LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Freaking out. Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Freaking out. Help!
philly78
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31069

Icon 9 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked my messages and there was a message from my LLMD's office asking if I could bring my son in early. We were scheduled to go back in July. Now I'm freaking out!

I had been suspicious that my son had lyme so I decided to bring him to my doc and get him tested. I don't think my doc would have called to make an earlier appt unless the results came back positive.

Well...now I'm all emotional and my mind is racing. Not sure why as I my gut instincts were telling me I was correct.

But now I can't stop thinking about all of the "what ifs". This is horrible!

Someone...PLEASE calm me down! I can't stop crying now. What a rush of emotions and I don't even know the test results yet!

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be happy!! Thank God you have a doctor who cares about you and your son!!

Most of us can't find any competant doctors, let alone doctors who care. A lot of parents were told that their children have Munchauser's Syndrome by Proxy, and were told to go to a psychiatrist.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that... It took me a few years and almost being put in a psych ward before I fought to get answers.

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto on that philly, I would be estatic. 1. you have a doc that cares 2. if he does have lyme your caring doc is not willing to wait until July to treat 3. you will know what the DX is

This is all assuming it is Lyme of course. I do understand your emotions though, so just let them be, once they are "out" you may feel more relaxed. I usually do anyway. Take a deep breath (if you can) and don't let your son see you upset. If you can be strong (or appear strong) it will allow him to be strong...

That's just how I would deal with it, not try to be bossy, but it sounds like I am... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philly,

I know this is all so very scary and not what you would have wanted for you son. None of us want it for anyone in our lives and it is horrid.

You are an amazing mother to even have found a doctor that will take any of this seriously and it sounds like your son will be in very good hands no matter what the outcome of the tests.

If you feel like crying....do it. It helps release endorphins and will help you have yourself pulled together when you see the doctor. Try to do this on your own time and not in front of your son. If you remain calm, it will help him do the same.

My heart goes out to you. Please continue to keep us posted.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all! I really don't know what I would do without this place.

I know I may be "jumping the gun" but I just don't see any other reason that he would want us in there early.

But you're right. This is a good thing and now that I've paced my bedroom and cried a bit, I have calmed down a little.

I just worry...much of the time for no reason at all. But my little man has been through so much already.

I called my mom and talked to her and she told me that God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. So...does he think I'm superwoman or something?

It's times like this I REALLY miss my wine!

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Lol! Good call on the wine! [Smile] darn Flagyl.
michiganfun
Member # 31128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michiganfun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto tdtid.

And, you are superwoman. You're an amazing and caring MOM!

I raise my glass to you (water of course).

Posts: 7 | From michigan | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I couldn't have the wine so I made some fresh lemonade and I must say...it was delicious!

I was sitting outside reading through a magazine and there was a recipe for lemonade and I thought...damn that looks good!

The recipe called for sugar but I just substituted the sugar with xylitol. Figured I would post here if anyone is interested. I haven't had anything sweet to drink in what seems like forever! So, I really enjoyed it.

In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup xylitol and 1/2 cup water.

Bring to boil, stirring occasionally until xylitol is dissolved.

Let cool.

You will also need 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice. Took me 6 lemons.

In a pitcher, combine the xylitol/water mixture with fresh lemon juice. Add 2 1/2 or 3 cups of water (I used 3)

Chill or pour over ice and enjoy!

--------------------

James1979
Unregistered

Philly - that's a GREAT idea about the lemonaide with xylitol! Not enough people know about xylitol.

I've been making myself some sugar-free hot cocoa with xylitol, and it's been great for sugar cravings.

Also, I recently ordered sugar-free xylitol chocolates online. They even have prebiotics in them to feed the good bacteria!

philly78
Member # 31069

Ooh!! That sounds good too.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
philly, So sorry for all you've gone through and now this. [Frown]

Glad you were able to pace, cry, get calmed down, and get some encouragement from this thread you started. So thankful for Lymenet.

In spite of everything you've gone through, I can tell you are a "count your haves instead of your have nots kind of a person" and that makes a big difference.

Your son is blessed to have you as his mom! Just said a prayer.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement