LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » not much longer now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not much longer now
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I am 36 weeks pregnant tomorrow! I CAN"T believe I made it this far. But I have to say that my body is starting to tell me that its done being pregnant. It certainly has told me this before and I stayed pregnant.

Something changed 2 weeks ago. I am not sure if baby dropped or what, but it doesnt feel too good right now.

TONS of pain, cramps random contractions

I went to the doc today and I am dilated to 1.5

the dilation in its self doesnt mean too much for me as with #1 I was 4cm for a month and 2cm for 8 weeks with #2-

Its the overall feeling of my body.

It will be no longer than 2.6 more weeks.

I just have this weird anxiety I cant really explain some of it is pain related.

My baby is not considered term until at least 37 weeks so I am trying to plug along for at least another week. I really dont want her to go to the NICU if I have anything to do with it. She may anyway due to my diabetes etc-

please keep us in your thoughts!

Thanks you

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry not 2.6 I menat 2.5
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah...Merrygirl, you are almost there! I am so so glad. You stuck to the bedrest and prayers were answered.

Hope you can get comfortable these last couple weeks.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOOD JOB, merrygirl!! You've really gone the extra mile so to speak!!

We can't wait to hear about your baby's birth!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl,
Thinking of you and praying for a very sweet baby girl!

[Smile]

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Merrygirl, you're doing great!
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Thanks everyone! I am so anxious! Much more so than with my other kids. I guess i worry it will happen abruptly. My labor with my first was 30 min and didnt have one contraction and the doc wasnt read or in the building and was told not to push for at least 10 min of 30. My second was only a couple of hours.

I just dont want to deliver my own baby!

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you and hoping for a safe, happy, healthy delivery!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - I haven't told you yet, I don't think, that I really admire you for going through this - and I hope it all goes as well as can - start thinking positive thoughts for yourself and the baby -

Here's a true delivery story that happened in my neighborhood some years back - a woman collapsed on the sidewalk, full term, with the baby coming -

A young college student, maybe like 20 years old, was bicycling by, and she called out for his help. He stopped, and others saw what what was going on and started gathering around.

The person who lived next to where she was opened their window, saw what was happening, and called either 9/11 or the hospital, don't know which.

Next thing they knew, the resident hands the phone to the college student, there's a doctor on the line, who's giving the student instructions on what to do with the baby that's literally being born on the sidewalk, with a crowd around it! No time even for anyone medical to get there!

The newspaper article on this lovely event reported that the student was so excited, that he was reconsidering his major, to go into medicine!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is how I felt the day before I had my last one....kind of weird.

Everyone is different....glad you know not to wait getting to the hospital!

God bless you and your little ones....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Wow, on a sidewalk?! Amazing.

Yes, i just get a feeling and then its time. Nothing like on tv! I told my new ob that the wait at home until contractions are 5 min apart, doesnot apply to me. If i say i am coming then i am. My doc said just remind us when you call. Lol. I might just get a tent and camp out at the hospital!

It was 10 years ago today my first beauty was born in quite a hurry!

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Thanks for the kind words robin and everyone.
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Merrygirl, try not to have the baby on the sidewalk, if you can help it - although it does make for a great human interest story...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow how exciting!! I'm so happy for you! You're almost there!! Hang in there, she'll be here very soon!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard from Merrygirl? How is she doing?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. that was 10 days ago!

Merrygirl... how are you!?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

hi guys!

I am still pregnant and I cant believe it! But The doctor is going to "encourage" my body along on thursday! last time that resulted in delivery within 12 hours!

Its not a sure bet, but it has worked for me in the past. If that doesnt work, I will be induced hopefully the beginning of next week!

Had my last u/s yesterday, baby looks good about 6 pounds 6 ounces. They couldnt measure the head because its so low.

the doctor was doing the ultrasound and she kept asking "how far away from the hospital do you live"? I dont think it will be a long labor.
YIKES!

keep you posted!

merrygirl
Member # 12041

oh and i was 2cm as of friday!
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Any day now! Very exciting. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So fabulous!
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OK... So how far away are you from the hospital!!???? [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay merrygirl! I'm so happy and excited for you [Smile]

Thank you for sharing the great news with us. I'll be praying for you that you have an easy delivery and that your baby girl will be perfectly healthy.

Hugs!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! I'm so excited!!!

Good luck!

[kiss]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I'm glad for you and baby that she's still in there.
Forty weeks is considered full term, no?

If you are dilated that far, and baby has "dropped," and the doc is asking how far you live from the hospital...
I guess you should be ready to leave at a moment's notice.

Thirty years ago I had a neighbor who went into labor and delivered her baby on a quilt laid on the living room floor.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

So have you booked your hospital room yet?! All the best to you and your little one -
merrygirl
Member # 12041

thank you! shortly after posting I started getting regular contractions, about every 4 minutes. I decided at about 10p to go to the hospital. They hooked me up and sure enough I was having decent contractions. they didnt really hurt that bad.
BUT>>>
My cervix didnt change! over 7 hours of that nonsense for basically no reason! So I decided at 1am that I would just go home and sleep. Nothing woke me up, and very few contractions today!
I really thought that lastnight was the night. Even the doc didnt think I would be leaving.
UGH! cruel joke.

But I have my appointment tomorrow and hopefully they will get this show on the road.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

oh and the doc on call last night asked me at least 3x how far away I lived!

20 minutes!

penguingirl
Member # 28688

That is a cruel joke!

Yes tomorrow will hopefully be the day she can arrive into this world!!

--------------------
 -

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update. [Smile]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

aarrrggghhh!! Next time we hear from you it will be announcing the birth!!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momindeep
Member # 7618

Anxiously waiting for news.
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you did it! You made it till the end! Give yourself a huge pat on the back. You certainly deserve it. Bless you and your family! Anxiously awaiting the good news!!!
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Merrygirl, thinking of you tonight and praying that everything is going well.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Next time we hear from you it will be announcing the birth!!! [Smile]

---waiting --- patiently [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momindeep
Member # 7618

I'm with you Lymetoo [confused]
Robin123
Member # 9197

I was just checking in, to see if the baby had anything to say here yet - [Smile]
merrygirl
Member # 12041

hey guys!

No baby yet [Frown]
I am about ready to throw myself of a roof.

I cant even believe I am still pregnant. I guess I got my hope up that she would be here by now.
I guess i was wrong. I cant take much more.
so miserable.

if I dont go on my own they will induce me this friday or the following monday

sorry to be such a downer, but I am not a happy camper!
keep you posted and appreciate you thinking of us.
hugs

momindeep
Member # 7618

And here we were all worried that you would go at 28 weeks! Sheesh!
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Hey Merrygirl -

Oh well - you know what - go get a pedicure. I heard that can stimulate labor.

Hoping for the best for you and your baby girl!

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't blame you AT ALL for being unhappy!!! sheesh!!!!

Want us to pray you to the hospital?? [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momindeep
Member # 7618

Lymetoo...now THAT is funny!
merrygirl
Member # 12041

I know! I had trouble keeping her in since 20 weeks! had been On injections and everything to keep from going into labor. (stopped those at 35 weeks)
Now she wont come out!

My body is sooo messed up.

I suppose I shouldnt complain too much, my due date is aug 20. I guess I got my hopes up.

I was in tears today after the doctor said they wouldnt induce me until friday or monday.

So I decided to go get that pedicure (which isnt enjoyable with bad foot neuropathy, more like torture actually)

As far as praying to get me to the hospital, i was already there once today to be monitored and knowing my luck I would either get sent home again, or have to go there for a bad reason, So maybe just pray for some real contractions that dont go away?

LOL

I have to give myself a million injections a day and I am just tired of it.

95% of them can stop once this kid is out.

When she comes out I am goign to say hello, then let her know she is grounded indefinitely! [Wink]

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(((((((Merry!!!!)))))

OMG! How did I miss your entire pregnancy???!! Well, almost all of it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WOW!!! I am soooooooo happy for you!!!

Now. As you know, ideally babies come when THEY say ready, nobody else's opinion matters, not even their mothers'.

My darling son came into the world 1/2 day short of 2 weeks "late." Even non-hospital-based midwives in this town are not allowed to give babes longer than 2 weeks "overdue, so I began freaking when my little guy had 2 more days to get out or get forced out.

What worked awesomely well for us- mostly me- was acupuncture, which was recommended by my mid-wife as a safe labor-inducer.

I did the acupuncture, and voila, out he came, 1 1/2 days later, and best yet, via 4 short and joyful hours of natural childbirth (even though we both had Lyme, though I didn't know that yet). Even the mid-wife was amazed at how well things went.

Don't know if acupuncture is an option for you, but I highly recommend it to you, both for getting that child ready to emerge if its time, and for preparing your body for that miraculous moment.

Huge hugs to you and to the one who is almost here!

love, dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by momindeep:
Lymetoo...now THAT is funny!

-
As you know.. I believe in prayer!! [Big Grin]

will pray that the baby be delivered safely by tomorrow .. how's that?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

merrygirl
Member # 12041

hey dilly!

Thanks!
I guess my issue is that it honest to goodness has felt like this child was about to fall out since 20 weeks. I just hate this sensation. I mean not even joking. I couldnt even sit up for about 8 weeks and was on bedrest because it was so bad and my cervix was about half the length it should have been.

I prob would be more patient if it didnt feel like that 24/7 for 6 months.

Its very difficult for me to be pregnant, but (knock on wood) my labors are very easy and fast.

I prob would go for the accupuncture and I have considered it, but I have developed quite a HATE for needles. I mean no lie I insert 20 needles on a given day into my body. for 7 months I dont think I could even add one more even if they dont hurt.

just getting frustrated and tired of feeling so bad

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

I will pray with you Lymetoo!
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you poor thing. I'm sure it won't be long now. I've heard accuPRESSURE works too. When my sister was pregnant she went for accupressure on her feet an it was earlier on in her pregnancy and I know they wouldn't touch certain pressure points b/c they said it could induce early labor.

You know what else works, and this is kind of embarrassing to say b/c it worked for me....SEX. Something about prostoglandins I think. I had a lot of false labor for weeks and when it was the real deal and I went to the hospital they said they did in fact believe I was in labor but said it would still be awhile and sent me home to labor (b/c I lived practically next door to the hospital). So we asked if there was anything we could do to speed things up and...yup, you guessed it, they said sex. Now mind you, of course it wasn't the most enjoyable experience for either one of us, and really quite weird and gross to be brutally honest, but it did indeed speed things up for sure. I was desperate. Good luck!

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Hey tickled-

I tried the sex thing...didnt work.

I thought that maybe since that is what got me into this mess, it could get me out of it! But nope!

I have heard of the accupressure thing. maybe i will look that up tomorrow!

tickled1
Member # 14257

You are TOO funny!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement