LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » American Idol Connection to Lyme Disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Idol Connection to Lyme Disease
Bugg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All-

I hope this is the right place to post this. If any of you watch American Idol, please pay particular attention to Ashthon Jones who has made it to the final 12 girls. As some of you on this board know, my husband and I are in the music business and that's how we know Ashthon.

Anyway, she learned several years ago that I was very sick with lyme disease and has been incredibly supportive of me. She's one of those who has truly cared and taken the time to educate herself about lyme disease. Anyway, if you're a voter, it would be great if you could consider voting for Ashthon Jones tonight!!! She's such a beautiful person inside and out!!!

I know you can vote online this year, too!!!

Thanks!

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool!! Good to know! I look forward to seeing her!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome! I sure will vote for her.
Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickntired19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickntired19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't this be amazing if the whole LD community got together and voted her through and then she could be out advocate!! haha...that would be awesome!

She is super cute by the way!

Posts: 265 | From Oregon | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, your comments are so fun...I'll call Ashthon tonight and let her know you guys are voting for her...Regardless of whether she makes it to the final 5 girls, I really know she'll be touched by this...

Thanks you guys!!!

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Bugg please tell her that she did very well tonight.

The competition this year is amazing.

She wasn't my #1 female favorite but after watching the show tonight I think she definitely belongs in the top 5 females. I hope she makes it!

But the guys this year are really amazing. They've outshone the ladies as far as I'm concerned.

I forget his name, but the guy who sang the Luther Vandross song hit a homerun.

Anyone who can sing Luther Vandross and do his songs justice is a winner in my book. I loved listening to Luther Vandross. He was one of a kind, a very special person.

IMO, this young man is the next American Idol.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Yes, I agree!! Jacob Lusk is his name and he is AMAZING!!! I really think Thia has a beautiful voice as well and only 15!!! I think the voices this year are exceptional.....

We just hope Ashthon makes it as far as she can...she's worked so hard and overcome so much in her life....

Wow, it's so nice to talk about music on this board....I always worry so much about everyone's suffering on this board that it's nice to shift focus for a moment....

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know.

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm watching it this season..I find Steven Tyler facinating to watch.

And my pick / fav is Casey Abrams.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, she's in the top 5! She did great!

I loved Thia and esp PIA!! wow! Also liked Karen Rodriguez and Lauren Turner.

They are all amazing and so are the guys! They all sound so polished like they've been performing forever!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

I like Casey, too....Music is so visually-driven these days that it would be nice to see someone like Casey do well based on talent alone!!!

Lymetoo-Yeah, you can tell J.Lo is excited about another Latina, Karen, in the competition and she has the chops to back it up....I think PIA is a strong contender too....

I just wonder if anyone could beat Jacob Lusk...wow...

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS! Ashton made it into the finals. She is adorable, has a great voice and star quality. Randy compared her to Diana Ross. She is young...give her time and she will blossom. Really was happy that she made it.

Bugg

You can see her sweet aura and someone who like you said would be understanding of your suffering with Lyme disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

All of the "13" are so awesome!! Hated to see some of the others go, but hoping they will be able to make a career of their singing anyway!!

Some of my favorites made it .. Pia, Thia, Karen, Ashthon, Paul, Luther VanDross guy, .. hmmm there was another one ..?

James and Casey are VERY talented and I love Casey's personality...just not a fan of rock so much. Very entertaining though!

Stephano is pretty good too. I like the shipyard guy... so sorry he didn't get to live his dream... but maybe he still can?

Bugg.. tell Ashthon she is definitely a star!

(sad to see Lauren Turner go)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bugg
Member # 8095

She's so excited...I think she realizes there are people there with better chops but she's determined to give it her all.....

I think she understands suffering as she went through a lot as a child....that's why I think she was particularly in-tune to my struggles with this disease...

I think she spent so many years suffering herself that, like us, she just wants to live!!! You can see that spirit on stage!!

She was so excited that my lyme buddies are voting for her....

She said, "Oh my God, I can't believe it. They are so sweet to do that. I can't believe it."

(Among us lyme folk: Ashthon tries to come off on stage as really confident but really she has a very delicate soul)...

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugg,

Is she the one that got a second chance at staying in? Thin? Positive attitude? I seem to kinda remember.

Because I sing professionally, I didn't think she was the best, however, I do believe her stage presence is super! She will grow into a better singer week by week. They wouldn't of picked her if they didn't think she had potential, right?

Go girl! Follow your dream!

Thanks Bugg for sharing this!

[hi]

--------------------
I'm glad to know I'm not alone
Some peace of mind I somehow find
Through folks like you with Lyme!

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Horsehelper...yes, the black girl.. very pretty and dynamic!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know who she is now, thx. I looked her up.

Everyone has such talent, it's difficult to judge.

I think the boy with the country voice is superior. He's either going to make it or be close. He has an extreme mature voice and good attitude.

They are all winnners. It means very little if someone is #1 because if they made it this far, someone will notice them.

I think it's a great show for those wanting to get a start in the music industry.

Byeee, [hi]

--------------------

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pass along our plea for her to mention something about Lyme Disease if she makes it far enough for there to be an appropriate time...!!!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen, if she'll mention Lyme Disease, I'll/we'll get this all over Facebook and Lyme Friends too and she'll shoot to the top!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I normally don't watch American Idol, but I think I may just turn in early tonight and catch it. I just saw a friend post on FB that it was on tonight so maybe this lyme brain of mine will remember!

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was very good tonight. Ashton is a beautiful young lady. I hope she goes far!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed her sing, but got to see the short recap at the end, VERY nice!

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You can probably see her performance on www.americanidol.com

It was a GREAT show!! WOW! A few of my favorites didn't do well, but will hopefully make it through another week!

Ashthon did very well! She was beautiful!!

I love Scotty too, horsehelper!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bugg
Member # 8095

Thanks so much for the sweet words for Ashthon..I'll pass them along to her...I know she is disappointed that she didn't continue on but I know she is also very thankful for that experience...Her main focus in her life is actually her church so I know she's looking forward to going back to her church friends...I know she really wanted to sing gospel music but that isn't really Idol-friendly...

Anyway, I'm still going to watch AI...there's such great talent this year!!!

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, it's too bad she was the first to go. I think she deserved better. I wonder why Casey Abrams keeps having to be hospitalized? I hope his health problems don't force him to leave the show!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I was so sad to see her go. I kinda thought it would be Haley going. I like them all... each week is going to be tough!

Casey's been hospitalized twice??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sad to see Ashton go as well. Doesn't mean she can't have a promising career ahead of her if she chooses to pursue one.

I wish her all good things, she is so sweet.

It was reported that Casey has a bleeding ulcer. Hopefully he will be okay.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you guys know James Durbin has autism and Tourette's? I believe he said during his first audition that he's had it since he was3?

He has facial tics but this week he was able to really control them. He is a darling boy. I love his music, rocking and dancing away. He reminds me of Adam.

This year Idol is the best competition ever. I love Stephen Tyler and J-Lo added. They are too funny. Randy looks to really be enjoying himself.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah... I think they've resurrected the show. Simon must be a little miffed... [Wink]

yes, James does remind me of Adam

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

I loved Adam's song last night!

Yes, Ashthon will have someone pick her up. It's not the end for her, it's the beginning!
She really did her darn best on that very last song! I enjoyed it. I felt bad about the results.

HH

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Who was the guy from Motown who came to see her perform?? Someone really famous... (brain dead here)

He'll pick her up!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

glm1111
Member # 16556

It was Berry Gordy who is founder and owner of Mowtown. Randy said Ashton reminded him of a young Diana Ross and I believe Berry Gordy gave her her first break. Go Ashton!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, yes... Berry Gordy!! He'll help her out!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement