LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » For a laugh - You know you have Lyme when ....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For a laugh - You know you have Lyme when ....
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU KNOW YOU HAVE LYME WHEN:

1) You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.
2) You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police.
3) "Getting lucky" means you find your car in the parking lot.
4) Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love" and you answer, "Honey, I can't do both!"
5) Everything hurts; but you don't know when or where it will hurt.
6) You're asleep, but others worry that you're dead.
7) You get exhausted just waking up.
8) Your children can do math better than you.
9) People call at 7 pm. And ask, "Did I wake you?"
10) You know all the answers, but nobody asks you the questions
[for once you don't have brain fog].
11) You look forward to your IV infusion of abx [or oral abx].
12) You turn down the lights because of photosensitivity rather than
romance.
13) You sit in a rocking chair and get motion sickness. But the rocking chair
isn't moving.
14) Your GPS becomes your best friend when driving
15) You get motion sickness when you drive. Forget about trying to be the
passenger!
16) You burn the midnight oil until 9:00 PM or 1 AM or 6 AM depending on your
internal clock's daily computations. Everyday is different.
17) You put the margarine in the toaster oven and try to butter your bread.
You put the margarine in the cupboard, the knife in the refrigerator, and
the toast in the sink. Then you walk around in circles trying to find the
toast.
18) You get exercise by going to the bathroom 10 or more times a day.
19) One shelf of the refrigerator is filled with abx (or supplements, herbs, etc)
20) You can't remember how to turn the shower off.
21) You can't figure out how to get the key out of the ignition [you forgot
about the little black button you push in].
22) You can't find your way home and you only took a walk around the block.
23) When your little black book contains only names ending in M.D.
24) You get winded playing chess.
25) You look forward to a dull evening.
26) The best part of your day is over when your alarm clock goes off.
27) You have too much room in the house and not enough room in the medicine cabinet.
28) When you wake up with that morning-after feeling and you
didn't do anything the night before.
29) When it takes longer to rest than to get tired.
30) There are three signs of Lyme Disease. The first is your loss of memory, the other
two I forget.
31) The only part of your body that gets a "workout" are your thumbs - from clicking on that remote or mousepad all day.
32) When your idea of cleaning the house is sweeping the floor with a glance.
33) You know you have Lyme when you stop to think and forget to start again
34) When you wake up screaming and stressed - then you realize you haven't
fallen asleep yet.
35) When your day was a total waste of makeup.
36) When you think to yourself: "This ain't no party...this ain't no disco..."

and finally:
***37) When all the pharmacists and lab workers in town know you on a first name basis.

Retrieved from the "Truth About Lyme Disease Forums" on 5/6/2011
http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php? f=9&t=658&view=next

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very true!! #1 is in action today. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]
Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is my oldest daughter's senior Prom. I decided to let her get her nails done at a salon and off we went.

Afterwards we were getting in the car and she was talking on her cell phone and suddenly exclaimed "OMGosh! Where is my PHONE!?!?"
Even worse...I was looking STRAIGHT at her and exclaimed, "I don't KNOW!"

Oy..can I blame it on nail salon fumes? I stood outside most of the time LOL

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL..so true. Thanks for posting that, I def. got a kick out of it!

[bonk]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved it. So many things were so true for me.

I really related to #17... I am always going around in circles trying to figure out where i put things in stupid places

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Needing Hope
Member # 28067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Needing Hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for posting that. I needed the laugh!

--------------------
Sick since 12/98. Finally Diagnosed with Lyme 4/10.

Posts: 45 | From IL | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved this.. Gave me a laugh. Its sad but so true.
Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbh93
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbh93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, thank you!

My daughter's prom was also this weekend, Icky. When I was hemming her dress, my scissors disappeared. So I took another pair from my sewing box. Then when I needed them again, the new pair was also gone. So I yelled at another child for taking my scissors when I needed them, who responded "Ah, both pairs are in your lap, mom."

Oops. [Wink]

--------------------
------------
It took 20 years to find out I'm not crazy.
New bite in 2010 pushed my body over the edge. Positive for lyme, babs, bart, and myco.
I am not a doctor and happily offer only my own opinions.

Posts: 357 | From The Beach | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!!!! I really needed to read that today. I will send it on to my husband who was just dxd, too. We both need cheering these days.

I have not been able to drive for years....and I used to put thousands and thousands of miles on my car when working. Now I can't find my way home.

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Icky and sbh .. so funny! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
................when you see a dark gray object shoot accross the room out of the corner of your eye & it's not a mouse!

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathlongal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathlongal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love # 7.. Get exhausted from just waking up. How true it that!
Posts: 151 | From North East | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peaceman, I can relate to that one !
Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was great! Get exhausted just from waking up,only exercise is going to the bathroom 10 or more times a day are my 2 favorites.
How about at night too! Makes for a great night's sleep

I like being able to read something like this that so many of us can relate to and at least have a little chuckle.
Thank you
L

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great list! From a friend: she arrived at the dentist at 8 pm, thinking it was her scheduled 8 am appt.

...when you can recognize Lyme-think elsewhere - a business downtown had Denver, CO and Geneva, Switzerland with the same time! I loved it - felt right at home.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjfrank
Member # 26985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjfrank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, I loved the list and can relate to so many of the items there.

Had my first getting lost event on Monday. It was quite scarey.

I was driving to my parents house for my mom's birthday, stopped at a store along the way. When I came out of the store I couldn't find my car.

I was looking for my old car and not the one I drive now.

I finally remembered that I had a little button on my key pad that would make the horn blow.

I found the car with the beeping horn and was a little confused for a few minutes. Then I remembered, oh yes, this is my car and there is my mom's gift on the passenger seat.

Then I headed out of the parking lot and couldn't decide which way I should go. I sat there for a few minutes and decided to go the opposite way from which I came.

After a few minutes of driving I realized that I knew where I was and where I was going. I was greatly relieved.

--------------------
cjfrank

IGG Western Blot - negative
IGG Bands Detected - p18
IGM Western Blot - positive
IGM Bands Detected - p23, p41

Posts: 49 | From Maine | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week Silver told me to wake up, get out of bed and move to the front room so I could take my nap! Bwahahaha!!!

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...when you stump the people who check bags going through the metal detector upon entering institutions -

"What's that in your bag?!" I smile at them and say, "Guess!" Only one person ever did get it right - I carry a very metal chiropractic activator with me for my joints, which get disjointed easily and in need of immediate fixing - and for a small fee, am willing to demonstrate -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn2137
Member # 27238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn2137     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, so true!
Not too many there that I can't relate to!

"6) You're asleep, but others worry that you're dead."

^I've been getting this lately. Have to find it somewhat humorous, but .. really? I guess more than anything, its bothersome that it doesn't even wake me when they check if I'm breathing!

And to think that I'd go so quietly that EVERYONE wouldn't know it when it happened anyway.. [Razz]

Posts: 60 | From MO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn2137
Member # 27238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn2137     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you know you have lyme when you reread your own post and can't make sense of it.

Oh dear, I've remembered why I just read the boards here and never post.. [Wink]

Posts: 60 | From MO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you have lyme when you are cleaning your house and see a little black thing and freak out thinking it's a tick, but really it's a piece of lint or black sesame seed or a peppercorn.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Needing Hope
Member # 28067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Needing Hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about when you see a bottle of bathroom cleanser called Lime Buster, and you think, "Lyme Buster! Why the heck aren't I taking that?!" [bonk]

--------------------
Sick since 12/98. Finally Diagnosed with Lyme 4/10.

Posts: 45 | From IL | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by penguingirl:
You know you have lyme when you are cleaning your house and see a little black thing and freak out thinking it's a tick, but really it's a piece of lint or black sesame seed or a peppercorn.

Ugh, I do that all the time now!!

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sbh93- I am so impressed that your were hemming your daughter's promo dress...
I would have lost the needle then sat on it
Sewn a hem down the middle and made pants
The only kind of scissors I would use are the kindergarten
kind

All very funny - needed a good laugh, thank you Haley!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbh93
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbh93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hemming" was a bold, boastful word. I ended up going for "last the night" and safety pinning two straps to be an inch shorter in the end. [Wink]

How about searching for a ringing cell phone that's in your pocket, going mad wondering why the sound seems to be following you?

--------------------
------------
It took 20 years to find out I'm not crazy.
New bite in 2010 pushed my body over the edge. Positive for lyme, babs, bart, and myco.
I am not a doctor and happily offer only my own opinions.

Posts: 357 | From The Beach | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in the car on the way back from LLMD today and on the highway I saw a car pass us by that had "Labcorp" and their logo on the side of the door. I wonder if they just came from my LLMD's office to collect blood samples for CD57 tests.

Anyway - who would look at a van on a highway and wonder about other people's CD 57 scores. Only someone with lyme!!

[lol] [lol]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopesAlive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopesAlive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TXCoord that is sooooo funny! [Razz] [Smile]

Sounds a LOT like me, minus the nap, but from bed to couch and couch to bed. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. lol

I actually tried to accomplish a few things today, and the entire time the COUCH was calling out my name.

I have seen the list before, but every time I read it, I get another laugh, because we DO need to vent through humor. I can't remember where I saw this, but some one had posted how she did not find it humorous to joke about such a serious disease. I believe we HAVE to lighten up, sometimes, and laugh at the craziness of it all, considering the alternative.

My son left his cell phone in my room the other day, it and started ringing. He laughed his butt off when he came into the room, and I was blindly bashing my alarm clock, half asleep (or still sleeping, because I do not remember doing this), wondering why the "snooze" button was not responding! lol!

And the son who lives with me is actually getting used to finding crackers in the frig and my cell phone or sunglasses in the food cupboard.

My middle son used to call me a "loser," when he lived with us, because I was constantly losing my keys, cell phone, sunglasses and many other items. At least he called me that, affectionately. [Wink]

--------------------
Best Wishes,

Hope

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

~~The Shawshank Redemption~~

Posts: 234 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG that was friggin hilarious!! I'm going to print that out and put it up so I can laugh everyday. Fantastic!!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, funny stuff!

Penguin girl, I do things like that all the time. It is good to know so much but sad to know so much.

My sister with Lyme lost her phone last week and called it. She could hear it ringing in the freezer. Why?

My husband asked me earlier this week if I was taking speed because I was washing the car, trimming the dog and potting flowers all at the same time. The crazy thing is I never had intentions of doing any of it. It just happened.
The day prior I couldn't have done a thing.

Lyme! How nice to make it fun!

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Getting ready to leave, holding my various bags, then looking all over for my cane, then realizing I'm already holding it under all the bags...

akin to wondering where that cell phone could be that's ringing in the back pocket - [Smile]

Oh, kt - you asked why the cell phone was in the freezer? I think that's called doing cold calling! And so reassuring to read that you didn't pot the dog.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement