LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Any truth to the Full Moon Theory?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any truth to the Full Moon Theory?
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if it is true that the organisms in Lyme, Bart, Babs, etc are more active during the full moon as other things in nature are? Therefore, it's normal for us to feel a little sicker during the full moon?
Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always happened to me! And to another LN friend I was going thru treatment with. I called her Wolf Girl! or was that what she called me?? [lol]

I think there IS truth to it. I don't have any links though.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The full moon this weekend was one of the reasons I was worried about starting treatment this week... I dunno. Maybe with the lil buggers being more active I can zap more of them? [woohoo] or maybe that's just crazy talk! [loco]

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rera2528
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rera2528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jacqi--I am starting my abx on Saturday, and I had the same thoughts!
Posts: 447 | From Vermont | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know I am not the only one with those thoughts!

I do know that yesterday was a BAD day for me. I only got up from my chair to go to the bathroom and get more to drink. Today I have been in the computer room most of the day and even felt well enough to make a meatloaf! WOOT!

Yesterday was almost 70 out so I figured I would feel great, today, barely made 45.

I wish everyone luck with the full moon this weekend, I think we ALL are going to need it!

J

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a little baby earthquake where I live this morning...in Florida of all places.

This extreme supermoon tomorrow is suppose to make some crazy things happen.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

I just a search on it and they are saying it was from a military jet...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/marion_alachua/031811-mysterious-rumbling-in-flagler-county-explained

I'm sorry, I should have said , not that I doubt you, this is just what they are SAYING it is!

--------------------
J

Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqi:
I just a search on it and they are saying it was from a military jet...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/marion_alachua/031811-mysterious-rumbling-in-flagler-county-explained

I'm sorry, I should have said , not that I doubt you, this is just what they are SAYING it is!

Weird. We get sonic booms all the time from the space shuttle landing and this was much longer and rattled things more than usual. I guess that's why people freaked out because it was different. It scared my dogs.

I figured that big ole moon was shaking things up. Oh well.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of the studies done back-up biological infectious activity or human behavior changes other than the very fact that people "know" it's a full moon, and thus associate it with strange activity. For example: Bad luck and bad things seem to happen a lot on Friday the Thirteenth, but not because it's a specific date -- but because of how it's perceived by most people.

The full moon? A bit more complicated, since we know it controls our tides, and other behavior on our planet -- but "human" and infectious bacteria behavior? No evidence in the published material to support it from what I've seen.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

I never bought into the whole bad luck on Friday the 13th bit. I consider the 13th a lucky number! As I said in another post, I don't just read something and take it as gospel. I will read it take what I need from it and toss the rest.

As far as the full moon goes, well yes that does get a bit more complicated, and as my doctor said to me recently about something else, "Until the say to me, "No absolutely not, no way", I will continue to think that it MAY be possible."

--------------------
J

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some moons more than others effect me over the last 10 yrs that I've made the connection.

This moon is a special moon. Darn forgot the name of it? But it has been a really rough one for me the last 4 days.

Really increased pain and aggitation. Last night I didn't realize until the weather man started talking about this special moon. AHA!!!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqi:
I never bought into the whole bad luck on Friday the 13th bit. I consider the 13th a lucky number! As I said in another post, I don't just read something and take it as gospel. I will read it take what I need from it and toss the rest.

As far as the full moon goes, well yes that does get a bit more complicated, and as my doctor said to me recently about something else, "Until the say to me, "No absolutely not, no way", I will continue to think that it MAY be possible."

Ditto, except "lucky numbers." It works for a lot of people though. Superstition has a place in some of the world's greatest successes, surprisingly.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know this month's full moon is called a super moon? Or Worm moon?

Ugh -when I see the word "worm" now I think of either parasites or the idiot Wormser.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never noticed anything.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont really believe in that. Although everyones entitled to there own opinion

--------------------
Neuro-Lyme (possible bart)
Symptoms started Jan 2011::Diagnosed Feb 11th,2011::
*Anything is possible thru God who strengthens me*

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deerose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deerose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice moon effects after the fact and realize...oh it was a full moon.

since humans are such a high percentage of water
and are energy creatures as well why wouldn't
gravitational rhythms affect us?

Even if we can't yet nail it down.
No that I am going to buy every whacko idea that comes along but there is so much we observe but cannot prove by present customary means.

but will as means develop.
Lyme experiences for one...

--------------------
Not everything in life that can be counted counts and not every thing that counts can be counted...Albert Einstein

Posts: 208 | From Northeast | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen117
Member # 28156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jen117     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is true for me. I track symptoms on my calendar by putting a star on each date that I feel well. When I heard the full moon theory (from multiple sources) I went back to check my calendar, and sure enough, symptoms are at their worst the week leading up to the full moon. The full moon affects every living creature, so why not bacteria, parasites, etc.?
Posts: 31 | From Kalamazoo MI | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement