LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My lyme disease success story

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My lyme disease success story
DesperationIn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesperationIn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to post my lyme disease success story. When I was incredibly sick a few years ago, I recall how much I sought out these stories and wished there were more of them. Often, it was said on this board that people who get better do not return to post their success stories because they go back to living normal lives. I just wanted to return and post mine here to let you know that I am living a normal life and that there is hope and life after lyme. When I was very sick, I never in a million years believed that I would be here telling a success story of recovery. I wanted to post my story for Thanksgiving because I sure have a lot to be thankful for.

In January 2007, I was a second year law student at a school in Nashville, TN. In January or February I began to feel my health tanking with a combination of strange symptoms. I felt weak, the side of my head and later my body felt like they were in a constant vibration, I began losing a lot of weight (being too thin naturally)- the symptoms were getting progressively worse. I was very tired and had trouble thinking. I felt something very serious was wrong with my health. I had no idea what a tick even was and had no risk factors for lyme. I also suspect I was bitten on the back of my head since symptoms started there, but I did not remember a bite and needless to say nobody saw a suspicious rash.

Then, I went through the typical lyme diagnosis story. I went to over 15 doctors including those in infectious disease, hematology, oncology, and even a psychiatrist. Like many others, I was ridiculed, called a hypochondriac, sent to psychiatrists. One doctor did test me for lyme but an ELISA came back negative- but the fact that he ordered this test got me looking into lyme disease on my own. I scoured the internet for an illness that would fit my strange bouquet of symptoms, considering everything from cancer to exotic parasites.

I spent the summer in Chicago, trying to survive through working at my legal internship. I finished the term of my first internship but had to quit my second summer internship early due to the progressing mysterious illness. By the end of the summer, I was beginning to feel some strange joint pains and everything else was getting worse. At the end of that terrible summer, my now husband proposed to me- I was very fortunate that he stayed with me despite the fact that I was getting sicker and sicker without anyone knowing why.

Eventually, I read about the lyme controversy and testing issues and convinced a doctor to agree to send blood to Igenex for lyme and coinfection testing. When I saw the result, I finally realized I had lyme- not only lyme, but also all the coinfections including both forms of erlichia, babesia, rocky mountain spotted fever, and others I can't now recall (later energetic testing also found bartonella but this was not confirmed by the blood tests). All in all, I went undiagnosed for over six months. I take sole credit for diagnosing myself based on my internet research and the help of folks on this website who shed light on the huge political and medical controversy surrounding this disease.

I was happy we knew what the illness was, but by then my life was literally falling apart. I did not go back to Nashville for the school year and transferred to a law school close to home in Cleveland, OH, hoping to do a semester near my family where I could have some help. However, after going to school for three weeks, I realized I was too sick to continue. I took leave from law school for the year because I could not think or look at a book. I was so sick and tired that it was hard to walk around the block or do the basic tasks of daily life. My whole life, I prided myself on my intellectual ability and academic success and I could not even read anymore. I felt that I lost my entire identity and fell into a deep depression in addition to being just physically ill.

In September, I went to a lyme doctor in PA for treatment and started antibiotics. I got a PICC line and spent over five months getting daily infusions of IV Rocephin. One line got infected and I had to get a second line. To our dismay, the Rocephin did not really make me all that much better- it actually felt like I was getting worse. I continued doing antibiotic regimens, but they also were not doing wonders and I continued to feel very sick. However, I believe the antibiotics did stop lyme's progress and enabled me to very slowly get on my feet and begin exercising that spring.

When I was sick, my family tried everything to get me well. It did not help that I am somewhat of a pessimist and did not handle the challenges presented by lyme very well. During that year, when I had to quit school, I was so sick both physically and emotionally that I contemplated suicide. I felt that I was a burden on my entire family, that I could not recover or work again, and that I really had no future outside of being so sick all the time. Only the encouragement of my family, especially my mom's ``never give up attitude'' and care and kept me going in that very dark time.

We tried everything. In addition to antibiotics, we went exploring all kinds of alternative therapies. I went to an alternative doctor to get IV infusions based on energetic testing. My mom and I learned to muscle test and I took a huge bagful of various supplements each day, which we regulated based on muscle testing. I did all kinds of herbs, acupuncture, homeopathy, and massage for lymph drainage. At various points we purchased and used Dr. K's KMT 1000 machine the Beamray rife machine. We saw numerous alternative practitioners in addition to lyme doctors. Ohio is sadly a black hole for this disease as there are no conventional doctors I knew of then (or now) who recognize and treat this disease. There also are not many alternative practitioners we found in Ohio who have much experience with lyme. I suspect that most people suffering from chronic lyme in my state are misdiagnosed and treated for other diseases.

As summer rolled around, I still felt terrible and was not sure if I could ever return to Nashville to finish law school. However, my family and my fianc�e encouraged me to return to law school in Nashville. But I was still incredibly ill and could not take care of myself. My mother's employer was very generous and allowed her to work from Nashville so that she could stay with me and help me. I returned to Nashville, this time living with my mother, and eventually finished my final year of school.

Nashville, I found, had better resources for lyme treatment. We found an alternative chiropractor who had some experience with lyme, rife thrapy, and who practiced flower essences. We also found a wonderful conventional doctor who was in the process of learning about lyme disease treatment and who was even knowledgeable about the Patricia Kane protocol and to whom we went for IV glutathione infusions. I heard there were other practitioners who did hyperbaric oxygen therapy for lyme there too, but we never tried that. This was much more medical support than we had in Ohio. My ``lyme'' doctor at that time was in Connecticut and we had phone consultations with him. He was a whiz about antibiotics but did not do or know much about any alternative therapies. That year, I continued rigorous antibiotic treatment, trying different combinations. I took numerous antibiotics and meds during this ordeal, including bicillin injections, and the mepron yellow paint which literally broke the bank since I had no prescription coverage.

In May, I graduated law school and got married. A few months later I took the bar exam. Although I could think again enough to finish law school and study for and pass the bar, I still felt very sick. The antibiotics clearly helped but fell far short of any kind of cure. Also, when I tried to take breaks from antibiotics during that second year of treatment, I had to start them again very quickly because I would just slip and get worse. I lost hope that I would ever reach a point where I would go a day feeling energetic and normal and not having to think about this dreaded disease and I never thought I would be able to stop antibiotics for lyme.

After I took the bar, my mother suggested a radical step of going to Germany for treatment with the Bionic 880 photon therapy machine. She had read about the experiences of other lyme sufferers on this forum and on the internet and thought that it could help. In October my mom, dad amd I traveled to Germany to do the Bionic 880 treatment with Dr. W. In Germany, Dr. W's energetic testing showed lyme at the highest point on his testing machine- the needle of the machine seemed to strain the lyme detecting equipment. I treated with the Bionic 880 and did the IV infusions and ozone therapy he had in his office where they take out a good deal of blood, infuse it with the ozone, and then put it back into you. I admit, I was pretty skeptical about the treatment, but I was hopeful that it might help. At my last session with Dr. W in Germany, the lyme showed as non-existent on his testing equipment and he pronounced me lyme free.

But I did not feel so lyme free and when I returned to the states I still felt very sick. After Germany, however, I stopped taking all antibiotics (we stopped taking all medications and supplements a few weeks before going to Germany as Dr. W suggested). However, after returning, I gradually began to feel better and got that ``spark of life'' back that I thought I would never feel again. I felt more and more like my old self. And this time, I did not appear to get worse after stopping the antibiotics, so it seemed like the photon therapy did ``something.'' From that first visit to Germany in the fall of 2009, I stopped and stayed off all antibiotics for lyme.

In January, soon after returning from Germany, I learned that I was pregnant. However, about six weeks later I had a miscarriage. After that, I seemed to slide down in terms of lyme symptoms. I long thought that I would not be able to have a child because of the lyme ordeal. My symptoms then started to return and my family planned another trip to Germany for May. When we returned to Dr. W about half a year later, his energetic testing showed that lyme was active, but still nowhere near the level it was on the first visit, when it seemed to be off the charts on his energetic testing machine. This time, he used the Bionic 880 to treat with coinfection nosodes in order to address the erlichia, babesia, etc. Again, when we left, his energetic testing showed no lyme or coinfections.

This time, however, my family purchased a Bionic 880 machine to use at home if needed. We were fortunate to find one used in the states. When we returned home, I slowly felt my condition improve. When I felt like I was slipping or my symptoms were returning, I repeated the treatment on my Bionic 880 at home, using the lyme nosodes from Germany or those we got here from Deseret Biologicals. We would repeat the photon treatment when muscle testing and my symptoms indicated. First it was once a week, then every two weeks, then rarer and rarer. Since returning from the first visit to Germany in October of 2009 I have not returned to taking any antibiotics. Also, after the first visit to Germany, I started a full time legal job, which I handled just fine. Nine months later, I switched to a more demanding legal job and worked even longer big firm hours, often staying up until midnight to handle legal work. I never thought this would ever be possible given how sick I was previously.

After returning from the second trip to Germany in the spring of 2010, in the summer, I was diagnosed with thyroid disease. I am not sure if this was caused by the photon therapy, lyme, or both, but I felt that perhaps my thyroid issue was partly to blame for my prior miscarriage. I was not upset about the thyroid because it seemed like a cakewalk compared to the lyme, from which I seemed to be recovering. The thyroid issue was controlled with a pill a day and occasional monitoring by an endocrinologist.

In the beginning of this year, I again learned that I was pregnant and a few months ago I had a healthy baby girl. I did not take antibiotics during pregnancy because I was feeling okay and by then I had been off all antibiotics for two years. At birth, I had a cord blood sample sent to Igenex for lyme testing and it came back negative. Although I am very worried and plan to monitor her closely, my daughter seems to be doing fine. I am on maternity leave and look forward to going back to my job. I do not think about lyme every day, just once in awhile to remember what my family and I went through and to be thankful for what I have now. I am not sure if I am cured and I am not sure if I will ever feel just like I did before lyme, but I feel good. My symptoms are gone and I no longer think about lyme and it is no longer a part of my life. Of course, I am worried about lyme coming back, but I plan to use the photon machine if I feel any symptoms returning.

During my journey, I met others who have beaten this disease in different ways and using different therapies and who now lead normal lives. I feel very thankful to have had such great family support during my battle with lyme because they gave me the strength to go on and hoped in my place when I had no hope left inside of me. I know how much of a burden lyme can wreck on your life physically, emotionally, and financially. When I was very sick and not getting better in spite of very rigorous and costly treatment, I felt that I had nothing left to live for. All I have to say is that I learned how little qualification I have to work as a fortune teller because I was wrong in confidently predicting that I would be a casualty of this disease when, today, I sit here sharing my success story.

I wish all of you much health and a happy Thanksgiving holiday.

** edited names of Lyme doctors **

[ 11-23-2011, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 163 | From Cleveland, OH | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting!! Please also post this in "success stories" at the top of general support so people can see it in that thread. Most of these stories get buried after a while.

I'm glad you're feeling better! I also got well on Bionic treatment with Dr. W. I had to continue for months after I got home. I also did tons of detox protocols to reach 100%.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on your success and your baby. Thanks for coming back and sharing.

Your family sounds terrific and very supportive. How thankful you must be.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! What a great story. Enjoy your health and your new baby.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for taking the time to tell your story. It's difficult to have hope when so many treatments have failed.

You are truly blessed to have such a supportive family, and to be able to come through this with their help.

How wonderful it is that you were able to have a baby! Congratulations.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cracker Jack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cracker Jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I needed this story today..

I'm searching the net for more info.

Thank you & Congrats on the little one..

--------------------
Let us not become weary in doing good,for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
--
[hi]

Posts: 247 | From HOME | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad for your success.

I had been very skeptical of the Bionic treatment and your story almost convinces me that that treatment has some merit.

Unfortunately it is not an option for hubby financially plus I am still not convinced it can be effective for babesia or other bloodborne parasites.

Your story is pretty amazing and I am happy for you.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. I just got a PE1 about a week ago. I hope it will help me get into remission.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for sharing your story. It's so nice to hear from someone who has conquered this disease.

Best wishes for a healthy and happy future for your and your family.

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations....On both baby and Lyme'''

What price range is this 880 machine, is it hard to learn???
Thanks, Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for posting your story!

I can't tell you how much this means to me to read of your success. I hope one day too to be able to write a success story for my daughter--

I appreciate that you came back to let us know of your wonderful outcome.

Congratulations on moving on with your life and starting a family--after so much pain and suffering, it is fantastic to hear of the joy that is now in your life--

I wish you much, much happiness and continued good health!

[woohoo]

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting your story and congratulations on yur new baby.

You have been through so very much and give hope to those still taking one step at a time.

Hugs, Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much did your used machine cost ? Where can used maachines be purchased ? How did you locate it ?

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz and Nonna - do a search here for bionic or PE-1. You'll find all kinds of threads regarding the machine she's talking about as well as another similar one.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy to hear of your great improvement.. but so few of us could ever afford the treatment you received. At least I in no way could.

I wouldn't want to use a machine without a trained person working with me..

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healerdealer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healerdealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting your success story.

When oral antibiotics, IV, etc. only got me so far, I discovered alternate and holistic therapies. Thanks to these therapies, I am well.

My son is in remission from Lyme since he finished the Allergie-Immun drops from Germany. (It's been almost two years.)

I just started a blog that tells my story and the healing therapies that have helped me to get my health back.

Healer

http://healerdealerdiary.blogspot.com.

Posts: 163 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
DesperationIn,

I hope you don't mind that I've added some more white space to your post. I've been wanting to read your post for some time now but could not until I broke up the text some more.

So, I also added this to the Success thread where I see you just posted this, too, just after your post over there.

For those with eyes that dart and swirl - or a short attention span - I hope this format helps.

What a wonderful letter to offer us all hope.

=================================================

My Lyme Disease Success Story

posted by DesperationIn

23 November, 2011

I wanted to post my lyme disease success story. When I was incredibly sick a few years ago, I recall how much I sought out these stories and wished there were more of them.

Often, it was said on this board that people who get better do not return to post their success stories because they go back to living normal lives.

I just wanted to return and post mine here to let you know that I am living a normal life and that there is hope and life after lyme. When I was very sick, I never in a million years believed that I would be here telling a success story of recovery.

I wanted to post my story for Thanksgiving because I sure have a lot to be thankful for.

In January 2007, I was a second year law student at a school in Nashville, TN.

In January or February I began to feel my health tanking with a combination of strange symptoms.

I felt weak, the side of my head and later my body felt like they were in a constant vibration, I began losing a lot of weight (being too thin naturally)- the symptoms were getting progressively worse. I was very tired and had trouble thinking.

I felt something very serious was wrong with my health. I had no idea what a tick even was and had no risk factors for lyme. I also suspect I was bitten on the back of my head since symptoms started there, but I did not remember a bite and needless to say nobody saw a suspicious rash.

Then, I went through the typical lyme diagnosis story. I went to over 15 doctors including those in infectious disease, hematology, oncology, and even a psychiatrist. Like many others, I was ridiculed, called a hypochondriac, sent to psychiatrists.

One doctor did test me for lyme but an ELISA came back negative- but the fact that he ordered this test got me looking into lyme disease on my own. I scoured the internet for an illness that would fit my strange bouquet of symptoms, considering everything from cancer to exotic parasites.

I spent the summer in Chicago, trying to survive through working at my legal internship. I finished the term of my first internship but had to quit my second summer internship early due to the progressing mysterious illness.

By the end of the summer, I was beginning to feel some strange joint pains and everything else was getting worse. At the end of that terrible summer, my now husband proposed to me- I was very fortunate that he stayed with me despite the fact that I was getting sicker and sicker without anyone knowing why.

Eventually, I read about the lyme controversy and testing issues and convinced a doctor to agree to send blood to Igenex for lyme and coinfection testing.

When I saw the result, I finally realized I had lyme- not only lyme, but also all the coinfections including both forms of erlichia, babesia, rocky mountain spotted fever, and others I can't now recall (later energetic testing also found bartonella but this was not confirmed by the blood tests).

All in all, I went undiagnosed for over six months. I take sole credit for diagnosing myself based on my internet research and the help of folks on this website who shed light on the huge political and medical controversy surrounding this disease.

I was happy we knew what the illness was, but by then my life was literally falling apart. I did not go back to Nashville for the school year and transferred to a law school close to home in Cleveland, OH, hoping to do a semester near my family where I could have some help.

However, after going to school for three weeks, I realized I was too sick to continue. I took leave from law school for the year because I could not think or look at a book. I was so sick and tired that it was hard to walk around the block or do the basic tasks of daily life.

My whole life, I prided myself on my intellectual ability and academic success and I could not even read anymore. I felt that I lost my entire identity and fell into a deep depression in addition to being just physically ill.

In September, I went to a lyme doctor in PA for treatment and started antibiotics. I got a PICC line and spent over five months getting daily infusions of IV Rocephin. One line got infected and I had to get a second line.

To our dismay, the Rocephin did not really make me all that much better- it actually felt like I was getting worse. I continued doing antibiotic regimens, but they also were not doing wonders and I continued to feel very sick.

However, I believe the antibiotics did stop lyme's progress and enabled me to very slowly get on my feet and begin exercising that spring.

When I was sick, my family tried everything to get me well. It did not help that I am somewhat of a pessimist and did not handle the challenges presented by lyme very well. During that year, when I had to quit school, I was so sick both physically and emotionally that I contemplated suicide.

I felt that I was a burden on my entire family, that I could not recover or work again, and that I really had no future outside of being so sick all the time. Only the encouragement of my family, especially my mom's ``never give up attitude'' and care and kept me going in that very dark time.

We tried everything. In addition to antibiotics, we went exploring all kinds of alternative therapies. I went to an alternative doctor to get IV infusions based on energetic testing.

My mom and I learned to muscle test and I took a huge bagful of various supplements each day, which we regulated based on muscle testing. I did all kinds of herbs, acupuncture, homeopathy, and massage for lymph drainage.

At various points we purchased and used Dr. K's KMT 1000 machine the Beamray rife machine. We saw numerous alternative practitioners in addition to lyme doctors.

Ohio is sadly a black hole for this disease as there are no conventional doctors I knew of then (or now) who recognize and treat this disease. There also are not many alternative practitioners we found in Ohio who have much experience with lyme.

I suspect that most people suffering from chronic lyme in my state are misdiagnosed and treated for other diseases.

As summer rolled around, I still felt terrible and was not sure if I could ever return to Nashville to finish law school. However, my family and my fianc�e encouraged me to return to law school in Nashville.

But I was still incredibly ill and could not take care of myself. My mother's employer was very generous and allowed her to work from Nashville so that she could stay with me and help me. I returned to Nashville, this time living with my mother, and eventually finished my final year of school.

Nashville, I found, had better resources for lyme treatment. We found an alternative chiropractor who had some experience with lyme, rife thrapy, and who practiced flower essences.

We also found a wonderful conventional doctor who was in the process of learning about lyme disease treatment and who was even knowledgeable about the Patricia Kane protocol and to whom we went for IV glutathione infusions.

I heard there were other practitioners who did hyperbaric oxygen therapy for lyme there too, but we never tried that. This was much more medical support than we had in Ohio.

My ``lyme'' doctor at that time was in Connecticut and we had phone consultations with him. He was a whiz about antibiotics but did not do or know much about any alternative therapies.

That year, I continued rigorous antibiotic treatment, trying different combinations. I took numerous antibiotics and meds during this ordeal, including bicillin injections, and the mepron yellow paint which literally broke the bank since I had no prescription coverage.

In May, I graduated law school and got married. A few months later I took the bar exam. Although I could think again enough to finish law school and study for and pass the bar, I still felt very sick.

The antibiotics clearly helped but fell far short of any kind of cure. Also, when I tried to take breaks from antibiotics during that second year of treatment, I had to start them again very quickly because I would just slip and get worse.

I lost hope that I would ever reach a point where I would go a day feeling energetic and normal and not having to think about this dreaded disease and I never thought I would be able to stop antibiotics for lyme.

After I took the bar, my mother suggested a radical step of going to Germany for treatment with the Bionic 880 photon therapy machine. She had read about the experiences of other lyme sufferers on this forum and on the internet and thought that it could help.

In October my mom, dad amd I traveled to Germany to do the Bionic 880 treatment with Dr. W. In Germany, Dr. W's energetic testing showed lyme at the highest point on his testing machine- the needle of the machine seemed to strain the lyme detecting equipment.

I treated with the Bionic 880 and did the IV infusions and ozone therapy he had in his office where they take out a good deal of blood, infuse it with the ozone, and then put it back into you.

I admit, I was pretty skeptical about the treatment, but I was hopeful that it might help. At my last session with Dr. W in Germany, the lyme showed as non-existent on his testing equipment and he pronounced me lyme free.

But I did not feel so lyme free and when I returned to the states I still felt very sick. After Germany, however, I stopped taking all antibiotics (we stopped taking all medications and supplements a few weeks before going to Germany as Dr. W suggested).

However, after returning, I gradually began to feel better and got that ``spark of life'' back that I thought I would never feel again. I felt more and more like my old self. And this time, I did not appear to get worse after stopping the antibiotics, so it seemed like the photon therapy did ``something.''

From that first visit to Germany in the fall of 2009, I stopped and stayed off all antibiotics for lyme.

In January, soon after returning from Germany, I learned that I was pregnant. However, about six weeks later I had a miscarriage. After that, I seemed to slide down in terms of lyme symptoms.

I long thought that I would not be able to have a child because of the lyme ordeal. My symptoms then started to return and my family planned another trip to Germany for May.

When we returned to Dr. W about half a year later, his energetic testing showed that lyme was active, but still nowhere near the level it was on the first visit, when it seemed to be off the charts on his energetic testing machine.

This time, he used the Bionic 880 to treat with coinfection nosodes in order to address the erlichia, babesia, etc. Again, when we left, his energetic testing showed no lyme or coinfections.

This time, however, my family purchased a Bionic 880 machine to use at home if needed. We were fortunate to find one used in the states. When we returned home, I slowly felt my condition improve.

When I felt like I was slipping or my symptoms were returning, I repeated the treatment on my Bionic 880 at home, using the lyme nosodes from Germany or those we got here from Deseret Biologicals.

We would repeat the photon treatment when muscle testing and my symptoms indicated.

First it was once a week, then every two weeks, then rarer and rarer. Since returning from the first visit to Germany in October of 2009 I have not returned to taking any antibiotics.

Also, after the first visit to Germany, I started a full time legal job, which I handled just fine. Nine months later, I switched to a more demanding legal job and worked even longer big firm hours, often staying up until midnight to handle legal work.

I never thought this would ever be possible given how sick I was previously.

After returning from the second trip to Germany in the spring of 2010, in the summer, I was diagnosed with thyroid disease. I am not sure if this was caused by the photon therapy, lyme, or both, but I felt that perhaps my thyroid issue was partly to blame for my prior miscarriage.

I was not upset about the thyroid because it seemed like a cakewalk compared to the lyme, from which I seemed to be recovering. The thyroid issue was controlled with a pill a day and occasional monitoring by an endocrinologist.

In the beginning of this year, I again learned that I was pregnant and a few months ago I had a healthy baby girl.

I did not take antibiotics during pregnancy because I was feeling okay and by then I had been off all antibiotics for two years. At birth, I had a cord blood sample sent to Igenex for lyme testing and it came back negative.

Although I am very worried and plan to monitor her closely, my daughter seems to be doing fine. I am on maternity leave and look forward to going back to my job. I do not think about lyme every day, just once in awhile to remember what my family and I went through and to be thankful for what I have now.

I am not sure if I am cured and I am not sure if I will ever feel just like I did before lyme, but I feel good. My symptoms are gone and I no longer think about lyme and it is no longer a part of my life. Of course, I am worried about lyme coming back, but I plan to use the photon machine if I feel any symptoms returning.

During my journey, I met others who have beaten this disease in different ways and using different therapies and who now lead normal lives.

I feel very thankful to have had such great family support during my battle with lyme because they gave me the strength to go on and hoped in my place when I had no hope left inside of me. I know how much of a burden lyme can wreck on your life physically, emotionally, and financially.

When I was very sick and not getting better in spite of very rigorous and costly treatment, I felt that I had nothing left to live for.

All I have to say is that I learned how little qualification I have to work as a fortune teller because I was wrong in confidently predicting that I would be a casualty of this disease when, today, I sit here sharing my success story.

I wish all of you much health and a happy Thanksgiving holiday.

(DesperationIn - Cleveland, OH)
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
For other Progress and Success Stories:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=015820;p=0
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnsjw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnsjw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for taking the time to post your story. Lots of luck to you.
Posts: 211 | From In my house | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8gatortots
Member # 31529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8gatortots     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an uplifting story! I SOO needed that as I am herxing badly and am afraid antibiotics won't be enough to save me either. Thanks for sharing!
Posts: 8 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had to thank you for this amazing story... I needed to hear it especially today... It is no doubt that you are enjoying your full life now... what a gift... thank you enough for caring and getting back to us all on this... Best-
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a story. i am so glad u and baby are well.

i wonder how you can remember it so well...did you keep a journal and work from that to rewrite at the end?

you are so lucky to have family with time, energy, and money to help you.

and even more important...family to believe in you

many dont have that and it is a shame that all that seems to be necessary to conquer this disease

i am so glad you posted so the world can know with the right tx and support it is possible to win over the bugs

congrats to you and your family...thanks for coming back...and hope you have a beautiful life

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up again to inspire ...
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Up again for those who did not see this.... it is amazing... Thank you so much DesperationIn... though now I choose to call you SuccessIn....

Thank you to you Six, Seventeen, Tutu and the rest for all of your constant support and encouragement... For literally lighting our way ....

Blessings...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement