LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » in response to ccarr

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: in response to ccarr
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Previous topic has been closed by the mods.

That's an "FYI" to you that you're walking on thin ice in case you're wondering.

However, I began a new topic because I thought you needed to hear a bit more before you are banned.

You....

But "Wow AlanaSuzanne, I could not ever say that the people on here

1. are not focused on recovery
2. don't pray and/or meditate
3. don't believe in the power of prayer
4. have not yet achieved wellness because they don't know the "codes" or haven't listened to the "prayers" or listened to the "music?"
5. don't have "just the hope" to get to the other side?

and perhaps most offensive of all to me anyway,

6. that we haven't gotten to "the place that I believed I was going to recover""

Me...

BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID--THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS--ARE THEY NOT?

I admire the fact that you admit you do not understand and do not feel qualified to understand the methodology behind a program that you have no direct involvement with other than that of someone who has participated in that program---a program that has brought you health.

Yet for someone who achieved wellness and is apparently ignorant as to how that occurred, you have an awful lot to say about everyone else here.

HHMMM. I'm in the process of selling shares in the ownership of the Brooklyn Bridge. I went to one meeting but I'm not directly involved. I don't feel qualified to tell anyone about it other than it's a really good investment and I have purchased a few shares.

That's what ACT SOUNDS like to me, but like I said previously, I'm all ears.

Yeah, you don't know any of the people here. Nor do you feel like you are qualified to answer "methodology"

You ask in you run-on sentence:

"what is the real issue here. I have been all over this website today. No one treated the person who said they got relief from a green lazer light, or massage, or Craniosacral therapy, or the multitude of other healing tools the way this group responded to me today. What is the real underlying issue here. I realize many of you have been around the ole lyme blog block a time or to, but what does that have to do with anything. I don't get the heart behind this dialog today, but don't really think it is helpful for anyone. If you or anyone here wants to know any thing about ACT contact them. No one ask the people who discussed the other many healing methods to scientifically discuss the methodology behind the therapy. Check out your own blogs, check out how you respond to any other healing methods. What is up with that. I think it is time to step back and reevaluate what is driving this anger and resentment. It surely can't be one statement made by me."

Answer:

What is up with that is right!

Perhaps you're the one who should be evaluating your passive-aggressive disingenuous posts on this board.

You're not a victim. People here aren't "angry" or "resentful" Maybe "smart" would be a better word?

Just a thought.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you AlanaSuzanne.
You have way more energy for this nonsense than I do!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ccarr
Member # 30997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ccarr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if the moderators closed our original thread of discussion it is because they felt it was unhealthy and unproductive. It was not bring support or healing which is the purpose of Lymenet. As I spent some time on the sight this weekend I was quite impressed with many of the posters and their wisdom and hope they bring to the table.

Lyme is such a frustrating illness. One where patients are told that they are mentally ill, there is nothing wrong, and a host of other things that just complicate the issue.

Great people like Was Dr. B were investigated by Medical boards. Dr. J? Dr. J? The best Lyme doctors in the country are harassed by authorities, and the Lyme patients defend them to the end.

Dr's as well as alternative health providers who fight against lyme have been treated by the medical and media communities as common criminals.

I rejoice with you in whatever works. I am sorry for you that you couldn't make room in your world to rejoice with me in what worked for me.

I have loved the experience I have had with ACT. I have found wisdom, understanding, acceptance, faith, and hope. And most of all I have finished a very long race with Lyme and have returned to my normal activities.

That doesn't have to be your experience with that group. You can believe it is a SCAM. That is fine. It costs you nothing to never try ACT. There are thousands of other approaches to beating Lyme. This sight discusses many of them without criticism. I wish all of you well on your journey to finding health.

**edited names of LLMD's**

[ 03-22-2011, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 17 | From Harrisonburg, VA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raw vegan runner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raw vegan runner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ccar, seems to me YOU coud end this if you simply chose to explain this ACT and how it works, what's involved, etc. THEN people will take you seriously. Every single other therapy, whether it be full of ~woo~ or not, people are willing to explain, discuss protocol, etc. In fact, though it isn't recommended, you could self treat based on the info on this board.

You say it costs nothing to never try ACT. Well, how much does it cost TO try it?

Posts: 206 | From In the shadow of a mountain | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other thread was closed due to the arguing.

I agree, you could tell us what you had to do to participate in ACT.

I don't know HOW all my treatments worked, but I can tell you what my part in them was.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Momlyme, not more energy, maybe just less patience.

Ccar, making room in my world for what worked for you?? ACT gave you "wisdom, understanding, acceptance, faith, and hope." I have those things in my life already. All I'd like to know is how this ACT thing restored your health.

vegan runner, exactly!

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlanaSuzanne:

Ccar, ..... ACT gave you "wisdom, understanding, acceptance, faith, and hope." I have those things in my life already.

-
Ditto!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ccarr
Member # 30997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ccarr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sixgoofykids I will be glad to share what I had to do to participate in ACT. I am not sure how I came across the program. I got a call one day at my office. I must have given them that information as I searched the internet for Alternative cures to lyme. I listened to their spill and thought it was a bit strange. We only had one conversation then they left it in my ballpark inviting me to listen in for free. I chose to not do that but to sign up for the class that started in June of 2010. I filled out a form giving my history of lyme and sent it in. I had to give the top 10 symptoms and score them from 1-10. IE: 10 severe pain in knees, 1 being slight pain. This became my score sheet for the entire process. Each week we would review peoples symptoms, Gary would write codes that were intended to help the body focus on the area where the body was not functioning in the manor it was created to function. Once the codes were written as a result of the information we gave in class they were read, we listened to one hour of any repetative song we chose or we could listen to a CD they provided. We called in to be prayed over then we listened to the CD or song again. Also in the classes as Gary listened to our stories he would make recommendations. IE: Ionic foot bath for some, or Infrared Sauna, etc. These recommendations were done as he muscle tested to see if those things would be good for the client. One of the most helpful tips he gave my daughter was that she needed a different type of Chiropractic therapy. This was hard for me since we had gone to a Chiropractor that I trust with my life for her whole life. I made some calls and found one who did the type of Therapy that Gary recommended. We switched 3 weeks ago and my daughter is progressing well. So there is a mixture of the codes and some good guidance that is given. For me during the process he recommended the Ionic foot bath for a period of time, then confirmed that my diet coke addiction was complicating my recovery, recommended Infrared Sauna, drink more water. Last week he was talking to a man who he had recommended Cranio Sacral Therapy and the man was amazed at the power and affectiveness of that treatment. With the muscle testing Gary knows when the body would benefit from a specific treatment.
I hope this is insightful into what I had to do to participate in ACT.
Just an hour class a week and time to listen to the CD or music.
Hope this clears up the mystery of ACT.
It's not for everyone, It doesn't work for everyone. I was very fortunate to find an amazing LLMD and this alternative program. I thank God for them both.

Posts: 17 | From Harrisonburg, VA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my...

How does a random guy with no medical training randomly pick "codes" that your body magically listens to?

It does seem you you know the people behind the scenes since you call him by his first name.

This is the looney.

Heck i will only charge you $40 a week to tell you diet coke is not good for you and make up some codes and play some music.

Now thats a deal! Oh and i will pray for you for free.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ccarr
Member # 30997

merrygirl ACT is not a medical approach to fight lyme. I would say it is more focus and prayer, not medical. Gosh, I have wasted more than $40.00 a week eating out. I am thrilled to have someone that can help call my attention to the more practical things that I do that compromise my health. Sometimes having an outsider who is not affected by my struggles looking in can give me a fresh perspective. But I think we have beat this subject to death. I would like to move on. There is a lot of great things happening in the fight against Lyme that we can talk about and agree on. We don't have to get stuck on one thing that we disagree on. Here is what is happening in my area that I am very excited about.
http://m.roanoke.com/mapp/story.aspx?arcID=280027

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad we can't read that big block of print. So sad.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raw vegan runner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raw vegan runner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ccar, though I am still pretty skeptical, I appreciate you coming back and explaining a bit more, despite how you feel you are being treated.

I am not against peope who claim to do things 'intuitively', as I am able to do that as well. The difference is, I would not charge money for it. It *is* a Gift, imo, and should be used as such. If *Gary* truly has a gift for healing, I would think he would make it more accessable...and, maybe I am wrong but I think his method and program would get a little more credibility here.

I believe that we each need to find out what will work for us individually. WHether this is a bunch of hooey or not...it has worked for you and your family and I am certianly glad for that. But, you must understand that there are people here who have been struggling for YEARS and have tried everything in the book to get better and are still struggling...and this can tend to make one a bit cynical...I know I have become a bit jaded...

Anyways, thank you for sharing a bit more about ACT.

Posts: 206 | From In the shadow of a mountain | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACT is short for advanced call training. That implies that it does something to your cells. That sounds like its trying to be "medical" to me.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ccarr, I hate to say this but I think you have the placebo effect going on. This theory that "Gary" ascribes to is nothing more than taking advantage of innocent people desperately searching for answers.

Sure they will get temporary relief with the sauna, chiropractic therapies etc.. Anybody can learn that on their own, but the codes??

It is demoralizing to all of us that know the seriousness of this infection and how pervasive it is in the body and how hard it is to get rid of, for you to come here and say that you have been cured with this nonsense.

Now, I understand your hesitance in revealing the dynamics behind this process.

What if I came here and said that I was cured with hypnotism?? What kind of backlash do you think I would recieve??

Maybe you are being hypnotized or brainwashed. Repeated repetitive songs? Sounds a little fishy to me.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ccarr
Member # 30997

Raw Vegan Runner,
I appreciate your feedback so much. Good point you made about the money/gift thing. I am a pastor and have volunteered my services since 1996. I feel like what God has given me I want to freely give. I am a tent maker like Paul. Work by day, ministry all day every day.

When I decided to enroll my kids in ACT they did allow both to go through for the price of one, then dropped my fee to about half of what I was paying.

Thank you for pointing out to me also why the resistance. I do remember the frustrations of trying one thing after another. It is exhausting. Also I really didn't give it any thought but I should have just come in and not really said much until people got to know me.

The reason I was better before I ever searched out any sights is because I just didn't have the energy.

At my last visit with my LLMD I told him I was considering getting connected with the Lyme community to be an encourgement. That truly was what I wanted to do.

I haven't been to a lyme support group since we were 1st diagnosed. If I go I will go in with a little less enthusiam.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement