LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Re: Janet Thomas R.I.P. friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Re: Janet Thomas R.I.P. friend
Pocono Lyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5939

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't post very often as usually my brain is not functioning well enough but I felt I needed to do this.

I lost touch with this member last November after talking nearly daily on the phone. Apparently a couple of months later, she died.

I decided to do a search hoping to find some good news but instead found a letter of testament.

I could find no obituary but I'm sure she made no arrangement for that. I know she did make end of life arrangements.

Janet Thomas was not her real name. Her real name was Pat. She was a good person who tried to help many. She was a very generous, kind and caring person but unfortunately suffered greatly directly and indirectly from lyme and coinfections.

I don't want Pat's life to go unnoticed so my dear friend, I hope and Pray you are in a happy place and in peace.
Love and hugs from your Pocono friend.
You're still my Angel.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. I join you in prayer and also ask for God to comfort your heart.

Thank you for letting us know.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NO!!!! [shake] I knew her and have spoken to her as well. What a kind soul. She will be missed by the Lyme community, that is for sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is in my prayers

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh [group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! I tried to find her several months ago! WE used to talk on lymenet about this horrible babesia or whatever it is that she and I both have. I know she was doing primaquine/chloroquine long term and I wondered how she faired with it.

This is terribly sad. God bless her. I pray she is home with God and no longer suffering.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember her also.

A search for her name in the archives showed that she had not posted since October of last year. And the posts I looked at were her offering help to others. If she needed help for herself, I wish she would have posted. NJ is pretty active in support groups, I think. Hopefully people there knew her.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad.

Very sorry, Pocono Lyme. Lyme is so unfair.

[group hug]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for your loss and also for the lyme community. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also remember Janet and her posts on babesia.

I am not going to share this news with hubby as it just seems like babesia is claiming way too many lives lately and he is getting discouraged with his slow progress.

Pocono Lyme could you send me your email address -- the last message I got from you awhile ago had an invalid return email address.

Bea Seibert

Please reply to me at Seibertneurolyme (at) yahoo.com

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am grateful to remember Janet Thomas. She was a help and encouragement to me too.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish there was an obit for her.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear another one is lost to this MONSTER..

OK so not my post ,but this just scarred me big time...last week docs said to work on babesia. Can any one pm me with helpful info...?

Lost my brother a couple of months ago...and he had so many of these symptoms, but couldn't get medical help......No obit or anything he was in another state and I can't travel..

I hope Pat is with the Lord.. That's the only relief I get from losing my brother. (52)

Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any one know a few things about her that they care to share?

Time with it,work or life or family..Just a few things.. I hate the idea of a special life being forgotten..Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

She used to help people with Rife machines. Her significant-other built them and they would send people the instructions if they were interested in building them for themselves.

--or they would build them for them

She also helped here as she was able....with support and info.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for not letting Pat's life go unnoticed.

She really did try to help others. I often told her she was my Angel as she helped me through some awful times.

The first time was when I finally figured out how to register on lymenet. Took quite a while. Months.

Our e-mails were at the envelope as opposed to PMs. I was sitting at my computer with tears streaming down my face, scared, no one to talk to, couldn't find anyone locally with Lyme etc..

An e-mail came in and it was Pat asking me if I wanted a Lyme buddy. She left her cell # and told me I could call her if I felt up to it.

I hurriedly, yeah right, more like crawled for the phone. I was so happy to finally have someone to connect with. I cried more but these were more happy tears as opposed to tears of despair.

Not too long after that she came to my house and brought me lunch and a green Lyme bracelet.

We spent much time on the phone trying to figure out what could possibly help us.

I hope I answered all of the PMs.
Bea, I tried to e-mail you. I don't know if you got them or not. Please let me know.
Hugs all.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement