LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Regarding Lou B Post on Closed Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Regarding Lou B Post on Closed Thread
Eliz428
Member # 21509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliz428     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lou,

Your words did not express to those of us who are trying to help others and get healthy, how someone who was as helpful as CO and many others who were banned, how those bannings benefitted our community.

It seems to some of us that these bannings are a benefit to a few, but not to many. That's why we want answers, because if this forum is a place for a few people to exert control over a whole community, then some of us may want to decide to find a more comforting place to get our support. I find no comfort in your post.

It does not explain to me at all what the plan or intent is, yet you say the intent is to help. That's hard for me to find.

(To those of you wondering, I am referring to the Camp Other Post) I can't reply to it because it has been closed.

Posts: 43 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took it from Lou's post that basically management has the right and will ban whoever they want if they see fit. No questions asked. No need to explain to other members. They run the show period. We have to trust it was done for valid reasons and leave it at that. He said there was a 'no tolerance' penalty. No tolerance for what I'm not sure, but I assume a forum rule must've been broken.

It doesn't matter if 10,000 new individual posts come up on this topic, each will be methodically closed and moderators will say to PM them if there are questions.

Refer to this thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/27086

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said on that link:

This IS a privately-owned site funded by the owners and charitable contributions--not by me, you or taxpayers, we DON'T have the right to know the details regarding decisions made by the organization.
That's my interpretation of lymenet. THEY are doing US a favor. WE aren't paying THEM to do what they do.

WE are the ones benefiting from this site.

I think there are a lot of people who don't "get this" and don't realize why lymenet was started in the first place.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we need to be aware of how much time and effort went into establishing this site. I believe that sometimes people come on here with a sense of entitlement when it really is privelege to be here. We are extremely lucky to have this site.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lulu, I agree with you 100%

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Read "About LymeNet" in the menu at the top right of this page to see the history of LymeNet.

And go to "terms and conditions" at the bottom of this page to see what is expected of you if you participate here.

Still a great site after 20 years! I have been here all that time!

Ann-OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember that things happen that members do not see.

And no, Lou does not have to explain to anyone. He knows what he is doing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eliz428:
Lou,

Your words did not express to those of us who are trying to help others and get healthy, how someone who was as helpful as CO and many others who were banned, how those bannings benefitted our community.

It seems to some of us that these bannings are a benefit to a few, but not to many. That's why we want answers, because if this forum is a place for a few people to exert control over a whole community, then some of us may want to decide to find a more comforting place to get our support. I find no comfort in your post.

It does not explain to me at all what the plan or intent is, yet you say the intent is to help. That's hard for me to find.

(To those of you wondering, I am referring to the Camp Other Post) I can't reply to it because it has been closed.

Eliz428,

If you're wanting to contact Loub, he does accept PM's. That would be the best way to contact him.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement