LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » oh no.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: oh no.....
philly78
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So....I just took a home test and it turns out , I'm pregnant. I just decreased my hours at work and now I'm worried about money and being pregnant.

Just cannot even think straight right now.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! May God help you.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philly78. I am so glad for you! A baby is a good thing...scary, but still very good...this will work out.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally, I would be excited but I am not. I know that sounds harsh but I have had not so good experiences with my previous pregnancies. 1 ectopic that ended with me getting emergency surgery, 4 miscarriages and my water broke at 26 weeks with my son.

The funny thing is I was actually trying to get pregnant in the past and had such a difficult time. Now? I've had sex once in the last 3 months and it happens!

It is what it is and I will deal but the timing is just awful. I stopped all my meds and supps but I'm a bit worried since I was taking stuff I should not have been.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just take a breath and relax...take everything one day at a time or one hour at a time. Stress is not a good thing in any condition. The best things happen when we least expect them, congratulations and take care.

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that you shouldn't worry about what drugs you've already taken while pregnant.

Look at this: Over 60% of mothers were cigerette smokers in the 1950's. Does that mean that all of their children were messed up? No. I would say that most of them are normal.

On the other hand: I get goofy sometimes, and my parents never smoked. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, one way to look at it is that God's timing is the best! A big shock, I am sure, and I feel for you!! But all will work out for you!

Merrygirl's "surprise baby" is due any day now!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

That is very true Lymetoo. Makes me think back to when I found out I was pregnant with my son. I was only 20...no job and homeless. I remember I cried for days because I didn't know what I was gonna do.

But we made out fine.

You're right James and I'm not gonna worry. If I wasn't keeping track of my lyme symptoms, I wouldn't even have realized I was late! I've never really paid much attention or kept track of that but started to since I was already charting my symptoms.

I was looking over my charts this morning and thought...OMG! I'm 5 days late. Ran to the store right away and bought a test.

I looked through all my meds and I'll just stay on the vitamins and the Ceftin. That seems to be okay to take. I stopped the Bactrim though along with most everything else until I talk with the doc. I'm calling Monday and setting up an appt with someone other than the doc I was seeing.

What sucks is I just ordered a bunch of stuff online and it wasn't cheap! Can't take any of it though but I think it will last. At least I hope so!

--------------------

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow! I'm sure once you're over the shock it will be a blessing!! I WANT soo badly to have another baby but hubby wouldn't let me right now. I am just too sick and getting too old... so I my babies having days are over.

But I am so happy for you!! Congrats!! It will all work out!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement