LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » People selling Nature's Sunshine products?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: People selling Nature's Sunshine products?
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello... I went to an iridologist the other day who gave me an insane diagnosis. [loco]

Anyway, she has helped some people my husband knows

so my husband wants to go back.

I had judged her an honest quack who believes her nonsense

because she only charges $15/hr. The supplements

were what cost. She said she doesn't

make any money off of the Nature's Sunshine Products that she sold.

When Googling the prices on online stores I see that they are the same.

That alone tells me that she must be making something...

but now I've come across a link for a "business opportunity."

http://www.theherbsplace.com/Business_Opportunity_sp_62.html

Now I know what's going on...

Does anyone know of people selling Nature's Sunshine products? Everything we bought was about $15-20 a bottle.

EDITED: Okay... after reading it four times I see it's a 40% markup.

How much would these supplements cost her if she's a part of this business opportunity?

I know people won't understand why I'm not kicking and screaming about going back...

I don't quite understand it myself.

I think it's mostly because I'm afraid to go to a LLMD and get on abx AGAIN.

Not because of myself, but for my son's sake.

I had been well for over a year after being on Flagyl.

Now LD has come back full force.

My son on the other hand never really improved.

Every kind of treatment made him worse in the end.

I'm afraid to do any more abx. because it can always be worse.

He could go completely non-verbal. I'll take the daily episodes

of a two year old in a teenager's body over non-verbal any day.

I know herbs aren't harmless either... I suppose they could do this to him, too.

I guess it's just more comfortable because it's not what we've already done to him.

So there's my story and my excuse...

EDITED TO ADD: I am still doing the RIFE machine and taking some other supplements for LD... it's not just her stuff.

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was referrred to someone also, a vitamin store. she tried to sell me over 500 dollars worth of vitamins and wanted my credit card to do it monthly.

i said no way and walked out. i have not heard of her "curing" or even having high success rates.

vitamins adn supplements are good but they won't cure and in some cases do more damage than good.

only a good llmd can help. some have done buhner and cowden.

personally i would not go back.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know anything about that specific company, but just FYI, 40% percent mark up on supplements is normal for most supplement companies. But why would she say she's not making anything on them?
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks randibear... I know... sigh.

jlp38. That's what I want to know. It's not just a 40% mark up.

She is also making from 10-30% commission. My guess is the 27% from what I know of her business.

--------------------

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is an honest profit so demonized these days?? Your grocery store makes profit. If they didn't, you'd have to grow all of your own food.

Don't like oil companies? How would you like sitting in the dark all day/night? Most of our household products are made from petroleum.

But I digress.

and yes, a 40% mark up is average

Our local health food store is a Nature's Sunshine franchise or whatever it's termed as. The naturopath who owns the store has been very helpful and is quite knowledgeable.

No one says I have to buy anything there. I buy some items there and even more online.

If your lyme has come back full force, I would get after it .. and not with natural stuff. Just my opinion and what I would do for myself.

Good luck with your decisions! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

The problem isn't the profit made. It is that she told me she does not

make anything off the supplements and charges only what they cost her.

--------------------

Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes they use different words than "profit"....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jasmin:
The problem isn't the profit made. It is that she told me she does not

make anything off the supplements and charges only what they cost her.

-
Just move on and let her know why.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Why is an honest profit so demonized these days?? Your grocery store makes profit. If they didn't, you'd have to grow all of your own food.

I totally agree! The odd thing here is that either was a miscommunication or the woman out and out lied.

If it were me, I'd call the practitioner and ask for clarification rather than assume she lied. She might have, but it never hurts to double check. I doubt she is making the commission and the mark up, probably one or the other.

Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Thanks guys... her diagnosis is reason enough to run. My husband doesn't want to...

I'm just looking for more reasons to run since the wacky stuff wasn't enough.

And as for the mark up and the commission... the link I shared says that they get both.

She is not charging $40% though... it's less. I am guessing it's a miscommunication

and she really believes what she was telling me.

I was wondering if she had made up all the crazy stuff she diagnosed to make money.

Yes... I know... LLMD. ;0)

--------------------

JAC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend sells supplements from natures sunshine. She is a cnhp. She makes a 40% cut on her products but for me she gives it to me at cost. I have found the products I do get from her to be of good quality.

--------------------
A little lymie...

Posts: 104 | From Greener Pastures in PA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

What did she diagnose you with?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Thanks JAC, I've read a few people who like their supplements.

Lymetoo... stuff that I don't think exists for my son and she used the name of one bug to describe a whole other illness. [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement