

I just don't understand why people don't try to get help as soon as possible. It doesn't make sense.

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Missing,
People don't get help because they don't know.

1997 was when I started testing for MS, LUPUS, Lyme.

I, like many, have been ignored and pushed through the cracks.

God cares and loves us. I draw closer to Him and He wants me to rely on Him.

I hope that peace comes for everyone here. I prayed for everyone and myself.

I've had to step away from my PC because of all the negative feedback about Lyme and I know that depression is nothing that I can afford.

Hope you have a good day everyone.

[hi]

--------------------

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Sammy,

Hi there in Ohio, Where in Ohio? I'm in Strongsville, close to Cleveland.

Are you feeling well today? I hope you are.

Ark: I found a horse that I will be leasing in the spring/summer. Very reasonable. I used to work with this horse at the Camp I volunteer at for the disabled. I have been allowed to commit one month at a time. It was made clear to the owner that I'm not sure how I will feel from month to month.

Although I don't have strong desires of riding, I prefer ground work. Bonding develops greatly through the grooming and I would have to be careful with my back if I do ride.

Because I love animals so much, this is very healing and will make me focus on them rather than myself.

[kiss]

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Horsehelper: Right on my friend! Horses are excellent therapy. It's perfectly okay to just do ground work. I haven't ridden my horse in 3 months. Actually, only been on him about 3 times in the past 6 months. I've just lost my zeal.

Plan to get with a trainer in a month or so to start over. I think it'll make me feel better. I'm not down physically from the LYme, but emotionally I'm beat right now. So we'll both heal together; you in the north, me in the south.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Ark,

I am very sorry. Hope you still go out to see your horse. Do you have it at the house?

Seeing the horse is more important than riding, that's more of a human thing. There's so much to be said about ground work, not because I do it but because of the level of connection.

I went to a barn this summer and the one horse rested his head on my shoulder and nuzzled my ear. There wasn't a place in the whole world that I wanted to be, but right there.

I was in my fullest glory. At least my husband is on board with me about it. He knows how much of a healing it truly provides.

Have a super day. I have a singing gig this afternoon. I started this business about three years ago and finally ended my cleaning business awhile back because of this illness and back problems.

[hi]

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

HorseHelper, you are wonderful. You will recover because you keep on fighting. I know you will get well....!

Yes, I keep my horse at home. Because of my working hours (12 hr shifts) there are some days I don't see him at all, as it's after dark when I get home. Hubby feeds him for me when he feeds the cows.

-

Take care and keep fighting!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Ark,
Beautiful! Simply adorable!

How'd you do the pic transfer? I copy and paste and it didn't work.

[bonk]

--------------------

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Ark,
You did a fantastic on your story! Awesome! What a super gift you have!

God Bless you as you continue to help others!

[Big Grin] I am in love with your horse.

Ark, are you dismissed of Lyme? Any relapses?

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

To post a pic, you have to upload to another site that takes pics...like photo bucket. Then you copy and paste the img code onto your post.

As far as being dismissed of Lyme; well, the doc took me off antibiotics after my major symptoms were gone for 2 months. But my elbows still hurt, I told him. But he didn't think it significant. I'm thinking that with the reaction to the Salt-C and the reaction to the Coconut oil, I still have some infection, though I can run and play all I want!

Regardless, I'm on maintenence, but feel 99% well!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Thanks be to God.

You look awesome in the video. Nicely put together I might add! What a nice job, I'll say it again.

blessings. [lol]

--------------------

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Was doing so good since 2/14. Went to lunch with a friend who believes her mom has Lyme because she picked off two tics two years ago and perhaps she didn't get all of them.

I've been napping and sleeping. Hubby getting over staph infection in mouth. Being around him I believe has made me ill all over.

I'm fricken sick of this *&*&*&!!!!

What really makes me sad; I've posted info in several places around me for group meetings on Lyme sufferers. In three places that I know of someone took it down.

I wonder if the public just wants to sweep it under the carpet. It's not going to go away.

[rant] [rant]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement