LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Normal to have teeth pain?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Normal to have teeth pain?
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although im only 20, i wanted to know if it was still possible i can loose my teeth? I've been having some stabbing pain in them for quite a while now

i dont know if this is normal with Lyme or something i should be worried about? I know the older lymies told me they lost their teeth

[ 04-03-2011, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Nicole2011 ]

--------------------
Neuro-Lyme (possible bart)
Symptoms started Jan 2011::Diagnosed Feb 11th,2011::
*Anything is possible thru God who strengthens me*

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to have a good dentist look at them. Lyme or not stabbing pains in your teeth is not normal.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stillwater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stillwater         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never had stabbing pains in my teeth, but I did go through a few month period where they felt loose to me. Couldn't wriggle them, but some how they felt loose.

But this was back when my jaw muscles were so weak it was hard for me to eat anything that required a lot of chewing. Eating nuts made my jaw muscles weak for days.

But yeah, get to the dentist.

Posts: 699 | From confusion | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i doubt the dentist will see anything. I think that will be just a waste of time based upon what others with the similar problem said

--------------------

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of us here are toothless... we just don't want to tell you!! [Big Grin]

You'll be fine. It's probably just nerve pain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

oh okay [Smile]

--------------------

Runner17
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Runner17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stabbing tooth pain was my first Lyme symptom. It is most likely the trigeminal nerve that is affected. The trigeminal nerve is the 5 th cranial nerve and is responsible for sensation. So if it is affected you can get nerve pain anywhere along this nerve.

Google trigeminal nerve and you can see how it runs along your face, teeth, eyes, and the front of your tongue.

Posts: 132 | From Somewhere | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to see a biological dentist to see if it's any help for the teeth/jaw pain I've been having for months. I also tried lyrica which helped, but also gave me a headache. Now i have neurontin but haven't tried it yet.

I think with lyme it can be important to have a biological dentist who knows more about overall health and the teeth. Seems most standard dentists don't approach it that way.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to try something on your own. Try oil pulling, there are many past threads about it. Or you could google it.

Oil pulling lowers the plaque and bacteria your mouth has to address.

An old ayurvedic remedy it to chew on cloves when you have the sensitivity. It has a natural numbing quality. Google that as well.

Good luck...

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole2011:

I've been having some stabbing pain in them for quite a while now

I guess this means that you haven't seen a dentist in a while.
You can schedule an appointment for a cleaning, and let them do xrays of the teeth to see if there are any cavities forming.

You don't want to ignor this.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had teeth pain but it was fleeting
Do you think you could be grinding your teeth in your sleep?

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickntired19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickntired19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read all the comments but yes, stabbing tooth pain I think is fairly common among Lymies. I know I have dealt with it on and off for years.
For me, any type of tooth pain is the WORST! I just can't seem to deal with pain in my mouth. My head, legs, stomach, I'm fine, I know how to deal with it, but not the teeth thing.

I doubt a dentist would be of any help. The only thing I would maybe suggest is to find a good toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Somehow it helps with the nerve stuff and worked for me for a while. And it costs $10 MAX!

I hope it lets up for you soon!

Posts: 265 | From Oregon | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have ANY gerd, or digestive unrest? Do you take calcium and magnesium?

My teeth went straight downhill without those but even LLMD's say they are not connected and they sure were for me.

Didnt hurt so much as got holes striaght thru the teeth and some just crumbled.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had tooth/teeth pain for years before I knew what lyme was.

My teeth are in better shape today because I've cleaned up one tooth at a time my mouthful of silver crowns and fillings. I had 9 ugly deadly silver crowns. This took over 2 yrs. One dead Root Canal left for removal in '11.

But teeth/tooth pain has been part of the lyme & co symptoms for me. It moves around and pops up here and there.

It goes away and pops up somewhere else in a few weeks or couple months.

I've had loosening of one quad and then it will tighten back up, with tons of work from me.

Right now my left ear is killing me and it's moved down to the lower left molar. Time to use my rife and zap this away.

Just need to get lucky and hope I pick the right freqs to rid it. I'll start with staph, because in the past that can work.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluemoon
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Transient teeth pain is one of my lingering symptoms as I get better...it does not feel like "normal" dental issues, more like biting pressure (without biting on anything) than pain. Sometimes gone for days, appears for minutes or hours, only to disappear. Sometimes only on one side, but usually is symmetrical. No dental problems found by dentists.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well as usual using my rife and running staph helped my tooth and ear pain.

Blue, you're right sometimes the dentists can't see the reason for pain. Sometimes I have obvisious inflammation around the irritated tooth and sometimes nothing visual.

Many times over the years on lymenet I've seen hundreds of others post about teeth pain/pressure/etc and upset because the dentist tells them....there's nothing there.

Nothing with the naked eye, but you show it to a dentist that knows how to look at real dental exays and identify the enemies and cavations and you've found a dentist that knows the body and mouth connection.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has tooth pain in different teeth... migrating and seemingly random with no cavities or cause.

I always look up the tooth on the meridian chart here
http://www.secretofthieves.com/tooth-chart/tooth-meridian-10.cfm

When I investigate further, it always seems to correlate with the organ the tooth connects with.

This may seem far fetched to some... but I find it to be true.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell542
Member # 31094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell542     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tooth pain was one of my symptoms with Lymes. I had such pain that I had root canals retreated. I must of had xray all my teeth and found nothing. I had P/T on my neck and it took away the tooth pain. I think because I was in pain cause I was clenching my teeth at night. I feel your pain. Tooth pain is the worst.

I hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 3 | From NY | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

So it does go away with treatment?

--------------------

Bluemoon
Unregistered

Month to month, yes it is getting less and less.
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had loose teeth before I knew I was sick. My dentist felt every tooth, then he said, 'umm, I don't quite know how to say this, but...every last one of your teeth is loose."

That was 11 years ago. I had my new dentist check them after three years of treatment. They are no longer loose.

I do still have sensative teeth issues when I'm not on abx. It sucks.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My teeth were loose before getting dx. They tightened up after treating for awhile. I still get aching in my teeth that I believe is nerve pain.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

momlyme, yes the tooth/organ chart is great tool to aid one in what's happening in the total body/teeth connection.

Pam

--------------------

Bluemoon
Unregistered

You don't need Lyme to have teeth problems, but what I'm referring to is sensations due to the trigeminal nerve...teeth sensations are sometimes accompanied by facial numbness and forehead pressure, all 3 sensory branches of the trigeminal nerve. My teeth and gums are fine, and have been for many years.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement