LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Photos from the MayDay Rally

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Photos from the MayDay Rally
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a couple of photos I wanted to share from the mayday Rally

-
 -
 -

Was great to meet every one

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for doing this, Paul - must have been fun to finally meet everyone!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, I was there - didn't get to talk to you, just wanted you to know how great I thought everything went. I was one of the ladies with a wheelchair. It was a long day in the sun, but I'm so glad to have been part of it! I hope you found your phone!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul - Thank you for sharing these and thank each one of you for representing all of us.

So wish I could have been there.

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey yall!!! I'm back. Was great to finally meet lymeladyinNY and Paul. Who else from Lymenet was there that I didn't meet? Soon as I download my pics to photbucket, I'll post em.

Everyone, it was a totally awesome experience and very freeing. Gee, I'd get me a tatoo if hubby wouldn't get mad: a great big lime green ribbon!!! Wooooooopee!

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting these. Was anyone home at the White House??
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LymeLadyinNY, I too was there but I think the trip to get there wiped me out more than I expected and I lasted about an hour sitting up and met a few of the lyme patients but surely didn't get the rounds in I had hoped for.

From there, I crashed on a blanket IN THE SHADE. I was still aware of all of the speakers and what was going on....I just couldn't move. But I was so very glad that I was still there. I did make three laps on the protest but then had to go lay back down but I sadly wasn't the only one.

Paul, great pictures. I have some of mine on FB and tagged you in a few.

KAM, I have to admit to not being all the way there and in total brain fog, but I remember my son asking why all these people came out of the White House and started taking pictures of us. They didn't leave the steps but their cameras were pointing right at us, so I assume a zoom? I have no idea what that was about. Hopefully someone with more brain cells than I had on Saturday can answer this.

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE PICS!!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TD said... "I remember my son asking why all these people came out of the White House and started taking pictures of us. They didn't leave the steps but their cameras were pointing right at us, so I assume a zoom? I have no idea what that was about."

In the past, some from the "other side" have come to take pictures of Lyme patients at protests. Unfortunately, it was not for friendly purposes.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures Paul. Speaking for the lyme communities all over, we thank you for making this rally a reality.
Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people coming out of the white house were Tourists. On the tour

but the men on the roof were snipers

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you ever find your phone? [Smile]

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Never found the phone

but I had insurance so just need to pay a co-pay and wait a couple days.

my train also lost an engine both going down and coming home. causing a 2 hour delay both ways.

Amtrak gave me a 75 dollars voucher but I was hoping for more

over all was a great time. will have my replacement phone soon.

Paul

[ 05-24-2011, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Paul Mall ]

Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMgosh Paul, that guy was a hoot!

Sounds like a sucky train ride home. Glad you made it back safe and sound despite the delay though.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
thanks paul...
nothing but Blue skies on my mine.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoyed the pix! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was a very special rally

i was at the westchester one years ago and remember how great it was to see lymenetters face to face

i don't think i'll get to another unless it is in my own backyard-the traveling would kill me

and a wheelchair would be necessary

but i am so glad so many of you went out and sent the message

now take care of yourselves...you need a rest

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTFP!
tdid--those would have been the goons.

[ 05-30-2011, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: onbam ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement