LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Truly --what do you do when you feel like giving up totally?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Truly --what do you do when you feel like giving up totally?
pugs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20954

Icon 9 posted      Profile for pugs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean other than coming here and asking for help and support. I'm sooo sick of being sick. I want to just die, in fact I feel like i AM going to die.

I haven't made a dent at all in my illness. None. Great doc, compasionate, wonderful. so-so with family support, could be worse.

I feel like I just can't go on. I'm detoxing, listening to my doc, listening to my body. I'm contemplating a course on meditation and prayer that someone wants to send me. It's a CD or DVD i forget but maybe it might help ground me.

I'm trying not to focus on the "used to be's"-I used to be an amazing teacher/;psychologist/partner, i used to be so physically active people wanted to be like me.... all that. Now I'm lucky if i get out of the house once every few weeks and stumble around. Then come home and crash.

Please no medical advice, i need hugs, I'm so lost. Help.

Posts: 255 | From - | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]

First of all, hugs. I can totally relate. I'm having a horrible time lately as well. Like you, I have been doing everything my doctor says, I'm detoxing, etc...So tired of feeling like crap every day, I hate just "existing".. that's what I call it, because it's certainly not living.

I also feel lost like I don't have much direction. I don't want to lose hope, but lately I feel like I am. I am definitely in a funk and don't know how to get out.

Hang in there.. you are NOT alone. It does get better for lots of people, so don't give up!!

P.S-- I like your screen name.. I assume you might have a Pug or Pugs?? I too am "owned" by a Pug. [Big Grin]

[ 05-13-2011, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: skies ]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My special hugs are on my other computer... but just know that you are so special that we want to reach out and give you REAL HUGS! [Smile]

[group hug]
Praying you will turn the corner soon.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pugs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pugs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi skies (love your name too).. am sorry you can relat to all this crap. Feeling cruddy day in and day out-well it feels like there IS no 'out'...

Lymetoo-thank you for your hugs too, God knows them I've needed them lately. This illness robs you of so much of yourself, that you wonder if the 'you' ever really existed.. [Frown]

Hugs back to both of you.

Posts: 255 | From - | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darwinsdream
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darwinsdream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pugs,

First off, here's a big (((HUG))) 4 u . Can't get too many of those.

Now, you may not want to hear this part, but, I'm going to say it anyway. I've been treating my Lyme for over 20 years now, and no, I'm not cured by any means. I don't know how long you've been at it. You may certainly have better success than me.

There have been so many times I have felt the same way you are feeling right now. God,it feels so horrible to feel that way. Those times were the worst.

I guess I have managed to get through the 20 years by not plugging away so hard at it all the time. I'm not saying this is the wisest, but for me it gave me a life.I felt, herxing all the time just gave me a life in bed. By giving myself a break and giving myself just enough meds to get by and maybe just enough to herx a bit I could do alot more.

Granted, in between, I've had several crisis periods, but I wouldn't change what I did for a minute. Yea, I still have Lyme, but I've had a good life also. And, believe me, I have serious Lyme, babs, etc.

Right now, I'm in another crisis period and working my way through it once again. And, yes, Many times again going through I want to die, etc.

Well, you know what? I never did die all those times! It sure stinks to feel like it though.

Cry it out Sweetie. We all know, it hurts soo bad. But, you ARE going to make it through this. You will be able to enjoy alot of the things you were able to enjoy before.

Maybe ease up on the herx?

Posts: 140 | From Phoenix AZ | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you look over to the next seat on the boat, I am there.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pugs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pugs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow it looks like I've got a lot of company- unfortunately. Darwinsdream, it was helpful to hear what you've been through. Believe me, you gave me strength. Because you've been there. I'm glad you've got a 'good life' now. Thank you.

JohnS- just so the boat isn't called "Titanic"?? Sorry-lame sense of humor I know. Thank you too.

kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
((((((HUGS)))))))

Just thought you might like another one!! Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there. We WILL get thru this.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not an option. Tell yourself some itty bitty nasty bacteria by the thousands or millions will not bring you down.

Pump your chest and tell them I'm taking you down boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeonidas
Member # 31739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeonidas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail". Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posts: 12 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RDaywillcome
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the fact that you are asking? You don't really want to give up. Many of us have been were you are now. What kept us going?

Maybe a loved one. Maybe life itself. Or thinking, this f....ing disease is NOT going to take me OUT!

FIGHT IT ALL THE WAY! IT's WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pugs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20954

I appreciate all your thoughts. Just feel like giving up. really i do. Emotionally I feel like a mess. So numb. Everything/everyone around me bothers me.

No, I don't want to give up. but having gotten no where really I'm feeling desperate. (not suicidal by any means). Life is passing me by. What life? Hard to live like this.

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pugs.

I am going to take a chance here that you might get annoyed with me for suggesting some medical/alternative info that saved my life.

I was where you are now for many years. What pulled me out of it was treating for parasites which according to recent info from Dr. K. is PRIMARY and Lyme secondary to be treated.

I will stop here, but if you would like more info, just pm me. Just don't give up and know that you can regain your life with proper tx.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pugs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20954

aww glm111 thank you for your offer, I just might take you up on it. My cognitive/emotional sx are just getting worse instead of better. Thanks for that 'gentle nudge' and support.
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 22 years of this misery, I can tell you that there are good times and bad times. Read my post about my deep funk recently.

One way I am discovering to cope is to take a break from the abx every now and then. If the herxing gets too bad, you can rest and recover.

Another thing to do is to keep a diary. I have boxes full of them. I poured out my heart and misery in them because I thought that no one else cared to hear about it. But as time went on and I learned more and more, my diaries became more positive as I did.

Be proactive and not a victim. Take charge. And keep talking to all of us. We are always here for you and have tons of (((((hugs))))) to send you! [group hug]

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement