LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 4 years and counting-losing hope

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 years and counting-losing hope
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so sick.I am in pain,fogginess,fatigue,etc. I have been relentlessly trying to get better for 4 years-hard to believe.

My story is very long. I have had numerous treatments including,IVIG,IV Rocephin for 6 months(had to stop bc of gallbladder),tons of oral abx.,many LLMDs,holistic treatment,etc.

Now I am starting Bicillin injections and Tindamax. I had one injection last week and now I am waiting for insurance to approve the rest before I get them 3X a week.

I can't live like this anymore. I can't work,my husband is never home bc I can never do anything.
My friends try but they just can't understand how sick I feel and how I can't commit to any plans or do much.

I have 2 wonderful daughters who are all grown and don't live here. They are 2 of the reasons I keep on going.

I try so hard to be hopeful. My mom thinks I am so brave,but I don't want to do this anymore! Having Lyme and co. is just brutal as I know you all know.

My husband says I should be hopeful with my new treatment but I feel like my body and my mind just can't take anymore.

What do you do to cope? never give up? feel more hopeful?

I see a therapist and I am on antidepressants. I have had my optimistic times. Right now I am so sick of being sick!

Laurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie,

So sorry you are feeling so bad. I was where you are back in 2005. After 4 yrs of abx incl 6 mos of IV rocephin, I was still very sick. I decided to try antiparasitic herbs and the salt/c protocol.

It was the only thing that turned the corner for me. Parasites/worms play a huge role in Lyme disease, and most docs are just not aware of this co-infection.

Filarial Worms were found in the ticks Burgdorfer dissected, but they have been much ignored. check out

www.lymephotos.com

This was what came out of me after 6 mos of continuous use of herbsa and salt/c Don't ignore this, it could be why you are still so sick. Also visit lymestrategies for more options,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you are doing all you can to get better. Have you tried chiropractic treatment? I didn't get true healing until I started intense chropractic treatment 3 times per week. After the first week, I had relief in my body that I hadn't felt in weeks. The spine controls how our body heals. I strongly recommend seeing a good chiropractor.

Bless you and you will see the light!

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think any time at all, but especially when we are depressed, we should immediately:

Feed the soul---lots of hugs, friendship, activities that you love, outings that you can do, beautiful books and movies, uplift in any way shape or form....

Get some light----studies have shown that vitamin D plays an important role and that depression often runs in areas where there is darkness. Some people recover from depression using a light box, in the dark times of the year. Or just go outside and get some sun on your skin. Don't forget it's the pigment in your skin converting to vitamin D so you can make sure it gets on your legs, arms, etc.

Take good vitamin supplements---B Stress Complex with Vitamin C

Detox products: Toxins can make us feel depressed

Antidepressants as necessary

Laughter yoga: You can google videos and copy the exercises. It's hilarious! Needs no sense of humor, just do the exercises and you will start to laugh spontaneously! Do this with friends. It works! They have seen cancer patients' immune cells go up, they can tolerate their chemo therapy better with fewer side effects...laughter is one of the best medicines!

Eat well

Treat yourself well, like a goddess, give yourself what you need. Good foods, friendships, nurture, soul food...

And talk to your doctor about the depression.

For me I have a lot of hope in the herbs .They have helped my neuro symptoms *a lot* in only six months. I am far from cured, but sure have gone a long way. Very few herx's and the ones I had were either residual or only a few of them were moderate. All of them bearable.

Frankly it's when I used the abx that I got worse. But that's just my experience.

My LLMD said he thinks these products are the best herbal ones for lyme:

Beyond Balance (I use Bar 1 for bartonella but they have others too).

YOu can send me a PM and I will give you contact info for the company

Best wishes, CI

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
racerx
Member # 14883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for racerx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I no exactly how you feel, been treating for a while and sometimes the pain gets the best of you,,when I am in pain what helps is cold water, like soaking in a pool or putting cold rags on the joints that hurt also message,,,i will say that helps trumendously so tell your husband to get the lotion out and watch a moving that you really have to pay a lot of attention to that will take your mind off of your pain for a little while,,,I also take a lot of vitamin d when I feel blue which is a lot,,,take care hope you are feeling better soon,,,god bless you
Posts: 15 | From pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel somewhat in your same situation. This month is 3 years of treatment for me. Although I have improved a good deal physically, I am struggling with the mental side. Not sure if its stress related or relates to still having Lyme Disease.

I get really down at times, feeling overwhelmed with anxiety and depression. It doesn't even make sense, since I have improved physically.

I guess I don't really have a good answer or suggestion, but just wanted to say you are not alone.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laurie, I'm sorry you're feeling so down.

You got a lot of good advise, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Hang in there, for yourself, and your two wonderful daughters.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for your support. I will continue to hang in there and I know you all have to do the same!
Laurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KristyB03
Member # 31406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KristyB03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you so much glm1111....i've never heard of this before and will try anything!

this has been living hell and my life has been stolen from me.....my family doctor has all of a sudden given me a diagnosis as OCD because i won't drop the lyme issue after having a tick attatched to my head for over 28 hours in 2007 and then having 2 bullseyes following.....according to him there isn't any lyme disease in our part of Ohio. I suppose our wildlife is immune to it or something, SUCH IGNORANCE!!!! Thanks so much for sharing...can't wait to get on the salt and vit c!

Posts: 1 | From Celina, Ohio | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's time to follow another path? I know that's a scarey thought? Which way do I go?

How do I start? What do I need to address next.

What am I missing? What is my body trying to tell me?

Tough tough questions with no guarantees on next turn? Slow process, slow and slower.

Just food for thought. I certainly have been in your spot.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement