LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Doc is convinced it's not Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doc is convinced it's not Lyme
Twisted Jon
Member # 31236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twisted Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and has tested me for West Nile Virus, Rheumatoid arthritis, and some other insect born illness that starts with an e. Cannot remember what it was for the life of me lol.
I am shaking all over 24 hours a day for about 5-6 days of the week, my wrists and hands feel as if the bones are made from molten steel and I feel as if my bones are heavy as steel too. I cannot sleep most days and I forget the simplest things. I have even given my atm card to my wife as I buy things and completely forget about it. Not good when you try to balance the checkbook lol...Yet I take it all a day at a time. Not much else I can do.

Thank you all for your support. I still come here to learn new things no matter what the diagnosis turns out to be.

Posts: 98 | From Maytown PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right, just one day at a time...just because you don't have an answer yet, doesn't mean that you won't ever have one.

I am of the mind that things will be forthcoming and that your research and questionings will lead you to either a dx or a plan to help you feel better...it is so hard not knowing what you are dealing with.

I will keep you in my prayers, and I mean that.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you need more names of LLMD's please post in Seeking.

Sounds like you need a real doctor.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jon:

Was your western blot negative and did they give you the band readings?

If so were any of the bands positive?

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'maybe' just maybe,,,you have the wrong doc.

Is he a LLMD,,,or a street run md????

Keep doc shopping till you get a reasonable answer.

Not the "We dont have that here" crap
''''

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bridge
Member # 30896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the same position Jon unfortunately.

Interestingly enough, my dr too had me get a west nile virus blood test...

The one dr who said it 'could' be lyme disease has left the practice so now I'm back at square one...

Posts: 82 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it epstein-barr virus, or

eastern equine encephalitis?

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, where have I heard that statement before?

They must all go to the medical school? They teach them to say "I don't believe you have lyme".

Or "It is not lyme's disease. This test shows you are only a little positive."

Or they pull some dx out of you know where and call it something real simple like MS, ALS, chronic fatigue, fibro, Parkinson like, bad flu virus, EBV, on and on.

I love the "I've already rx more than enough abx, if it was lyme it would be dead by now. It's been 10 days. Let's do another round of tests. That sed rate is elevated and that can't be accurate."

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6479 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Twisted Jon
Member # 31236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twisted Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo I just cannot afford a reg. LLMD, the out of pocket is just too much.
t9im, again, cannot afford a LLMD so.....
TF, not sure to be honest. I am checking with my doc for results now...

Thank you all very much for the support and feedback. I just take things a day at a time and hope for the best.

Posts: 98 | From Maytown PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you called everyone on the list to see??

Self-treat!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jon:

They should be able to run the western blot and give you the band readings. The greatest downside is bands 31 & 34 won't be on the test if its not a speciality lab like Igenex.

You need to know the bands just to see if there is any exposure.

My daughter failed the Elisa lyme test twice so the pediatrician and IDSA MD stated it couldn't be lyme.

We saw a pediatric neurologist who did run the WB but didn't obtain the band readings. It too came back negative so she indicated it couldn't be lyme.

We finally saw Dr. J and had the WB run by Igenex. Initially she only had 2 positive bands with to equivocal bands so still negative but Dr. J inferred the bands indicated exposure to lyme.

This was good enough for us (8 months, 10 MD's, 2 hosipitsl, numerous tests, etc.) to believe it was Lyme versus the pediatric IDSA MD stating "I know Lyme and your daughter doesn't have Lyme disease".

She has subsequently been tested 3 more times and has only had 3 positives with equivocals. Good enough for us to know we are on the right path.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopesAlive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopesAlive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I am one of the fortunate few, when it comes to doctors. I could not afford an "LLMD" at this time, but I am seeing the integrative physician who diagnosed (positive Igenex test) me with Lyme Disease.

Because she does not call herself an LLMD, I do not have to pay out of pocket. Just my regular co-pays as I would any other doctor. Yet, she is extremely educated when it comes to Lyme and company, even if she is not the expert others may be able to afford.

Because she is not a regular family doctor, she is open to so much of what a regular LLMD would be open to, is informed and knows the importance of diet and has knowledge about supplements, alternative medicine, etc. I know there are other integrative physicians on the list for Minnesota LLMDs, so maybe you could look up someone like that, who may be better than the run-of-the-mill, Lyme Disease-does-not-do-that doctors.

Just a thought.

--------------------
Best Wishes,

Hope

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

~~The Shawshank Redemption~~

Posts: 234 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebobatie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please don't give up!

i was told i have chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, ricketts, maybe lupus, depression, and rheumatoid arthritis.

i think i'd be dead by now if i wouldn't have found an LLMD.

i hope somehow you find a way to come up with the money to see a doctor who can help [Frown] i know it can be rough!!

Posts: 442 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Twisted Jon
Member # 31236

My new Neurologist is keeping an open mind about what is the root cause of all the issues I am having. There are a few more tests he wish to get out of the way and there is the rheumatologist yet to see. However, he said if all these tests come up normal and the rheumatologist finds nothing then he will order a lumbar puncture or whatever (basic spinal tap I guess?) to test for lyme in the spinal fluid I guess. Basically he is going with the eliminate everything else then what is left must be the answer. Mayhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel that is not a train lol....
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were probably tested for ehrlichia (or ehrlichiosiis). I can't think of another tick borne illness that starts with an e.

While maybe you don't have lyme (or test positive) it is possible that you could have a different sort of infection. Seems prudent to test for babeosis, bartonella and mycoplasma. Perhaps strep titers too.

While my daughter's neurologist does not believe in lyme, she is treating her for a different form of tick bite infection.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have something causeing the symptoms.

Many organisms they are now finding are giving up their DNA to fold into ours...

They are aware of this and makes the tests not see it unless enough is killed if they are not in the sample they won't be seen.

Here is an example of one organism they have found this to be true...Never mind the US has ignored it for yrs. It causes more disease in SA than HIV/Hep. and Malaria combined...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm​c/articles/PMC3066158/ 2011 March Huge implications in our DNA fighting abilities.
http://www.stanford.edu/cl​ass/humbio103/ParaSites200​5/Kinetoplasts/research.ht​m Note found only in intestines and heart.

Some of the others shown to give up their DNA now is Strep, Staph, Gonorrhea. Shown on recent studies...Can't wait for more.

So what a LLMD does is treat for the bacteria that can cause it, and parasites that can carry the bacteria and parasites, and most find the virus' have a hard time living in that environment and only treat if they must...

So I hope you can find yourself a LLMD. Or at least challenge for the Igenex WB if NEG....That is how I found it...

There is no such thing as a syndrome without a cause....

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement