LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? Wk of May 16th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? Wk of May 16th
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This little guy is on the move. HOw about you?

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

OK. That is what I figured. Me too!

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deerose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deerose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a regular poster on this thread but
the subject line question always challenges me to be aware anyway.

just so you know...side effects you know not of...

as for movement...recently began walking several times a week.

but for a long time just doing the days household tasks was the biggie and before that...even more basic.

what was whenever i could manage has become monthly which became weekly...

My pace is decidely different and endurance still unpredictible but definitely better than taking all day to get dressed and eat.

Now with the better weather I am out doing gardening for myself and others (in all my tick repellant gear)which is overall body movement.

Again I pace instead of my former prelyme hard charging.

I do better with overall body movement like gardening than straight walking type
exercise.

I am very gradual and if exercise is not built into my life is a toughie for me.
I do climb stairs often.

that's all but mainly to say your regular and updated subject line helps even tho I do not post.

--------------------
Not everything in life that can be counted counts and not every thing that counts can be counted...Albert Einstein

Posts: 208 | From Northeast | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam-Loved the pix of the doggies. Sure made me smile.

Deerose-Welcome to the club!

Took my car to the shop and they put on another transmission pan gasket that I obviously didn't put on correctly. My transmission was 2 quarts low on fluid. [Eek!]

Went to walk in clinic from the shop and got a shot and some Augmentin for the week. Feeling better and will attempt to go to work today for my first day at my new part-time job.

Been a couch potato and will try and get some exercise in later during the week.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Kam - very cute doggie pics.

Deerose - glad you are able to do some gardening these days.

ALW - Glad you are feeling better - good luck on your first day at your new job! I'm a couch potato today too - well just sitting at my desk working - took a shower and a bit tired from it but feel refreshed.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deerose... glad to know you are around even though you are not always around... [lol]

kam... I WANT A PIC OF A BEAUTIFUL BORDER COLLIE... THAT IS YOUR JOB!! [bow]

Ak .. glad you got a shot and will be on your way to recovery. Take care of yourself!!

I did 40 laps and 16 min on the magic machine. I'm pooped.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not doin so good

almost er sunday night from abd pain

got into new primary monday and she sent me straight to hosp for ultrasound

hard time pulling it all off and just resting today

no test results yet-she suspects diverticulitis

neighbor had etta for 7 hrs! what a great guy. of course he HAS fallen in love with her seeing me walk her around

i'm weak and have lost 10 lbs in 5 days. i'm very happy about that of course...but doc says not so good.

i've lost all that weight with no exercise..sittng in the recliner

i miss the barn-but have to figure this out first i guess

new primary knows and thinks very highly of new ilads president. i just got appt with him...hope between the two of them i will turn the corner here

yeah...now i'm back to counting a shower and doing dishes as exercise...hope this doesn't last too long

welcome deerose...hope you keep comin back

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

-

Tutu...meet Simon

kam
Member # 3410

deerose...i find it interesting how we are all different and you have more success with gardening than walking.

The main goal for me is to be able to move the body and find some joy while we are doing it however we are able to move the body.

How did the job go ALW?

penguin girl..i still don't take showers for granted and it does feel good to get cleaned up

kayak..sounds like some hopeful news with the new primary doc. Hope you are feeling a bit better soon.

I have been able to get out of the house and go for a short drive. Went to dog park this am.

Rosie had the place to herself. Short visit.

WAnted to do more but brain and body were not up to it so came home.

Able to empty the dishwasher just now. Resting then, hoping to put dirty dishes in the DW.

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute pic Kam! Glad you were able to get out for a short drive and go to the dog park. Nice to get some fresh air.

Kayak - sorry about your abdominal pain - hopefully your new doc can get you better soon. So glad you have a nice neighbor to help look after etta for a bit.

Been in a lot of lower back pain ever since that second trip to CVS so not really doing any walking as it is too painful on my tailbone.

I am going to try to do some stretching later and take a bath again - that helped temporarily last night w the pain.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWWWWW...he's a puppy!! He's all fluffy!! I looked on the site you use and there were tons of border collies!! How do you use them?? Do you have to pay?? I didn't "get it."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Teflon brain. Can't recall what I just read.

I was able to go for a drive on a dirt road this evening.

it was the one with the gate that you need to roll open and close and then roll open and close again.

I did OK. Wanted to keep going on the dirt road but knew I needed to conserve energy in order to drive back.

Brain was not clear but doing well enough to be on the road and not get stuck in a rut as I noticed tire tracks from others.

Good to be out. But, down time now. Sweat dreams all.

kam
Member # 3410

Drove to dog park. Short visit. Had the place to ourselves again. Went to see about getting help with pulling window in car up.

Rain here today.

On the way back saw some guys working out at the new place in town. They pulled the window up for me.

Moved couch with power chair while coming in after toileting Rosie first thing this am.

So couch is in the middle of the front room and I don't have the strength to move it back.

I could use the power chiar but need to move things that were behind couch first so they don't get run over.

REally need to move that couch along the other wall when I have the strength...I think.

In bad mood this am. I have had that upside down, dizzy thing going on in the head for a couple of days.

Forgot about that symptom. Don't want it coming back. Not sure what to do about it or what is causing it again.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm feeling ok-not worse...but stressing as you can see by my posts here and in medical re lipids

and communication breakdown in doc office re test results

still crampy and no ultrasound results yet

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Finally able to do the 10 min walk in the forest with a break half way.

Raining out so I am dripping now but that is oK.

Dust is washed off car which is good.

Had a couple of excedrin before I went as head was swelling. I think the excedrin helped me be able to walk in the forest but done in now for a bit.

Kayak..sure hope you get the help needed soon and all works out.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

managed a short walk with etta between downpours

she got sopping wet! and is not supposed to get the stitches wet...but they look really good and come out tomorrow. and she really needed to get some exercise...me not so much today.

i feel like an awful crybaby

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You're NOT, kayak. You're as tough as nails. [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

NO ONE was here today???

had a short walk with etta before and another after getting her stitches out---doc said they looked good

down pour s on and off all day...a tornado touched down in philly an hour away...we have lymies there

i'm not in so much pain today...just weak...but wondering about going to barn tomorrow....

--------------------

rera2528
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rera2528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't ever posted in this thread, but I had a celebration of sorts last night. We finally had some beautiful weather, and I took my daughter for a short walk in her stroller.

The celebration is that I WANTED to take a walk, and I had the energy to do it!

It was short, but we had a blast. And I felt good when we were home. No bad effects.

I stand/walk for my job, but that usually leaves me too tired to want to go in the evening.

I hope that you all have a great day today!

Posts: 447 | From Vermont | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

kayak - hugs! Glad etta is doing ok too. Are you going to the barn today.

rera - glad to see you here and had the energy to walk and felt good afterwards!

kam - how is your headache? I have never taken excedrin before (scared of the caffeine) but I'm hoping you are doing better today.

I'm doing ok - very fatigued but hey that is just another symptom. I went to CVS yesterday to pick up my correct syringes that CVS messed up on - actually not quite their fault - the manufacturer no longer makes the kind I was using - anyway had to go back to get it and it forced me to take a walk. I did ok and yesterday was actually not rainy when I went out (in the middle of the day)

I think I will try to do some yoga sitting poses and breathe and relax and then take another bath tonight. I always feel so much better after baths.

Have a great day everyone! [Smile]

--------------------
 -

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
peguingirl,

try sleeping with a pillow between your legs,,,my lower back is a terrible mess if I dont.

Going to do something been waiting 30 years for. Had the car my grandpa bought brand new in 1950 in storage.

Going to take the motor block which now resides in the trunk to the machine shop to see if it is fixable.

It was like that when I got the car back in the 70's sometime or other.

Looking back it would have been MUCH cheaper to fix it back then and drive it places since.

Now if I can just lift it from there to a pickup we are all set. grunt grunt

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Ah looking forward to catching up on what everyone has been up to but need to wait until that part of the brain is doing better.

Walked into dog park this am and got to have a short chat with a couple regulars.

Rosie was a happy camper...she was doing her happy dance.

Got a name of a place to take my car in to see what it would be to get the drivers side window fixed.

Drove by the place but wasn't up to walking in.

Walked into small ma and pa health food place and picked up a few things. Went to car and sat as they rang things up as I was having trouble being on my feet.

They brought the groceries out to me. Got another name of a place to get car window fixed.

DRove to area but could not find the place. Second time I have looked for this place.

Drove by other car place and saw them out front so pulled up. Liked the guy I talked to. I sat in car as he did the leg work.

Said he would get back to me on est.

Window is rattling as I drive down the road and slowly rolling itself down. Can't seem to get it back up now...but at least it is not raining out.

For those that need ear muffs for sound sensitivity, I learned that the Peltor Bullseye work much better than the other pair I have. FYI

Wondering if it is something the police might stop me for if I drive down the road with the ear muff protection on to cut out the road noise.

Guessing they might so better just wait it out.

Good to get out of the house. I would have prefered my 10 min walk in the forest but thankful I was able to do what I did this am.

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one question is how much are parts,,,how much is labor???

But sir I have my own parts to fix,if you use those how much???

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the dog pictures - so cute!

I have not posted on this thread before - glad you guys are able to get out to walk and garden this week. I have been gardening a lot. I love the flowers.

I also ride my horse but that is easy. The only hard part is getting up on him. WANTING to get up him is the hurdle for me.
I had a wonder week full of motivation but I am kind of poopy today.

I can relate to all of you. The gardening, the dogs, my cat just having had stitches out, the barn (do you ride?), driving down the country dirt roads, pushing your baby in a stroller (so lucky to have a baby!). . . . and staring at the couch wondering if you will ever find the energy to move it.

Simple pleasures.
Hope you all have another good day.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Drove almost 4 miles out of town. Part of the way was on a 55 mph highway.

Est 10 min on my feet on a dirt road.

Walked into car repair shop and sat down but paper work people were gone for the day so need to go back on Monday.

kam
Member # 3410

Neff...welcome...good to hear about the gardening and the riding.

Don...can't imagine restoring a car from the 50's. But, I hear it can be done a little at a time.

What is it?

Penguin girl...glad you were able to walk to CVS. Taking a bath sounds wonderful. I really miss not having a bathtub.

I use to take excedrin daily for years. A friend recently brought over some tumeric and something else which I can't recall right now.

But, I no longer usually have the need to take excedrin 1st thing in the am. Very good.

I also started on zithro ...pulsing it..at the same time so not sure which thing is helping.

rera...good times. glad you were able to get out and enjoy your outing

kayak..how are you doing? Did you go to the barn? Glad to hear etta's stitches are out...less stress

ONly 2 more days of this week.

Headed towards the trail across from the rodeo grounds 1st this evening. I usually cut across the rodeo grounds to get to it.

Got stopped 4 times...rodeo in town

Place at the trail head to park had big trailers

Saw another truck..kind of looked like a dump truck while coming back on the highway.

had some big steers in it. Wondered how they loaded and unloaded the steers as it was really high off of the ground.

And it looked like the back gates swung out.

HA Maybe they just put it in dump truck mode and dumped those puppies out. [Smile] Ouch.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

glad to see someones here..and new someones too!

i did go to bed feeling pretty good last night but woke up soon with trigeminal neuralgia back

not really surprising...it is my 5th day off ibu and doxy...cuz of gi stuff

anyway...took both ibu and doxy and a few other supps...and in 2 hrs was starting to get better. figured i shouldn't try to ride---yes neff...i do and if you search mounting block you will see a whole story of my struggles to get on!

so i took etta back to daycar for the first time since her spay and she had a ball...they let her run in the office with the owners dogs when she is not out in the yard...

and i stopped in to look at mother of the bride dressses cuz the shop was close and i can't believe i found something that sorta looked good...didn't buy it yet---need to get dil to bes approval...

then i wnet to the barn to check on my little horse and i found out he is doing so well since i trained him that he is the most used lesson horse and he may not have time for me...that makes me sad

really sad...cuz he has bad arthritis like me and i do some special stuff for him and i know he isn't gonna hold up for too many lessons

so i don't know what will happen

i just put so much work into that block!!!

then when i got home i got the test results from the doc who won't see me anymore with the incompetent nurse. the one who told me all my results were fine and i should go to a lyme doc not her. turns out...she never received the abdominal ultrsound...which is the one that would have shown the problems and the nurse didnt even know the test results were missing....grrrrr. the hosp confirmed they have the results but the doc never got them...and there is no way to contact doc til monday...soooo

anyway---my exercise was walking around the barn and paddocks and givng that littl horse a hug and i guess i can count putting on and off 9 dresses too....

i hope i get more tomorrow

--------------------

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T G I F!!! [woohoo]

I still have to work Saturday but can be super casual cause I'll be the only one there.

Things are going ok at the new part time job.

But here's the kicker gang. I started herxing Wednesday from the antibiotics from the walk in clinic.

So I'm not taking anymore. Had to cut down to one in the evening yesterday and can't sleep when I do take one. Makes me super nervous and jittery.

Oh boy, a whole nother can of worms.

Guess my Lyme or Bart is still pretty active. What a bummer! I thought I was in remission but whew! what a herx! My brain feels kinda fried!

Loved reading the posts, it helps me to stay grounded.

Chat with you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Loved reading the posts, it helps me to stay grounded.

...me too ALW

Able to empty out dishwasher and put dirty dishes in. A feel good moment.

Resting now then hoping to water potted plants.

kam
Member # 3410

I also took a shower and put on clean clothes. I think this shower taking business is beginning to be more frequent.

This is good.

kam
Member # 3410

Got the potted plants watered, broken pieces of pottery in large pot, and some soil.

7 potted plants. but, when I get the ones transplanted into the big pot it will be minus 3

Resting now, then breakfast

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Showered and cleaned my apt yesterday and did laundry. Very good day.

However last night in my apt building our next door neighbor had some friends over and one of the lunatics staying with them was drunk and loud late at night (2 am) and sprayed the fire extinguisher all over the long hallway.

I have such sensitivity to smells that I could smell something in the air from our bedroom which is not too far from the door. I opened the door and sure enough, smokey halo all over the hallway and the carpet was covered in sut. Our doorway was covered in sut. It was a nightmare. No wonder when I went to go to the bathroom it was a hazy mess and I thought it was because my eyes are blurry again. Nope.

So this morning I spent a good hour vacuuming the hallway (still inhaling fumes so I am still lightheaded) and then had vacuumed/mopped our hardwood floors inside my apt too. I JUST cleaned yesterday too!! GRRR.

Took a shower now and getting ready for another Bicillin shot soon.

Sunny out for once so "might" try to take a walk later but I am very pooped from yesterday and today.

Glad everyone is doing well!

--------------------
 -

lpkayak
Member # 5230

omg penquin that is awful!!! i am better from mcs but i remember

i'm tired now...had a driving outing today. beautiful day but i forgot my hat and am on doxy so i hurt and am tired

i plan to go WATCH a horseshow tomorrow with etta

i think i'll plan to COMPETE in the next one...
(uh...thats a joke)

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/lyme-disease/my-treatment

Update on Scott's (Better Healh Guy's treatment)

not able to read now due to vision but I know he has been battling this for 14 yrs now and has been able to travel all over the world and lived to write about it. HA!

just don
Member # 1129

This morning I got up at 3;30 to get to work at 5. By the time I got my toes and feet all dressed for the day, ate and commuted it was time.

Went to grandsons soccer game. 3 and 4 year olds 'playing' their version of soccer,,,what a hoot that is.

Then went and helped a friend pour a concrete patio extension. Not big but had to scrape the mud out of the trailer , into wheelbarrow, down a slick steep hill cause it rained.

Then went home and put grandson down for a nap which he objected to. Took a couple hours when normally a 15 minute task.

Then went out and mowed the lawn..

Other than that did absolutely nothing.

Oh my next fix it project,,grandpas 50 Dodge, Hasnt been out of the garage in about 30 years.

Looked better when I put it in.

Got some parts in on my Camaro project, one more box to go. Then just getting them installed in small tight spaces.

And grandsons first birthdaty party tommorrow,,,birthday was last Monday. So cute, he really took off walking this last week or two. He thinks he is somebody now!!!!

And more work next three days,,then it is back to moving cars around and resume my siding project!!! (100 miles away)

--------------------
just don

lpkayak
Member # 5230

wht do you eat for breakfast , don...i want some.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

LOL Kayak....breakfast of champions of course. [Smile]

Tried to find a pic of a 1950 Dodge truck. They had lots of 1949 but only this one that I saw of 1950

-

My brain got a good workout this am. Able to stand, sit and talk to two of my favorite people at the dog park.

Brain is inflamed now but thankful and hoping that excedrin will dot he trick to help cover up the pain.

kam
Member # 3410

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja-8yeNNBCI

Lyme Warriors in front of white house protesting.

Snipers on the roof (well..wouldn't you be a bit alarmed at little lyme green people outside your front gate. [Smile]

Guessing these gals and guys are really going to be worn out.

just don
Member # 1129

sorry Kam,,,its a 50 Dodge CAR!!!!

--------------------
just don

lpkayak
Member # 5230

re video or protest in washington dc

i did give obama a hand written note about lyme when he visited nh when campaigning...i talked to him for awhile and i really felt he was listenting to me. then i gave him some key info written down...but you know. he seems to have his hands full. wars and stuff.

i didn't feel like clinton or edwards paid any attention to me.

i don't know how anyone gets anything done in that town...(DC)

etta and i spent 7 hrs at a horse show today. so i did a lot of walking and sitting. i'm glad i went. i still feel weak...but glad i didn't just sit home. its good to get out.

hope i get the last ultrasound results tomorrow.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement