LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 9/5 - 9/11/11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 9/5 - 9/11/11
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Friends,

Typing the new God Thought thread date "9/11" brought back so many memories. Hard to believe it has been ten years since 9/11. It was a horrifically tragic day forever sketched in our minds and hearts.

We live in such a broken world that has much suffering and pain. Yet the world also has much pleasure and joy.

I questioned myself, "What in the world scripture could I possibly start our new week's thread with? Then I thought of it!

Psalm 91:1, "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

Lord God, You are our eternal shelter! We find out rest, and everything else, in You. Thank You, Lover of our Soul.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every day do your best.
God will do the rest....
every night rest
God does not,
awake with Him
He has already risen.
[group hug] wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will miss you soooo much, MDW!

Come back and share as soon as you can please!

Praying for you and you can't stop me! ; )

Big, big hugs!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great psalm, daisy and so fitting for 9/11.

Sure doesn't seem like it's been 10 years since that awful day.

On 9/11 I was working at a hospital and here in PA we were not sure if we might get casualities from the plane that crashed in PA.....but sadly that was not a possibility since everyone died.

I have visited the World Trade Center site many times. Recently went through the visitors center with many displays from 9/11, photos of all the victims.....so overwhelming and sad to see.

I was upset to hear that no clergy would be included in the 9/11 Memorial Service in NYC this year! Seems so sad and outrageous to me.

If only everyone in the world would continue that spirit of unity, love, brotherhood and cooperation that we all experienced on 9/11 and the days afterward.....everyone wanted to help each other....there was so much empathy.

Praying for all of us!!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

James 1:12(NIV)

12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning,

Dekrator, My husband and I visited the World Trade Tower when we went to NYC for our 25th wedding anniversary. It was amazing standing on the observatory deck with birds flying BELOW us. The view was breathtaking look out over NYC. We would never have guessed what would happen in the future...9/11 We do have pictures.

Visiting places where a tragedy has happened...you can "feel" it...great sorrow, somber. Here in OKC at the Bombing Memorial there is that "feeling".

Anyway, I can't believe clergy will not be there at Ground Zero on Sunday. Oh, America...it's past time to Bless God! God help us all!

Good to remember God's promises. Thanks for sharing James 1:12...WOW "crown of life for those who love Him."

Oh, Lord, I want to love you more!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Let us strive to die to self
and
live a life of love.

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great verses posted!! I'm going to borrow them!!

Please pray for everyone in Texas who has lost a loved one and for those who have lost property.

We have ancestral land not far from the current fires. Praying our land escapes. Looks like nothing is stopping the fires right now. Can you imagine losing your entire town? . and the next town, and the next town??

I can't imagine our land totally burned out. We have two cabins there (one is not in use) but my brother said there is no insurance because we were dropped and no one would take it. (mainly because no one lives there)

My nephew takes his family there a few times a month. They hunt or go 4-wheeling. This place helped mold our family when I was a kid.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

It is sad Lymetoo. No, I can't imagine...town after town being destroyed.

Will pray and will also pray for the property that holds so many memories and fun times yet to be for your family.

Oh, Lord, have mercy...send rain. In Jesus Name.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Many years ago, my husband and I attended a church service where a pastor and his wife from Uganda were guest speakers. They shared of the Christian persecution taking place in their country. It was unspeakable the horrific things that they shared. Even his wife had been brutally whipped and had scars all over her body. Some family members had been martyred.

They shared of the strength and comfort of the Lord even during such times and his wife sang a hymn...with such passion and love for her Jesus.

Following are the words I remember,

"Some thro' the waters, some thro' the flood,
Some thro' the fire, but all thro' the blood.
Some thro' great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long."

I will never forget. A song in the night season is a miracle.

May God give each one a song in our night season and all the day long.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril or sword? Nay, Paul wrote in Romans 8,

"in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Jesus says we are to become like children, so this is my song today,

"Jesus loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak but He is strong

Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
For the Bible tells me so."

That is the most profound message ever!

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, Did the fire spare your families land? It's amazing the things happening at this time. Texas is burning up and the NE is having record breaking flooding.

We're near the flooding part but thankfully far enough away from the Susquehanna River not to be in danger.

Just watched a house going down the river and hitting a bridge before disintigrating...devastating!

daisy, Great verse and song...I used to sing that to my son, brings back good memories. Now he's too big to hold & sing to. [Smile]

This song and more of Romans 8 have been on my heart today. 8:31-34 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
Kari Jobe sings this song and I have to sing it sometimes to remind myself Jesus does love me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ffdbo9Hypo

Praying for us to know the love of Christ...even through the storm. [group hug]

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you God,
for giving us another day, another chance to become better individuals, another chance to give and experience love.
Thank you God, for the food you provide, for the awareness you have awaken in us...
Thank you for the energy that feeds our souls, the sun that warms our bodies and the air that fills our lungs...
Because of you we believe in the good without the bad and the ugly,
because of you we are learning to love and accept ourselves,
because of you we believe in believing. our source, stay connected to us today and always, for we need you in order to fullfil our spiritual tasks...
God,
show us how to love ourselves, to be able to love others.
Help us become the type of people that we would like to befriend,
help us forgive ourselves and forgive others...
God,
make us a channel of your energy and help us understand.
we thank you God for giving us another day, another unused opportunity to do it right.
Keep us all close to you and listen to our prayers.
Amen. [group hug] wayne
rest in health...

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Praying for all those affected by the fires and flooding.

DKat...It brings back soooo many memories of my Aunt(the one who recently died in the car accident)and Uncle and cousin's house floating away during the great flood of 1972 (Hurricane Agnes)...and my grandparents "Old Country Store" that had just been finished..furnished with all antiques...was also flooded with at least 8 feet of raging water and most of the antique furnishings floated away.

The flooding caused a horrible loss for so many people, but none of my family was hurt.

I remember helping, as a kid, to clean up all the mud, debris, etc....it was overwhelming.

I really feel for all those experiencing a similar situation now.

Lymetoo, I am also wondering how your land and cabins have fared?

Thanking God that we can depend on Him to get us through whatever trials we are facing!!!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning Everyone!

T hank
G od
I t's
F orever!

DKat, Thanks for sharing that song! I have only heard it a couple of times and didn't know the title. I'm definitely saving that one. Yes, our God is so very faithful...even and especially in and through the storm!

Payne, I say with you, "Thank You for another day...to give and experience love." AMEN!

Dekrator, My thoughts exactly as you share, "Thanking God that we can depend on Him to get us through whatever trials we are facing!!!"

Lord Jesus, as we go about this day that You have made, may we keep the important things...The Important Things.

May we love You with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. And may we love others as we love ourselves. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

[kiss] [group hug] [hi]

payne
Member # 26248

Good Morning folks,
Dkat, TGIF... Thank God It's F O R E V E R..
D48, Trusting in the Lord, and giving thanks before we see the end of the storms or rejoicing to the Heavens in the mist of destruction..
We American's always rebuild where all was lost, and we will do it again and again..
Lymeetoo, whatever the loss, we raise it to the Lord Now that all will return to glory and faith shall come true..
daisy, Blessing to your family as the good deeds through your love have spread to those everywhere...
MDW, you are the missing lug nut here hope our wheels don't fall off until you return.
Find the flowers and smell them as you all go on towards seeking The Lords Will.
Have a Blessed weekend, Trust in the Lord.
Trust in yourselves to walk towards the Lord,
Bring others to Him and share who you all are..
Human beings against all odds, sharing our Lords creations and love...
Let The Sun Shine pull back the shades and face our world as the generations of faith goers have before us, carrying on the CROSS..
oh, when the saints go marching on..
May The Lord Be Happy in your walk beside Him.
In all things there is good, 9/11 is in my tears.. they died giving..and giving and giving their lives. [group hug] wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DKat:
Lymetoo, Did the fire spare your families land? It's amazing the things happening at this time. Texas is burning up and the NE is having record breaking flooding.

-
YES.. so far, so good!! The fire came within 1/2 mile of my SIL's family land. Hers has also been in the family since the 1800's. Came SO close!

Thank you, Lord Jesus!! [Smile]

Glad you are safe, Dek.. I was worried.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

http://ticc.tamu.edu/Response/FireActivity/

Our family's land is south of "Bryan" (College Station area)....

it's in the east central area .. NW of Houston

----------

1,400 homes have been lost

[ 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, That is a miracle that your land isn't burning...the fire looks to be all around it!

God bless and protect you and all you have & love.

Dekrator~I have memories of the Agnes flood, too. Although not as personal as yours. This flood is said to be worse in this area. Are you or your family effected?

Darlene Zschech has a new album out...here's a couple very pretty worship songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCuA6jxJDEA&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8nknuglH1g&feature=related

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good evening friends,

So happy to hear that your family's land is safe so far, Lymetoo.

Beautiful songs you posted, DKat.

I burned my second christian CD today...that's all I listen to when I'm driving. It's great being able to buy only the songs I want on itunes and then putting them on a CD...I know I'm a little behind the times on this.

I saw footage of Eastern PA's flooding....really bad. Here we are not flooded except for small streams and water that cannot run off of the roadways fast enough, and water laying in low lying areas.

My Mom and Dad, who live 1.5 hrs northeast of me, say there have been many helicopter and boat rescues in the last few days in their area.

They live on a hill, so they are ok, but they keep losing phone service and they live in a rural area where they have difficulty getting cell service.

We had more heavy rain this eve...hope it all ends soon and wish we could send some rain to TX.

Loved your prayer, daisy!!

payne, I always enjoy reading your thoughts.

...and now I am really missing MDW... [Frown]

Have a great evening dear friends in Christ.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by DKat:
Lymetoo, That is a miracle that your land isn't burning...the fire looks to be all around it!

God bless and protect you and all you have & love.

-
Exactly! and thank you!!

Dekrator.. so glad you and your parents are OK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

One Nation Under GOD...
 -
for all.
Many many Americans stand proud -
We may do mistakes,
but, we would have done a much larger one,
to ignore the world's crying out for freedom.
Let the families have this day to Pray and speak outloudly of our Courage. GOD BLESS [group hug] wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Afternoon God Bless You

and

God Bless America.

Lymetoo, Thankful with you that your family's property is ok. 1,400 homes lost...that is a heartbreaking statistic.

Payne, I say AMEN (once again) to your writes. Our God is so good. God is so good. god is so good. He's so good to us!

Dekartor, I guess with all the 9/11 coverage, the other "stuff" going on around the nation is not being broadcast. I had no idea about what's going on in PA. It must be really scary for the people as they wait to be rescued.

DKat, I really like to listen to Hillsong...espceially Darlene Z. Amazing worship. Thanks for sharing the songs. They were new to me.

Lots going on in our lives,

our families

our neighborhoods,

our States,

our America,

and our world.

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1).

Lord God we need You. We dwell in You. Find shelter in You. Rest in You. You are our all in all.
[bow]

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

One Nation Under God .... payne, I like that!

This is an older song that's been playing in my heart today...thought I'd share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mmOcpJE9HU&feature=related

God instructed Moses to make the Ark of the Covenant of pure gold with winged golden angels (cherubim)on top. His presence would between these angels on the Mercy Seat.

To keep everyone out, a thick veil (curtain) was placed at the entrance to the Holy of Holies. (Exodus 25 tells of this)

Once a year a priest could enter and offer prayers for the peoples sins. This was an extremely holy experience.

When Jesus gave His life on the cross for our sins, the temple curtain was torn in two...top to bottom. (Mark 15:38)

Because of Jesus, we can go to the Mercy Seat of God. So simple, yet sometimes so hard.

2 Chronicles 7:14(GNT)
if they (my people) pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.

Lord God forgive us and as daisy says Lord God we need You. We dwell in You. Find shelter in You. Rest in You. You are our all in all.

--------------------

sjo
Member # 28057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I read these messages my heart is soothed and I feel God's peace.

I am holding on to God's great love, and "sheltering" in His arms.

Thank you DKat, Daisyrlb, Lymetoo and Payne! Your words touch my heart.

Posts: 38 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Good Morning Folks, follow the Lord, He leaves a big path to follow... Just Step back and look beyond your troubles ... See the Light.. now one step over the cracks onto the bridge over trouble waters.. have a safe day, wayne [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Blessings All on the beginning of another new week. TGIM!

DKat, Thanks for 2 Chronicles 7:14! It is always good to remember that we, as Believers, have the responsibility to pray, repent, seek His face on behalf of our nation...He is not asking the heathens to do that.

Thankfully, our God DOES hear our prayers.

sjo, Oh, yes, in His loving "shelter" is a great place to be...a great place to live.

Payne, Good to have your "top of the morning" encouraging word.

Yesterday evening I finally watched some of the 9/11 services. It was very touching. Ten years go by so fast.

Encouraging verses from Thessalonians, NLT,

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.

Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.

So encourage each other with these words."
(1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).
[group hug]

After while I will start the new God Thought thread for this week.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement