LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » How Many Feel Better Just Staying Home?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Many Feel Better Just Staying Home?
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just feel better staying home rather than to try to go and do. Its an effort especially with my off balance and chemical sensitivities etc.
I can push and go if I have to but more content staying home and do what I can at home. I only go when I have to.

Still waiting on my results from my out of town doctor visit. I am so hoping it isn't lyme but sure of lot of you did too..

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stay home. My adrenals are shot to hell, and forcing myself to go do things is just too hard on my body.

I'll go for a ride here and there, and piddle in my yard just to be outside, but too much stimulation is physically painful for me. I can literally feel my adrenals squeezing and aching and the weakness grows....so I just say screw it. And stay home where I can keep things calm.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pantera73
Member # 29752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pantera73     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Hambone, I am currently feeling the same. Hard to recover after simple evryday tasks. Just rippeda lat in the back and almost impossible to pick up baby or change her diaper without eyes popping out of my head.keep fighting brother!!

--------------------
NWOODS WI/ bit May08 diagnosed Jul08 Lyme
March 09 symptoms return Ehrlichiosis pos.no Lyme?
Feb 11 CD57=26 Mycoplasma 343 Babesia 55.2 HHV6 5.8
WB CDC POSITIVE 31++ 39+ 41++ 58++ 66+ 83+
WB IGG POSITIVE 31++ 34 IND 39 IND 41++ 58++

Posts: 55 | From the Lyme Mine | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter stayed at home for months. Recently, she is getting out more, but is exhausted all the time. Before planning an outing, she makes sure she will have some time at home to recover.
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am grateful that I work in a field which is my heart's love, which pays me well (by the hour, anyway though not necessarily by the month) and which I can do part-time.

THe combination of rest, and seeing just a few clients every day in the afternoons (after I have slept most things off) is ideal.

I think no matter what we do, we must be sure not to become lonely or get too far inside our own heads, as we are prone to when alone.

If choosing the rest/recovery model, which frankly makes sense, I would suggest making sure that seeing some people or calling a friend every day is really important for emotional/mental well-being.

FYI I went to a panel discussion of about 6 different doctors. They spoke of a "health injury" from pusing oneself too hard when sick. They said that people pushing it really hard at work when sick with the flu, can sometimes come down with chronic fatigue syndrome as a result.

The concept of "health injury" was an intriguing one.

Listen to the body, it knows what it needs. Eat very well, rest, activities...in balance to your own individual needs.

Be well and a happy recovery to you!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Feeling depersonalizations make me feel so invisible so when i go out in public it feels so uncomfortable. I just wanna stay home till i feel better [Smile]

--------------------
Neuro-Lyme (possible bart)
Symptoms started Jan 2011::Diagnosed Feb 11th,2011::
*Anything is possible thru God who strengthens me*

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first wake up, I want to do something outside of this house. Do any of you feel relatively OK until you actually start moving around? I am so depressed staying home, but each day I try to shower and by the time I've done that all symptoms hit me with a vengence. Muscles too weak to stand up or walk around the house without holding on to something, get lightheaded and headache, then pain from neck to feet. So each day I stay here trying to ward off huge depression. I don't hear a lot about severely weak muscles and spine here....does anyone have this as the major symptom that keeps them housebound? (besides the foggy head & woozyness)?
Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like staying in 99% of the time because of how I feel. Yes I do feel better when I start moving but I immediately use that energy to exercise and by the time I'm done I have no energy to go anywhere outside.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camp Other
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is one aspect of modern living that has to change: The idea that staying home from work when sick is a sign that one is somehow "weak" or doesn't care about their job. This business of putting people's work before their health has to stop. Other countries give their employees more time off, and their productivity improves because of it. You need a break and to recover. Otherwise, when you show up at work, you're just doing 1/2 the work you normally do and taking up space - not to mention risking getting others sick.

Re staying in:

I end up staying in a lot. If it's not the fatigue doing me in, it's the pain, and both rob me of the motivation to move. Still, on many days it's good to at least get out of bed first thing in the morning, walk around, and shower (or take a bath) - the joint pain is *better* the rest of the day if I move around a bit the first two hours after I wake up.

I think going out for a drive with a friend is one of the best things I can do for my sanity. I have a friend who takes me down country roads and plays new music for me a lot while we ride. Sometimes we don't even talk much, just listen. Sometimes we run a small errand or two and then I get dropped off at home.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenelopePitstop
Member # 31005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenelopePitstop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my symptoms were acute staying home was the only thing I could do. Even taking a ride up to the corner with someone else driving would wear me out.

I finally felt better after staying home for 8 months on antibiox, and returned to work.

But within 2 months of coming off the medication, my symptoms have come back and all I can do is go to work, and come home and crash. If I had savings, I would stay home until I was better again, but I am in a bad state financially.

I hope I can hold on to stay employable.
Things are weird, and I am SO fragile right now.

Going to see a new doctor as soon as i can get in. Last one refused to see me anymore when I stopped being able to pay. No insurance, no income, and $330/hour was just not doable.

Anyway, yes, I feel much better when I just stay home. Physically at least. I have the worst cabin fever though, and staying in can really get depressing.

Posts: 5 | From CT | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement