LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 8/28 - 9/4/11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 8/28 - 9/4/11
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont' know how people get through life without knowing where our help comes from. There is only so much a person can do in our own strength. I know when I take the burdens on myself, alone, I fall under the load.

DKat, shared from this Psalm last time and I wanted to share it, in full, to encourage all of us on our journey home.

Psalm 121

1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains--
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip--
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you--
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm--
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Thank You so much my Lord! [bow]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning God Thought friends,

Thanks daisy and DKat for sharing the encouragement that comes from psalm 121.

I know what you mean about taking on the burdens alone....it does not work....I need our Lord to get me through.

daisy,

I am praying for all your needs to be met...strength, comfort, peace, good health, decision making....whatever it may be...may God grant you everything you need.

You are such a huge encouragement to me and so many others here.

Praying for all those still being affected by the hurricane. Sounds like there is alot of flooding in some states.

My sister and her family have been without power since 3 am Sunday. They were told it may be 3 days until power is restored.

They moved back to PA recently from FL. They bought a generator in FL and never had to use it....now they are using it, so they are able to keep their refrigerator running etc which helps alot.

How are you and your neighborhood today, DKat?

Here it is sunny and cool. Supposed to be 76 today....fall is in the air. [Frown]

I am still having blood drawn weekly for liver and pancreatic enzymes because a few of them are still not normal...close, but not normal.

MDW,

sounds like a wonderful time you have been having! Enjoy every minute!!

payne,

I suppose, like PA, your state is cooling off too.? Enjoy the day!!

Lymetoo,

So happy you were able to go to church on Sunday. Praying you will continue to feel better and better.

friends,

Whatever your needs are today, I am praying for you.

May you feel God's comforting arms around you as He holds you up, strengthens you, and gives you peace.

Have a blessed day!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Evening All,

I haven't been watching much news and tonight saw the devastation left as a result of Hurricane Irene. It was shocking so terrible.

They reported that 38 people have died so far.

Oh, Lord, we ask that you would comfort and give hope to all those who suffered loss due to the ravages of Irene.

Dekrator beautiful prayer for "God's comforting arms around you as He holds you up, strengthens you, and gives you peace." For you and each of us...and for those in the East and Northeast....AMEN!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this today and will share it with you because I care about you.

Meditation

Blessing My Body

Relaxing in the presence of God,

I bless my body.

In a few moments of meditation, I relax and receive a greater realization of God's presence with me and the sacredness of my body.

Gently and slowly, I move my thoughts from whatever is happening around me to the presence of god at the core of my being. Quiet and still, I get in touch with the sacredness within me. I feel a vital, palpable connection with my Creator.

I move beyond simply being at ease to a realization of complete serenity. I am a holy being, because the spirit of God is within me. God's spirit lives out through me as health and well-being. The realization of God's presence spreads throughout my body, blessing my digestive system, organs, and nerves. My body serves me well, and I am open to ways that I can bless my body by nourishing it with food, rest, activity, and prayer.

``Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own.''

-1 Corinthians 6:19

[group hug] wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisy, Perfect Psalm for today. I remember a song from psalm 121 but couldn't find it. I do really like this one though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHvkxFJy8E&feature=related

daisy, I agree, beautiful prayer~thank you! We're still praying for you too. Total healing...normal functions and no pain!!

Today was beautiful and sunny. I tried fixing up my flowers. They did not like the pounding the wind & rain gave them yesterday.

Our neighbors chain saw was humming most the day cutting up the oak trees. He will have nice wood to heat his garage this winter.

You're in my prayers..

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy, Thank you for reminding me to pray for other people.

I was out with my dad this eve and watched the sun go down...so pretty it was. But most time I was with him, my mind was off thinking of Psalm 121. daisy? I do not understand.
In teachings I have been learning, I am to keep my eyes on Him, so I can be more like Jesus.

We have been blessed and if we pray to God our keeper, and we find our way tired and afflicted...well, God gives us mercy from danger? And He won't sleep even when we are fatigue, right? His eyes are always open to protect us?

In the Bible (I think) tells us, "look up" He wants us to do everything with our best effort and not focus on activity of earth, hmm... that makes me average/plain, but I am human....Look up to the stars so we can remember who made them and look to the mountains and worship the Creator. God wants us to look beyond the stars and reach. So I have to work harder to serve the Lord.
So our help comes from Him, So we can do more to serve Him?

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How rude of me.

Dekrator... I have my days with my mother. Who is the child? But yes, I have had some blessings while I have been here. Need to get home to my children though, they need me and I miss them dearly. (I need them too)

Dkat just listened to the song you posted, very pretty it is.

Payne, thanks for sharing "blessing my body" I need to study that one for a bit and make meaning. Late to my mind tonight to think more.

Everyone have a healing rest, and we chat tomorrow.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Payne, That is a beautiful word for today. Yes, my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. God lives in me. WOW! That is so amazing when you think about it! And since God lives in me...I should live in a way that pleases Him.

OK, so these verses comes to my mind,

Romans 12:1-2,

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."

DKat, Thank you for your prayers. I'm at work on break...so can't check out the link yet...but I will later. Reading your write makes me think about how, it seems, after creation is "pounded" there is a resounding "Live! Spring forth!"

The sun shines.

The flowers try to hold their "heads" back up.

Indeed all creation looks up to it's creator.

Even the "oak" in it's death gives itself to warm others.

Yes, Lord Jesus, I hear You. I need to do the same as the rest of your creation...look to You and give to others!

MDW, It seems God is speaking to all of us on this subject. [Smile] I was blessed reading about your Dad and you. Making memories with your earthly father as you think about your Heavenly Father. That must be hard, and sad, about your mom...the child. My mom lived with us for a year before she succumbed to the illness...but she was not "the child" that would be hard to see a parent's mind go down like that.
I'm so thankful Mom is with Jesus!

MDW, you shared, "So our help comes from Him, So we can do more to serve Him?"

Since our help comes from Him...we can do all that He has planned for us to do in serving Him. Not any more than that...and not some other plan that is mine. Hah!

Everyone have a great day presenting our bodies, our lives to our Lord for His service. Oh, yeah, remember that acronym JOY?

Jesus
Others
Self

Yes, Jesus help me to keep my/those priorities JOY in order.

Just prayed for each of you...my prayer is for you to experience His true JOY today and, of course, His healing touch in body, soul, mind, and spirit.

[group hug]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

I did want to let everyone know I do appreciate your prayers. I am doing well and know it's your prayers that are making the difference! THANK YOU!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my goodness!! Be sure to watch this clip!!! You will be SO blessed by it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sewa1KkKOfc

More:

http://www.rhemamarvanne.com/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew, lots to read, watch and listen to!!

You are all a blessing!!

We sometimes get pamphlets in our church bulletin called Christopher News Notes and this prayer is from one titled "A Heart Full of Hope".

"God, as I move through the moments of this day,
facing life's inevitable difficulties and sorrows,
keep me focused on Your great love for me.
In Your love, God, may I find strength and hope,
and may I reveal that hope to all around me."

I thought that was beautiful. I pray that for all of us.

Our grandsons had their first day of school today.

We went to school this morning and took the yearly first-day-of-school photos.

Deven called me after school so they could tell me about it.

I said "hello" and he said "AWESOME!!!!!"
Kaden is more subdued...he said it was "good" and he had fun.

They make my heart smile.

Good eve, friends!!

[group hug]

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey folks, [group hug]
the flow of the LORD - is blessing many,
my son, daughters, grand children..their friends -
sharing your heartfelt thoughts beyond these post.
lymtoo... I think I should move too TEXAS,
MDW.. Georgia ?
Daisy ..OK..
Dkat.. NEPA ? D48 x u2..
God, is everywhere, every breath..
I'll stay in Michigan for now.(:
Many praying for those in need..
God must be happy with the internet...
at first I thought this can't be working,
years since it has spread the word of God 100 fold
Thank You Father for this connection..
WWWGODSpeed (:
have a Quiet night resting in the Spirit.
wayne, [Smile]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Little Rhema Marvanne is so incredibly talented!

What a blessing she is and will be to so many hearts and lives that she will touch.

It's so sad that she lost her Mom at such a young age.

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

paraphrases:

John 16:33: Psalm 112:4,7

Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life.
Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties.

This is a false hope!

As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble. Link your hope not to problem solving in this life
but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven.
Instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world, pour your energy into seeking Me;
the Perfect One.

It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Me in the midst of adverse circumstance.
In fact, My Light shines most brightly through believers who trust Me in the dark...
That kind of trust is supernatural: a production of My indwelling Spirit.
When things seem all wrong,
trust Me anyway.
I am much less interested in right circumstances....
more in right responses to whatever comes your way
God Bless you in this day and in the work of your hearts and hands. [group hug] wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends,

Psalm 62:8(NIV)

8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

Everyone have a wonderful day trusting in our Lord to provide our hope and strength.

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning everyone [Smile]

I thought I'd share a song that goes along with all our scripture and prayers this week. It's called "You are my Hope" by Skillet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNbBFQQsro8

Hugs to all my friends, have a wonderful day!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Reading your posts has blessed me and filled my heart with joy. God bless you each one!

Nehemiah 8:10c, ..."for the joy of the LORD is your strength.''

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you were blessed by that precious little one, Dekrator!! I think I'll watch that any time I'm down and blue!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

``Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.''
Mary Anne Radmacher quotes

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to say hi..

With love brothers and sisters in Christ
Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends,

Great song, sammy! Thanks for sharing! How are you doing?

Hi daisy, Lymetoo, payne and Fuel!! Glad you were here and shared!!

Hello to MDW, DKat, momindeep and all other God-loving friends!!!

Today I am having my older friend Irene over for lunch. Going to make crabcakes for her.

She also likes to look at photos I've taken which are mostly on my computer.

Then, we'll do whatever else she wants to do. She does not like to go out much so maybe a drive or to a farmer's market or something.

Praying you all have a blessed, peaceful and hopeful day!

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Good Morning Folks,
I feel my self drawning away from lyme at ever a slow rate, healing is happing...
So many prayers have been sent for my recovery and joy.. so, much to be thank full for..
The mist this morn'nwas like a blanket of air that coated the farm like smoke.
The peartree was dropping some of the nicest pears ever.. the grapes dropping moisture in purple and greens..
The last of the Hummingbirds came by to say
How Do You Do".. the rays of sun like a knife found its way to the shadows from night.
Oh, Awaken to another day, Thank you Lord for this day.
And one really big hugging Thank you to you all
for being here and praising God, The Holy Ghost and Jesus Christ...
May Blessing be shared by the wagon Loads like the hay from the fields and let the Lord Brighten your home for your family to see and cheerish what we have...
Giving Thanks, I think I will spend the entire day giving thanks...
special prayers for TEXANS, the draught, and lymetoo for the hours spent caring..
may you recieve.
My right arm has been giving most of my life, its time for many of us to RECIEVE...
put, your hopes,wishes,needs,out in front of you all today make them big things, it seems a little selfish to claim your rewards...
I say JUST DO IT, you deserve them..
God wants you to have them too..
Make the Lord happy, with the things He promised
by taking them and putting them towards HIS WILL.
wayne.. [group hug] [spinning smile]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

TGIF, Thank God It's Forever!

Fuel, It is so good to have you stop in God Thought. God Bless you!

Dekrator, Irene is blessed to have a friend like you. Crabcakes sounds so good. It's been a loooong time. Oklahoma doesn't have good seafood.

Payne, Thanks for the faith building write...oh yeah, "hopes,wishes,needs,out in front of you all today make them big things"..Yes, becaue with God nothing is impossible. FYI, glad you are feeling God's healing touch. Amen!

Psalm 77:14,

"You are the God of great wonders!
You demonstrate your awesome power among the nations."

Our God demonstrates His awesome power in our lives too!

Have a wonderful day and, oh, yeah, Labor Day Weekend too and think happy thoughts.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Ooops, Sammy I meant to say hi to you. Thank you for the song, "You are my hope." And He is! \o/

Wondering how Baby Tyler is...did our miracle baby go home yet? Any update? Thanks!

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for asking about baby Tyler [Smile]

I spoke with his mom earlier today and she said he's doing really well! He's graduated from the NICU and is in the step down nursery. He loves to eat now that he's figured out the bottle and now weighs 4lbs 10oz.

They are planning to take him home next week. I'm so excited and happy for them. I can't wait to get to see him again. He is truly a miracle!

It warms my heart to think about Tyler, about the work that God has done in him and how He's shone through this situation. Our God is very real, very alive, very active.

Thank you all for continuing to pray for baby Tyler and his family [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Thank you also for continuing to pray for me. I had my 3rd IVIG treatment yesterday. After the infusions I feel more fluey with headaches, body aches, fever... symptoms that last for a few days.

I take this as a good sign, that my body has more fighters to help get rid of Lyme and Co. My doctor said that once we get the infection load down i shouldn't have such a strong reaction. Then the IVIG will just help to keep me healthy.

The diagnosis of CVID is something that's given me hope and some disappointment. Hope in that I have an answer as to why I haven't been able to get well despite my best efforts. Hope because the the IVIG treatments can help.

Disappointment in knowing that my immune system will never be "normal", that I'll always be at greater risk of infection, and might always struggle to some degree with Lyme and Co.

I'm trying to learn what I can, to do my best, to trust in God, and looking forward to the future.

Friends, I hope that you are all doing well and that you have a great Labor day weekend [Smile]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning Family,

So much going on in my life right now, and it never seems to stop....thats life. I believe I could write a short book of events and emotions that have pounded me in the last couple months.

This first thought, then I will focus on the what I think this weeks lessons/writes are telling me.

What makes us "lose" it? What ignites the flame of anger? there are times when I have actually felt and just knew I was going to snap on someone. Sometimes my anger is over circumstances. However, many times it is not "what" made me mad but "who" got my blood boiling.

James 1:19-20 My dear brithers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Your anger can never make things right in God's sight.

Can I tell you something I have recently learned?
It's a secret. Not sure if many have learned this truth. Ok, here it is; I can't please people. There I said it. I know you are shocked and dismayed, but I feel better now that the word is out.

The truth is I'm realizing that many times my frustrations and anger have come from individuals who are un-pleasable. I'm talking about doing all you can do and yet still not meeting the mark of expectation a certain person has set for you. As long as I continue to try to reach their mark, they control me. I make decisions based on how they will respond. I begin to act the way I think they want me to act.

When we do this we are allowing the people in our lives to become big and God becomes small. The freedom will occure when we realize we can never truly please people, we can only love them. My desire and mission is to strive to love and please God. Let the One who created you, control you.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

A short bit back, I took my two grandsons to purchase fish for our family tank. Of course we cannot just go to the pet shop without checking out all the tanks with reptiles, amphibians, and four legged critters.

On this particular day we were amused standing before the hamster tank watching the little fellas in their comfy, but yet small environment.
Some were eating munchy morsals and some were sleeping. A young hamster caught my attention as it was spinning in the exercise wheel. Yes, immediatly I got a visual....my life.

I'm sure that many of you understand, there are some days we are spinning around in what feels like a hamster wheel.

The world is moving at a speed that will daze and confuse many as the events move faster in our life. Our feet get ahead of us, and then we tumble and fall from the fatigue of our daily tasks. It's time to slow down, clear our minds.

I do believe life will run smoother if we start our day with prayer and Bible reading. In return this will stabilize the rest of our day.

It's important to keep strong by reading the Bible and praying daily, physically strong with regular exercise and a healthy diet, emotionally strong by balancing work and family, intellectually challenged by continual learning and developing gifts and talents, and finally allowing time for fun and recreation. Problems result when one of these areas is neglected.

Everyone have a super fun time this weekend and no "crash" and "burn!" [Smile]

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

-
May The Lord surround you with Love.
put your feet up wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning on this beautiful Saturday (it may get into triple digits here in Oklahoma today, and it will) but right now it is very comfy outside.

Sammy, Thanks for sharing the update about Baby Tyler. Oh, WOW, our God is so good. Miracles do happen still today! Thanks for the update about you, too. You sound quite hopeful...and rightfully so! Just said a prayer for your continued healing and strength. Yes, praying for your miracle!

Payne, I like the picture. That's what it will look like at our place Monday. Looking forward to family coming over for food, fun, food, fellowship, and food. Did I say, "food"? Yeah, food. [Big Grin] So excited to see my grandchildren especially.

MDW, Great "Bible study" you shared in your two posts. So true. I know what you mean. Oh, WOW, "Let the one who created you, control you." What a novel idea! [Wink] But, seriously, that IS powerful.

Oh, Jesus control me. May I honor You in everything I say and do. Help me not to just be like a hamster on a wheel going round and round but getting no where. Lead me to You, Jesus, and to others!

Have a great Labor Day weekend. See you around (no pun intended "around", get it? [lol] ) God Thought! Not sure why I feel silly, but I'm glad I do!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] and prayers for all!

sjo
Member # 28057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread blesses me everytime I read it. Thank you everyone.
Posts: 38 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Dear friends,

Thank you for all that you shared!

Yay, baby Tyler is doing well and going home soon!! God is sooooooo good!!

So happy to hear that you are hopeful about your IVIG treatments, sammy! May God bless you with ever-improving health.

daisy,

I'm also having some family here on Labor Day, as many people will. I'm also looking forward to food, fun, fellowship, food, food, and more food. [Big Grin]

daisy, You ARE silly sometimes and I love it!

payne,

I love that Labor Day picnic picture!! Thanks for sharing it.

MDW,

I understand what you mean about the hamster wheel, and about trying to please others all the time.

Maybe 6 months or so ago, I finally "got it"...I decided that I would try to make all my decisions based on what God thinks is right, not what someone else wants me to do.

It works so much better!

The other person might not always like it, but I stay happy because I know I did what pleases God.

Then, if they want to question me, I tell them I did what I think God would think is the right thing to do.

Sometimes the other person (or people) even start acting better too, because how can you argue with God?

I'm not sure why I never really thought about it like that before.

sjo, So nice to see you here! Come back and share anytime.

Well, friends, I had a blessed day with Irene on Thursday. She and I don't have alot in common, except loving God.

We sure do find lots to talk about though. [dizzy] [Big Grin]

Today, Judy and I went to some yard sales. I found a nice real wood dresser with mirror for my son.

Usually they are fiber board and cheap, but I was lucky to find this today. We loaded it up and delivered it to his house.

He'll see it when he gets off work.

It's been cooler and rainy in PA lately, but today it is hot and humid, so I think I may get in the pool.

I sure hope everyone can enjoy the weekend as much as possible.

Praying for everyone!!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good "Sonday" morning dear friends!

Thought I'd share a scripture before heading out to pick up our grandsons for church and breakfast.

Isaiah 26:4(NIV)

4 Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

Have a fantastic day trusting and loving our Lord everyone!!

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

good Sunday..
trusting and Loving the Lord...
thank you Lord for Dekrator48,sjo,daisy,sammy,MDW,lymetoo,fuel,
and all that bring the letter of love to meaning and brighten our paths with their labor from your word..

Psalm 116:1-2 NIV

I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live...

look for happiness in every step you take..
guide your steps towards God's Will and you
shall find A ROCK to stand on during storms and during brighter times to Praise The Lord and
cheerish Jesus for His Blood, May The Holy Spirit keep you from distractions and give Light to the Path our feet follow...
[group hug] wayne, Happiness is out there waiting for you to claim in all things.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

It's a great Sunday, great Sonday. [Smile] Church was wonderful...as usual! The worship. Also pastor preached from Genesis 2 and 3...on Marriage. WOW!

sjo, So good to see you on God Thought and thankful that you are blessed by what you read. I am so blessed, too, as I read what others share. It always seems to be just what I need. Yeah, God knows what we need and He uses you all!

Dekrator, Always good to read your newsy posts. All the friends you have, all that you do together with them, plus all the fun you have with your family--especially your grandsons--always puts a smile on my face. You live life in spite of Lyme. FYI, we can be silly together.

Our grandson is staying the night, then his dad (our son), his wife, and baby sister will be over tomorrow on Labor Day. Soooo excited. It's been a while since we've just hung out all day like that.

MDW, I was reading again what you shared in the "Bible Study". So true what you said about making "all my decisions based on what God thinks is right, not what someone else wants me to do. It works so much better!"

Yeah, isn't that the truth. Thanks for the reminder. [Smile]

Payne, I thank the Lord for you too. Appreciate your words of encouragement and the pictures and the verses...Yeah, our Lord does hear our cries. We are blessed to serve a kind and loving God.

We love Him because He loved us first.
We trust Him because He shows Himself worthy to be trusted.

Oh, how I want to be more like Him!

Friends, have a peaceful, restful, wonderful evening tonight, a good night's rest, and a day of leisure on Labor Day. Hah, "Labor Day"...is that an oxymoron?

[group hug]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Thank you Daisy, Dekrator and Payne for the kind words of a joy filled weekend for all of us. daisy I look forward to a leisure Labor Day...lol. I needed a good chuckle. Payne I really like the Psalm you posted. Like Daisy say, it is a blessing and someone here in the family has something to share that I really need to hear.

So I command the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun. Ecclesiates 8:15

Don't you love being around peole who love life? I do. they walk with a bounce, speak with enthusiasm, and smile alot. Such people can scarcely contain their enthusiasm in whatever they do. they embrace both the joys and the challenges of life. They understand that it's not really about them anyway.

One of the most noticible attributes of these life-loving people is how sincerely they enjoy other people. they know how to listen, but they also speak boldly. They love relationships. They love their friends. Others seem inproved just being around them.

Whats there secret? While many elements play a role, three stand out: optimism, balance, and perspective. These people show optimism in how they think of themseleves and especially how they see others. They find the best in both. They show balance by loving what they do, but also by not being obsessed with it. And they have the right perspective. They enjoy life to the fullest, but they have humility that comes from understanding that it is all a gift. They focus on others, not on themseleves.
Unknown

Lord, this life You've given me, You gave me to enjoy. With all it's trials, (and there are a bunch Lord) You want joy to accompany me. Lord, please renew my enjoyment. Thank you, for this life, for despite all it's stuggles, my life is still a tremendous blessing.

Thank you for being my life-loving God Thought Family. It's awesome to be obsessed with God [Smile]

oh, what the hay..... Lord, remind us to laugh at the things our children say or do, or just the idea of a duck-billed plataypus. Show us the humor where we don't see. Show us your mirth and let us join in it.

Good night.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning dear friends,

Praying for all your needs and healing.

Have a great Labor Day!

Thank you, Lord, for being our Father, Savior and Healer.

Thank you, Lord, for our many blessings.

Thank you, Lord, for your love, forgiveness, hope, and offer of eternal life.

God Bless us all and

God Bless the USA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning on this Labor Day.

Great read MDW. That makes for a attitude adjustment. Yeah, love life! Laugh! Enjoy this day that God has made. Enjoy God. Enjoy people. Smile!

Dekrator, We do have so much to be thankful for! Thank You Lord Jesus! Inspiring song, "God Bless the USA". Great video. I love this land. God, please, bless the USA.

This verse comes to my mind today on Labor Day, "Whatever you do, work at it wholeheartedly as though you were doing it for the Lord and not merely for people" (Colossians 3:23).

That's really an awesome thought..."for the Lord".

Have a great day, fun, enjoy!

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning God-friends,

I'm so thankful for all the reads...especially like MDW's reminder to enjoy the life God's given me and that He is with me even through the trials. PTL!

This is a great Country to live in. It's so easy for me to look at my troubles and think they're huge mountains. Then I see the real troubles in other countries and feel ashamed.

I may hurt but I do have a nice bed to lie on and food to eat and people who care and hope because God will never leave me nor forsake me. He is my strength and song.

These 'troubles' won't last forever. With God, nothing is impossible and because of Jesus the truth of healing will be made real.

Praying we feel God's strength as we walk toward that healing and that we have abundant joy in the journey. Have a wonderful Labor Day!

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

dekat, I have a few thoughts on your thoughts I might en share with you?

Shame you say...hmmm, Why is shame a little whip we seem to carry with us? The little whip stings! Perhaps somewhere we acquired the notion that it's wrong to be human. We all have our different types of "mountains" to climb. Sometimes, I think even though we might have more of someting than others do...we still share and understand the same kinds of feelings of what pain and hurdles are in our life.

We can't control our circumstances in order to assure happiness. Bad things happen, and through those times God wants to develope yours/my character... which has an eternal value beyond compare. God has promised unspeakable joy.

I know this lyme disease really try's hard to steal the happiness/joy from our lives, but Jesus never intends to give us too much. I know it seems like we are always waiting and asking, "when will this end Lord?" Then I turn my thoughts around, "Will you help me carry this heavy burden, Lord Jesus?" He smiles. Yes, He will.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

My dear God Thought family,

Wow, I am a bit stumped for words at this moment.
Ok, let me see what I can say with Fathers help....
Without going into detail, some of you know I have been having health issues, been sick for a short bit. I do not know how to rest, but God has been telling me for awhile now... So I need to listen to Him. He has so much for me still to do, but I need to take care of meyself before I can help more people in my life. This tears my eyes to say.... I will be away for a short bit.

Even though I am away, I will try and pop in, to see a smile or two.
I love my family here and you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
[group hug]

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

MDW - you're right on target again. It is such a relief to know Lord Jesus is helping me and does not condemn me.

Romans 5:2-4 And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Just noticed this begins with hope (in God) and ends with suffering bringing hope....

You will be sorely missed here. The Lord bless you to receive His perfect healing. Come back as soon as you can. [group hug]

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW, Sorry you're not feeling well. May God's healing touch be upon you. May you sense His presence and experience His peace. We will all miss you and your thought provoking posts. I am always blessed by what you share. And once again this time am blessed too. And makes me think...

Life may not always be what we expected, but our God is the God who is never caught off guard, He is with us through the unexpected experiences of life. And He loves us so much that one day we will be with Him forever and the only unexpected things that will be in our eternal life are all good! WOW! Thank You Jesus for Your amazing love.

DKat, I like what you share, "Just noticed this begins with hope (in God) and ends with suffering bringing hope...." and I can't help but think of The Blessed Hope!

The Blessed Hope...Jesus is coming back again to take us home to be with Him forever! IT'S REAL!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

May God's grace be sufficient dear friends...no matter what you face today you do not face it alone.

I hope to start new thread soon.

Blessings all!
[group hug]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement